PDA

View Full Version : Andy lee- future prospect?

valheruking
03-23-2007, 03:27 AM
I've watched a few of his fights now and i have been impressed. Emmanuel stewart is caliming that he is not only a future world middleweight champ but a hall of famer. He often spars with wladimir klitschko and jonathan banks and both have good things to say about him.
He's currently 8-0 with 5 ko's, so its still early but he could be good.

Heres a clip from his latest fight with Carl Daniels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRhlNTtCXTo

Punk Ass
03-23-2007, 04:08 AM
I've watched a few of his fights now and i have been impressed. Emmanuel stewart is caliming that he is not only a future world middleweight champ but a hall of famer. He often spars with wladimir klitschko and jonathan banks and both have good things to say about him.
He's currently 8-0 with 5 ko's, so its still early but he could be good.

Very fast. Almost fights like a White Floyd Mayweather. Doesn't hurt to have Manny Steward training you either.

Anyways, we will see how good he is. He's only fought Bums so far and I don't see him stepping up to Taylor, Winky, or B Hop anytime soon, but definately has a chance from size alone.

billbrasky
03-23-2007, 05:18 AM
I really like this kid. Technically sound all around boxer with good pop as you saw by that video. Early candidate for Ko of the year. Manny steward has been talking about him for a while and I know Espn.com's boxing writer dan rafael is also very high on him.

Salvy_Mic
03-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Very fast. Almost fights like a White Floyd Mayweather. Doesn't hurt to have Manny Steward training you either.

Anyways, we will see how good he is. He's only fought Bums so far and I don't see him stepping up to Taylor, Winky, or B Hop anytime soon, but definately has a chance from size alone.
Carl Daniels is no bum, he's a former champion with something like a 40+ wins against less than 10 loss record, and Lee knocked him out in 3 rounds with a beautiful right hook to the chin. This kid fights like a smaller southpaw version of Wlad Klitschko, and he's a technically excellent fighter to watch. Guys don't face former champions in their 8th fights. Lee is definitely one to watch for the future.

Punk Ass
03-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Carl Daniels is no bum, he's a former champion with something like a 40+ wins against less than 10 loss record, and Lee knocked him out in 3 rounds with a beautiful right hook to the chin. This kid fights like a smaller southpaw version of Wlad Klitschko, and he's a technically excellent fighter to watch. Guys don't face former champions in their 8th fights. Lee is definitely one to watch for the future.

My dude, if Carl is not a one of the bottom feeders of his division then I don't know what is. He lost 6 fights in a row before he fought Andy and has never won a legit title. He lost every title fight he's had except for the USBA title and we all know thats paper. BTW he has 11 loses and is farrrrrrr from top 10 in his division.

Salvy_Mic
03-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Okay, so he's in a bit of a slump.....*note sarcasm and grudging accedance of harlemhustla's correctness on said topic* Either way, it's a good win for Lee, we can't expect him to start fighting the Eastmans and Gibbs yet.