PDA

View Full Version : Joe Riggs vs. Diego Sanchez

killerinstinct
07-02-2006, 08:34 AM
who would win?

Intellectual
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
i think this fight can go either way...but probably Sanchez has teh advantage if it goes ground.

killerinstinct
07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I think I chose Riggs.He's stronger than the competition that Diego has fought since winning tuf.I think he's too strong for Diego although Riggs is a bit inconsistent at times so this fight is kind of a pick em fight.

space
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
I think Riggs would win do to his size and strength. I don't think Sanchez

would be able to control him on the ground or submit him, but who knows.

greg39tigers
07-06-2006, 07:42 PM
sanchez with ground and pound victory

Dsm634
07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I think Riggs would just plain overpower Sanchez, plus he has heavy hands.:devil:

killerinstinct
07-18-2006, 12:41 AM
I think Riggs would just plain overpower Sanchez, plus he has heavy hands.:devil:
Riggs has the tools to be a top guy-he's fast,he's heavey handed,he has some underated wrestling skills.He's just very inconsistent.

supermark21
07-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Riggs has the tools to be a top guy-he's fast,he's heavey handed,he has some underated wrestling skills.He's just very inconsistent.
sanchex went down to 171 tho didnt he? i think this would be the first time we would see diego on the bad side of the ground and pound

killerinstinct
07-18-2006, 12:50 AM
sanchex went down to 171 tho didnt he? i think this would be the first time we would see diego on the bad side of the ground and pound
yeah Diego went down to 170 ,but Riggs is supposed to drop back to 170 so this fight could happen.

ArMnHC
07-18-2006, 02:05 AM
unfortunately, Dirty Sanchez would win this fight. Riggs has no ground game and he showed that aginst Swick. Damn that Sanchez! I hate him!!! :angrrry:

killerinstinct
07-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Riggs showed he had ground game against Lytle.

supermark21
07-18-2006, 05:04 PM
if riggs got down to 170 and can maintain it. i think he will dominate every round. that guy is huge for a ww.

matto
07-19-2006, 05:05 AM
as much as i like riggs, id have to go with sanchez, if the fight was on the feet, riggs would easiley ko diego but diego will take him down and riggs doesnt have much of a ground game at all, he has very good standup but his ground game is not there at all.

killerinstinct
07-19-2006, 05:38 AM
as much as i like riggs, id have to go with sanchez, if the fight was on the feet, riggs would easiley ko diego but diego will take him down and riggs doesnt have much of a ground game at all, he has very good standup but his ground game is not there at all.
I wouldn't say that Diegowould get KOed easily.Riggs is a way better striker ,but I don't know how easy it would be for him to KO Diego.I also wouldn't say he has poor ground game.He's won 42% of his fights by submission and has some good elbows off his back too-watch the Lytle fight.Why do you think he has poor ground game?B/C he lsot to the most dominant WW in mma?or b/c he got caught in guillotine(can't spell) by a guy who always jumps straight to guillotine anytime someone shoots on him or his stand up doesn't work?Swick has a really good guillotine just b/c you get caught in that doesn't mean you have poor ground game.Riggs is a lot stronger than Diego and the competition he's fought.

matto
07-19-2006, 05:50 AM
ya u might be right, but if the fight goes to the ground and u think riggs will win ud be insane, but ya riggs has the heaviest hands in ww devison hands down, and is strong but he could improve his ground game.