PDA

View Full Version : Walking

Warchief
02-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Besides threadmill,jumping rope,cycling, and jogging . how about regular walking for 30 minutes,is this also a good cardio?

Metalhead
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Walking is probably the most underrated excersice. If you're in great cardio shape it won't really progress your training, but won't hurt it. If you're just starting out your training, walking is a great start.

Warchief
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Walking is probably the most underrated excersice. If you're in great cardio shape it won't really progress your training, but won't hurt it. If you're just starting out your training, walking is a great start.Ma man this is what i do,i walk for 20 or 30 minutes(sometimes if cycling is not available) and then i do punching bag or shadow boxing for 10 or 20 minutes and the rest is light power training (to imrove my striking) and ab work out.i do these twice a week,besides weight training for 3 days(separately) what can you say about my conditiong is this good or not?

supermark21
02-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Ma man this is what i do,i walk for 20 or 30 minutes(sometimes if cycling is not available) and then i do punching bag or shadow boxing for 10 or 20 minutes and the rest is light power training (to imrove my striking) and ab work out.i do these twice a week,besides weight training for 3 days(separately) what can you say about my conditiong is this good or not?
I wouldnt say walking does much at all for cardio but it does give a small boost to your metabolism. I would say try using the stairmaster. if you can do that on hills for half an hour without breaking down to tears, you're the man.
Also i like that you do shadow boxing. ive done that alot too and i really get winded after a few min.

Warchief
02-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I wouldnt say walking does much at all for cardio but it does give a small boost to your metabolism. I would say try using the stairmaster. if you can do that on hills for half an hour without breaking down to tears, you're the man.
Also i like that you do shadow boxing. ive done that alot too and i really get winded after a few min. Many thank's for the info, supermark21 and metalhead.:wavesmile:

Metalhead
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Walking is good for you there's no doubt about it. Maybe you should jog instead though.

supermark21
02-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Walking is great for you, and Swimming is even better, i think eventually all fighters will have swimming as a part of there routine.
God yes. Swimming is brutal. Especially when you have a high muscle content because you sink like all hell.
Or swim longer distances while underwater to build up your lungs. run with ankle weights on (gives resistance but doesnt bang the knees)
I forgot all about the pool

Warchief
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Metalhead Maybe you should jog instead though.[/QUOTE]
:grinsmile26:

Krellek
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
No doubt about swimming, that is harder than any cardio excercise out there. i can run 4 to 5 miles and be fine, but put me in a pool and i'm done after like 4 laps

Warchief
03-10-2007, 05:27 PM
No doubt about swimming, that is harder than any cardio excercise out there. i can run 4 to 5 miles and be fine, but put me in a pool and i'm done after like 4 laps
I can do disame thing in running...but im suck when it comes to swimming. :ahh: