PDA

View Full Version : tuf 5 discussion

AudieMurphy1
04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm suprised theres not more discussion regard the new season of tuf, not only did i find the first episode highly entertaining but I also thought the fight was pretty good for the first round of a tuf show.

what did ya'll think?

cant hit bombz
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
looks like there is going to be a ton of drama this year. the best part of the whole show was when they were picking teams. Dana " just pick one f$cking guy" lol

Kimuras"R"Us
04-07-2007, 12:28 AM
There was a complete nervous breakdown, a clinically insane black man, and a Diaz brother. Yeah I'd say this season is going to be enjoyable.

In all sincerity though I think this season is going to be great with the LWs all appearing mentally unstable and the Penn / Pulver dynamic.

Afro
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Great season so far

Corey Hill may be a loud mouth that talks a lot of trash.. but when is that ever boring?

Nate Diaz is just like his brother, cant go wrong there

you got your sensitive types that are gonna overreact to guys like Hill, Diaz, etc

you got your cocky attitude in Cole Miller

Penn and Pulver have bad blood, there competitive

Great season it will be.

Steve88
04-07-2007, 12:56 AM
im pumped to see nate tear someone apart.

TriangleChoke
04-07-2007, 04:53 AM
hopefully my man cole miller wins the hole show. WAR MILLER

TheBigKahuna
04-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Is this the first time an openly gay guy has been on the show? THAT will cause some drama, besides his nervous breakdown.

AudieMurphy1
04-07-2007, 05:45 AM
I to am looking forward to seeing nicks little brother in action, without having seen then all fight yet I'd say I'm favoring him, but I want to see them all in action before trying to pick a winner

SHAFT
04-07-2007, 06:40 AM
I hope they show less drama and show more of the training. Last season I thought was horrible, they hardly showed any training and I thought the fights where boring.

AudieMurphy1
04-07-2007, 06:56 AM
I hope they show less drama and show more of the training. Last season I thought was horrible, they hardly showed any training and I thought the fights where boring.

I agree, although i did enjoy captian miserable and the magical bucket of water last season

AudieMurphy1
04-14-2007, 05:52 AM
i can see starting this thread was pointless since everyone will just make there own.....sigh

2mcgrath
04-15-2007, 11:45 PM
so far i like this season alot better than the last.also the first few fights have been alot better

AudieMurphy1
04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
so far i like this season alot better than the last.also the first few fights have been alot better

i agree, i see a definite improvement in the level of compitition so far, i also think penns team is in trouble, they seem to be expecting to win just because thier on the "prodegies " team...sigh, just goes to show, that just because penn knows a lot of subs and what not doesn't mean your gonna get alot out of him being your coach

kalamazoo12
04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
After the first episode I thought I was going to really enjoy this season. However, after just watching the 2nd episode I am really confused. Is this the ultimate fighter or is this some MTV reality show full of drama queens? Manny is an awesome fighter but quite possibly the second biggest retard on the show. Did he actually say that he thought of leaving the show because of "Suck it Team Pulver"? Are you kidding me. I also love his line about "No one f*cks with Armos". Come on Manny, I'm from LA and the only reason that noone f*cks with Armos is because they stay in Burbank/Glendale. They don't ever dip into east LA or South Central LA. I'm not trying to touch any race issues but Manny needs to keep his mouth shut. That brings me to Nate Diaz (The biggest retard on the show). Put your shirt back on you skinny f*ck. Please dont tell me that doing that shit in No Cal actually works. You'd get punched in ur mouth if you tried that anywhere else. He got himself so worked up that he was teary eyed at the end. Nice maturity. I would like to keep going but this already too long. I didnt even get a chance to touch on Gabe Mcfatty or Cory Miller (Next in order of retardation).

Legend
04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Way too much drama and bullshit going on for my taste. I am sick of the arguing and bitching. Now I know this is a regular thing on TUF but this season is just way over the top with bullshit. Plus half the guys are just trying to play up for the cameras. And it is painfully obvious that they are doing so. However, the bright spot is they 2 fights have been good mainly bc the two guys who lost were just outclassed before they ever stepped into the cage thus resulting in quick fights.

Beatts35
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Is this the first time an openly gay guy has been on the show? THAT will cause some drama, besides his nervous breakdown.

who is openly gay? i missed that.

Afro
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
i agree, i see a definite improvement in the level of compitition so far, i also think penns team is in trouble, they seem to be expecting to win just because thier on the "prodegies " team...sigh, just goes to show, that just because penn knows a lot of subs and what not doesn't mean your gonna get alot out of him being your coach
there hasnt been anything wrong with Penns coaching so far, and he knows a lot more then just subs

Legend
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
who is openly gay? i missed that.
AudieMurphy1

strife
04-16-2007, 10:45 PM
there hasnt been anything wrong with Penns coaching so far, and he knows a lot more then just subs

Nothing wrong at all, but you can tell Jens is the better coach. I'm blown away so far by how he has handled his guys, they all just seem more loyal. Then again, Jens coulda just gotten the better picks? So the overall skill going into the training was more in his favor.

Afro
04-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Nothing wrong at all, but you can tell Jens is the better coach. I'm blown away so far by how he has handled his guys, they all just seem more loyal. Then again, Jens coulda just gotten the better picks? So the overall skill going into the training was more in his favor.
Jens got better picks IMO I mean, if Jens picked Gabe I dont think anything would of changed.. that guys just insane, but the only picks I liked on BJs team were Gray, Lauzon, maybe Wiman.. he has some solid guys but Jens got the bulk of the good fighters, with some bad ones as well.

Beowulf
04-17-2007, 04:58 AM
after the first episode i thought cory hill was a crazy ass..then the 2nd episode and hes the one talking sence into people...

AudieMurphy1
04-18-2007, 12:05 AM
AudieMurphy1

why iaouta.....*shakes fist at thelegendrvb like an angry old man

AudieMurphy1
04-18-2007, 12:08 AM

i was just trying to make a point, inevitably the responsibility lies with the fighter themselves, which is what i was trying to get at

Afro
04-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Are you kidding me.. Gabe is ruining this season

Afro
04-20-2007, 05:29 AM
Are you kidding me!?!? That amp'd mobile poll is ridiculous, I cant believe they asked that question.

jokerthief
04-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Are you kidding me!?!? That amp'd mobile poll is ridiculous, I cant believe they asked that question.

Why? I think Jeremy Horn's opinion is worth a poll question. I don't know shit about Hill but I do respect Horn's opinion, he knows a hell of a lot more about Hill than I do.

I digress -- that was a BAD ASS fight tonight! I love the Diaz brothers! Here is where I am so conflicted; I like Penn much more than I like Pulver but I like Pulver's fighters better. I want to route for Penn but I don't like his fighters at all (except Lauzon).

Kimuras"R"Us
04-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Nate Diaz for life son..... haah how much did he look like his bro pre-fight?

jokerthief
04-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Nate Diaz for life son..... haah how much did he look like his bro pre-fight?

No shit man. They fight very similarly. All Nate needs is more strength and a little tightening up on his technique and he will be a beast. He is so fucking young though, he has all the time in the world to become an absolute badass in the LW division (he's wicked tall for a LW too).

jokerthief
04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Are you kidding me.. Gabe is ruining this season

Agreed. Don't like that guy at all.

Afro
04-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Penn team off the top of my head has two very good fighters

Joe Lauzon and Gray Manyard, I think if Gabe were in shape he would be alright but other then that there guys arent that good

2mcgrath
04-20-2007, 06:36 AM
tonights fight was another good one.yeah nate looks alot like his brothers fighting style.

Krazikarl
04-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Team Pulver just seems to have a lot more drive, intensity, and energy than Team Penn. If you look at their training sessions, you see guys going crazy in their preparation (think Corey Hill), while Team Penn spends a lot of time with negative emotions (Wiman and Gabe etc), and sitting around talking. I think that Team Penn will be lucky to win 2 first round matches just because of that difference in intensity. I dont know how many of you have played much team sports, but when you are on a team, chemistry is important because if its right you train and prepare harder, and if its wrong you waste a lot of time and effort on stupid shit.

You could really see it in this third fight. Things were even for the first 4 minutes, but at the end of the first round you could see that Nate was still going strong, but Emerson was tired as hell. In the next round Nate kept at the same level and Emerson got more and more tired. I say that thats due to superior training leading up to the fight.

I think part of this is BJ. Hes a much better fighter than Jens, but Jens has a more obvious intensity about him, which I think makes him a better coach than BJ even though BJ probably knows more than Jens. A big part of being a coach is keeping people mentally tough and keeping them concentrated on their task, and Jens seems like he is much better at that than Penn is. Its just Penn's personality. His somewhat less intense demeaner might work for him, but I dont think its doing much for his team.

