PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones to fight Jermain Taylor!!!

Punk Ass
04-07-2007, 04:29 AM
RJJ said on Friday night fights today that he plans to fight Jermain Taylor on September 21!! What the hell are your thoughts???

I don't know what to say :confusedsmilie:

Afro
04-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Why Wont He Retire!?!?!?!?!?

Punk Ass
04-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Why Wont He Retire!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know, but at least I don't think he will get Koed. JT doesn't have Tarver power and I think RJJ has a chance.

Afro
04-07-2007, 05:08 AM
I don't know, but at least I don't think he will get Koed. JT doesn't have Tarver power and I think RJJ has a chance.
Dependso n how he reinvents himself cuz I say Tarver is overrated I know Tarver is a gold medalist but so is Calvin Brock ya know? I think Tarver has a ton of technique problem, a prime RJJ would school him it wouldnt even go 8 rounds, a close to out of prime RJJ would beat him, but the RJJ now? he would lose.. I mean Taylor beat Bhop twice.. controversial fights? sure since a lot feel he lost atleast one of those fights but its boxing.. everyones a judge in boxing!
he did go to a draw vs Winky even though I felt Winky beat him, these are boxers that would beat RJJ at the moment, unless RJJ can redefine his speed I dont see what edge he would have that Winky and Bhop had that he could bring into this fight.

Punk Ass
04-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Dependso n how he reinvents himself cuz I say Tarver is overrated I know Tarver is a gold medalist but so is Calvin Brock ya know? I think Tarver has a ton of technique problem, a prime RJJ would school him it wouldnt even go 8 rounds, a close to out of prime RJJ would beat him, but the RJJ now? he would lose.. I mean Taylor beat Bhop twice.. controversial fights? sure since a lot feel he lost atleast one of those fights but its boxing.. everyones a judge in boxing!
he did go to a draw vs Winky even though I felt Winky beat him, these are boxers that would beat RJJ at the moment, unless RJJ can redefine his speed I dont see what edge he would have that Winky and Bhop had that he could bring into this fight.

I agree but I just hope he can find something in himself to be the old RJJ for at least one fight.

Dork8503
04-07-2007, 05:55 AM
this is awsome, do you know what weight it will be fought at. Im going to go out on a limb and say Roy takes this.

Luis Cruz
04-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Taylor takes a very clear decision. ROy can only fight in spurts now and that's not going to fly against a young workhorse like Taylor. Roy sits back to much now and allows himself to get hit, that's when Taylor has shown to be the busiest in fights. Taylor takes this easy and maybe even a late stoppage. Roy might tag him a couple times when he lets his hands go in those spurts every 4 rounds but it definitely won't be enough and he won't stop Taylor. Taylor vs Miranda and Taylor vs Abraham need to happen then he can stay at 168lbs.

Punk Ass
04-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Taylor takes a very clear decision. ROy can only fight in spurts now and that's not going to fly against a young workhorse like Taylor. Roy sits back to much now and allows himself to get hit, that's when Taylor has shown to be the busiest in fights. Taylor takes this easy and maybe even a late stoppage. Roy might tag him a couple times when he lets his hands go in those spurts every 4 rounds but it definitely won't be enough and he won't stop Taylor. Taylor vs Miranda and Taylor vs Abraham need to happen then he can stay at 168lbs.

I know RJJ had explosive power at MW so I don't think Taylor can take his power. Hell RJJ KOed LHWs so if Roy get a good punch in, it's lights out. The only thing Roy need to do is not come in there too cautious. I think he has a chance.

Luis Cruz
04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I know RJJ had explosive power at MW so I don't think Taylor can take his power. Hell RJJ KOed LHWs so if Roy get a good punch in, it's lights out. The only thing Roy need to do is not come in there too cautious. I think he has a chance.

