PDA

View Full Version : Boxing's out of control?!?!?!

Luis Cruz
03-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Come on now. I really don't expect anyone to come here and argue this with me cause it would be foolish. But for those who are watching the Barrera/Marquez PPV, Hopkins 118-110 and 117-111 x2?!?!? Give me a freakin break! I don't think he won the fight let alone by that margin. Can it get any more obvious when corruption is involved in the judging?! Forbes fought his ass off and had the prefect plan he executed with Floyd in his corner and he gets an 'L' cause of some bullshit politics. Well i guess it's obvious Oscar is no different than Arum or King with the bullshit. If one judge was way off like that fine it happens, but all three?? Nah fuck that. Now i'm worried about the main event, can Marquez realistically win a decision??? I hope he knocks Barrera cold to take it out of the judge's hands. Shit like this really makes it hard for me to want to defend this once great sport that's seemingly shooting straight down. Matter of fact i hate Mayweather's attitude but if this whole night ends up being corrupt like this and obvious, i'll be rooting for him to destroy Oscar and as much as i don't like Winky i might root for him to dismantle Hopkins.

Steroids, politics, corruption, why are sports in general so fucked up anymore?? What happened to REAL athletes like Mickey Mantle, Sugar Ray Robinson, Dick Butkis, Joe Green, Carl Lewis, Jordan, Dr. J, etc.??? Today's sports are a complete disgrace compared to yesterday. Hell i might write an article on this sometime in the near future, not now because my emotions got control of me at this moment. :banghead:

Luis Cruz
03-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Oh yea and i believe i mentioned a while back that Hopkins was a bit overrated and he was good but wouldn't be great like Bernard or even close. Tonight it showed and Forbes isn't even that great a fighter himself. Yea everyone has bad nights but Hopkins had off nights before so i just don't see him being that great and when he faces a top fighter with some power he's done.

Afro
03-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Didnt you score the Taylor/Wright fight 116-112? or somethign like that?

Luis Cruz
03-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Didnt you score the Taylor/Wright fight 116-112? or somethign like that?

Not sure, i think i had the 1st fight 115-113 for Taylor, the 2nd fight i might have had that score. Don't try and say that's some crazy score because the 2nd fight was a lot more clear of a win than the 1st. I already know you're a Hopkins fan so don't let that cloud your judgement. If you're trying to say 118-110 and 117-111 x2 is even remotely close you're either not watching these fights or you need to start a Hopkins fan site. lol

Afro
03-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Not sure, i think i had the 1st fight 115-113 for Taylor, the 2nd fight i might have had that score. Don't try and say that's some crazy score because the 2nd fight was a lot more clear of a win than the 1st. I already know you're a Hopkins fan so don't let that cloud your judgement. If you're trying to say 118-110 and 117-111 x2 is even remotely close you're either not watching these fights or you need to start a Hopkins fan site. lol
What 2nd fight?

and why are you going crazy lol, I didnt even say I disagreed with you I just asked a question.. I only caught the last round so im holding judgement.. but I do remember asking you about your score and Matt's score for the Winky/Taylor fight and you both said it was because of close rounds, so why couldnt this fight of been for the same reason?

Luis Cruz
03-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Oh wait i thought you said Hopkins, my bad. The Winky fight, i thought too much credit was given to Winky for doing nothing and landing occassional jabs while Taylor stayed busy throughout the fight and threw punches, some of which went through Winky's guard. Just because Winky cried don't mean i'm changing my score. I went back and yea that was my score and i said a couple close rounds so 115-113 was ok too. A draw even a stretch but possible but Winky winning, no.

Ok i can't post and watch fights, too difficult. All i know is the main event better not be tainted. This Deleon fight is more than he anticipated also.

You'll see why the score made me nuts when/if you watch the full fight. It was complete bullshit and no one can seriously put up an argument for anything else. Manny said "i'm at a loss for words, i don't even know what to say with that score" as well as the other 3 (jim, larry, harold) having the same opinion. I'm telling you this was one of the worst scores i ever seen. Not Hopkins winning but by the margin the judges had it.

Afro
03-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Ok explain to me how RJJ can get DQ'd for an incidental late hit on Montell Griffin

But Marco Antonio Fuckin Barrera can throw one he INTENDED TO THROW and just get a deduction in points?

Luis Cruz
03-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Ok explain to me how RJJ can get DQ'd for an incidental late hit on Montell Griffin

But Marco Antonio Fuckin Barrera can throw one he INTENDED TO THROW and just get a deduction in points?

I believe that's the right ruling, a DQ. I was screaming why Barrera wasn't getting dq'd but deep down i didn't want him to. He actually sat there and thought about it for quite sometime then STILL threw it, that's complete bullshit. His glove hits, he's down end of story. Anyways as far as that round goes, i had it 10-8 for Marquez until he got dropped by one punch making it an even round. But then the point deduction for Barrera (rightfully so) makes it 10-9 on my card (had the ref done it right). I had a final score of 114-113 for Marquez so i would've had a draw 114-114 had that round been scored accurately. So with that i must say these judges def weren't paid off, the judges just fucking sucked! 118-110,116-111 x2 for Marquez?! Crazy! I thought he won but AGAIN the scores were ridiculous, but no means did he run away with it like that. But aside from that crap, great fucking fight! Awesome fight! It went as i expected even if it did happen 5 years ago as i hoped. Love these guys!

Afro
03-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Crappy score cards happen in both sports though, just ask Evans.. the Judges were just awful but then again its not easy at all to score boxing.. still they gotta do there job better.

Everyone I wanted to win, won but I gotta see that D-hop fight