Mac
04-20-2007, 07:59 AM
I raise my hand I want to be on team Pulver!

AudieMurphy1
04-20-2007, 05:33 PM
I raise my hand I want to be on team Pulver!

HAHA....that was funny bro!

damn i missed last nights episode, i hope i get to see a replay of it, i've been really wanting to see nate.....figures he fights the night i miss an episode....d'oh!

Beatts35
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM
very good fight last night. on of the best on tuf so far. i think it was because both fighters were skilled and didn't really hold back. the action was none stop and we will see both of them in the UFC regardless of what happens on TUF. I think that the looser of the fight (won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it) will be the first guy asked back if someone in injured or gets kicked out.

Afro
04-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Team Pulver just seems to have a lot more drive, intensity, and energy than Team Penn. If you look at their training sessions, you see guys going crazy in their preparation (think Corey Hill), while Team Penn spends a lot of time with negative emotions (Wiman and Gabe etc), and sitting around talking. I think that Team Penn will be lucky to win 2 first round matches just because of that difference in intensity. I dont know how many of you have played much team sports, but when you are on a team, chemistry is important because if its right you train and prepare harder, and if its wrong you waste a lot of time and effort on stupid shit.

You could really see it in this third fight. Things were even for the first 4 minutes, but at the end of the first round you could see that Nate was still going strong, but Emerson was tired as hell. In the next round Nate kept at the same level and Emerson got more and more tired. I say that thats due to superior training leading up to the fight.

I think part of this is BJ. Hes a much better fighter than Jens, but Jens has a more obvious intensity about him, which I think makes him a better coach than BJ even though BJ probably knows more than Jens. A big part of being a coach is keeping people mentally tough and keeping them concentrated on their task, and Jens seems like he is much better at that than Penn is. Its just Penn's personality. His somewhat less intense demeaner might work for him, but I dont think its doing much for his team.
your basing this on what TUF is showing you though I think Pulver picked a superior team, and hes a good coach and brings people in but theres nothing wrong with Penns coaching.. the guys on his team that lost, would of lost regardless thats why they were his bottom picks and they were facing Pulvers best. You wont see Penns team win until Lauzon or Gray fight.

TriangleChoke
04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
your basing this on what TUF is showing you though I think Pulver picked a superior team, and hes a good coach and brings people in but theres nothing wrong with Penns coaching.. the guys on his team that lost, would of lost regardless thats why they were his bottom picks and they were facing Pulvers best. You wont see Penns team win until Lauzon or Gray fight.
exactly...because penn was pretty apathetic about his picks..i think penn picked a slightly inferior team, with the exception of a few.

Krazikarl
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, Pulver's guys have come out each and every fight with more intensity than Penn's guys. Thats partly a coaching thing and cant be explained away by what is and is not shown. Now I agree that you cant say too much because how they edit things is obviously important, but there is nothing to suggest that Penn's team has anywhere near the intensity in training and during the fights that Pulver's team has.

I agree that in the first two fights, Penn's fighters were clearly outclassed in terms of talent. They knew that they were huge underdogs, but you didnt see the fire in their eyes that an underdog should have. So many of the good fighters get more motivated when they are underdogs, but those guys just seemed to accept their fate. I dont think it would have mattered since the just didnt have the goods, but it doesnt bode well for future fighters on Penn's team.

When nonsense happens on Penn's team, his usual reaction seems to be to roll his eyes and let it slide. His main other trainer (cant remember his name), seems to be a bit more intense, but BJ really needs to get in some people's face I think. You can give people the "you are acting like idiots" eye roll sometimes, but at some point you really have to rip into people if things are sliding.

BJ Penn is supposedly the far superior coach according to most people on these boards, but we really havent seen anything to indicate that he is doing well in coaching so far. Granted he really didnt have much of a chance in the first two fights, but you didnt even see any promise of anything there. Emerson and Diaz seemed relatively evenly matched, but Diaz just wanted it more, which is troubling for Team Penn's chances I think. To date, although the evidence is far from conclusive, I would say that it looks like BJ might be a case of a guy who knows a lot and is a great fighter, but might not be the best motivator, which is a big factor in training people.

I'm not just reacting to the fact that Team Penn is 0-3. I'm reacting to the way in which they got to 0-3, which doesnt look promising to me.

Afro
04-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Bro I dont see how the intensity has to do with the training, Corey Hill was crazy way before the show I can guarantee you that, same with Manny and Nate.

And some coaches dont have to take that yellin all the time approach man, I hate when people label that as good coaching.

Dan0
04-20-2007, 07:43 PM
After the fight, Penn said the first round could have gone either way (and of course he’s gonna be biased towards his guy). With some of the judging I’ve seen that is very much a possibility, but I didn’t see it that way. I saw Diaz push more, be more aggressive, and made many strikes, especially with his knees, so I gave the first round to Diaz. Thoughts????

Yea, Karl I gotta agree. BJ needs to get some ASS, instead of the group therapy sessions.

Krazikarl
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
You dont have to be yelling, but you have to find some way to get your guys to train hard and fight hard. Thats a big part of coaching. Some guys can do it with quiet intensity, some guys are noisier. It doesnt matter how its done, it just needs to get done and I dont see BJ doing it.

After the fight, Penn said the first round could have gone either way (and of course heís gonna be biased towards his guy). With some of the judging Iíve seen that is very much a possibility, but I didnít see it that way. I saw Diaz push more, be more aggressive, and hade many strikes, especially with his knees, so I gave the first round to Diaz. Thoughts????

Yeah, I had it going to Diaz, but wouldnt have been surprised either way. Emerson did a good job preventing takedowns, and they often give credit for successful takedown defense, so I think thats the argument as to why he could have won.

dagreat1
04-20-2007, 08:39 PM
You dont have to be yelling, but you have to find some way to get your guys to train hard and fight hard. Thats a big part of coaching. Some guys can do it with quiet intensity, some guys are noisier. It doesnt matter how its done, it just needs to get done and I dont see BJ doing it.

Great point, and I find it ironic that the 2 brashest MMA fighters are of the best coaches and corner men in the business, Frank Shamrock and Tito Ortiz. And ontop of that they both get it done with the calm and quiet intensity as you spoke of.

jmarsh0176
04-21-2007, 04:51 AM
No wonder Melvin Guillard knocked out Ruediger w/ a body punch. That dude is soft of heart mind and body. It's sad to see BJ penn stuck w/ a guy like that.

Palma
04-21-2007, 04:55 AM
After the fight, Penn said the first round could have gone either way (and of course heís gonna be biased towards his guy). With some of the judging Iíve seen that is very much a possibility, but I didnít see it that way. I saw Diaz push more, be more aggressive, and made many strikes, especially with his knees, so I gave the first round to Diaz. Thoughts????

Yea, Karl I gotta agree. BJ needs to get some ASS, instead of the group therapy sessions.

Diaz had the first round all the way although that is the best takedown D I have seen, but it wears you out and Emerson never took advantage of that close contact.

I have a feeling the final fight will be Nate and Korry.

Afro
04-21-2007, 05:01 AM
I think Gray makes it to the finals, Penn owes him so he'll probably work hard on him

smoogy
04-21-2007, 05:03 AM
That was a great fight, but Diaz' submission attempts looked pretty weak. Otherwise he seems a lot like his brother, lots of weapons and he seems to love scrapping.

Palma
04-21-2007, 05:05 AM
I think Gray makes it to the finals, Penn owes him so he'll probably work hard on him

I must be out of the loop, what does Gray owe Penn for? I hope he does win, but those 155 pounders with reach can really do allot more damage standing and grapling. The talent is thick for once.

That was a great fight, but Diaz' submission attempts looked pretty weak. Otherwise he seems a lot like his brother, lots of weapons and he seems to love scrapping.

I think Emerson just has great sub D as well. I can't fault Nate for that since his form was perfect. If Emerson had great stamina and learned some offense then I think he'd be really good.

Afro
04-21-2007, 05:08 AM
I must be out of the loop, what does Gray owe Penn for? I hope he does win, but those 155 pounders with reach can really do allot more damage standing and grapling. The talent is thick for once.

I think Emerson just has great sub D as well. I can't fault Nate for that since his form was perfect. If Emerson had great stamina and learned some offense then I think he'd be really good.
As soon as Gray got out of college, Penn called him over to help him with his(Penn) wrestling.

