PDA

View Full Version : New Member Introductions?

Noob
03-25-2007, 04:00 AM
What does everyone think about having some method for new members to introduce themselves? Maybe just a thread, though I doubt the noobies would think to search for it and post to it. Maybe a section, so each new person can start an introductioin thread for themselves? Just a thought.

http://www.showcase-swr.ca/storypics/thought.jpg

neonatural45
03-25-2007, 04:13 AM
What does everyone think about having some method for new members to introduce themselves? Maybe just a thread, though I doubt the noobies would think to search for it and post to it. Maybe a section, so each new person can start an introductioin thread for themselves? Just a thought.

i agree. It isnt worth a whole thread becuase they mainly all say the same stuff followed by the same replys

valheruking
03-25-2007, 05:23 AM
If it is a seperate section the description of the section should encourage people to introduce themselves and some additional info like what got them into mma,who their favourite fighters/matches are, so the people that reply have something to talk about,
I see a lot of forums where the introduction section is "hi im new"-"welcome" over and over again, at least if they're encouraged to say a bit about themselves you can respond like "yeah you gotta love fedor" or "Sylvia was robbed? thats interesting".

Noob
03-25-2007, 07:31 AM
If it is a seperate section the description of the section should encourage people to introduce themselves and some additional info like what got them into mma,who their favourite fighters/matches are, so the people that reply have something to talk about,
I see a lot of forums where the introduction section is "hi im new"-"welcome" over and over again, at least if they're encouraged to say a bit about themselves you can respond like "yeah you gotta love fedor" or "Sylvia was robbed? thats interesting".

That's a good idea.

I think I'd more support a separate section for it, considering a thread would be lost as it passed off of the front page. Unless we sticky it or something. Either way, I think we should make sure it's accessible for new members, otherwise the whole idea is useless.

Palma
03-25-2007, 08:27 AM

We don't need you perving out on all then new people and the last thing we should do is round them up and hand them over to you. Pervert!!!

Noob
03-25-2007, 08:54 AM
We don't need you perving out on all then new people and the last thing we should do is round them up and hand them over to you. Pervert!!!

http://www.johnjudy.net/blog/wp-content/pervert.jpg

AudieMurphy1
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
That's a good idea.

I think I'd more support a separate section for it, considering a thread would be lost as it passed off of the front page. Unless we sticky it or something. Either way, I think we should make sure it's accessible for new members, otherwise the whole idea is useless.

there use to be a welcome thread, it was rarely used