PDA

View Full Version : Kens other coach?

Afro
07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Who else did Ken bring on besides the bodybuilder?

TapOut27
07-04-2006, 02:01 PM
A nutritionist and striking coach

killerinstinct
07-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Roman Pollock and Dan Freeman.Roman was the boxing coach and Dan was the strength and conditioning coach.

Afro
07-04-2006, 02:06 PM
damn thats exactly what I would of done lol

no lie if I were a TUF coach I would bring in a conditioning coahc and a boxing coach, that would be perfect for me.

think about it, the guys they bring in already know BJJ, Muay Thai and all that.. you can bring in these coaches to improve there games but ya know there just gonna go back to there gyms after the show and improve it anyways

I rather have a strength and conditioning coach helpin build there bodies up and and endurance, getting them in good shape.. cuz a lot of TUF fighters come in in bad shape.. you get them cut, and there stamina up and there good to go. Bring in a boxing coach to improve there standup game cuz your usually strikin with a guy in TUF anyways.

Ken had it planned out and he shoulda done better if he actually wanted to be there, if he had his guys believin in what he was tryna sell, and he was dedicated then the season would of been good for him cuz I woulda done the same stuff he did, just I wouldnt act like I didnt wanna be there like him.

WorldsMostDangerousMan
07-04-2006, 04:26 PM
damn thats exactly what I would of done lol

no lie if I were a TUF coach I would bring in a conditioning coahc and a boxing coach, that would be perfect for me.

think about it, the guys they bring in already know BJJ, Muay Thai and all that.. you can bring in these coaches to improve there games but ya know there just gonna go back to there gyms after the show and improve it anyways

I rather have a strength and conditioning coach helpin build there bodies up and and endurance, getting them in good shape.. cuz a lot of TUF fighters come in in bad shape.. you get them cut, and there stamina up and there good to go. Bring in a boxing coach to improve there standup game cuz your usually strikin with a guy in TUF anyways.

Ken had it planned out and he shoulda done better if he actually wanted to be there, if he had his guys believin in what he was tryna sell, and he was dedicated then the season would of been good for him cuz I woulda done the same stuff he did, just I wouldnt act like I didnt wanna be there like him.

I totally agree if ken had people on his team that actually would've listened to him and believed in his methods of training his team would've done much better

killerinstinct
07-04-2006, 04:46 PM
I totally agree if ken had people on his team that actually would've listened to him and believed in his methods of training his team would've done much better
Mike Nickels listened to Ken and look where that got him.Ken did have some bad attitudes on his team ,but there were people there that wanted to be trained by him.

Afro
07-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Mike Nickels listened to Ken and look where that got him.Ken did have some bad attitudes on his team ,but there were people there that wanted to be trained by him.
Nickels didnt exactly listen to Ken

Ken said flying knee atleast a million times durin that fight and Nickels threw 0 flying Knees

killerinstinct
07-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Ken said flying knee atleast a million times durin that fight and Nickels threw 0 flying Knees
maybe he didn't listen during the fight ,but during his interviews he never had anything bad to say about Ken.

Afro
07-04-2006, 05:36 PM
maybe he didn't listen during the fight ,but during his interviews he never had anything bad to say about Ken.
neither did Ed and Ed shoulda won the whole thing, Jesse had no problems only problem with Jesse was he was a wrestler that couldnt finish fights what to do with him? Solomon had no problems and should of won his fight, Kalib really didnt have any problems.. he didnt like the training but he still did it right? I dont think Tito's training prevents fighters from breaking there ribs either nothing you can do about that

the two guys who had problems with Ken.. Kristin and Tait and where are they now?

killerinstinct
07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
neither did Ed and Ed shoulda won the whole thing, Jesse had no problems only problem with Jesse was he was a wrestler that couldnt finish fights what to do with him? Solomon had no problems and should of won his fight, Kalib really didnt have any problems.. he didnt like the training but he still did it right? I dont think Tito's training prevents fighters from breaking there ribs either nothing you can do about that

the two guys who had problems with Ken.. Kristin and Tait and where are they now?
they all had problems with conditioning which was Ken's fault.He brought in a strength and conditioning guy and they still had poor conditioning.

