PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Lidell vs. Wanderlei Silva

tyson2481
07-04-2006, 09:29 PM
cant believe nobody posted this one... i say wandy by KO

Intellectual
07-04-2006, 09:38 PM
im just gonna say this, and i hope i dont get hated on...

Wanderlei took out Fujita...

now can Fujita defeat Liddell? i believe he can with ease.

so Wanderlei gets my vote for this matchup.

Afro
07-04-2006, 10:03 PM
im just gonna say this, and i hope i dont get hated on...

Wanderlei took out Fujita...

now can Fujita defeat Liddell? i believe he can with ease.

so Wanderlei gets my vote for this matchup.
the same Fujita that didnt do crap against Ken Shamrock? I love Fujita to death but after what Ken did to him even winning that fight its hard to say that he would beat Chuck with ease.. cuz Chuck can KO ppl, Ken cant. But then again Fujita is hard to beat Chuck might gas.

nole
07-05-2006, 06:27 AM
wand is to good of a striker and to fast for chuck

Intellectual
07-05-2006, 06:40 AM
the same Fujita that didnt do crap against Ken Shamrock? I love Fujita to death but after what Ken did to him even winning that fight its hard to say that he would beat Chuck with ease.. cuz Chuck can KO ppl, Ken cant. But then again Fujita is hard to beat Chuck might gas.

you make a good point but that fight was like 5 years ago i think. Fujita has become stronger...he's a fucking rhino.

nole
07-05-2006, 09:44 AM
fuck this shit wand and chuck need to fight cause not matter what the debate is if wand or chucks name get brought up the other name gets thrown in as well

prideFAN
07-05-2006, 04:46 PM
cant believe nobody posted this one... i say wandy by KO

This same thread has been done before by me and a few others, but once again I'll say Wanderlei Silva.lol

:stewie:

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-06-2006, 01:07 AM
wand is to good of a striker and to fast for chuck

I DONT THINK WAND IS THAT MUCH FASTER THAN CHUCK... AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH EVERYONE KNOWS WAND IS A LITTLE WILD AND I THNK CHUCKS PIN POINT KO POWER PUNCHES CAN CAPITILIZE ON THAT! I THINK CHUCK IS WAY PASSED THE DAYS WHERE HE USED TO GAS EARLY AND IS A THE TOP OF HIS GAME....WAND HAS DEVISTATING KNEES BUT THOSE WONT PLAY A PART IN THIS FIGHT... CHUCK HAS FATTY HIGH KICKS BUT AGAIN I DONT SEE THEM BEING A FACTOR....I DONT KNOW I CAN SEE IT GOIN EITHER WAY BUT ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY FOR EITHER FIGHTERS... SINCE I HAVE TO CHOOSE I GO WITH CHUCK VIA KO MOHTER FUCKERS HATE ON THAT!!!

prideFAN
07-06-2006, 01:13 AM
I DONT THINK WAND IS THAT MUCH FASTER THAN CHUCK... AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH EVERYONE KNOWS WAND IS A LITTLE WILD AND I THNK CHUCKS PIN POINT KO POWER PUNCHES CAN CAPITILIZE ON THAT! I THINK CHUCK IS WAY PASSED THE DAYS WHERE HE USED TO GAS EARLY AND IS A THE TOP OF HIS GAME....WAND HAS DEVISTATING KNEES BUT THOSE WONT PLAY A PART IN THIS FIGHT... CHUCK HAS FATTY HIGH KICKS BUT AGAIN I DONT SEE THEM BEING A FACTOR....I DONT KNOW I CAN SEE IT GOIN EITHER WAY BUT ITS NOT GOING TO BE EASY FOR EITHER FIGHTERS... SINCE I HAVE TO CHOOSE I GO WITH CHUCK VIA KO MOHTER FUCKERS HATE ON THAT!!!

