PDA

View Full Version : Manny Paquaio vs Jorge Solis

Warchief
04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Pacman is back, he will fight this month of april and this time he will face jorge solis an undifeated fighter from mexico...and then jorge arce will face cristian mejares in undercard fights....any thoughts about this?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/warchief2007/3_8_2007_Arce_MijaresSAPC70308_001a.jpg

Punk Ass
04-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Never seen Solis fight but I would assume Pacman by KO rd 3.

Warchief
04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I dont know but i hope...solis is the early version of manny years ago, unknown fighter and hungry.. and solis is a much taller fighter than manny solis is about 5'10 with 32 and 0 record, unlike manny he is only 5'6 with a bit disturb for poliltics...he will run as a congressman in manila.

Afro
04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Sohs is undefeated, but a lot dont have him in the Top 5 among featherweights.. Pacman wins this

Salvy_Mic
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I'd say Pacquiao wins the fight in about 7-8 rounds, by referee stoppage. Even still, he needs to fight hard anyway, lest he suffer from Lennox Lewis syndrome and gets upset.

And for the record, Cristian Mijares is Mexican, defending the title against Jorge Arce. I'm picking Arce by late round KO or TKO, but Mijares is no joke. I'll take Viloria over Sosa by decision to claim the vacant jr. flyweight belt, and Chavez Jr. will dump some chump as always.

Hmm, if you think about it, this is a very good card.

Warchief
04-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd say Pacquiao wins the fight in about 7-8 rounds, by referee stoppage.
You are 100% right, but not ref stoppage thou...but still, you are correct.

Punk Ass
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Nice prediction Salvy

Salvy_Mic
04-15-2007, 06:21 PM
*pats self on back jokingly* Ah well, every once in a while I'm pretty dead on. Other than that, I was completely off-base with the Arce/Mijares fight, I don't think anyone expected Mijares to completely clown Arce, who's a little badass.
I believe his next fight will be a mandatory defense against Martin Castillo (no relation to JLC), another similar boxer-puncher like Mijares.

Well, what's next for Pacquiao, what with the cold war brewing between Top Rank and Golden Boy. Most of the significant fighters Pacquiao can fight (Marquez, Barrera, and Guzman) are all controlled by Golden Boy, and are all obligated with other fights anyway (Marquez and Barrera will rematch, Guzman's moving up to face Michael Katsidis for the interim WBO interim title). I suppose the only other big fight around is against fellow slugger Edwin Valero, the WBA titlist. I myself would prefer to see Pacquiao/Marquez, but I'll settle for Pacquiao/Valero if it comes down to it.

As for Solis, he'll be back. He's a good young fighter and fighting Pacquiao is a good experience for him. He shouldn't have any trouble finding meaningful fights down at featherweight.