Afro
07-04-2006, 05:43 PM
they all had problems with conditioning which was Ken's fault.He brought in a strength and conditioning guy and they still had poor conditioning.
ya thats kinda weird

killerinstinct
07-04-2006, 06:57 PM
ya thats kinda weird
Instead of training his guys Ken would take them golfing,bowling, celebrating his b-day.some days he didn't even show up to train them. He was more interested in getting into confrontations with Tito than training his fighters.

Brett Ferguson
07-06-2006, 03:05 AM

Correction, well almost! Nickels through one knee from the clinch I believe. :grinsmile1:

I think if Ken's heart had been there the outcome would have atleast been a bit different. I think we would have seen more of Ken's fighters in the finals. Ken has his sights set on Tito and that was it.

Legend
07-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Ken cared about one thing and that wasnt his fighters. He cared about Tito. Just like Ken's last few fights he was just going through the motions so he could get Tito again. Even before the show i found it alittle weired that none of Ken's Lion's Den fighters never really hit it big. I mean some of his fighters have had some success but none of them ever really hit it big. Now i understad why.

ddoggma
07-07-2006, 02:54 AM
I agree, Afro Bro. Kens guys didn't want it as bad as Titos guys. And ken didn't help, bye not explaining the "game plan" to them. Like I said before. Ken should have just cardio bootcamped em. Like Tito did to his guys.

Plus after watching a tape or two of Dean Listers ground game.....wow! A guy like that knows all kinds of tricky shit. I would of had one standup coach and one ground coach. Just like Tito I guess. And Nickels threw a knee after ken screemed it about a 100x. It landed hard. Had he used the knees the whole fight, He would have won. That grappler would have walked into it every time, I bet.

Clint
07-07-2006, 07:42 AM
I figure it should also be mentioned that prior to TUF, Ken's striking coach had NO prior experience teaching striking in regards to MMA.

#1taz
07-18-2006, 08:46 AM
I agree...Ken hand-picked his guys and their trainers, and then was supposed to set an example and earn their trust and respect, then lead them to victory...and Ken did a lousy job all around.

If he got to hand-pick his fighters and his trainers...and then it all turned into one big crap sandwich...then he's obviously the problem.

He totally dropped the ball that time.

supermark21
07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Instead of training his guys Ken would take them golfing,bowling, celebrating his b-day.some days he didn't even show up to train them. He was more interested in getting into confrontations with Tito than training his fighters.
listen to the interview of ken at sherdog. he gives the reasons to why he did things the way he did. and remember guys- its tv. reality tv at that. creative editing ring a bell? did you notice how even when ken did train his guys they showed maybe 5 min and the rest of the show was all about tito? theres always gonna be a good guy and a bad guy. this was just kens turn

Jza
07-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Out of interest who were the good guys/bad guys on the previous seasons of TUF cos I missed it. Honest question not trying to stir anything.

Clint
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
The first season there really wasn't a good guy/bad guy but in Season 2 Matt Hughes was the definate bad guy while Franklin was the good guy.

killerinstinct
07-18-2006, 10:48 PM
The first season there really wasn't a good guy/bad guy but in Season 2 Matt Hughes was the definate bad guy while Franklin was the good guy.
Season one had Hoger and Hughes wasn't a bad guy just kind of a hardass.Bill Parcells guys hate him untill they start winning which was something Hughes did.People may not like his traing style ,but it works.

Jza
07-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks for both responses, I was merely wondering because everyone talks about Ken was put in a bad light, Tito was put in a good light.

Now I remember watching the other series and not identifying a good/bad guy but I wasn't as in to MMA previously as I am now hence the questions.

The only reason I'd dispute the good/bad scenario is thepure fact that I saw Kendall fight pre TUF and he was nowhere near Herman's league, hell I watched them train at the beginning of TUF and he was still nowhere near as good. However when it all came down to it at the end Kendall won and even if (as some claim) it was a 29 - 28 loss then that was still a dramatic improvement which I did not see from any of kens fighters.

You can only show what they have done, the producers can focus away from Ken's good points but if he has no bad ones they can't show them either. Same with Tito sure they can ignore what he does wrong but if he does nothing right then they can't make it up can they.

J zingher
07-26-2006, 02:22 PM
yeah, if you want anymore evidence on what type of coaches they were, just look at how their teams did.