PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mir vs. Andre Arlovski

killerinstinct
07-02-2006, 03:01 AM
It would be interesting to see how good AA is on the ground compared to a very accomplished ground fighter like Mir.

Intellectual
07-03-2006, 10:32 AM
As much as i hate Josh Barnett, i hate Frank Mir as well. Another cocky fighter who has his head up his ass.

vote- AA

but this should be a superb fight. Mir shouldn't really have trouble.

ddot
07-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Did u see Mir vs Dan Christison? Can u say out of shape?? Waste of potential. AA by ko.Would love to see that match, and will prob be the next match for both of them or brandon vera might get thrown in the mix, but i think aa is far superior in striking compared to both of them.

matto
07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
rofl couldnt agree more, he normally fights at like 230 and weighed in at 262, but aa would knock mir out so fast, aa is the best, silvia shouldnt be champ, but mir is no chump he broke silvia's arm and make tank tap in like 40 seconds, but a lot of u guys keep forgetting that andri was origionally a ground guy, he just took likeing striking now, but he even won some submissions tournaments i think, but then again im wrong about a lot of things so dont count on that being right, because i get things mixed up a lot.:sadsmile1: :fingersmilie: :banghead:

matto
07-11-2006, 11:50 AM
AA is the best even better then cro cop and Fedor Emelianenko, but that is not to say that mir is a joke, he has awesome ground skills and make a lot of highley regarded people tap, but he is simply not on andri's level. ANDRI SHOULD BE CHAMP. 59 was a fluke a 1 in 100, missed and got cought with a short shot and in 61 u didnt see the andri that was seemingly unstoppable, he was too cautious because of 59 that he wasnt agressive like he usually is. 59 really hurt him because it took away a lot of his agression that made him to where he is, he should have came in with the same gameplan as 59 because he probably wouldnt have got cought with such a shot as he did at 59

matto
07-11-2006, 11:53 AM
i doubt that andri will get another rematch but if it were up to me id give him one. if mir faced silvia, its this simple if the fight stays on the feet, silvia by ko but if it hits the ground its mir by submission, silvia's ground game is not at the level it should be, he is not well rounded, andri should have takein him to the ground for the forsure victory even though they are close in striking skills

killerinstinct
07-11-2006, 10:43 PM
AA is the best even better then cro cop and Fedor Emelianenko, but that is not to say that mir is a joke, he has awesome ground skills and make a lot of highley regarded people tap, but he is simply not on andri's level. ANDRI SHOULD BE CHAMP. 59 was a fluke a 1 in 100, missed and got cought with a short shot and in 61 u didnt see the andri that was seemingly unstoppable, he was too cautious because of 59 that he wasnt agressive like he usually is. 59 really hurt him because it took away a lot of his agression that made him to where he is, he should have came in with the same gameplan as 59 because he probably wouldnt have got cought with such a shot as he did at 59
AA better than Fedor and Crocop?Come on.I'm sure AA is okay on the ground he has a Sambo background so I'm sure he's okay with submissions. He supposed to have good leg locks ,but on the ground I think Mir has a huge advantage ,but who knows.Thats why I would like to see this fight b/c it'd be interesting to see how well AA would do against an accomplished ground fighter.It would also be interesting to see if Mir could get AA on the ground.

matto
07-12-2006, 07:08 AM
im not saying anything aginst mir, because he used to be one of my favorites, but did u see his fight against cruz? cruz tore him apart and andri could do it even better then cruz, but if mir did happen to get a takedown then he has a good chance, who knows he did break silvias arm

killerinstinct
07-12-2006, 07:16 AM
im not saying anything aginst mir, because he used to be one of my favorites, but did u see his fight against cruz? cruz tore him apart and andri could do it even better then cruz, but if mir did happen to get a takedown then he has a good chance, who knows he did break silvias arm
I saw the Cruz fight.I ordered it on ppv.It was obvious Mir wasn't ready to return yet.

matto
07-12-2006, 07:54 AM
im not trying to take anything away from mir, but i think mir stands a better chance agains slivia then he does aa, in both fights he has a good chance of getting ko'ed but he would have a better chance of submitting silvia, silvia's is ONLY STANDUP, i dont think ull ever see silvia submit a high ranking mma guy. eaither fight for mir he has got to do something about his weight, 262.5,6.2 is not a very good weight for him, but he excellent ground skills.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Id Take Aa Over Mir... Aa Is Not Better Than Cro Cop Or Fedor... He'd Put Up A Good Fight Though!!!

mattsoper
07-13-2006, 05:59 AM
I like this match up and I think it will be the next for these

it would be the perfect fight for AA...he would win and beat a knwon fighter that would get him some of his credit back..the only way I see Mir winnign is if he uses his fat body to sit on AA's head