To tell you the truth Chuch said himself that he never could pin point a knock out, they just happen. Chucks the one with the wild punches, but no one can just ask for a knock out.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-06-2006, 01:45 AM
To tell you the truth Chuch said himself that he never could pin point a knock out, they just happen. Chucks the one with the wild punches, but no one can just ask for a knock out.

OK AGREED BUT I STILL THINK CHUCK IS MORE PIN POINT THAN WAND...FUCK MAN I DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS FIGHT I THNK MY HEAD WOULD EXPLODE WITH THE FIRST ROUND STARE DOWN.... THIS IS THE MMA DREAM MATCH OF ALL TIME....

Afro
07-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Wanderlei would own Chuck, Chuck couldnt hurt Rampage.. I dont think hes gonna KO Wand, Wand can do so many things that Chuck cant do.

Intellectual
07-06-2006, 04:33 AM
has Wand ever been seriously knocked out?

excluding the Vitor Belfort fight.

nole
07-06-2006, 05:48 AM
has Wand ever been seriously knocked out?

excluding the Vitor Belfort fight.
ya tko (mariano)

but that was 8 and 9 years ago

Afro
07-06-2006, 06:22 AM
ya tko (mariano)

but that was 8 and 9 years ago
by cut too

sgthorse
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
i would love to see wanderlei kick the shit out of (as tito said) the "snowman"! chuck has not been tested in a while and i think the iceman is cold and prime to be taken out!

killerinstinct
07-06-2006, 10:15 PM
i would love to see wanderlei kick the shit out of (as tito said) the "snowman"! chuck has not been tested in a while and i think the iceman is cold and prime to be taken out!
Fighting Randy Couture twice,Jeremy Horn and others and he hasn't been tested in a while?

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Fighting Randy Couture twice,Jeremy Horn and others and he hasn't been tested in a while?

DAMN STRAIGHT... AND JUST CAUSE CHUCK LOST TO RAMPAGE AND RAMPAGE LOST TO WAND THAT DONT MEAN SHIT!!! WAND LOST TO TITO BY DESSICION AND CHUCK WOOPED TITO ASS BY KO....

CHUCKS THE MAN BUT SOO IS WAND

generic
07-07-2006, 12:34 AM
I think Wand would get some good shots in, but in the long run he couldn't handle the punching power of Lidell. I.E. The Jeromy Horn fight!

Proscriptor
07-07-2006, 01:53 AM
What the hell's up with all the caps?

Anyways, what rules/ring they fight in would play a role in it, which nobody seemed to mention.

Lidell can't outstrike Wand. He limits himself too much with punches. He seldom breaks pattern with kicks or knees, and he doesn't follow up much, or deliver many good combos. He's not overly quick.

Wand, on the other hand, makes full use of his whole body with striking {especially since he used to be a Vale Tudo fighter; he's not afraid to use whatever he can}. Honestly, I think he strikes with more power and speed than Chuck too. He has the best left-right combo in Pride, and never misses both shots, landing at least one every time. He's also one of the most aggressive, but sound fighters around today, not to mention tough as hell.

It's not to say that Chuck is weak or anything, but he's just outmatched. Silva has been in his prime for a couple of years, staying sharp by fighting a lot of great opponents, whereas Chuck has had Couture twice {a very past-his-prime Randy at that; no disrespect} and a couple of other guys who are nowhere near Silva's level.

I'd give it to Silva, 85/15.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-07-2006, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=Proscriptor]What the hell's up with all the caps?

Lidell can't outstrike Wand. He limits himself too much with punches. He seldom breaks pattern with kicks or knees, and he doesn't follow up much, or deliver many good combos. He's not overly quick.