Lights out?? lol Taylor got a solid chin which he's showed already and Roy might have power but he's not busy enough to finish someone like Taylor and i wouldn't say he has one punch knockout power to get Taylor out of there like that. Taylor is a big MW so 168 will be at home for him. Roy won't make 168 with ease at this point in his career so that's another negative, his cardio might be a factor. Roy isn't winning this fight, sorry homie. :afro:

Lard
04-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Taylor isn't a huge puncher but then Jones hasn't got a great chin as evidenced in recent fights and I don't think he has the reflexes he once had to keep himself out of trouble.

Would like to see Taylor stepping up and taking on Calzaghe or even Kessler. Calzaghe will take Manfredo to school tonight.

Salvy_Mic
04-07-2007, 09:57 PM
I see Taylor moving up as soon as he fights the winner of Miranda/Pavlik. I'd also like to see him fight Abraham, but I don't think that'll happen before he decides to move up. A fight with Calzaghe is attractive, as is a fight with Kessler, and that's if Calzaghe and Kessler don't fight each other first.

As for the supposed Jones fight, I won't believe it until RJJ sits still and signs something first. And if that happens, Taylor outhustles RJJ to a clear decision.

Luis Cruz
04-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I see Taylor moving up as soon as he fights the winner of Miranda/Pavlik. I'd also like to see him fight Abraham, but I don't think that'll happen before he decides to move up. A fight with Calzaghe is attractive, as is a fight with Kessler, and that's if Calzaghe and Kessler don't fight each other first.

As for the supposed Jones fight, I won't believe it until RJJ sits still and signs something first. And if that happens, Taylor outhustles RJJ to a clear decision.

Pavlik is the one i forgot, i knew there was another. Not sure he beats Miranda though. It should be Abraham, then Miranda, then Pavlik at MW. Then move up and take on Kessler and/or Calzaghe if he's still there or around. He's another Hatton with who and when he's fighting, you just never know and it's usually the 5th name thrown out there so i won't hold my breath for that. Taylor's young and has plenty of time to do all these fights and if he gets by them that would be extremely impressive and would put him on top or very high on the p4p list depending on how the others are or have done.

Oh and i hope Peter wins in a few. I like his attitude a lot, a very positive person and a warrior. Lots of balls taking this fight. I think he's going to get massacred but i hope he pulls it off.

Punk Ass
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Lights out?? lol Taylor got a solid chin which he's showed already and Roy might have power but he's not busy enough to finish someone like Taylor and i wouldn't say he has one punch knockout power to get Taylor out of there like that. Taylor is a big MW so 168 will be at home for him. Roy won't make 168 with ease at this point in his career so that's another negative, his cardio might be a factor. Roy isn't winning this fight, sorry homie. :afro:

I've seen Roy KO many of person with a solid chin, Taylor's hasn't really been tested yet IMO. Bernard doesn't have one punch KO power and Winky has feather fists.

Don't get me wrong, all signs point towards RJJ getting his ass handed to him and yes I am being a little biased but I havent forgot!!!!!! RJJ was one of the greatest in our time and maybe one day he might give it one more last ditch effort, and show what made him the P4P best at one time.

Dork8503
04-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I think Roy has 1 or 2 good fights left in him. I dont see Taylor finishing Roy but i can see Roy finishing Taylor. I am hoping the real Roy comes back for 1 last fight, an that this fight is it.

Salvy_Mic
04-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Miranda/Pavlik is a title eliminator, making the winner Taylor's mandatory. That's why Taylor would most likely fight his mandatory before he tries to unify with Abraham at MW.

Right now, I'm not even worried about anything Jones wants to do or says he wants to do. He's so flaky in that regard, you can't take anything seriously until it's put in ink. He seriously thinks he's still the sort of superstar that could command whatever amount of money he wants when his last couple of fights haven't showed he's anywhere near his previous level of excellence.

