PDA

View Full Version : gracie vs hughes

sgthorse
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
i would love to see royce fight matt hughes in a pride fighting venue and i think we would have a different outcome

Intellectual
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
i think it will be the same outcome.

Dsm634
07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Agreed. Rock beats sciccors in America OR Japan/Europe. :grinsmile1:

Intellectual
07-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Gracie has nothing left to prove. He's still an incredible fighter. He lost to hughes due to strenght advantage.

sgthorse
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Gracie has nothing left to prove. He's still an incredible fighter. He lost to hughes due to strenght advantage.

strength isnt everything as we have seen royce prove many times!

Intellectual
07-06-2006, 10:03 PM

strenght was teh advantage wen gracie fought hughes...

killerinstinct
07-06-2006, 10:29 PM
strenght was teh advantage wen gracie fought hughes...
I think we'd see the same outcome.The 1st fight went exactly as I expected.Royce dictated the pace on the feet with leg kicks and eventually Matt got frustrated and went for the takedown.The only problem was that since Royce wasn't a wrestler matt was able to slam Royce into side controll.Where there isn't any submission that Royce could pull off.That's when Matt used his strength advantage to keep Royce in side control and than to keep him in mount than to keep him in back mount.

killerinstinct
07-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Agreed. Rock beats sciccors in America OR Japan/Europe. :grinsmile1:
good ol' rock-Nothing beats rock.

supermark21
07-17-2006, 11:45 PM
not against someone thats as good as matt

tylerunemployed
07-18-2006, 06:26 AM
i think it would be the same outcome as the first fight..i give royce alot of credit but i just dont see it happening

WandAXE
07-18-2006, 06:18 PM
No way If anyone thought Gracie had a chance , was really dumb. Come on I didnt even get that ppv, I knew he was going to win. Matt has a spoon fed division for him, every opp, he has had either has to move up in wieght or move down. The division is taylor made for Matt.

Anza
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
lol, hughes frustrated? Royce dictated the pace, lol, he almost got submitted (he broke his hand but he didn't want to tapout because it will be so funny that a "wrestler" submitted BJJ master, lol...)

Hughes is more well rounded and more powerful, but it was not a Hughes onlyadvantage that he was stronger than him

matto
07-19-2006, 04:13 AM
i knew from the git go that gracie didnt stand a chance aginst matt, i wasnt excited about the fight at all, it came out exactly as i thought it would, royce has some of the best submissions in the world but hughes is just simply better then him.

killerinstinct
07-19-2006, 04:44 AM
No way If anyone thought Gracie had a chance , was really dumb. Come on I didnt even get that ppv, I knew he was going to win. Matt has a spoon fed division for him, every opp, he has had either has to move up in wieght or move down. The division is taylor made for Matt.
Yeah no good Matt he's always getting really easy competition-guys like GSP,BJ Penn,Carlos Newton,Joe Riggs,Sean Sherk-What a taylor made division huh!
:lmfao: :lmfao:

matto
07-19-2006, 04:47 AM
ya i think the ufc has the best 170 devison in th world.