PDA

View Full Version : Boxing finally makes the right decision!

Afro
04-05-2007, 06:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2826237

Sam Peters gets his title shot, and soon Boxing will have there dominate HW fighter.

Dork8503
04-05-2007, 06:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2826237

Sam Peters gets his title shot, and soon Boxing will have there dominate HW fighter.

Im happy to see that he is getting his shot finally but sorry to see it so short lived. Vitali is going to knock him out.
I know this is going to stir some shit with you Afro because you really like Peter, i just dont think he is good enough to reign supreme. Vitali is going to beat him. Wlad has a weak chin, Vitali dont. He can beat one of the brothers just not both.

Afro
04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Im happy to see that he is getting his shot finally but sorry to see it so short lived. Vitali is going to knock him out.
I know this is going to stir some shit with you Afro because you really like Peter, i just dont think he is good enough to reign supreme. Vitali is going to beat him. Wlad has a weak chin, Vitali dont. He can beat one of the brothers just not both.
Sam is a better boxer then Vitali, Vitali may not have a weak chin but Sam is just simply put a better boxer then Vital is and hes not gonna knock Peters out

Vitali is 36 years old, Sam Peters is young, hes fast, hes powerful, hes a better boxer then Vitali who has only a 3' reach advantage comin into the fight.. hes just too old for Peters, whos a monster plain and simple.. you dont outbox James Toney twice like its nothin, Toney was one of the best finese boxers of the decade and Sam Peters outboxed him TWICE.

Shannon Briggs and James Toney will be the two top dogs of the HW division, Wlad will get beat by Peters, Vitali will get outboxed, Vuloev and Maskeov are 2nd tier so they dont matter.

Dork8503
04-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Sam is a better boxer then Vitali, Vitali may not have a weak chin but Sam is just simply put a better boxer then Vital is and hes not gonna knock Peters out

Im not saying Vitali is the better boxer, im just saying he is going to lose. Wlad rocked peter and could have finished him but didnt because of fear of being knocked out. Vitali has more power then wlad and will put the stamp on peter.

Dork8503
04-05-2007, 07:05 AM
The only hard puncher i have seen Peters in against had him wobbling like a dash board dog.

Afro
04-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Im not saying Vitali is the better boxer, im just saying he is going to lose. Wlad rocked peter and could have finished him but didnt because of fear of being knocked out. Vitali has more power then wlad and will put the stamp on peter.
Wlad has more power then a 36 year old Vitali, Wlad has knocked out better boxers, stronger chins

and James Toney has power, what happened there?

Salvy_Mic
04-05-2007, 07:44 AM
This makes me very happy, it really does. I've pulling for Peter ever since he took the first fight with Toney and he's really the best HW around not named Wladimir Klitschko. Peter ought to beat Maskaev, he'll be hungry and angry enough to do it. And I think he beats Vitali, he's too young and too strong, and again too hungry. If all goes right, we could very well be set up for a Samuel Peter/Wladimir Klitschko showdown sometime next year, perhaps for at least 3 of 4 of the major titles. But yeah, the WBC finally did something right, and for that, I'm glad.

Dork8503
04-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Wlad has more power then a 36 year old Vitali, Wlad has knocked out better boxers, stronger chins

and James Toney has power, what happened there?

I never thought James had enough power to knock anyone out at heavyweight.

This is somthing we will never agree on lol. This is somthing that we are going to have to wait until the fight happens.

I respect your opinion and dont think you are wrong, i just believe in mine more lol.

Afro
04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I never thought James had enough power to knock anyone out at heavyweight.

This is somthing we will never agree on lol. This is somthing that we are going to have to wait until the fight happens.

I respect your opinion and dont think you are wrong, i just believe in mine more lol.
Toney had 43 KOs, alot came outside of the HW division and he has more power at HW.

Punk Ass
04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Toney had 43 KOs, alot came outside of the HW division and he has more power at HW.

I'm going to have to agree with dork on this. The only fighter Toney Koed in the HWs was Holyfield and that wasn't from one punch. He just beat the man to death until he collapsed.

The only way I see Vitali losing is from ring rust. Peter is good but doesn't have the head movement to avoid those bombs Vitali throws. Vitali is simular to CroCop how he just systematically breaks fighters down, and I wouldn't say Peter is a better boxer either. He learned alot from his fights with Toney and even though I think Toney did lose twice, it wasn't because Peter was a better boxer. It was because Toney just couldn't carry his power into the HW division. HWs just have too big of skulls to be KOed by Toney. With some of those punches Toney landed on Peter any lower weight classed fighter would have dropped. Toney landed whenever he felt like it, it's just Peter was too big for him. Remember, Toney used to be a MW and is the most successful fighter to ever come from MW to HW. Mike Spinks and Bob Foster have tryed and they were both were not successful (and they accually were LHWs not MWs) so you see how crazy this is.

With that said, I'm going to say Peter by UD because of Vitali's ring rust and the fact that Peter learned a lot from his fights with James Toney. Vitali in the rematch BY ko in the 5th.

Luis Cruz
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
FINALLY!

I agree if Vitali has Peter as his first fight, he's not winning. I'd probably pick Petr either way but easier if Vitali takes that as his first fight back. Peter was rocked by Wlad in the 11th round when he was COMPLETELY gassed, he was running on an empty tank and steam and Wlad STILL couldn't finish him or drop him for that matter unless my memory has forsaken me, and he did somewhat try.

This is a way better Peter than the one who fought Wlad. I guarentee he's learned a lot from his two fights with Toney and he won't face a more slick boxer than that. If he fights that way with patience and good defense, not only will he outlast both Klits he'll beat both. I called long long ago that Peter will rule the HW division and this is the start.

Dork8503
04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
FINALLY!

I agree if Vitali has Peter as his first fight, he's not winning. I'd probably pick Petr either way but easier if Vitali takes that as his first fight back. Peter was rocked by Wlad in the 11th round when he was COMPLETELY gassed, he was running on an empty tank and steam and Wlad STILL couldn't finish him or drop him for that matter unless my memory has forsaken me, and he did somewhat try.

This is a way better Peter than the one who fought Wlad. I guarentee he's learned a lot from his two fights with Toney and he won't face a more slick boxer than that. If he fights that way with patience and good defense, not only will he outlast both Klits he'll beat both. I called long long ago that Peter will rule the HW division and this is the start.

Peter is good, but you guys are making him out to be like he is the next tyson. Vitali needs to fight someone before the Peters fight so he can get that rust off. Vitali isnt going to gas in a 12 round fight. Who says Peters can even go a full 12 rounds with a non rusty Vitali, somthing i dont think he can do. He went 12 rounds with Toney but face it, toney dont hit like vitali. When Vitali nails peters he will feel it alot more, and rounds go on he will be drained and get ko'ed. Peters can beat wlad because his chin is questionable, but he isnt going to beat Vitali. Like i said i guess we will see when they fight, because until then its just going to go back an fourth. Plus i cant wait for Peters to fight someone again who has alot of power like wlad. Toney just didnt have that kind of power. Wlad beat Peters convincingly. Peter had the power to knock wlad down on his ass but wasnt good enough to keep him there. Wlad just go back up and out boxed peters. Yes peters has got better but so has wlad. Peters isnt punching any harder then he was in their first fight, so i really dont see peters beating wlad. I like peters but i just dont see where everyone is coming from how he is this great monster. Wlad beat him, will beat him again. Now its Vitalis turn to beat him. There is no shame in losing to the 2 best hw's in the world.