Taylor's in a good spot right now. A fight with anyone of Miranda, Pavlik, or Abraham is an excellent HBO fight, as is a fight if he moves up against either Calzaghe or Kessler. He's not PPV material yet, but if he earns solid wins against at least 3 of the 5 guys I mentioned, he'll be right at the cusp, and could definitely make PPV with a rematch against Wright, especially if Wright beats Hopkins.

smoogy
04-10-2007, 04:45 AM
The most obvious scenario is that the fight gets called off because Jones asks for more money at the last moment.

billbrasky
04-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Dont ever believe a fight with rjj is happening unless he has signed the contract, and even then be a little cautious. Just last week he backed out of a showtime fight against super middleweight up and comer Anthony handshaw at the last minute, embarrassing and humialitating showtime, lou dibella, and gary shaw, hanshaws promoter. The guy is an arrogant asshole who needs to learn he doesnt have the same leverage at the bargaining table that he used to have before he got knocked unconscious in two straight fights.

matto
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
poor roy, i like him, knowing how good he is at basketball is cool to see how he can be great at 2 sports, but he has the size and power in this fight, but it ends there. will make a sweet fight anyways. im picking dlh for the upcomming fight, who r u guys picking? not being bias but mayweather has an additude that i dont like at all but he is a great boxer no dobut but will be beat by dlh and maybe he will humble up.

lemmings999
04-14-2007, 03:20 PM
rjj also wants calzaghe in july
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6548207.stm

Jones keen to fill Calzaghe void

Jones Jr was once seen as the world's best pound-for-pound
Former four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr says he is ready to end Joe Calzaghe's search for a big-name opponent for a July bout.
"I've got July wide open and I'd fight at 168lbs in the UK or the USA," Jones, 38, told BBC Sport Wales.

Livebyit_Fightbyit
04-21-2007, 07:40 AM
I could see myself shelling out the money for this fight. im a bgi RJJ fan and hope that he does come back to form. But if he doesn't i see taylor backing up and luring Roy in for the full fight. But if Roy can press the action and make JT work for it I think he has a real good chance.

hhhshane
04-21-2007, 08:55 AM
it will be a good fight

eazye76
05-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Roy has been a great fighter, hope he's ready for Jermain.

LebenTysonTank
05-04-2007, 02:54 AM
I think Roy has 1 or 2 good fights left in him. I dont see Taylor finishing Roy but i can see Roy finishing Taylor. I am hoping the real Roy comes back for 1 last fight, an that this fight is it.

LOL u crack me up buddy.Taylor has never been finished and Glass Jaw Jr. can go out with one punch very easily as you may have seen.To be the old Roy Jones he only needs one thing...a time machine.Because what made him great was his speed and reflexes when that slowed down he got hit...and when he got hit he got knocked the fuck out.And ever since then he's been fighting like a scared rabbit,hell he had Tarver hurt in the 5th round of there third fight and didnt pursue it because he didnt want to engage in a battle and wind up waking up not knowing where he is again...so instead he just tried to upstage Michael Jackson the whole night and didnt even fight until the bell and was content to just let Tarver win.Taylor has beat just as good competition in his career as Jones has...Jones just looks more physically gifted.Taylor puts a jab in his face that Jones eventually stops dancing around and gets nailed with straight right that sends his ass into retirement and back doing rap videos.

LebenTysonTank
05-04-2007, 03:01 AM
rjj also wants calzaghe in july
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6548207.stm

Jones keen to fill Calzaghe void

Jones Jr was once seen as the world's best pound-for-pound
Former four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr says he is ready to end Joe Calzaghe's search for a big-name opponent for a July bout.
"I've got July wide open and I'd fight at 168lbs in the UK or the USA," Jones, 38, told BBC Sport Wales.
Now that i'd be interested to see because Calzone (thats what i call him) is an over rated piece of garbage with feather fists to the likes of which I have never seen.Even Glass Jaw Jr. can't be knocked out by this clown.

Transworld
05-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I think Taylor is smart taking a big money fight like this. He said last year that he was not going to fight much longer. Taylor said he would only fight a few more good fights and retire and enjoy his life. Don't be surprised if Taylor retires in 2007.

handlprodigy
05-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Rj actually has an alphabet title right now, so he has a 1 fight winning 'streak'. this fight will NEVER happen, but if it does... RJ is still drastically faster than JT and he does have a bigger punch. JT is busier but he's so basic that defending against him is dramatically easier. his whole offense is essentially a series of 1 2s. you've never seen JT look good in a big fight... jones by close but unanimous decision.

