PDA

View Full Version : UFC vs. Pride

Bran
07-10-2006, 01:02 AM
i was just thinking(even though i'm sure every mma fan thought of it before) how great it would be to have a UFC vs. Pride PPV similar to the USA vs. Canada one. 9 UFC guys, 9 Pride guys, goin' at it. i only know a few people from pride like wandy, fedor, crocop and coleman, so i'm lookin to you guys to come up with the perfect card. i'm lookin for as close to even match ups as possible, so no Branden Lee Hinckle vs. CroCop or anything like that. so yeah, have at it.

Kimuras"R"Us
07-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Some matches I'd like to see on this card:

Wand Vs. Liddell (I couldn't be more pumped this is actually happening)

Crocop Vs. Vera

Arlovski Vs. Minotauro

Franklin Vs. Hendo

Mark Hunt Vs. Tim Syivia (Silvia would get worked)

Hughes vs. one of the Ruas (catchweight around 180 - 185)

Tito Vs whatever Rua doesn't fight Hughes

And in the Main Event, Fedor would get fed to the lions:

Fedor Vs. Jason Thacker

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 04:17 AM
AA vs. Crocop
Fedor vs. Sylvia
Paul Buentello vs. Aleksander(fedor's brother.I can't spell there last name)
Mir vs. Nog.
Babalu vs. lil' Nog
Chuck vs. Wand(thank god this fight is really going to happen)
Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson
Phil Baroni vs. Chris Leben(since they've had a prior altercation at a night club)
and a legends match
Coleman vs. Shamrock.
extra fights
Bustamente vs. Tanner
Sherk vs. Gomi
Hayato Sakurai vs. Spencer Fisher.

BTW Kimuras I surprized you'd give Fedor such a tough opponent.I mean how could you stick him in the ring with that animal?

NinjaShogunRua
07-10-2006, 04:39 AM
Fedor vs Sylvia
Wand vs Chuck
Lil Nog vs Tito
Cro Cop vs AA
Shogun vs Babalu II
Hendo vs Franklin
Gomi vs Sherk
Filho vs Hughes (catchweight)
Nog vs Monson

MMAKIng
07-10-2006, 08:54 AM
tito vs. shogun
wandy vs. chuck(ahh yea its going down!)
arlovski vs cro cop
tim sylvia vs fedor
gomi vs hughes
franklin vs dan henderson
forrest vs ninja
bisping vs arona

Kimuras"R"Us
07-10-2006, 11:58 AM
BTW Kimuras I surprized you'd give Fedor such a tough opponent.I mean how could you stick him in the ring with that animal?

Thacker reads this board... and he knows that whenever we talk about "best P4P" that we're actually debating #2 best since he's clearly the baddest man on the planet. Fedor's been begging to train with Thacker so he could become a better overall fighter... So much so that Thacker got so annoyed he challenged Fedor, at which point Fedor began crying and wet himself.

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Thacker reads this board... and he knows that whenever we talk about "best P4P" that we're actually debating #2 best since he's clearly the baddest man on the planet. Fedor's been begging to train with Thacker so he could become a better overall fighter... So much so that Thacker got so annoyed he challenged Fedor, at which point Fedor began crying and wet himself.
lol.

Kemo
07-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Well if this Thacker guys is as badass as you say, then there can only be one truly formidable opponent for him.

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/artd/amg/music/bio/3541200_cn_200x200.jpg
Bring the pain.

killerinstinct
07-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Chuck Norris would beat up any MMA guy.If Jesus walks on water than Chuck Norris walks on Jesus.

nickolar
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Crocop Vs. Vera

Wait... But i think it's too early for Vera. I am a fan of him and I think he has potential to beat Crocop in someday. But not now, If he fought Crocop now and he lost, maybe he will lose all of his confidence.

But maybe I might wrong, sometime a lost make better warrior...!

big hogg
07-10-2006, 06:02 PM
It looks like they might be doing a UFC vs PRIDE with fujita wand and baroni all saying they fighting in november.

Wand-chuck

Cro cop-arlovski

fujita-monson

Baroni-anderson sylvia

Gomi-hughes

fedor-sylvia

Franklin - ninja

shogun- tito

this card would out sell any MMa ppv to date.

killerinstinct
07-18-2006, 10:59 AM

Wand Vs. Liddell (I couldn't be more pumped this is actually happening)

Crocop Vs. Vera

Arlovski Vs. Minotauro

Franklin Vs. Hendo

Mark Hunt Vs. Tim Syivia (Silvia would get worked)

Hughes vs. one of the Ruas (catchweight around 180 - 185)

Tito Vs whatever Rua doesn't fight Hughes

And in the Main Event, Fedor would get fed to the lions:

Fedor Vs. Jason Thacker
I think a more even match for Thacker would be Jason Thacker vs. God.He's that good.

WandAXE
07-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Fedor vs Sylvia
Wand vs Chuck
Lil Nog vs Tito
Cro Cop vs AA
Shogun vs Babalu II
Hendo vs Franklin
Gomi vs Sherk
Nog vs Monson
This ones cool , looks like the only UFC fighters that have a chance would be Hughes or Sobral.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Fedor vs Sylvia
Wand vs Chuck
Lil Nog vs Tito
Cro Cop vs AA
Shogun vs Babalu II
Hendo vs Franklin
Gomi vs Sherk
Nog vs Monson

GOOD CARD ESPECIALLY NOG VS MONSON THAT WOULD BE FUN TO WATCH.... AND GOMI SHERK WOULD BE COOL BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE GOMI PULVER AGAIN I THIKN JENS CAN DO BETTER 2ND TIME AROUND

NinjaShogunRua
07-19-2006, 06:34 PM
GOOD CARD ESPECIALLY NOG VS MONSON THAT WOULD BE FUN TO WATCH.... AND GOMI SHERK WOULD BE COOL BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE GOMI PULVER AGAIN I THIKN JENS CAN DO BETTER 2ND TIME AROUND

I'd love to see a Gomi/Pulver rematch as well. I'm not a big Gomi fan at all and would love to see Jens beat him. I still think Gomi would take him though, he's too strong from Jens IMO.

I was gonna put Pulver vs Hansen on the list, but Pulver just barely left Pride. So it wouldn't be as much of a Pride/UFC match.

WandAXE
07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I am sorry if you knew anything Nog would tap Monson out in a heartbeat.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I am sorry if you knew anything Nog would tap Monson out in a heartbeat.

OK SURE... MONSON IS A 2 OR 3 TIME ABU DABI GRAPPILING CHAMP!! GIVE HIM MORE RESPECT! THATS THE MOST ELLITE GRAPPILING COMPITITION AROUND!!!

killerinstinct
07-20-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm going to have to agree with WandAXE.Nog is the 2nd greatest HW in the world and Monson isn't in the top 5.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm going to have to agree with WandAXE.Nog is the 2nd greatest HW in the world and Monson isn't in the top 5.

YEAH BUT THATS IN OVER ALL MMA... BUT IM SORRY ITS GOING TO TAKE NOG ALOT OF WORK TO TAP A GRAPPELER THE CALLIBER OF MONSON