NOT OVERLY QUICK.. HAVE YOU SEEN THE CHUCK TITO FIGHT? NO KICKS HE'S KO'D 2 DIFF. PEOPLE WITH HIGH KICKS. AND YEAH SILVA IS VERY AGRESSIVE BUT IN CHUCKS DEFFENSE HE IS MORE OF A COUNTER PUNCHER... NOT SAYIN CHUCK WOULD MOP THE FLOOR WITH SILVA BUT IT WOULD BE HARD FOR EITHER FIGHTER TO WIN IN A LAND SLIDE VICTORY

nole
07-07-2006, 02:30 AM
DAMN STRAIGHT... AND JUST CAUSE CHUCK LOST TO RAMPAGE AND RAMPAGE LOST TO WAND THAT DONT MEAN SHIT!!! WAND LOST TO TITO BY DESSICION AND CHUCK WOOPED TITO ASS BY KO....

CHUCKS THE MAN BUT SOO IS WAND
wand fought tito 6 and a half yeas ago
chuck fought rampage 2 and a half years ago
it is a little different

AlCarey
07-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Silva lost to Tito and Belfor......Chuck will win...

Intellectual
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM

that was years ago

Silva had a draw with Cro Cop, destroyed Fujita (that fucking rhino) and defeated Rampage twice...Chuck will lose

sgthorse
07-10-2006, 12:45 AM

what others? horn ok
he fought randy and really got lucky, but i'll give him this much you dont get lucky twice, but other than that what has he done except cry when rampage pounded his liver? i love watching that pussy lidell sit there and wince and cry in pain waiting for the ref to stop the fight. chucks a punk and if he dares step in a ring with wand the whole world will see that

NinjaShogunRua
07-10-2006, 03:00 AM

Yeah and those 2 fights were 6 and 8 years ago respectively. Wand has had 20 wins since those fights. Try to stay a little current.

TK beat Fedor back in the day too, saw what happened in the rematch =)

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=Proscriptor]What the hell's up with all the caps?

NOT OVERLY QUICK.. HAVE YOU SEEN THE CHUCK TITO FIGHT? NO KICKS HE'S KO'D 2 DIFF. PEOPLE WITH HIGH KICKS. AND YEAH SILVA IS VERY AGRESSIVE BUT IN CHUCKS DEFFENSE HE IS MORE OF A COUNTER PUNCHER... NOT SAYIN CHUCK WOULD MOP THE FLOOR WITH SILVA BUT IT WOULD BE HARD FOR EITHER FIGHTER TO WIN IN A LAND SLIDE VICTORY
He also defeated Jeff Monson using mainly leg kicks.Chuck Liddell has a fuucking Kickboxing style and uses kicks all the time.He didn't use kicks against Randy b/c Randy is a world class wrestler and he didn't want to be taken down.

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 10:07 AM
We'll all find out who's better soon enough.God I can't wait till this fight happens.

MMAKIng
07-10-2006, 02:40 PM
i'll tell you what i don't see this fight going past the first round. both guys are too heavy handed. the rules wether ufc or pride will play a big part also. if i had to choose give me wandy by ko in the first,, but you can never count out chuck with the hands he has, but wandy has the ground game. anyone ever see wandy fight cro cop and mark hunt, neither could knock him out and he threw down,,,,,it will be great.............

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
that was years ago

Silva had a draw with Cro Cop, destroyed Fujita (that fucking rhino) and defeated Rampage twice...Chuck will lose
He beat Crocop it was only a draw b/c there were no judges.The fight had special rules and was designed for Crocop to win and Wand won all 5 rounds if there were judges in that fight it would've been 50-40 for Silva. We might get to see a rematch with these 2 in the owgp.I'd love to see this b/c Crocop has improved a lot since there 1st outing.

FidgitUK
07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
He beat Crocop it was only a draw b/c there were no judges.The fight had special rules and was designed for Crocop to win and Wand won all 5 rounds if there were judges in that fight it would've been 50-40 for Silva. We might get to see a rematch with these 2 in the owgp.I'd love to see this b/c Crocop has improved a lot since there 1st outing.

Interesting about the special rules. Can you explain a bit more?

