PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Fights

Afro
04-06-2007, 03:17 PM
April 7, 2007
Joe Calzaghe vs. Peter Manfredo Jr (IBF and WBO Super Middleweight Championships)

Diego Corrales vs. Joshua Clottey (welterweights)

April 14, 2007
Manny Pacquiao vs. Jorge Solis (WBC International Super Featherweight Championship)

Nikolay Valuev vs. Ruslan Chagaev (WBA Heavyweight Championship)

May 5, 2007
Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather (WBC Super Welterweight Championship) - Fight of the year

May 19, 2007
Jermain Taylor vs. Cory Spinks (WBC and WBO Middleweight Championships)

June 2, 2007
Shannon Briggs vs. Sultan Ibragimov (WBO Heavyweight Championship

June 9, 2007
Miguel Cotto vs. Zab Judah (WBA Welterweight Championship)

June 23, 2007
Ricky Hatton vs. Jose Luis Castillo (IBO Light Welterweight Championship)

Clinton Woods vs. Julio Gonzalez (IBF Light Heavyweight Championship)

July 21, 2007
Bernard Hopkins vs. Winky Wright (middleweights)

Salvy_Mic
04-06-2007, 05:30 PM
You really think Oscar/Mayweather is gonna be FOTY? It's definitely the sexiest fight of the year, but the one that will most likely be FOTY is gonna be Hatton/Castillo. That has war written all over it.

Afro
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
with all the hype and bad blood surrounding DLH/PBF.. ya I think it will be fight of the year

stylistically eveyone thinks itll be a boring fight, I dont.. I think its gonna be one of those momentum changings every other round fights with a lot of punches thrown, and itll come down to the 10th, 11th, and 12th rounds to decide the winner.

Dork8503
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
with all the hype and bad blood surrounding DLH/PBF.. ya I think it will be fight of the year

stylistically eveyone thinks itll be a boring fight, I dont.. I think its gonna be one of those momentum changings every other round fights with a lot of punches thrown, and itll come down to the 10th, 11th, and 12th rounds to decide the winner.

Have to agree with you, i think this will end up being fight of the year. Yeah and oscar is going to win lol.

Punk Ass
04-07-2007, 12:04 AM

I would have to disagree. I think PBF is going to run run run his ass off and DLH is going to have to chase him all fight which is one of the reasons PBF will lose, because DLH has enough skills to hit him and put pressure on him while he is doing it.

Think about it, PBF ran from Baldomir, WTF would he stand in front of DLH for, and DLH aint Baldomir, he's 10 times worse. Will not be fight of the year, but won't be boring either.

Afro
04-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Baldmoir is a diff style then DLH though

DLH and PBF are the same style, there outside fighters

we'll see though, I still got PBF winning because of his speed, and overall I think hes a better boxer then DLH at this point.. DLH isnt active enough.

Punk Ass
04-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Baldmoir is a diff style then DLH though

DLH and PBF are the same style, there outside fighters

we'll see though, I still got PBF winning because of his speed, and overall I think hes a better boxer then DLH at this point.. DLH isnt active enough.

Damn right Baldomir has a different style. It's called slow, machanical, ploding, and one dimensional. He's just known as a work horse who can out work a good boxer who hasn't come prepared (Zab.) Or obviously KO a smaller fighter who physically can't seem to move his chin (Gotti.)

After DLH lost to Tito (he really beat Tito), he swore to never run again. Styles make fights and trust me DLH is going to try to come inside and knock PBF's block off. Look at his fights with Ike Quartey, Vargas, Mayorga, ect. He fought them dudes, no backing up and shit, the only difference is he is a great boxer and Olympic Gold Medalist I may add (not to mention very very pissed at PBF) :confusedsmilie:

Salvy_Mic
04-07-2007, 01:11 AM
And the track record shows, when people talk a lot of shit about de la Hoya, he either knocks them out (Vargas, Mayorga) or thoroughly embarasses them in a lopsided decision (Camacho). I really hope Oscar wins, I absolutely can't stand Mayweather and Oscar's my favorite boxer.

Afro
04-07-2007, 03:15 AM
BHop didnt talk shit about DLH? that would be a first

We'll see though im still taking PBF even though I hate him.

Luis Cruz
04-07-2007, 03:43 PM
April 7, 2007
Joe Calzaghe vs. Peter Manfredo Jr (IBF and WBO Super Middleweight Championships)

Diego Corrales vs. Joshua Clottey (welterweights)

April 14, 2007
Manny Pacquiao vs. Jorge Solis (WBC International Super Featherweight Championship)

Nikolay Valuev vs. Ruslan Chagaev (WBA Heavyweight Championship)

May 5, 2007
Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather (WBC Super Welterweight Championship) - Fight of the year

May 19, 2007
Jermain Taylor vs. Cory Spinks (WBC and WBO Middleweight Championships)

June 2, 2007
Shannon Briggs vs. Sultan Ibragimov (WBO Heavyweight Championship

June 9, 2007
Miguel Cotto vs. Zab Judah (WBA Welterweight Championship)

June 23, 2007
Ricky Hatton vs. Jose Luis Castillo (IBO Light Welterweight Championship)

Clinton Woods vs. Julio Gonzalez (IBF Light Heavyweight Championship)

July 21, 2007
Bernard Hopkins vs. Winky Wright (middleweights)

I knew this would turn into a DLH/FLoyd thread. lol

There's some decent fights. I'm interested in seeing Diego at 147 but i think thats too much. He gets hit way too often and he'll lose some power jumping two weight classes now. I think he'll still win this fight but when he starts taking on the bigger boys he's going lose so i don't see him holding any of the 3 major titles.

