PDA

View Full Version : Salad Dressing and Marinade

bboyphl
02-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I've got a bunch of salad recipes but I really need some salad dressing recipes. Healthy ones would be nice. Also I would like some recipes for marinade. I can't find any that are good. Thank you.

warrior06
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
I like to marinade vegetables in a light Italian Salad dressing and grill em. Talkin, squash, zukeynie, cucumbers. Either over the flame on a BBQ, or in a grill pan. Have it with some grilled chicken, makes a good meal thats delice.

Alwaysbelieve1
02-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Just watch the sodium and calorie content on these. They can often times be real high. The fat content matters not so much as the other 2.

bboyphl
02-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Thanks warrior06. Anyone else with some info?

Clint
02-07-2007, 07:54 AM
The best thing to do is experiment. Vinegar and extra virgin olive oils make a good salad dressing/base. Try adding some mustard and some splenda.

Personally I use the Walden Farms Salad dressings here: http://www.waldenfarms.com/cfdressings.htm
They sell them at Food Lion (generally on a stand on the end of an aisle).

Alwaysbelieve1
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
The best thing to do is experiment. Vinegar and extra virgin olive oils make a good salad dressing/base. Try adding some mustard and some splenda.

Personally I use the Walden Farms Salad dressings here: http://www.waldenfarms.com/cfdressings.htm
They sell them at Food Lion (generally on a stand on the end of an aisle).

I don't have that brand, or Food Lion, where I live, but buying from end caps may not be the best since that is what the marketing wants consumers to do by directing their attention. Just because it's on an end cap doesn't mean it's bad either. That's not what I'm saying since I don't know anything about that brand. I just wanted to express a caution here.

Thaistylist
02-10-2007, 05:09 PM
if you add a touch of dijon mustard to a vinegarette it holds the oil and vinegar together

Alwaysbelieve1
02-11-2007, 05:15 PM
if you add a touch of dijon mustard to a vinegarette it holds the oil and vinegar together

Nice trick. :)