Palma
04-21-2007, 05:22 AM
As soon as Gray got out of college, Penn called him over to help him with his(Penn) wrestling.

Sweet...I think Luazon has a chance. How emberrasing would it be to have lost to a contested already as a coach. Little Evil isn't great as trainer but he is turning into a great motivater and manager.

Afro
04-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Ya I like Lauzon too, well rounded fighter with ko power

Gray is an 3 time all american in college who wreslted nexted to RASHAD EVANS! and I think all the training hes had gives him the best chance, trained with Penn.. and is currenty with Team Quest! theres a reason Pulver is picking off Penns lower guys cuz Penn picked crappppy lower guys I mean lets compare

Pulvers lower end guys:
Wayne Weems
Record: 16-2
Style: High School Wrestler

Brian Gergahty
Record: 24-9-2
Style: Submissions

Brandon Melendez
Record: 11-5
Style: JJ with Jeremy Horn

Marlon Sims
Record: 3-1
Style: Black belt in Sambo, MT

Penns lower-end guys

Monstah
Record: 2-1
Style: Seafood chef

Robert Emerson
Record: 8-6
Style: kickboxing and his striking was not that good!

Noah Thomas
Record: 10-4
Style: BLUE BELT in BJJ

Andy Wang
Record: 8-6
Style: Black Belt in BJJ

I mean Pulver has some bad LWs too, but no comparison to the crap Penn Picked

then you got Penns top guys vs Pulvers top guys

Gabe who is overweight, Gray, Lauzon, and Wiman vs Diaz, Manny, Corey, and Cole

Pulver picked the relatives of top MMA fighters who had great training, Pulver crushed him in the team picking.

But in reality if you rank the best fighters overall Gray and Lauzon are Top 5 along with Diaz, Corey, and Manny IMO. Hell I think the only guy that could beat Gray on Pulvers team stylistically would be Manny, maybe Nate but although I think Corey is excellent.. the problem is, Corey is a wrestler too and Gray is the better wrestler so theres no sub threat from Corey, or wrestling threat so Gray wouldnt have to worry about Corey's strikes. Nate has a sub threat, dont know how good Gray's sub D is and Nate might be able to outstrike him.. same goes with Manny. Even though I dont think Manny is much of a sub threat off his back.

Palma
04-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Monstah
Record: 2-1
Style: Seafood chef

lol, that's pretty good.

smoogy
04-21-2007, 06:29 AM
What do you guys think Corey Hill's percentage of body fat is? 1%? 2%? He looked freakish during his "Look at me I'm Corey Hill and I'm crazy" routine.

Mastiff_owner
04-21-2007, 06:33 AM
@ 6'4" 155 I would like to know what his bone density is and how many have been broken. His body fat has to be next to zero.

jmarsh0176
04-21-2007, 07:48 AM
What do you guys think Corey Hill's percentage of body fat is? 1%? 2%? He looked freakish during his "Look at me I'm Corey Hill and I'm crazy" routine.

Sounds like he's trying to convince himself that he's badass. With his lack of grappling experience (1 hr. w/ Jeremy Horn doesn't count) and his overaggressiveness, he'll be submitted in his first fight.

Afro
04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Sounds like he's trying to convince himself that he's badass. With his lack of grappling experience (1 hr. w/ Jeremy Horn doesn't count) and his overaggressiveness, he'll be submitted in his first fight.
hes not tryna convince himself that hes a badass, hes in a zone how can anyone criticize what Corey Hill is doing? any athlete does that!

ever heard of John Henderson?

smoogy
04-21-2007, 09:27 AM
hes not tryna convince himself that hes a badass, hes in a zone how can anyone criticize what Corey Hill is doing? any athlete does that!

I can definitely criticize it. He takes it beyond the reasonable limit of being fired up and goes into the "raving jackass" zone. I doubt anyone has the energy to continue doing that when cameras aren't on them.

biggdogg
04-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Cory Hill will win tuf 5 he needs some work but he will dominate this show! just like all the tuf fighters they are raw talent and need work.I see Cory taking it.

Legend
04-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Yeah he might be in a zone it just so happens that he acts like a loud mouth jerkoff when he's in the zone. I hate Corey Hill and he is one of the reason's I only watch the last 15 minutes of TUF now.

jmarsh0176
04-21-2007, 08:42 PM
The obvious choise for a favorite in this thing is Lauzon. Call it a lucky shot, but he's been in w/ a legend on the big stage and won. There's no one in that house that's gonna intimidate him, and he doesn't seem wide-eyed about the situation either.

smoogy
04-22-2007, 01:23 AM
The obvious choise for a favorite in this thing is Lauzon. Call it a lucky shot, but he's been in w/ a legend on the big stage and won. There's no one in that house that's gonna intimidate him, and he doesn't seem wide-eyed about the situation either.

Maybe so, but the production of the show usually leaves some hints as to what the UFC's plans are for the guys and by that measure I would say Nate Diaz is their guy out of all 16 they want to push the most, based on the early episodes.

jmarsh0176
04-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Maybe so, but the production of the show usually leaves some hints as to what the UFC's plans are for the guys and by that measure I would say Nate Diaz is their guy out of all 16 they want to push the most, based on the early episodes.

Let's not forget that he's had a weekly blog posted on UFC.com after each of the last three eps.

AudieMurphy1
04-22-2007, 04:29 PM
I fianlly got to seee the last episode last night after the main event, anyway, that really was a great fight, I also think cory "The Psycho" hill is going to be tuf to beat.

jbart321
04-22-2007, 05:45 PM
It's amazing how Nate Diaz's style is just like his brothers. He is a tough kid, I bet he'd give Nick a run for his money. Good show so far, these kids are fighting much harder this show than some of the previous. Looking forward to this week. Will BJ ever win a fight? Hopefully no, since he is a dick, but some of his fighters may be tough.

japarrino77
04-23-2007, 01:16 AM
I am interested to see Grey and Andy fight being as you never see them acting like jackasses I get the impression they are there to train and take this very serious. Hopefully they will bring some maturity to the show because it is obvious the coaches won't.

Dork8503
04-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I do not like Corey, i also do not think he is going to be a force. But i have never seen him fight before so i cant really say for sure. But i think he is a jackass and can not wait for him to lose.

DOCTOR
04-23-2007, 09:45 PM
So Serra and Hughes are the new coaches. I'm interested to see how the fighters react to Serra. I mean, months ago he was in the same situation as them. Are they really going to respect him as a champion and coach, or will they think it was just a fluke that he beat GSP? Serra seemed like he was trying too hard to talk smack about Hughes. It seemed forced to me.

biggdogg
04-23-2007, 11:51 PM
I thought Serra coached alot and cornered for his team, and if he was not on that team some of those guys wouln't have won. I think he will get there respest as a coach.

AudieMurphy1
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I thought Serra coached alot and cornered for his team, and if he was not on that team some of those guys wouln't have won. I think he will get there respest as a coach.

i agree

sneakybastaad
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Is he openly gay? That explains all the touching he was doing. I was thinking the whole time 'Man, this guy is a homo.'. hehehehe. I want to see him fight Corey, and I want him to get knocked out. Didn't Melvin Guillard already knock him out? Or was that the guy Melvin punchin in the Solar Plexus?

sneakybastaad
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I agree, although i did enjoy captian miserable and the magical bucket of water last season
I agree, that was so funny I almost cried...fuckin' Captain Miserable...hahahaha. My faves so far were seasons 1 and 2, but 5 will def. be the best....I also think they should've picked diff. coaches for season 6....but maybe it's cuz I wanna fuckin' strangle Hughes.

Severn
04-27-2007, 05:25 AM
Man at first I was annoyed by Gabe but the past two episodes have shown me one thing: The show is nothing without his personality. All these alpha males in the house and then there's Gabe. Dude's funny.

I wonder if he can fight if the time comes...

Ramma
04-27-2007, 05:59 AM
If I ever act like Andy Wang after anything.. I invite you all to come to New Jersey... and kick me in the balls..

Steve88
04-27-2007, 06:06 AM
I'd just like to state....andy wang needs to learn to listen. when you have BJ PENN IN YOUR CORNER AND THIS IS ALL YOU HEAR

"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down""take him down"
then maybe.. trying to take him down would be a decent idea when you're getting smashed in standup.

sorry for the post like this i don't like to do it but ... argh that annoys me.

Severn
04-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I'd just like to state....andy wang needs to learn to listen. when you have BJ PENN IN YOUR CORNER AND THIS IS ALL YOU HEAR

"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down"
"take him down""take him down"
then maybe.. trying to take him down would be a decent idea when you're getting smashed in standup.

sorry for the post like this i don't like to do it but ... argh that annoys me.

