PDA

View Full Version : Triangle Choke

supaflya3
03-20-2007, 03:50 AM
I know theres a few of them, I want to know how to lock it in, if anyone could some detailed info please help me.

Ubermensch
03-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Make a figure four with your legs around his neck with the bended leg under your opponents armpit. Kinda like an over under. You need to have their shoulder or arm pressed against their juggler vein in their neck. Now if it is not in tight use your back and his arm (the one that is over your leg next to the juggler and pull on that (directing it into place) while arching your back and clinching your figure four tight. Be sure you are hooking your other leg with your foot to get a better lock in also. This is the best way I can describe it Srife is better at explaining things than I. I just do them its kinda like when a baseball player catches a ball he doesn't think about the arch wind velocity etc etc he just catches it. Nothing is better than hands on coaching IMO because of the intangibles.

ls1nate
03-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Don't forget to pull the top of their head down. I like to keep the locked arm on the side of my torso so that other subs arise if the triangle is unsuccessful or not working (such as omoplata). This also keeps them from allowing their elbow to tuck in and block the choke.

Elbows to the dome definitely help to sink the choke.

Nate

Metalhead
03-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I'd say go learn Ju Jitsu.

strife
03-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I'd say go learn Ju Jitsu.

Very informative........

As far as "locking it in" is concerned, the main goal you want to do it make sure your hips aren't so high that he can pull his head out, I had this problem when I first started. You want to control their posture by pulling down on the top of their head and if they want to completely posture up it gives you a great opportunity to sweep. To really lock it in you want to grab to the inside part of your ankle (the part of your leg that is inside of the leg bent over your ankle that is essentially the "I" of the figure-4). This closes the gap and limits breathing room, now all you have to do is secure the arm either across his face or under his chin and across his neck (note: this is a much deeper choke), and SQUEEEEEEZE and trying to make your knees touch. Hope this helps.

Metalhead
03-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I seriously meant my go learn ju jitsu comment. Reading about does nothing compared to going in there and doing it.

strife
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I seriously meant my go learn ju jitsu comment. Reading about does nothing compared to going in there and doing it.

and I seriously meant my "very informative" comment.