PDA

View Full Version : CroCop wins the 2013 K1 GP

vegas bushido
03-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Please see title

lwbrewer
03-16-2013, 11:21 AM
lot of info you provided us with there:)

MIZjitsZOU
03-16-2013, 11:27 AM
K-1 Grand Prix results fight video: Mirko Cro Cop wins K-1 Grand Prix 2013 - Bloody Elbow (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/15/4110822/k-1-grand-prix-results-mirko-cro-cop-wins-full-fight-video-ismael-londt-badr-hari-2013)

Seventeen years after making his K-1 debut, Cro Cop has finally done it. Mirko Cro Cop has won the K-1 Grand Prix 2013. The UFC, Pride, and K-1 legend claimed the crown today in Zagreb, Croatia, defeating Ismael Londt in the finals. Along the way, Cro Cop also defeated Jarrell Miller and Pavel Zhuravlev, all via decision.

Check out the full fight video of the Cro Cop vs. Ismael Londt finals above.

Despite the great story of the aging legend finally winning the big one in his home country, Cro Cop's win does not come without controversy. His quarterfinal win over Miller was, in all honesty, a bad decision, as Miller should have taken the win. His other victories were more definitive, as he scored a knockdown in the finals to cement the win there.

The other big name on the show was Badr Hari, fighting for the first time since serving time in prison last year. Hari defeated Zabit Samedov in the quarterfinals via decision, though it was a weird fight, with Hari tagged on more than one occasion. He did score a pair of knockdowns though, and that was enough for the win, even if it was sloppy at times. Unfortunately, it was later revealed that Hari broke his foot in the fight, and he was unable to continue in the tournament. Dzevad Poturak took Hari's semi-final slot against Londt.

Overall, it was not the best show ever with a lot of strange fights and odd moments. But the finale of Cro Cop winning more than makes up for any issues along the way. Who knows what the future holds for K-1, or even if there is a future, but if they go out with Mirko Cro Cop as GP champion, that will be a fine ending in my book.

Fedorlei Gomipierre
03-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I love Crocop to death, but this whole thing reeks of a work

disposableassassin
03-16-2013, 12:14 PM
I love Crocop to death, but this whole thing reeks of a work

Agreed.

The Donosaur
03-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Good for CroCop.

Pasha K
03-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Are there any videos??

I do not think it was a worked show!
There are bad judges everywhere.

Crocop is a hero! He would not have won it if there were competing people like Schilt, Ghita, Saki etc.
But still, Crocop is a beast! Athis age, after so many wars, he is still able to compete and defeat fighters that are probably 15 years younger than he is!

Obviously K-1 is not anymore what it used to be, but that is not Mirko's fault!

War Crocop!

TheDoucheyWun
03-16-2013, 02:51 PM
I have read crazier shit...I think.

dbader08
03-17-2013, 05:17 PM
His 1st win was total bullshit.

And the last guy he fought has bad cardio and had a couple tough fights...and had nothing left. It wasn't that impressive honestly.

Ramma
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't think the fights were fixed, but this tournament was set-up for a Cro Cop win. No doubt about it. This had to be the least stacked K-1 GP ever, and it was in his backyard.

NinjaShogunRua
03-28-2013, 05:30 AM
It's a shame what K-1 has become. On the bright side GLORY is stacking their roster and are now the premier kickboxing org.

Firemass
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM
I love CroCop, but that wasn't a win against Miller, he looked slow and just got outworked.

Looking at the Glory fighters I think CroCop is better off in K-1. Some vicious fights in Glory5.

Repenter
04-05-2013, 06:44 PM
great for him to retire with that title under his belt, even if the talent pool was substantially shallower than in previous years.

shocking that he can be knocked out by a schlub like shaub and then go win the world championship in kickboxing two years later. hrmmm.

dexter
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm genuinely surprised at this, even if one of the wins was controversial, as Crocop seemed very gunshy in his last few UFC fights

Repenter
05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
it is odd. he was so gunshy and had completely lost his killer instinct. then he leaves the UFC and immediately beats... was it aerts or sefo?

Pasha K
05-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Sefo

NinjaShogunRua
05-26-2013, 11:10 PM
People are giving too much credit for this one. K-1 is garbage these days. All the best guys are in GLORY.

H0SS
05-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Could you imagine Cro Cop vs Badr Hari? Despite the fact that Cro Cop won the GP, and Hari just lost...

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1625797/2_medium.gif

... I think Hari would murder that nice old Croation man.

Pasha K
05-27-2013, 12:53 AM
People are giving too much credit for this one. K-1 is garbage these days. All the best guys are in GLORY.

Obviously the best guys are in Glory, but are you seriously saying that K-1 is garbage??? It is not that the fighters there have the stand up skills of the likes of Aoki or Jake Shields. Obviously they are not in the same level of the Glory fighters, but garbage???
It is like saying that fighters in ONE FC are garbage.

And Crocop deserves the credit he is getting for winning this one. No one is saying that now he is the best striker in the world, but considering how damaged he is, how he was almost retired, how he ended his UFC career with 3 KO loses to guys that are not even his shadow in the striking aspect.
And to return to kickboxing and win an important belt is indeed a big deal.

Yeah obviously he would lose to the Top guys in Glory, and yes he would also lose to Badr Hari, but still winning the K-1 GP even if K-1 is not the same as before is not something that anyone can do.

NinjaShogunRua
05-28-2013, 07:58 PM
^Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

I think that K-1 is hot garbage now, especially in their heavyweight class. K-1 MAX still has a few good guys like Kyshenko, Zambidis, Groenhart, and Souwer. Other than that, there isn't much to see. I've been a K-1 fan since way back. It's just not the same anymore, plain and simple.

Repenter
06-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Could you imagine Cro Cop vs Badr Hari? Despite the fact that Cro Cop won the GP, and Hari just lost...

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1625797/2_medium.gif

... I think Hari would murder that nice old Croation man.

i think he was going to fight hari 3 years ago or so? before he made his mini-return to the UFC. at the time, nobody except cro cop and hari thought it was a good idea.