Penn's impersonation of him was hilarious. Why you crying' for?! It shouldn't have been funny but man he just didn't listen. BJ PENN IS IN YOUR CORNER - LISTEN TO HIM!

Afro
04-27-2007, 06:44 AM
another bad matchup for Penns team next week, Corey is gonna beat Gabe

Tellin ya, Penns team wont win until Gray or Lauzon fight, Pulver is weavin out the weaker fighters.. while Gabe shouldnt be considered as such cuz he is skilled hes also overweight and fighting one of the best fighters on the show next week.

Wiman is pretty good too if he gets any of Pulvers weaker guys, he'll win

I think Lauzon and Gray are the only guys who can take Pulvers best.

sodium_nitrate
04-27-2007, 06:50 AM
i loved penn's reaction to wang crying. it was classic.

Dork8503
04-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I really do not like Gabe but this will be one time i will be wanting him to win. I can not stay Corey, I hope Gabe goes in there and breaks his leg or arm. Can not stand the guy, do not ever want to see him fight in the ufc. If he does i hope they make him fight Sherk or Tyson or Edgar. I think i dislike this guy more then Lindland.

Afro
04-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Corey Hill looks like the spirit of truth

Severn
04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Corey Hill looks like the spirit of truth

What you mean he has the spirit of Carl "The Truth" Williams in him or something?

billwilliams70
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't understand why Wang didn't listen to Penn's advice. It was bad. However, I will say that I didn't see much training for him either. Maybe I missed that when I went to get a drink or something, but I didn't see any prior coaching from Penn of him actually coaching Wang and showing him how to go about taking him down.......just my thoughts though.

Later.

another bad matchup for Penns team next week, Corey is gonna beat Gabe.
Corey's gonna kill Gabe. Gabe's gonna be so wasted from making weight.

Afro
04-27-2007, 05:27 PM
What you mean he has the spirit of Carl "The Truth" Williams in him or something?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E

AudieMurphy1
04-27-2007, 05:28 PM
my moneys still on diaz, I like cory hill and i think he's going to be tough to beat but we might aoughta wait and see him fight before getting to far with all this nut hugging.

AudieMurphy1
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
i loved penn's reaction to wang crying. it was classic.

ya wang was a wang

Severn
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MwsWskgKe5E

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

REP'D! :grinsmile26:

billwilliams70
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
What about Mr. Indestructable? Was he full of crap or what? I call shenanigans as well.

Later.

NixHex
04-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh please don't let this Shenanigans stick around lol. It's calling Bullshit, Shenanigans sounds like a little girls game lol. And of course Mr. Indestructable is full of shit, unless he was roughnecking some geriatrics or teeny boppers lol.

Nate was my pick to win before the teams were picked, and i'm going to stick with him. His striking was decent, and when he finally got Emerson to the ground (Emerson had amazing balance) Nate looked smooth as hell.

AudieMurphy1
04-27-2007, 08:50 PM
What about Mr. Indestructable? Was he full of crap or what? I call shenanigans as well.

Later.

haha

billwilliams70
04-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh please don't let this Shenanigans stick around lol. It's calling Bullshit, Shenanigans sounds like a little girls game lol. And of course Mr. Indestructable is full of shit, unless he was roughnecking some geriatrics or teeny boppers lol.
Well, I don't cuss, so shenanigans it is buddy.

Later.

NixHex
04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, I don't cuss, so shenanigans it is buddy.

Later.
A member of Raiders Nation doesn't cuss? I call shenanigans lol.

1234c
04-28-2007, 02:38 AM
does anyone have tuf spoilers for this season. I remember reading a post couple months ago before the show aired that someone wrote exactly what would happen when the teams were chosen. I just want to know if BJ's team will win anything this season. BJ did seem frustrated when he was being interviewed by Rogan concerning his upcoming fight with Pulver.

jmarsh0176
04-28-2007, 06:53 AM
does anyone have tuf spoilers for this season. I remember reading a post couple months ago before the show aired that someone wrote exactly what would happen when the teams were chosen. I just want to know if BJ's team will win anything this season. BJ did seem frustrated when he was being interviewed by Rogan concerning his upcoming fight with Pulver.

Try watching the show.

AudieMurphy1
05-04-2007, 05:59 AM
wtf

first fuck gaybes pussy ass

second, what the fuck! all that bullshit and no fight? what the fuck, i'm pissed, I watch that show to see a fight not some whiney ass little girl, fuck you dana!

eazye76
05-04-2007, 08:07 PM
What the hell are they doing to the lightweight division? there is a bias against lightweights in the first place. Now they bring the division back and TUF 5 is what we get. Good fights but the last two episodes people have cried, Gabe didn't make weight, and there was no fight last night. Are they trying to piss people off. I just don't think this is good for the division or the sport. The ratings for the first few episodes were in the toilet, and this is how they respond?

DFD149
05-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I can't believe I wasted an hour of my time watching some guy act like a bitch. And, no fight? Ridiculous.

AudieMurphy1
05-05-2007, 12:09 AM
I've made my discission, I am boycotting next weeks show, cory hill, two fights, whatever, I hope the ratings drop like a 2 dollar whore drops to her knees! the last thing we need is dana's bitch ass thinking is that this is the type of show we want to see!

biggdogg
05-05-2007, 12:35 AM
I agree I dont watch to see how fighters avoid fighting I want to see somebody kick some ass! Let the ratings drop.

Severn
05-11-2007, 05:15 AM
"I'm glad he's good. That way I didn't get knocked out by some bitch."

lol

Ramma
05-11-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm sorry...Corey Hilll.....we will see how he fights in about 5 minutes.. but this guy lies too much, he needs to brush up on his MMA history. How can you not know who Dana White is? Can't say I want him to win this one anyway... Lauzon is a bad mother fucker btw

ArMnHC
05-11-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm sorry...Corey Hilll.....we will see how he fights in about 5 minutes.. but this guy lies too much, he needs to brush up on his MMA history. How can you not know who Dana White is? Can't say I want him to win this one anyway... Lauzon is a bad mother fucker btw
so im guessing Joe won...im not gunna get to see the show tonight :sadsmile1:

djkilljoy77
05-11-2007, 07:02 AM
joe lauzon is a freak... damn... that was some crazy shyt... if he fights like he did today on a regular basis... DAMN we are in for an EXCITING LW competitor... btw... i tht emerson won

Severn
05-11-2007, 07:12 AM
joe lauzon is a freak... damn... that was some crazy shyt... if he fights like he did today on a regular basis... DAMN we are in for an EXCITING LW competitor... btw... i tht emerson won

Dude is vicious. I thought he was going to kill that dude when he missed that forearm. That had some impact behind it.

1234c
05-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I thought Emerson won as well. I didn't even think that there should have been a third round. Like Penn said, the first round was a tie and the second belonged to Emerson. Just because Corey was "pressing the action" doesn't mean he won the fight. Emerson was landing more blows and doing more damage IMO. "Aggressiveness" should not be a determining factor for a match. To truly encompass MMA, the NAC needs to understand that certain disciplines don't require such an approach. Dana even seemed to agree the decision was based on Emerson's lack of aggressiveness If anything, Emerson was doing a good job countering. Corey Hill obviously had the reach advantage and Emerson was effectively negating it. This type of judging has plagued boxing and still continues to foster in the MMA.

2mcgrath
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
yeah i think joe is the real deal.and will be a contender in the 155 division.he looked great tonight.i thought hill looked awfull and looked like he was out of place fighting in the octagon.i dont see him making it very far in the ufc he looked like he didnt know what he was doing,just throwing punchs and sloppey kicks.i also thought emerson won the fight,and i dont see how they gave it to hill.

TreK
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I think Joe put to rest any doubts about the win against pulver being a total fluke. He was like an uncaged animal tonight... those elbows he was throwing were ment to crush skull... that other dude (I forgot his name already... lol) was lucky that one elbow missed. Joe might win the whole damn show!

And yeah... Corey looked kinda oafish and clumsy. But, it was only his 3rd real MMA fight, and his first one against any real competition I'm sure. That being the case, maybe there's some potential there. Emerson could have won it though... I don't think Corey ever really hurt him... Rob just needed to jump in there and start throwing to win. Those leg kicks were doing some serious damage... he could have easily chopped those skinny legs down had he kept at it.

Poor Emerson... he needs to find that "Fighter's Fire".

Did the preview for next week say that there would also be two fights?

