PDA

View Full Version : Can we Get an offical MMANEWS CHAT ROOM BOONE

GracieAlumni
05-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Boone you could offer the people some serious discussions. instead of waiting hrs at a time to hear from someone. I mean you hardly find any good chatrooms for MMA. This could be a break through for all MMA followers.. Come on matt how hard could it be to put a chat room with Registered names so no one can steal you identity. Im sure it would be a hit and if not its just something else to offer... any one that agrees POST in THIS FORUM

Matt Boone
05-25-2006, 07:08 AM
We had one on the old site before our down time. We'll have another one soon because of the radio show. So, yeah we'll have a good chat room up sometime here soon.

killerinstinct
05-25-2006, 07:10 AM
good to hear.

GracieAlumni
05-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Thank GOD :)

arashikagepunishment
05-25-2006, 07:35 AM
that'll be awesome

Anthony
05-29-2006, 02:38 AM
There already is one on MMAnews.com

Afro
05-31-2006, 06:54 PM
a chat room would be awesome, everyone should hit it up during the PPVs.

Anthony
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Ahem.......there already is one.

killerinstinct
06-01-2006, 03:13 AM
that's a discussion board not a real chatroom.

Anthony
06-01-2006, 06:30 AM
This is a discussion board, the one on the main site is a chat room.

killerinstinct
06-01-2006, 07:05 AM
this is a forum.that's not a real chatroom there needs to be multiple rooms and no identity theft.

Matt Boone
06-01-2006, 10:36 PM
The thing on the posts on the main site isn't a discussion forum or a chat room. It's a comment script. We're working on a new one for the site that will be different on each post. The one we got now has the same comments on every post whether the post is on the boxing newsboard, UFC newsboard, PRIDE newsboard, or Other MMA newsboard.

In addition to that, we've got a similar script that Sherdog.com has on the main page where the top 10 threads or so from the forums here at forums.mmanews.com will be displayed on the main MMANews.com site and will update themselves automatically every 5 minutes.

We'll be launching that and a new poll script on the site here in the next day or so. Immediately after that we'll be debuting Luis Cruz's CFZ show now live on the internet (and still available on archives for free for those who can't catch it live) with a bunch of technical improvements. So we've got a lot going on on the site in the upcoming days/weeks.

It's funny Andrei Arlovski's camp actually just contacted us to sponsor him for the next Sylvia fight. We got writers from TATAME magazine out of Brazil wanting to write for the site, I just got hired for a start up MMA/boxing magazine as a writer, we've still got John Alessio's next two fights in the UFC sponsored with the MMANews.com t-shirt again, we'll be covering the upcoming WFA and Strikeforce shows, Cruz will be covering the upcoming IFL show where they're going to announce Miletich vs. Renzo for Miletich's comeback fight, and literally that's just the tip of the iceberg. We've got some really cool shit coming up guys.

Anthony
06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Fucking sweet man.

Matt Boone
06-13-2006, 04:58 AM
OFFICIAL CHAT ROOM IS SET UP

GO TO: http://www.mmanews.com/chat/

LA Suxs
06-13-2006, 10:03 AM
its so dead at 3 AM

killerinstinct
06-25-2006, 07:14 AM
its so dead at 3 AM
It's so dead almost all the time.

Matt Boone
06-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Gotta get together and come up with times to chat. Or if the forum or one particular subject is loaded and everyone is all over it, just tell them go to the chat for more instant communication.

Other than that, it's just for the radio show. We don't promote it anywhere on the main MMANews.com site, or even here on the forums - or any of the pro wrestling sites I have. So it'll probably be empty most of the time, unless there's a CFZ show on live or you guys all just pack the place randomly.

mattsoper
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
The thing on the posts on the main site isn't a discussion forum or a chat room. It's a comment script. We're working on a new one for the site that will be different on each post. The one we got now has the same comments on every post whether the post is on the boxing newsboard, UFC newsboard, PRIDE newsboard, or Other MMA newsboard.

In addition to that, we've got a similar script that Sherdog.com has on the main page where the top 10 threads or so from the forums here at forums.mmanews.com will be displayed on the main MMANews.com site and will update themselves automatically every 5 minutes.

We'll be launching that and a new poll script on the site here in the next day or so. Immediately after that we'll be debuting Luis Cruz's CFZ show now live on the internet (and still available on archives for free for those who can't catch it live) with a bunch of technical improvements. So we've got a lot going on on the site in the upcoming days/weeks.

It's funny Andrei Arlovski's camp actually just contacted us to sponsor him for the next Sylvia fight. We got writers from TATAME magazine out of Brazil wanting to write for the site, I just got hired for a start up MMA/boxing magazine as a writer, we've still got John Alessio's next two fights in the UFC sponsored with the MMANews.com t-shirt again, we'll be covering the upcoming WFA and Strikeforce shows, Cruz will be covering the upcoming IFL show where they're going to announce Miletich vs. Renzo for Miletich's comeback fight, and literally that's just the tip of the iceberg. We've got some really cool shit coming up guys.

wow that is amazing...so if arlovski wins...will he thank mmanews.com lol

Matt Boone
06-29-2006, 11:50 PM
No-no, we didn't sponsor Arlovski. We were asked to. We're still sponsoring John Alessio for his next 2 UFC fights. And besides, fighters can't thank MMA websites or anything like that anymore in UFC anyway. They can only thank Xzyience or approved sponsors.

Noise Chopped
09-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Chatroom's broken...Or something. Doesn't exist anymore, probably, haha.

I searched this section of the forum, 'cause I figured the chatroom deal had already been discussed and sure enough - It had.

Bummer, though. A lot of new members. No chatroom.

Howie
09-06-2008, 05:01 PM
theres actually a mmanews chat room on mIRC that has quite a few members in during PPV events. download mIRC, connect to the efnet server and then type /j #mmanews and u'll find it.

Howie
09-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Sure try this.

EFnet IRC Network Web Chat (http://chat.efnet.org/)

on that page enter your name, then on the channel spot, hit the drop down, click other, enter #enter, click ok, login

TriangleChoke
09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Howie someone should make a sticky for the chatroom. I could have sworn that smoogy did it a while back but maybe I'm just a little too boozed out today.

TriangleChoke
09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Yep Triangle, it was stickied for a while. I remember it too. And I am not boozed! :thumbsup:

hey man this is a perfect day for me. going to tailgate at 3, the football game starts at 6 so i'll be at the stadium watching that, THEN UFC tonight so hellllllll yeeeeeeaaaaaa it's going to be a good day

Howie
09-06-2008, 08:18 PM
looks like triangle is gonna be good and drunk tonight......

:)

it's sticked in the UFC 88 Spoilers forum

atj-lucko
04-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Did triangles account get deleted or something?

Yeah?:confusedsmilie:

It's so sad such a great posters account get deleted..

Trodden
04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Do you know what happened?

Palma
04-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Do you know what happened?

He went too far.

atj-lucko
04-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I never seen him go too far in any post.

Also wonder why is GracieAlumni was banned? that was in 2006 forgot that whole thing.

neonatural45
04-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Also wonder why is GracieAlumni was banned? that was in 2006 forgot that whole thing.

Racist comments I do believe

atj-lucko
04-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Racist comments I do believe
For this:

Originally Posted by GracieAlumni
yep sure do NOT... thats why i am the way i am i grew up around blacks that think the world ows them something well Fuck that shit and they should have been slaves for a long time.. thats why you dont see many black MMA guys that are worth a fuck.

ok now I remember.. I think he's at spot now.. or someone using his gif

So why Triangle and Bullock?