PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated: Kurt Angle being investigated for steroids

Matt Boone
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
http://www.mmanews.com/other/Kurt-Angle-Being-Investigated-For-Illegal-Steroids.html

Highlander
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
angle sucks. He'd get his ass kicked by Koscheck.

BigBanda
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.mmanews.com/other/Kurt-Angle-Being-Investigated-For-Illegal-Steroids.html
Oh snap! This was a huge story with those pharmacists being busted, I read it last week. They had been involved in this ring for a while giving shit out without doctors approval and making millions in profit. I wonder what other athetes and stars will pop up from this. If this was around 2005 that Angle recieved these roids woudl not be surprised, there was rumor of him being in real bad shape and popping all kinds of meds. Hopefully he has cleaned himself now though.

Soul_Edge
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM

He would probably get his ass raped by koscheck, cause I guess kos is into that kind of stuff...I don't know why...

ronin
03-06-2007, 10:03 PM

Surprise Surprise, I knew there was a reason why the WWE fired him after failing the wellness program over and over again.

Bullock
03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Kurt doesn't do roids.

http://blog.blogosfere.it/blogs/wrestlingmania/images/angle.jpg

bradlee180
03-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, Holyfield recently denied it saying it's slandered his good reputation. He has that fan-favorite good-guy reputation, but if steroids are used, its cheating. Steroids give an advantage that the other guy doesn't have. Shane Mosely was mentioned in that Balco fiasco. Fernando Vargas was on steroids when he fought De la Hoya. Back to Holyfield:

It's difficult to believe that, naturally, without chemical help, that Holyfield could ADD 20 lbs of solid muscle in 8 months like he did in 1988 (190 lbs in April against Carlos DeLeon, 210 lbs in Dec against Pinklon Thomas). Don’t say Holyfield sweated off water-weight to make 190 because most of his fights at cruiserweight, Evander was well beneath the limit, weighing in at 185, 186, 187, or 188 lbs.

It’s extremely difficult to add any mass at all while maintaining cardiovascular conditioning. How does one add 20 lbs of solid muscle while still being able to do several miles roadwork regularly? Roadwork burns off calories like crazy. It was solid muscle too, not fat weight, as evidenced by his stomach remaining hard and chiseled. Old-time fighters used to just eat more to add weight, but there was often some fat weight there.

Holyfield lifted weights, but even doing that, 20 lbs solid in 8 months with no body-fat and maintaining cardio-conditioning is hard to believe UNLESS there was some chemical help. For weight-lifting guidance, a personal trainer was hired for Holyfield, and he was 8 time Mr.Olympia bodybuilding champion, Lee Haney. God helps those who help themselves.

Could this be related to that apparent heart problem Holyfield had after losing to Moorer, prompting Holyfield to retire for a while before being mysteriously healed by Benny Hinn and coming back to beat Tyson?

TapOut27
03-06-2007, 11:05 PM
']Kurt doesn't do roids.

http://blog.blogosfere.it/blogs/wrestlingmania/images/angle.jpg

Very true

His wellness program violation was because of pain pills. His neck is effed up.

Matt Boone
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM
No it was because of steroids (the wellness violation), most thought it was because of pain pills - which is something he does abuse.

Meltzer has a lot more info on the story at www.wrestlingobserver.com

Kyle Hyde
03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Dana White: "Kurt Angle is full of shit"

I tend to agree.

Dana White is also full of shit but I agree with him on that statement

Bullock
03-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Very true

His wellness program violation was because of pain pills. His neck is effed up.

I was being sarcastic.

I really think Angle takes roids. Him and every almost other wrestler

Palma
03-07-2007, 12:42 AM
']I was being sarcastic.

I really think Angle takes roids. Him and every almost other wrestler

Who knows, if they weren't juicing thay may not be able to act as well as they do.

jbart321
03-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Angle? Steroids? No way! How can this be?

neonatural45
03-07-2007, 12:58 AM
why is he being investigated? this is years after he was a real wrestler. Is it illegal to use roids in the WWE? if so.... why?

halozero
03-07-2007, 06:07 PM
...I wonder what other athetes and stars will pop up from this...

the story on CNN this morning also pointed a finger at john rocker.

here's the abc.com article (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2930016) {rocker, that is, not angle}

BigBanda
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
why is he being investigated? this is years after he was a real wrestler. Is it illegal to use roids in the WWE? if so.... why?
What do you mean? Steroids are illegal in the US period unless you have a prescription. WWE allows wrestlers to use them if it is for medical reasons and they have a prescription unlike a lot of other sports.

Here is a small piece from a follow up on this investigation...

Here is a follow up on the story posted earlier about Angle being linked to steroids in a sting focused on the Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center. Angle was one of many star athletes named in the sting as clients of the center.

Dave Meltzer reports that Angle failed a steroid test for nandralone (decadurabolin) prior to being released by WWE last year. At the time, WWE suspended Angle for 30 days and he and WWE later had a falling out, opening the door for him to go to TNA. Nandralone is one of the drugs that the report claims Angle got through the center between October 2004 and February 2005.

If Angle was using the drugs, it may not have been illegal since he had a prescription for them. The only legal reason to prescribe steroids is for medical reasons and most athletes (and wrestlers) could get prescriptions for steroids, claiming they use them to rehabilitate injuries. Of course, WWE allows its wrestlers to use steroids for medical reasons, something other sports organizations and worldwide competitions (ie the Olympics) don't allow.