Salvy_Mic
05-20-2007, 08:16 AM
This fight will never happen, Jones is too much of a flake and is gonna want way too much money. Taylor must fight Kelly Pavlik next, that is his mandatory, and given how bad Taylor's performance against Spinks was and how impressive Pavlik looked against Miranda, Taylor has no business challenging guys like Jones or Calzaghe until he fights, and defeats, Pavlik.
For the record, seeing how much trouble Taylor had against Spinks, I don't think he has much of a chance against Calzaghe. Unlike Spinks, Calzaghe will actually make Taylor feel his punches. Calzaghe/Taylor looks similar, IMO, to Calzaghe/Lacy. In the meantime, Calzaghe should fight Mikkel Kessler, but if Calzaghe watched his the Taylor/Spinks fight, than he must really want to fight Taylor.

SimpleJack
05-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Now that i'd be interested to see because Calzone (thats what i call him) is an over rated piece of garbage with feather fists to the likes of which I have never seen.Even Glass Jaw Jr. can't be knocked out by this clown.
Now that's funny. Calzaghe has beaten everybody in front of him and dominated everyone who was supposed to test him. Come on. Garbage?? The dude is a world champ and a deserving one.

Punk Ass
05-20-2007, 04:17 PM
For the record, seeing how much trouble Taylor had against Spinks, I don't think he has much of a chance against Calzaghe.

In Taylors defense, Spinks is a great boxer. He would give any fighter trouble. His only problem is his power and that retarded as trainer. Instead of telling spinks what to do to win the fight, he keeps on telling speaks to Bing Bing....Bing Bing. WTF is that?

Anywayz, I'm glad spinks didn't get blown out of the water because he would be very dominant at JMW, and WW. I don't think anyone can beat him besides PBF, DLH, and SSM. He is the JMW champion of the world, and gave JT all he could handle, so give him some credit.

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Once Calzaghe beats Kessler I would like him to start taking on other big names. One thing I hate is people taking on huge money bouts before they take out everyone in their division. Moving up or down to fight for big money should be something a fighter does after he takes out all the competition at one division, otherwise it can be perceived that a fighter is ducking an opponent. As far as Taylor goes, after his last two fights I don't see a way around fighting Pavlik. Another performance like those 2 and he won't be a big money fighter. Even though Pavlik wont make him the money a move up to face calzaghe would, a fight with Pavlik would get him a possible fight of the year and cement him as THE top MW

SimpleJack
05-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Pavlik looked indestructible at times last night, but I just don't see him beating Taylor. Jermain's game doesn't have the glaring holes in it that Miranda does. I think Calzaghe will kill Taylor just like he did Lacy.

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Pavlik looked beatable in the first couple rounds of his last fight but I just can't see how Taylor can not take on Pavlik now.

LebenTysonTank
05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Now that's funny. Calzaghe has beaten everybody in front of him and dominated everyone who was supposed to test him. Come on. Garbage?? The dude is a world champ and a deserving one.

Hes dominated the weakest division in boxing,with Lacy being the only crowning achievement.If he was fighting good fighters at 175 or 160 he would be just average.The guy can NOT I repeat can NOT beat Taylor.Taylor is a far better boxer then Lacy so it wouldn't go nearly the same way.Taylors jab is one of the best I've ever seen when he uses it right.

Punk Ass
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Nobody can beat Taylor except for the obvious choice. Winky, and he can't seem to do it. Pavlik isn't all that, he's just a very long fighter but so is Taylor. If B Hop and Winky couldn't beat Taylor, neither can Pavlik IMO.

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Hes dominated the weakest division in boxing,with Lacy being the only crowning achievement.If he was fighting good fighters at 175 or 160 he would be just average.The guy can NOT I repeat can NOT beat Taylor.Taylor is a far better boxer then Lacy so it wouldn't go nearly the same way.Taylors jab is one of the best I've ever seen when he uses it right,but yes I do agree he needs a new trainer to make him more versatile.

