PDA

View Full Version : negatives of dairy?

djpowers33
03-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Randy Couture, said that he contributes his longevity in the sport to not drinking/smoknig or eating dairy (from a pre ufc 68 interview I believe). The first two are pretty obvious to me why they would be bad but 'not eating dairy'? I tried to do a google search about it and wasn't really satisified at what I found. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Clint
03-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Alot of people have trouble with dairy. I am one of them, I'm not lactose intolerant per se but I am mildly allergic to dairy, so I feel shitty when I drink much milk. So that is one problem.

The other problem is that Milk actually has a pretty high insulin response, which is bad.

djpowers33
03-27-2007, 02:16 AM
thanks Clint

thinking about this earlier conjured up an image of Arnold from pumping iron, "milk is for babies" (lol) I guess he was right, in a way

Hypergit
03-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Babies do a lot of growing though. The anabolic properties of dairy simply can't be denied.

Legend
03-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Babies do a lot of growing though. The anabolic properties of dairy simply can't be denied.

Please elaborate on this Git.

Hypergit
03-27-2007, 02:51 AM
I just know because my grandparents kept telling me how fast I was growing when I was younger.

kickbox
03-27-2007, 03:52 AM
Randy Couture, said that he contributes his longevity in the sport to not drinking/smoknig or eating dairy (from a pre ufc 68 interview I believe). The first two are pretty obvious to me why they would be bad but 'not eating dairy'? I tried to do a google search about it and wasn't really satisified at what I found. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

gives you diaria??

strife
03-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I couldn't feasably see how someone could stay healthy without dairy, don't think it's possible honestly.

Metalhead
03-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Is whey protien not dairy? I thought it came from milk.

Clint
03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Is whey protien not dairy? I thought it came from milk.
Whey is made from milk but it has been isolated out.

Also different forms of dairy have different values: Yogurt is good for you (as long as it is not packed full of sugar), Cheese can go either way, Milk is bad unless you are bulking (although I like the Hood Carb Countdown Milk, it has much fewer sugars), etc

Clint
03-28-2007, 04:46 AM
:confusedsmilie: :confusedsmilie: Is Tit milk any better than store boughT?
Actually it would be. If you think about it we were never really meant to drink cows milk. How you obtain it though is up to you.

Ubermensch
03-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Actually if you want to get the full benefits from a milk. You should drink goats milk because it is the only other milk other than human that is naturally homogenized. Therefore our ability to break it down into simple proteins is more efficient.