Thanks Dana... that's real nice of you. I don't know why the shows ratings are so low... I think it's been a good season so far. And I can't wait to see BJ and Jenns fight.

Intellectual
05-11-2007, 09:01 AM
just finished watching the show. Emerson should have won. Corey looked clumsy and i wasn't surprised when he said it was his first MMA bout.

djkilljoy77
05-11-2007, 09:03 AM
yup two fights next week... determine the last quarterfinals spots... cant wait to see lauzon fight again... hes the real deal... weird how he doesnt talk... was given literally zero tv time... ppl not aware of his KO over jens wouldnt even know who the hell lauzon was.... but damn after that fight... ppl better watch out... jens looked terrified after the fight... lol

Intellectual
05-11-2007, 09:06 AM
:lmfao:^ yea but Pulver was happy that he didn't get knocked out by some amateur.

i wanna see Lauzon vs Gambaryan

both are aggressive, freakishly strong and have different styles.

thumper
05-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Man that was frustrating to watch. I really thought that after losing then being brought back thanks to Gabrielle, I expected Emerson to have the aggression.

I agree that there never should have been a 3rd round, and that even so Em still won. buuuuuut. He still has nobody to blame but himself. He can bitch about the judges, but the truth is he didnít once try to finish and TAKE the fight. If he'd tried to lock it up by taking control in any of the other rounds I think it would have been his to lose. He looked scared to me. Iím sure that reach was intimidating but once he realized Corey was a clumsy goof he really should have taken advantage.

Dana hit it right on the money. He was fighting not to lose, he wasn't fighting to win, and that's what cost him.

It's a shame. I can't stand that Corey. That 3rd grade barking stuff just set the tone for my opinion of him, and he was not a good fighter in my opinion. The only reason he didn't get destroyed is because Emerson was scared to take the fight to him.

There are other things at play here though to be honest. First, itís easy to sit watching TV and say what he should do, and the fact of the matter is Iím sure everyoneís half scared because they know theyíre on camera, but it sure didnít affect the first fight.

Both times Iíve watched Emerson fight I found myself sitting on the edge of my chair trying to will the guy to move forward.

Still, I love that show. Itís great watching these guys get this opportunity.

sandywh
05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
I expected soooo much more from Emerson / Hill. Hill maybe a rookie (I got a personal problem with letting an actual rank amatuer in the contest) but Emerson saw the gaping holes in Hill's attack and never jumped in for the kill.

Severn
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Emmerson won that one. No doubt at all. I think Corey got exposed big time and if he fights a more aggresive fighter he's going to get KO'd. There weren't enough leg kicks from Emmerson and he could have done that all night long. I think Emmerson thought he did enough to win (and he did) but they gave it to Corey instead.

sandywh
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Emmerson won that one. No doubt at all. I think Corey got exposed big time and if he fights a more aggresive fighter he's going to get KO'd. There weren't enough leg kicks from Emmerson and he could have done that all night long. I think Emmerson thought he did enough to win (and he did) but they gave it to Corey instead.
I agree that Emerson did enough to win the fight. But why take the chance. Corey did not use his reach, at all. He wasn't throwing anything that looked like a sustained offense. He counter-punched and walked forward. Emerson thought he won. I guess the reason these guys are on TUF and not PPV might have something to with doing just enough to win or going out and taking the win.
Corey may have a great future, but I doubt his future on TUF will last through one more fight.

Diesel Riggs
05-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Corey definitely looked like an amateur. It annoyed me how he left his hands down around his chest and stooped over while he was fighting. I was hoping Emerson would just start throwin bombs and send him back to the pound.

scottsec
05-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Emerson won but he sure didnt fight like a guy with a second chance...

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
well for next week if pulvers wants another win hell prolly have to do marlon simms vs matt wiman, because i doubt marlon or wayne can beat gray, and since wayne is the weakest link i doubt he would have much chance at matt either

Severn
05-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Emerson won but he sure didnt fight like a guy with a second chance...

Very true.

da@LARGE
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Although this shouldn't figure into the judging criteria but if you compare both guys' experience: Hill in his very first fight standing up for three round with Emerson who is supposed to be a top-end kickboxer, then you gotta respect Hill on that level.

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Although this shouldn't figure into the judging criteria but if you compare both guys' experience: Hill in his very first fight standing up for three round with Emerson who is supposed to be a top-end kickboxer, then you gotta respect Hill on that level.

well i respect him, and i was going for him to win because i like him. But i found it extremely entertaining during the fight in the fact that whenever rob sent a punch corey just deflected it like it was nothing.

Palma
05-11-2007, 07:05 PM
just finished watching the show. Emerson should have won. Corey looked clumsy and i wasn't surprised when he said it was his first MMA bout.

I don't see how Emerson won. Cory won the first, Emerson won the second, and Cory won the third.

Emerson is a true disapointment here. He is all Defense with little to no offense. In the third, Cory landed more head shots and all Emerson could do is land inside leg kicks which are totally week since you don't have to expose yourself to land them. Cory was akward and cumbsy but he pushed the pace and landed more punched thrown. There is no room for fighters like Emerson in MMA.

strife
05-11-2007, 07:29 PM
I personally think that neither of them should of been on the show...if that is the future of the UFC I think I might stop watching. Come on, Corey had 0 fuckin fights and they still recruited him to it. He definately fought like a guy with 0 fights, and more power to him for squeeking out a decision. This was one of the most frustrating fights I've ever seen. Emerson's style will never be successful in MMA. Corey is light years behind guys like Lauzon. Like was said before, Emerson didn't fight at all like it was his second chance...or his first chance reborn. I just couldn't ever see myself being coached by BJ Penn and not listening to a damn word he was saying. He would have Corey's shit all fucked up if he kept throwing 1-2's then a leg kick in the 1st. I know when I'm grappling or sparring I can still hear my coach yelling what to do, I don't see how this is any different.

Palma
05-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I personally think that neither of them should of been on the show...if that is the future of the UFC I think I might stop watching. Come on, Corey had 0 fuckin fights and they still recruited him to it. He definately fought like a guy with 0 fights, and more power to him for squeeking out a decision. This was one of the most frustrating fights I've ever seen. Emerson's style will never be successful in MMA. Corey is light years behind guys like Lauzon. Like was said before, Emerson didn't fight at all like it was his second chance...or his first chance reborn. I just couldn't ever see myself being coached by BJ Penn and not listening to a damn word he was saying. He would have Corey's shit all fucked up if he kept throwing 1-2's then a leg kick in the 1st. I know when I'm grappling or sparring I can still hear my coach yelling what to do, I don't see how this is any different.

I agree completely...but I'd have to say that Emerson is the bigger disapointment. Cory at leat had a reason for looking like he didn't belong. I don't know why Dana gets so enthralled with fighters like Forrest and Emerson when there are fighters like Okami and Fitch that get no love from him.

Malice
05-11-2007, 08:19 PM
WOW JOE Lauzon is the shizzle. This guy is a tazmanian devil, agressive as hell...I don't see anyone beating him.

But I also don't see anyone on Pulvers team beating Wiman or Joe for Penn's team.Wiman was giving Spencer Fisher a great fight until he caught a flying knee. We have all seen what Joe can do. Gray seems very good too.

I thought Emerson won that fight with Corey Hill, neither of them looked great. But Emerson dished out more damage and looked overall much better.

Corey looked like total shit.

Palma
05-11-2007, 09:01 PM
WOW JOE Lauzon is the shizzle. This guy is a tazmanian devil, agressive as hell...I don't see anyone beating him.

But I also don't see anyone on Pulvers team beating Wiman or Joe for Penn's team.Wiman was giving Spencer Fisher a great fight until he caught a flying knee. We have all seen what Joe can do. Gray seems very good too.

I thought Emerson won that fight with Corey Hill, neither of them looked great. But Emerson dished out more damage and looked overall much better.

Overall I think Emerson did more damage, but it was all in the second round. Cory clearly won the first and I know it is debatable, but I think he also won the thrid.

AJL416AZ
05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
i think Emerson won

and Joe is an animal, i had been waiting all season just to see him fight, even if it was like a 1.5 minute destruction

i also believe that there is no way in hell that any more people on Team Penn will be losing
the best 4 guys on the show are Diaz, Gray, Wiman, and Joe, i've thought that from the beginning. and Wiman and Gray have the weakest fighters on Pulver's team

Ryukuma
05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
i think Emerson won

and Joe is an animal, i had been waiting all season just to see him fight, even if it was like a 1.5 minute destruction

i also believe that there is no way in hell that any more people on Team Penn will be losing
the best 4 guys on the show are Diaz, Gray, Wiman, and Joe, i've thought that from the beginning. and Wiman and Gray have the weakest fighters on Pulver's team

i'd more like to know if tall tale marlon sim is any good because i dont remember him ever fighting. and like someone said earlier manny is just as aggresive as joe so i think that would be a hard fight to choose between

ChosenOne10
05-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Corey Hill is a very sloppy fighter, he's just asking to be knocked out. His mouth was wide open, his chin wasn't tucked in even the slightest and his arms were all the way down to his sides doing that motion that crappy street fighting side to side that kids in the street with boxing gloves do.