TIA

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Interesting about the special rules. Can you explain a bit more?

TIA
Usually when the fighters are in danger of falling out of the ring.They'll restart the fight on the ground in the center of the ring in this fight they restarted the fight standing.There was also 5 rounds of 3 minutes I beleive (maybe 5 minute rounds) and there were no judges.There were special rules b/c Crocop was mainly a K-1 guy.It was early in his mma carear. So it was a K-1 vs. Pride FC fight.Silva won every round and did most of it on the feet which came to everyones surprise.Crocop did mess him up with some body kicks though.Wand had a huge welp right below his rib cage.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-10-2006, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=CHUCKtheCHAMP]
He also defeated Jeff Monson using mainly leg kicks.Chuck Liddell has a fuucking Kickboxing style and uses kicks all the time.He didn't use kicks against Randy b/c Randy is a world class wrestler and he didn't want to be taken down.

well put my freind.... i honestly cant say with any certinty that chuck or wand is goin to win!! no one can! its too close to call i love both these fighters and when november comes all the fuckin talkin will stop!!!

munselln8
07-26-2006, 05:40 PM
This fight already happened about three or four years ago in Pride. Doesn't anyone remember? It was an awesome fight, with, Chuck losing in the third (I think) by TKO. Wand caught hinm on the chin, dropped him to a knee, and we all know what Wand does when he sees that . I would love to see them fight again. I would take Wand. again. He fights more often in Pride, I think than Liddell does in UFC.

tylerunemployed
07-26-2006, 06:39 PM
This fight already happened about three or four years ago in Pride. Doesn't anyone remember? It was an awesome fight, with, Chuck losing in the third (I think) by TKO. Wand caught hinm on the chin, dropped him to a knee, and we all know what Wand does when he sees that . I would love to see them fight again. I would take Wand. again. He fights more often in Pride, I think than Liddell does in UFC.
yeah to bad it hasnt happend yet

killerinstinct
07-27-2006, 03:25 AM
They've never fought.

prideFAN
07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
WOW that fight never happened, you must be thinkin of the Rampage/Chuck fight.
:afro:

randallhump
07-30-2006, 07:23 AM
wand fights guys every month that are like 40 lbs heavier then himself and whoops there ass it would be like chuck beating up on the heavyweights on a regular basis its not even gonna be a fight wandy is gonna swarm him and chew off chucks face i think hes gonna slowly destroy chuck make his face turn to mud and by the last round pound him in to a tko

killerinstinct
07-30-2006, 08:45 AM
He limits himself too much with punches. He seldom breaks pattern with kicks or knees, and he doesn't follow up much, or deliver many good combos. He's not overly quick.

Go watch Chucks fights with Monson,Babalu andBelfort and than try and say Chuck doesn't throw kicks.He was a fucking KICKBOXER!!!He has very nice kicks.You don't think he has combinations watch his fight with Tito than try and say that.

matto
07-30-2006, 09:11 AM
ya chuck throws a lot ok kicks, u just havent seen him use them much aginst couture. hard to think of who will win. this and the gsp vs. hughes fight have the potential to be one of best fights ever. eaither way i think its safe to say that the fight will end in a ko. and saying that chuck couldnt beat rampage and wand did is the same thing as saying that wand couldnt beat ortiz and chuck did. besides in the rematch with wand vs. ortiz, wand would win, and in chuck vs. rampage chuck would win, those fights were long gone and they have improved drastically. we havent seen chuck face a top notch striker like wand in a while, he lately fought guys that wanted the fight on the ground but couldnt take him down so they had to strike with him and ended up in ko, but wand will feel confident striking with chuck. if the fight does happen to hit the floor which it probably wont since the both like to strike wand has some good submissions i heard as well. but i dont think that wand will take chuck down, maybe after a slip or a knockdown. im not ganna bet on this fight or the gsp vs. hughes fight because it is too hard to decide.