Pac will have another impressive victory. Not worth the $45 on PPV even with the undercard.

I'm sick of Valuev already but he'll win this fight too. One of the Klitschkos should be next for him so he should be losing that title shortly.

Oscar could win since it's at 154lbs and he has a brutal left hook which is Mayweather's weakness (usually with southpaws and Oscar is conventional which makes it even worse for Floyd cause he won't see it coming). At 147 i think it's even closer but at 154 i'm leaning with Oscar. I too can't stand Floyd.

Taylor will blow Spinks away and he needs to fight the guys i mentioned in the other thread.

Briggs could and should lose this title defense. If he gets by it, he'll lose when he faces another top HW, any of them. He gasses too much and too quick.

Judah fights on FNF to make this Cotto fight happen and he has trouble getting up for fights like that. I expect him to win but with him who knows. If it does happen, i expect Cotto to break his body and help him gas faster than he already does. After the 5th round i expect Cotto to run away with it and possibly even stop him around the 9th or 10th round. In the early rounds though it's a very dangerous fight for Cotto so he better not get reckless because Judah can pop.

Hatton/Castillo is a fight i see as FOTY. Their styles will make that happen. They both looked like shit in their last fights to set this one up but i think that was nerves because they knew what was on the line. This will be a war, no doubt. I think if Castillo was younger he'd take it easily and i still think he has a great shot if he works his body good. But Hatton is younger and more fresh so i think he'll outlast Castillo and take it in the distance.

Woods and Gonzalez is a rematch i really don't care to see again. Might be entertaining but it will be Woods outboxing him in the long run again.

Hopkins vs Wright could be great or a defensive chessmatch. I think Hopkins takes him to school. This will be the fight that my calling Winky overrated is proven correct (much like the Hopkins/Tarver fight) or this will be the fight where Winky shows me he truly is a pound for pound great. I'm leaning with me being right on this one plus i'm not a fan so it's a little bias me thinking i'll be right. :grinsmile1:

Hypergit
04-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Hatton is younger and more fresh so i think he'll outlast Castillo and take it in the distance.

What made you change your mind? You've confidently predicted a win for Castillo twice - once before and once after their last fights.

Luis Cruz
04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
What made you change your mind? You've confidently predicted a win for Castillo twice - once before and once after their last fights.

I'm rooting for him and i do hope he wins and he can win but i think those wars are going to catch up sometime and this could be it. I still think Hatton is overrated but he might be catching Castillo at a good time like he did with Tszyu. I hope i'm wrong.

Salvy_Mic
04-07-2007, 10:06 PM
BHop didnt talk shit about DLH? that would be a first

We'll see though im still taking PBF even though I hate him.

Honestly, I don't remember if Hopkins talked shit about de la Hoya, which means if he did, it was just the normal pre-fight banter, nothing to the extent of Vargas, Mayorga, or Mayweather. Obviously, the shit-talking didn't affect Oscar's decision to sign Hopkins on as a Golden Boy managing partner.

Speaking of shit-talking, I hear Vargas and Mayorga are gonna fight each other by the end of this year, I think summer or early fall. Now, the fight should be interesting, but the pre-fight stuff will be solid gold. Mayorga got under Oscar's skin, but Oscar was able to control it. He will visibly get under Vargas' skin, and Vargas' paranoid, macho ass will show it. I predict no fewer than 2 pre-fight scuffles.

Luis Cruz
04-08-2007, 04:03 AM
There's some decent fights. I'm interested in seeing Diego at 147 but i think thats too much. He gets hit way too often and he'll lose some power jumping two weight classes now. I think he'll still win this fight but when he starts taking on the bigger boys he's going lose so i don't see him holding any of the 3 major titles.

That's what i wrote earlier. Looks like i was right on with Diego at 147, hit way too much. He's a warrior but he's not doing anything at 147. He better go to 140 where he belongs or hang it up. Too many wars and he'll pay later in life.

I was wrong thinking he could pull this off though! Clottey was to much for him, i thought he was done early but he survived and came back a little so kudos to Diego for that.

Salvy_Mic
04-08-2007, 06:06 AM
I think Corrales needs to go down to 140, and fight Castillo again if Castillo loses to Hatton in June. They need to finish their business in a rubber match. The winner stays in title contention. The loser will most likely be persuaded to retire. I can't believe he's already lost 3 fights in a row, but then again, it's not easy fighting guys like Jose Luis Castillo, Joel Casamayor, and Joshua Clottey all in a row....he's lost all three fights to guys with the initials of J.C....I just realized that right now.

And watching the Calzaghe/Manfredo fight, the fight was stopped a little too early, but Calzaghe probably would have forced a stoppage another minute later. I know Manfredo was bitching about the stoppage, but he should have thrown punches in that round and fought back if he didn't want the ref to step in. Not a good showing for him, and it doesn't let Calzaghe truly shine. Now, more than ever, him and Kessler need to fight before they do anything else. If not each other, than either one of them need to fight Jermain Taylor next, if he decides to move up. But I would prefer Calzaghe/Kessler to determine the real No.1 at Super Middleweight and to unify the titles.