PDA

View Full Version : Creating a super-league

icecount8
03-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I am hoping the rumors of the UFC's purchase of PRIDE Fighting Championship is true, here is why. Combining the 2 MMA companies will create a superior class of fighter, and it will create a filter so to speak, what i mean by this, is that a collection of the most amazing talent will but poured into one ring and the fighters who truely are the best will rise to the top, while the guys who have just simply "hung on" will no longer be able to "hang".
This is not only the best way to show the world who the best are, but it will make guys who are good, even better, and it will make the fights truely explosive. These guys will realize they now have to fight the best or they will be forgotten in a mass of super fighters.
Imagine a single fight card like this: fight 1 (Michael Bisping vs. Keith Jardine) fight 2 (B.J. Penn vs. Jens Pulver) fight 3 (Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson) fight 4 (Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans) fight 5 (Mirko Cro Cop vs. Fedor Emelianenko) fight 6 (Chuck Liddell vs. Shogun Rua) WOW! Of course i realize it's nearly impossible to organize a card like this but i'm saying at least then it would be possible. I am crossing my fingers.