Joe is the man. I totally expect him to win the whole thing.

Dana for kicks should put corey hill and andy wang in a fight it'll reek of 'game of death'...you remember that bruce lee movie were he fought kareem abdul jabar.

scottsec
05-12-2007, 04:40 AM

Joe lauzon is a freakin animal. If that last elbow wouldve landed we wouldve had our first mma death.

MADDHATER
05-12-2007, 05:01 AM
The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 Finalist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Got This Rumor From A Good Source Of Mine. My Friend Trains In Vegas With Joe Steveson And He Overheard Someone Telling Joe.

Season 5 Finalist Are:

Joe Lauzon Vs. Nate Diaz

That Will Be A Very Good Match Up I Think A Jui Jitsu Guy With A Fearce Striker. Who Will Have The Upper Hand Sub Or K.o. What Do You Guys Think?

Palma
05-12-2007, 05:16 AM
The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 Finalist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Got This Rumor From A Good Source Of Mine. My Friend Trains In Vegas With Joe Steveson And He Overheard Someone Telling Joe.

Season 5 Finalist Are:

Joe Lauzon Vs. Nate Diaz

That Will Be A Very Good Match Up I Think A Jui Jitsu Guy With A Fearce Striker. Who Will Have The Upper Hand Sub Or K.o. What Do You Guys Think?

Dude! What the fuck? At least tell everyone that you're giving out spoilers!

perc10
05-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I like Lauzon I think Diaz is tough but he's an a==hole,getting all ghetto and angry over a little graffiti,plus he was one of the guys that raised his hand then changed his mind. Wonder what pulver's thoughts are on that now that hes seen it,Im under the impression that Pulver had no idea Diaz chose Penn before him. On an unrelated note Is Wyman the guy that got his face kneed off bySpencer Fisher UFC 60? I watched it last year but cant remember

Mr.Pickles
05-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Dude! What the fuck? At least tell everyone that you're giving out spoilers!

Don't worry dude. That was the third spoiler I accidently saw and they all had different finalists.

AudieMurphy1
05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
i finally saw the re-airing of last weeks episode and i agree clayman, emerson won that fight, I was disappointed in cory, for all the hype he's getting he was just way to school yard in his approach, he has a lot of potential but he also has a lot to learn, and i mean alot, I don't see him winning, its going to come down to louzon and diaz, I still got my money on diaz but damn that louson is a beast!

AudieMurphy1
05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
andy wang for president lol

NixHex
05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I like Lauzon I think Diaz is tough but he's an a==hole,getting all ghetto and angry over a little graffiti,plus he was one of the guys that raised his hand then changed his mind. Wonder what pulver's thoughts are on that now that hes seen it,Im under the impression that Pulver had no idea Diaz chose Penn before him. On an unrelated note Is Wyman the guy that got his face kneed off bySpencer Fisher UFC 60? I watched it last year but cant remember
I'd a gotten pissed if I came in and people had Suck Me written all over my walls... I wouldn't have wanted to fight on the spot like him, but i'm not a professional fighter lol. And he is pretty ghetto, so it is what it is, I like Nate a lot and picked him from the get-go to win the whole thing... i'm not straying from this now. Yes Wiman was the guy giving Fisher everything he wanted before catching the beautiful knee in the face.

AudieMurphy1
05-25-2007, 05:01 PM
last nights fight was great, to bad it ended on such a sour note with the illegal elbow and shit, I think there should be a rematch

also, the fight at the house was silly, not the fight it self which was actually a pretty good fight, but the fact that it happened and happened the way it did was just silly, like dana said, "this ain't highschool!" lol

earle
05-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Last night's house fight was stupid. However it does show you the difference between streetfighting and MMA fighting. Noah tries to pull guard, then a submission and gets his head bashed in LOL!

I was really impressed with Cole Miller. Great submission skills. Who knows what would have happened if not for the elbow? I think we'll see him in the UFC someday.

AudieMurphy1
05-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I was really impressed with Cole Miller. Great submission skills. Who knows what would have happened if not for the elbow? I think we'll see him in the UFC someday.

i agree

TriangleChoke
05-25-2007, 08:54 PM
i agree
o yea cole will definitely be back. he's one of the top 3 145 lb fighters in the world and he's only like...22-23 years old. the ufc will definitely invite him back for another fight.

Beatts35
05-25-2007, 10:27 PM
it was a great fight btw cole and lauzon. really a great technical display of mma by both guys. i don't know if i've ever seen a fighter work so well with what his corner tells him than lauzon. not only does he listen to his corner. he is actually able to pull off everything they say to do. lauzon has got to be a coaches dream.

cole had a great fight. he caught joe and got his back quickly. like we've seen in a few fights this season. i wasn't to sure how good cole was going to be but he proved to be a very skilled fighter.

i think the first round is very hard to call. joe landed some big big shots and had perfect sub d. cole ws throwing subs from every anlge. and got joes back. on points the first round is a total coin toss. could have gone to either guy or been a draw depending on how you score it.

the elbow to the head was unfortunate. but cole had been slowing down and was hurt before then. go back watch the fight joe hit cole with 3-5 big shots while cole was on his back in the first round. after the last big shot in the 1st round you could see that it took alot out of cole and he wasn't throwing up subs like he had been.

cole may have been able to win the desicion based on the close first round and the point loss of joe in the second. its funny you look at the fight and it was like the hardest sparring match you can be in. they both like each other so it looked different then a fight btw guys who don't like eachother. it was a very skilled friendly fight its wierd.

another thing. joe didn't have the only illegal blow. cole nailed joe with and up kick right to his face while joe had both knees on the ground. mazagatti didn't say a word about it. and i think he was in the middle of warning joe when he took a point. i know it is within his right to take a point but it would have been better to give cole more time then take the point from joe.

Ryukuma
05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
It was an excellent fight, and considering how young both fighters are, i can definitely see 2 future champs with bright careers.

On a side note, i hope brandon gets ktfo by gray because i really hate him

earle
05-25-2007, 11:19 PM
another thing. joe didn't have the only illegal blow. cole nailed joe with and up kick right to his face while joe had both knees on the ground. mazagatti didn't say a word about it. and i think he was in the middle of warning joe when he took a point. i know it is within his right to take a point but it would have been better to give cole more time then take the point from joe.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I saw the illegal kick from Cole as well. I think I heard Joe say "it's okay" so Cole must have apologized right away. These two need a rematch!

Beowulf
05-26-2007, 05:30 AM
yeah after cole kicked him they slapped hands.... but it had little effect compared to the elbow

vashknives
05-28-2007, 05:36 AM
whos everyone picking to win this next fight

earle
05-28-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm picking Gray to beat Melendez. On paper this looks like a no-brainer. I understand now why Jens is upset with the matchups. Melendez is a pure striker and Gray is a great wrestler so he'll put him on his back and g n' p.

My rankings have changed after last week's fight. We see now that Joe Lauzon is not invincible, his kryptonite might be submissions. In my opinion that makes Manny the guy to beat. Nate has great Jiu-Jitsu, even better than Cole Miller, I'm guessing, so he moves up to No. 2 in my books.

Beowulf
05-29-2007, 02:21 AM
i think putting pulver's best fighter (nate) against cory who could be one of the best if uses his reach right, was kinda crappy to do to jen's team, i would of liked to see wiman and cory hill, grey and manny, brandon and cole, nate and joe,

but i guess dana saw diaz, grey, wiman, and lauzon as the 4 best and cory,cole,manny, and brandon as the worst

Ryukuma
05-29-2007, 02:54 AM
I think they should have done corey vs gray, and nate vs melendez. Then youd have better looking matches. I mean corey has some wrestling skills supposedly and would use reach against gray. As for melendez and nate well nate would just shoot for take down and sub him, but it would make matches a bit more interesting

Judge2k3
05-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I think this fight is pretty easy to call, you really don't even have to look at the fighting skills, just look at the preview to the episode...

