PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Martial Arts Fighter Dies after Bout in SC

Y2JUBAE
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Charleston County authorities say a 30-year-old mixed martial arts fighter from Georgia has died after a bout in Mount Pleasant.

Deputy Coroner Dottie Lindsay says Tyrone Mims of Augusta, Ga., collapsed after the fight and was pronounced dead about 9:30 p.m. Saturday at Medical University Hospital.

The mixed martial arts event at Omar Shrine Temple at Patriots Point was called "Fight Night at the Point 6."

It was being streamed live online.

The cause of death is not yet known.
Mixed Martial Arts Fighter Dies after Bout in SC | wltx.com (http://www.wltx.com/news/article/197376/2/Mixed-Martial-Arts-Fighter-Dies-after-Bout-in-SC)

Saw this today.

Pasha K
08-12-2012, 10:37 PM
RIP

Sniggles
08-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Blake Poore vs. Tyrone Mims, Conflict MMA | Tapology (http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/conflict-mma-blake-poore-vs-tyrone-mimms)

He fought Chuck Norris!

d-low
08-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Great, more negative publicity....RIP, on a sidenote I would hate to be the guy he fought before his death, cant imagine how I would feel if my opponent died right after I fought him

Sakara=Excitement
08-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Great, more negative publicity....RIP, on a sidenote I would hate to be the guy he fought before his death, cant imagine how I would feel if my opponent died right after I fought him

For the life of me I can't remember who but there was a high profile death in boxing during the 80's and the boxer who "killed" the other guy, his life became a wreck.

Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Y2JUBAE
08-13-2012, 05:11 PM
For the life of me I can't remember who but there was a high profile death in boxing during the 80's and the boxer who "killed" the other guy, his life became a wreck.

Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan. He didn't die, but had brain damage after the fight, coma, blood clot, etc. That might be the one you are thinking of, but there have been a few boxers to die after the fight.