Kurt Angle is also being mentioned in the Associated Press story that will likely appear in many newspapers and other media outlets throughout the week. TNA or WWE are not mentioned in the stories as the article mainly plays up the fact that he won an Olympic Gold Medal.

Ubermensch
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I still haven't figured out what this guy really has to do with MMA.

Warchief
03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
He should be investigate....and give him a right punishment (if he's guilty), being a roid user is totaly normal for a pro wrestlers, so im not shock in kurt's situation....it's nothing new.

Malice
03-07-2007, 06:25 PM

I am with ya.

DW
03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
he has nothing to do with mma, the only reason we have to keep hearing about him is because we have a buch of wwf fan boys on here who moonlight as mma fans.

anaya420
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Why do we care about a Fag "Fake" wrestler like Kurt Angle? that guy sucks..and Fake Wrestling Sucks balls too

Clint
03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
The reason this has to do with MMA is Angle keeps putting his name out there and talking about how he is going to fight in MMA.

gogoplata
03-07-2007, 10:05 PM
HAHA that b*tch finally got popped for using roids. i hope he shuts his fkn mouth about jumping into the cage now:wavesmile:

Dork8503
03-07-2007, 10:26 PM
i hope he gets in all kinds of trouble, then i hope they look into him winning the gold, then i hope someone beats his ass

Malice
03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
The reason this has to do with MMA is Angle keeps putting his name out there and talking about how he is going to fight in MMA.

Well damn I want to be in MMA too...if it wasn't for my separated shoulder I think I could beat Anderson Silva and GSP in the same night...but this damn shoulder probably will never let me try.

Ok make a thread about me.

NixHex
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Well damn I want to be in MMA too...if it wasn't for my separated shoulder I think I could beat Anderson Silva and GSP in the same night...but this damn shoulder probably will never let me try.

I'm on it!!! Angle is just a waste of time in MMA, they love him where he's at so let them chat em up on WWE message boards. He just talks shit about MMA cuz he knows he'll never have to prove anything, and he's just trying to hype WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if the MMA talk wasn't even his idea.

Matt Boone
03-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Kurt Angle responds to the allegations. Read his official statement here: http://www.mmanews.com/other/Kurt-Angle-Officially-Responds-To-S.I.-Steroid-Article.html

Clint
03-08-2007, 03:00 AM

You have to say it in an interview first :fingersmilie: Call up the radio or newspaper and then we'll be good.

Dork8503
03-08-2007, 04:30 AM
i was on the news with muhammad ali and said i wanted to fight does that count enough to get me my own thread LOL

BigBanda
03-09-2007, 12:38 AM
If anyone cares....

Kurt posted the following on his official website concerning his name being mentioned in the on-going steroid investigation in Florida:

The following is a statement from Kurt Angle regarding the recent Sports Illustrated media reports about the use by athletes of performance enhancing drugs obtained through the internet:

I did not improperly receive prescriptions. It is well documented that in my career I have broken vertebrae in my neck on five occasions and each time the course of treatment was under the care and supervision of my Doctors. Any attempt to link me to the athletes in the current news accounts who may have improperly sought performance-enhancing drugs is without foundation.

Dork8503
03-09-2007, 01:14 AM
i believe him just about as much as i believe he could beat chuck

Anthony
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Angle has roid belly.

Dork8503
03-09-2007, 08:31 AM
he also has roid brain, hes nuts

bradlee180
03-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Evander Holyfield mentioned in steroid investigation.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5821/holyfieldcomparewh8.png (http://imageshack.us)

Dan
08-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Angle is the best example of a guy who is happy to run his mouth, and has absolutely no intention of ever backing it up. He's all for show. And this allegation just proves it, Angle wants to look the part - have a big neck, huge thighs, massive biceps, ripped pecs and six-pack... FOR FAKE WRESTLING.

b1uef1ow
08-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Angle is the best example of a guy who is happy to run his mouth, and has absolutely no intention of ever backing it up. He's all for show. And this allegation just proves it, Angle wants to look the part - have a big neck, huge thighs, massive biceps, ripped pecs and six-pack... FOR FAKE WRESTLING.

Dan. This is a another +3 year old thread brought up by a spammer probably from spot. You've been had.

m1ckeykn0x
08-26-2010, 12:53 AM
...dude.

I was fooled too. I read the whole damn thread.

The entire time, all I could think about was "The People Under the Stairs."

Creepy.

10000+ posts?

That will never happen to me...ever?

Repenter
08-26-2010, 06:44 AM
huh. a spambot picked up an old leathery thread of an actual current event.

m1ckeykn0x
08-26-2010, 07:04 AM
huh. a spambot picked up an old leathery thread of an actual current event.

Next thing we know...

the machines will have taken over like terminator.

Dan
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Dan. This is a another +3 year old thread brought up by a spammer probably from spot. You've been had.

Haha DAMN!

Adambomb
08-26-2010, 04:50 PM

In MMA, yes he would. In wrestling Angle would dominate Koscheck just as badly.

willpunisher
08-26-2010, 06:25 PM
he used steroids and still managed to look like shit?
wow money well spent buddy!

xdevilhawk138x
08-26-2010, 09:47 PM
No wonder why Kurts wife left him Steroids made him have a small Penis

LethalStriker
10-04-2010, 12:43 AM
In MMA, yes he would. In wrestling Angle would dominate Koscheck just as badly.

The Angle of 2000 compared to Koscheck at his wrestling height would be a shoo in for Angle. But in the 10 years since then Angle has had multiple broken necks, pain addictions and hasn't competed on a high level in wrestling in a long time. I don't think Angle at this point in time even makes it to qualifiers for the Olympics.