I cannot remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure Gray gets visited by Couture (sorry if this happened already on a previous episode) and has been made to look like a good guy throughout the programming

Melendez was shown to be arguing with Jens and having a possible weight issue. They made him look like a prissy and cocky competitor with an overall negative vibe towards his attitude.

I'd like for reality TV to break the mold of this, but I have yet to see it happen, so based on advertising evidence you can clearly see that Gray has a higher probability of winning this fight.

By the way they are talking about Lauzon every episode, I'm pretty confident he is going to win the whole thing and I will be shocked if he doesn't.

leedogg900
05-31-2007, 01:40 AM
my personal pick for the top 2 is lauzon and diaz, i wouldnt say lauzons weakness is submissions, he defended the choke pretty damn good, but this is definatly a great tuf as far as skill is concerned

Gmunit
06-01-2007, 05:13 AM
**SPOILER kinda** I've got Gray over Melendez, i can't believe the shit that Melendez is saying to direspect Jens right now, I was thinking when Jens was talking to him on the bike:

Is there anything more you would want from a coach than for him to say "I will do anything for you, just try me" ??? (insert gay comment here), but really though I think Jens has been very good this season, and I don't really like him that much (and here), I hope Melendez get fucked (damn !)

Zenshotokai
06-01-2007, 05:16 AM
**SPOILER kinda** I've got Gray over Melendez, i can't believe the shit that Melendez is saying to direspect Jens right now, I was thinking when Jens was talking to him on the bike:

Is there anything more you would want from a coach than for him to say "I will do anything for you, just try me" ??? (insert gay comment here), but really though I think Jens has been very good this season, and I don't really like him that much (and here), I hope Melendez get fucked (damn !)

I am screaming at the TV....GROW UP!!!!! I can't believe the disrespect he is showing Jens...dude needs his ass kicked...big time!

perc10
06-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Not even the disrespect but hes a fucking baby,Jens said "Im a fighter too" walked around the ring and Melendez started bitching up

leedogg900
06-01-2007, 05:38 AM
what did melendez say i musta missed it

Gmunit
06-01-2007, 05:50 AM
whats with the camera angles? i feel like i'm watching "The Contender"

Beowulf
06-01-2007, 05:53 AM
wrestler vs a striker
duh

singinkangaroooo
06-01-2007, 06:04 AM
melendez was just in temper tantrum mode like a 5 yr old... if u watch his comments compared to what was goin on.. Jens was being nice and saying nething i can do for u ILL DO IT! and the interview branden said ya jens was talking blah blah blah i was sick of his bs... i just wanted to jump in there and slap some sense in to him

Gmunit
06-01-2007, 06:19 AM
wrestler vs a striker
duh

huh?

perc10
06-01-2007, 06:25 AM
I hope Manny loses the whole thing and has to fight in barns for the duration of his career,he swings from Diaz dick the whole time then on the previews he's treating him like shit for trying to win. Plus I see him in parysian corner dressed in fighting shorts like hes gonna get called in,he bothers me to my core,he could pull children from a fire and he still would bother me. Cant explain just does. Karo's probably had to carry that dead weight his whole life.

Beowulf
06-01-2007, 06:26 AM
i just thought the matchup was stupid gray has great wrestling skils, melendez none, i just kinda hate fights when its obvious whats gonna happen, i was just suprised brandon didnt get finished sooner

perc10
06-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Gray looked like shit for all the hype he gets,thats 2 mediocre wins from him in my book. He has potential dont get me wrong

Beowulf
06-01-2007, 07:03 AM
im pretty sure all his hype was his wrestling, and he did take brandon down pretty much at will

2mcgrath
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
it was a pretty good fight tonight.looked like branden was holding his own.he done alot better than i thought he would have against gray.i thought gray would dominate it but he didnt.but if it would have went to decs.gray would have still won because he had like a 100 take downs in the rds.but all in all a good fight.i think gray was suprised that brendon was dong that good defending on the ground

green_bay_cyclones
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
He takes him down and pretty much does nothing and makes a fight boring. The first round sucked and gray submission skills were pretty week because melendez defense was all right but not great.

Gmunit
06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
He takes him down and pretty much does nothing and makes a fight boring. The first round sucked and gray submission skills were pretty week because melendez defense was all right but not great.

yeah, i was expecting a lot more from Gray, he almost looked lost at times in the fight, also Melendez did a good job escaping though, so its hard to tell, but still Gray pulled it out in the end, and I like the guy's attitude

AudieMurphy1
06-07-2007, 05:20 PM
I was not impressed by either fighter last week, gray better step it up or he's going to get his ass kicked

Gmunit
06-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I was not impressed by either fighter last week, gray better step it up or he's going to get his ass kicked

they haven't set up brackets for the semi's, have they?

i am really looking forward to Manny vs Wiman tonight

AudieMurphy1
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
they haven't set up brackets for the semi's, have they?

i am really looking forward to Manny vs Wiman tonight

doesn't matter the people that will be left will be the real deal and as of right now gray is the weakest, unless wiman manages to beat manny, who I think is highly under rated

Gmunit
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
doesn't matter the people that will be left will be the real deal and as of right now gray is the weakest, unless wiman manages to beat manny, who I think is highly under rated

i am curious of the matchups because I think Nate doesn't match up well for anyone, Lauzon beats Manny and Gray, Manny beats Gray, Gray might beat Wiman etc etc

but i agree, I do like Manny, he's furocious (sp?), and anytime I see Wiman I can't help but think of that knee that Spencer hit him with, lol

AudieMurphy1
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM
manny did what i expected and while the diaz hill fight turned out how i expected i would have to say he looked much improved, when he gets some experience under his belt and a few more technical things to do with his size he will be very difficult to beat

TriangleChoke
06-15-2007, 05:05 AM
man fuck karo. i'm with nate diaz..i wouldnt want some body all up in my face grabbing me, talking down to me and shit. i wish nate would have clocked him

singinkangaroooo
06-15-2007, 05:36 AM
man fuck karo. i'm with nate diaz..i wouldnt want some body all up in my face grabbing me, talking down to me and shit. i wish nate would have clocked him

karo is much bigger than him and i think Kar would have put the hurt on him... i would not mind seeing Karo fight Nick again or have him fight Nate... after seeing him fight Hermes Franca Nate has some serious skills... just got caught in a very nice armbar in the 2nd with Hermes

Dork8503
06-15-2007, 05:48 AM
Manny is a little girl i hope nate breaks his shit

Gurry
06-15-2007, 05:48 AM
WTF is manny doing, this is some gay ass lay and pray and shit LOL imagine Manny and Gray meet in the finals, the most boringest mma match of all time, liek Koschek vs Hughes

Dork8503
06-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Thats alright Nate will sub Manny in the finals,

Plus Joe will go further then manny anyway.

TriangleChoke
06-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Manny is a little girl i hope nate breaks his shit
i concur..i dont like manny either

Afro
06-15-2007, 06:00 AM
I dont like Karo

TriangleChoke
06-15-2007, 06:03 AM
I dont like Karo
karo's a punk..y the f is he gonna start some shit with nate for no reason?

ChosenOne10
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM
damnit, tonight was 2 new episodes. I thought it was only 1 and I was just going to catch the repeat at 11 which I am watching right now but it turns out it was new.

Gmunit
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM
agreed, Karo was being macho douche, wicked fighter though

jcflores
06-15-2007, 06:23 AM
damnit, tonight was 2 new episodes. I thought it was only 1 and I was just going to catch the repeat at 11 which I am watching right now but it turns out it was new.
I got lucky that I got home early from work, so I'm thankful I am watching one. What's funny is that Pulver got 10k for playing ping pong while I have played table tennis for over 10 yrs and don't think I have won 1k . Still I've gone to Europe, Usa and Mexico to compete so I guess I shouldn't complain that much

Legend
06-15-2007, 06:43 AM
The fight sucked and Karo is quickly falling off of my fav fighter list. He is acting like an arrogant asshole. Not just tonight but in his interviews and the way he has been carrying himself as of late.

Gmunit
06-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Gray looked good, but it then looked like he gave up

jcflores
06-15-2007, 06:59 AM
It was a good fight. Grey looked like he gassed out at round 2. Guess we are now seeing another family vs family fight a la gracie - shamrock, not saying it's got the same recognition but still I think this will be promoted this way in the future.

Krazikarl
06-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Yeah, it looked like Gray gave up to me too. He really stuck his neck way the hell out there. He either had the world's biggest brain cramp or he gave up.

Beatts35
06-15-2007, 07:12 AM
1st rnd was interesting. depending on ones opinion either may have taken it.
grey looked gassed. and he quit in the 2nd. he didn't resist or try to get out of the choke at all.

