PDA

View Full Version : Optimum training schedule

jake_us9
03-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Iíve have been training 4day weeks one week and 5 days the next at three most I get 2 consecutive days rest a week is this enough.??

Krellek
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Iíve have been training 4day weeks one week and 5 days the next at three most I get 2 consecutive days rest a week is this enough.??
I'd say that 2 days off a week is enough. you should probably not take them off at the same time of the week. like, train two days in a row, rest a day, then train three, rest... and so on.you don't wanna cut yourself short, but don't wanna wear yourself down either

lhuyner
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM
this thread is in the wrong category

Tyler4870
03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
this thread is in the wrong category

Whaaat? This is the Training/nutrition Forum right? And the thread is about training, right?

Ramma
03-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I'd say that 2 days off a week is enough. you should probably not take them off at the same time of the week. like, train two days in a row, rest a day, then train three, rest... and so on.you don't wanna cut yourself short, but don't wanna wear yourself down either

With that said, sometimes it is necessary to take 2 days in a row off. Sometimes the muscles just need it. It is good to take a 2 day break about once a month, maybe two months. Never 3 days (unless you are injuried of course), but 2 day breaks are necessary sometimes.

Tyler4870
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Sorry...I didn't realize that this thread was moved. I'll shut my fat mouth now. :banghead:

Alwaysbelieve1
03-26-2007, 01:39 AM
With that said, sometimes it is necessary to take 2 days in a row off. Sometimes the muscles just need it. It is good to take a 2 day break about once a month, maybe two months. Never 3 days (unless you are injuried of course), but 2 day breaks are necessary sometimes.

Never say never.

jimmy9183
03-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Itís hard to say mate with overtraining cos only you know how you feel if you know what I mean. Training, diet and preparation are very much interrelated and should be considered in totality. I know a good site www.winyourmmafight.com which gives a Blueprint That Reveals The 3 Keys To Successful Training, Diet And Preparation For Victory In An MMA Fight!
Hope this helps.