Dork8503
06-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Since Manny dry hummed Joe for 3 rounds i want Nate to break something. Nate wins via sub late first round

twankydawg
06-15-2007, 07:30 AM
I think Nate wins by using his height and reach to keep it standing and feeds Manny knees. It's not like he's got to raise his legs that high anyway. :grinsmile1:

Intellectual
06-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Karo, he's just being an Armenian. i'm an Armenian and i'll admit, we have very short tempers. i didn't watch the part where he gets pissed off so i dont know the reason but he's Armenian.

you guyz are hating on Manny. what was he suppose to do against Lauzon? Outsrike him? Submit him? Lauzon is a monster and Manny played it smart. LnP with GnP.

Intellectual
06-15-2007, 09:39 AM
and just to say again, Manny and Karo aren't cousins. they're just good friends. known each other since they were kids. both trained under the same coaches in Hayastan Grappling.

Ubermensch
06-15-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't think Manny played smart I think Joe played stupid. He could of subbed Manny so many times and didn't go for it. Plus at the end when he didn't put his hooks into many when he had his back again stupid. I like Joe so I just think it was an off day because I know the guy is better than that. Come on Manny is in his guard and he doesn't push off his thighs to get out he hooks and tries to Turtle him. Give me a break Manny is so short that's the last thing I would do.

a cool kid marjusunus k
06-15-2007, 10:46 AM
nate beats gray via guilateen

thumper
06-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh man this sucks.

I TiVo this stuff so I don't see it as it happens. Last week i was here and noticed there was back to backs. So i recorded both. Saw it again this morining and figured it was another encore so I didn't record it and now I've missed it.

this SUCKS. plus I gather Grey lost and I was hoping he'd win.

Intellectual
06-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh man this sucks.

I TiVo this stuff so I don't see it as it happens. Last week i was here and noticed there was back to backs. So i recorded both. Saw it again this morining and figured it was another encore so I didn't record it and now I've missed it.

this SUCKS. plus I gather Grey lost and I was hoping he'd win.

Gray was doing great, but he lost to the better fighter.

a cool kid marjusunus k
06-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Gray was doing great, but he lost to the better fighter.
hell no, nate is not the better fighter because he would be the suckiest all around if his jj was not awesome, he has one of the best jj i have ever seen. The sad thing is that it is all he supports his fighting on. JJ

Intellectual
06-15-2007, 11:36 AM
hell no, nate is not the better fighter because he would be the suckiest all around if his jj was not awesome, he has one of the best jj i have ever seen. The sad thing is that it is all he supports his fighting on. JJ

and that's what makes him the better fighter.

foutch550
06-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Dude...my thoughts exactly. It isnt like Nate just went off all of a sudden. He laughed off Karo's bullying bullshit several times, but really man...how many times you gonna let some cocky fuck grab you, slap you in the back of your head and basically punk you repeatedly in front of other fighters? I've participated in tournaments/seminars by Gokor Chivicyan (Karo's old camp) and have great respect for the way they handle themselves. I even met Manny too, who seems real down to earth. But the way Karo acted like such a punk bitch, I lost a shit-ton of respect for him. If the Karo/Fitch chitter-chatter works out, I hope Fitch beats his ass. I respect Karo's talent, but he has 0 class.

Beatts35
06-15-2007, 05:33 PM
and just to say again, Manny and Karo aren't cousins. they're just good friends. known each other since they were kids. both trained under the same coaches in Hayastan Grappling.

whether or not they are related. karo did reffer to manny as his blood.

AudieMurphy1
06-15-2007, 05:40 PM
told you manny was getting under estimated

anyway, both fights were great, props to both winners and even the losers who fought with heart and skill

ps fuck karo, he's a retard! I lost all respect for him.

Afro
06-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Karo, he's just being an Armenian. i'm an Armenian and i'll admit, we have very short tempers. i didn't watch the part where he gets pissed off so i dont know the reason but he's Armenian.

you guyz are hating on Manny. what was he suppose to do against Lauzon? Outsrike him? Submit him? Lauzon is a monster and Manny played it smart. LnP with GnP.
Ya I agree, I dont think its jus the short temper with him that I dont like though man, he acts like hes better then everyone else.. you can see it in his interviews, and even the show.. guys a prick.

as for Manny, ya what else was he suppose to do.. he won the fight the best way he could of won it.. Lauzon had better Jitz and striking then him.

But his JJ is great, and he is a better striker then Gray so yes Gray lost to the better fighter

ferris0913
06-15-2007, 06:23 PM
this blows. the two dickheads won. now we have to watch the lisp talking boring as fighter in Diaz, and friggin yoga singing chode lick in gamburyan, or however its spelled.

Steve88
06-15-2007, 06:46 PM
this blows. the two dickheads won. now we have to watch the lisp talking boring as fighter in Diaz, and friggin yoga singing chode lick in gamburyan, or however its spelled.
i could swear that i read a rule about fighter bashing?

ferris0913
06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
i could swear that i read a rule about fighter bashing?

everyone bashes on fighters. why the hell couldn't i?

Steve88
06-15-2007, 06:57 PM
everyone bashes on fighters. why the hell couldn't i?
because there is a huge difference in saying you don't like a guy than out n out smashing him with insults

ferris0913
06-15-2007, 07:23 PM
because there is a huge difference in saying you don't like a guy than out n out smashing him with insults

thats kinda a weak rule. besides i already read about 4-5 people calling Karo a "punk" or a "bitch" after what happened on last nights episode. thats bashing

Steve88
06-15-2007, 08:49 PM

this.. and sayin karo is an arrogant asshole for what he said on the show are quite different atleast imo.. but whatever im done.

rivethead
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't think Manny played smart I think Joe played stupid. He could of subbed Manny so many times and didn't go for it. Plus at the end when he didn't put his hooks into many when he had his back again stupid. I like Joe so I just think it was an off day because I know the guy is better than that. Come on Manny is in his guard and he doesn't push off his thighs to get out he hooks and tries to Turtle him. Give me a break Manny is so short that's the last thing I would do.

I totally agree...I was praying for a guillotine against the cage, and for him to sink hooks in when he got his back. I was also disappointed in BJ--he should have been yelling that shit from the corner, or at least between rounds, telling him to look for the guillotine against the fence. The opportunity was there in all three rounds.

thats kinda a weak rule. besides i already read about 4-5 people calling Karo a "punk" or a "bitch" after what happened on last nights episode. thats bashing

there's a difference between calling someone a punk and calling them a chode lick, or a fag, or saying they suck Dana's dick for favors--all of which you've said before. I'll leave it for the mods to sort out, but it makes you look like a clown.

Intellectual
06-15-2007, 09:12 PM
so i watched the beginning of the first episode from last night.

Karo was being a complete douchebag. i can see how he was joking around with Nate, but both Diaz brothers are just like Karo, they dont just fuck aroudn with anyone. i can see maybe if hew as joking around with someone else they wouldnt have taken it seriously, but cmon it was Nate Diaz

klev1
06-15-2007, 09:16 PM
You could tell Karo was pushing his buttons, he repeatedly kept slapping him in the back of the head. He just moved down from my top favorite fighters list.

Dan0
06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Easy there, Buckaroow.

ferris0913
06-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Easy there, Buckaroow.

i just read the rules, doesn't say i can't bash on fighters...just no flaming. but thats so vague, im sure that just means don't talk mess on other forum members...

Dan0
06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
i just read the rules, doesn't say i can't bash on fighters...just no flaming. but thats so vague, im sure that just means don't talk mess on other forum members...
I'm nobody. I'm not a Mod, just a member.

Just saying, take it easy. This is NOT Sherdog.

You are most welcome at this site. I want to hear/read your comments. Just take it easy, please.

a cool kid marjusunus k
06-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Ya I agree, I dont think its jus the short temper with him that I dont like though man, he acts like hes better then everyone else.. you can see it in his interviews, and even the show.. guys a prick.

as for Manny, ya what else was he suppose to do.. he won the fight the best way he could of won it.. Lauzon had better Jitz and striking then him.

But his JJ is great, and he is a better striker then Gray so yes Gray lost to the better fighter
no, i agree that nate is better, but he cannot strike what so ever. Example: cory vs nate, he got owned he won with his AWESOME, AWESOME JJ

perc10
06-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I hope Nate wins it all and Manny has to deliver pizzas

Kimuras"R"Us
06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I hope Nate destroys him. Manny won't be able to do that lay and pray shit, he'll end up in a million different subs if he tries to do the same thing he did against Joe.