I dont mean this as a diragotary statement towards you at all but being a leben fan I would think that you would realize everyone has at least a punchers chance and Calzaghe has much more than a punchers chance. To make a Taylor fight work financially it would have to occur in GB somewhere and look what happened to Manfredo when he tried venturing into Calzaghe's backyard. I would imagine Taylor would be favored and I would guess he would win but with all the factors behind this fight you cant say he has no shot.

LebenTysonTank
05-21-2007, 02:56 AM
I dont mean this as a diragotary statement towards you at all but being a leben fan I would think that you would realize everyone has at least a punchers chance and Calzaghe has much more than a punchers chance. To make a Taylor fight work financially it would have to occur in GB somewhere and look what happened to Manfredo when he tried venturing into Calzaghe's backyard. I would imagine Taylor would be favored and I would guess he would win but with all the factors behind this fight you cant say he has no shot.

A.Calzaghe isn't a puncher. B.What happened to Manfredo?? The referee stopped the fight for what reason exactly?? Calzaghe throwing to many soft punches that DIDN'T even land?!? P.S. Manfredo is a bum and Calzaghe is a bigger bum for fighting him when there are plenty better challengers for him to fight.But you are right anyone has a shot to win on any given day

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Yea I know he isnt a puncher but a shot can land. And the poor stoppage was my point, if the fights in england then he has a home town advantage. Also, if Calzaghe is a bum for taking a fight basically for financial reasons then 75% of our champions are bums

SimpleJack
05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I respect everybody's opinion here, but I guarantee Calzaghe will run through Taylor. Taylor is grossly overrated. He didn't even beat Hopkins either time in my opinion. He didn't beat Winky. His jab is ok, but it it's the best you've ever seen, you obviously don't watch a lot of boxing.

Also, Calzaghe is a VOLUME puncher. He was putting on a clinic for Manfredo (Who is horrible) and the fight was going to end with him getting brain damage.

Joe and Hatton always get shit on by the American media and then they tear through the "Contenders" like Joe did Lacy.

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
How some1 can say ricky isnt great is beyond me... Ask Kostya how good the hitman is

Salvy_Mic
05-21-2007, 06:22 PM
We'll also see how good Hatton is when he takes on Castillo. I think he's very good right now, if he beats Castillo, he becomes great to excellent.

As of right now, I would take Calzaghe via comprehensive clinic decision over Taylor, Kessler via brutal late round stoppage over Taylor, and Pavlik via either late round stoppage or close decision.

I've also heard people want to see Pavlik, rather than Taylor, move up to fight Calzaghe and Kessler. As much as I like Pavlik, I don't think he's ready for either one of them at this point in his career. Calzaghe would be the fastest, slickest, smartest boxer Pavlik has ever fought in his career, and Kessler is basically a bigger, more experienced, more technically sound version of Pavlik. If I were Bob Arum, I'd try as hard as possible to get Pavlik in the ring with Taylor, and should he win there, proceed to unify the belts at middleweight and defend against all comers until after a Calzaghe/Kessler fight. Then take on the winner if everything is lined up correctly. By then, Pavlik would be a bonafide star, a dominant champion, and with the resume and credentials to make a serious run at the top 10 P4P.

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree with everything you said except for Pavlik over Taylor. Granted I have only seen Pavlik fight twice I find it hard to dismiss what Taylor has done in the ring. Pavlik owned Miranda because he was a brawler and he knocked out Zertucce because of Zertucce's willingness to take a punch. In these 2 fights I have yet to see anything that would make me say difinitively that Pavlik would win. I would def. root for him but I would say it is at best 50-50 for Pavlik.

LebenTysonTank
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Yea I know he isnt a puncher but a shot can land. And the poor stoppage was my point, if the fights in england then he has a home town advantage. Also, if Calzaghe is a bum for taking a fight basically for financial reasons then 75% of our champions are bums
The difference is he is at the end of his career and has yet to prove anything.according to him he is going to end his "legacy" soon lmao.Mayweather could have rather fought Williams,Cotto,Hatton,Margarito etc.But the difference is Oscar is a worthy opponent and Mayweather has fought and beat so many great fighters before him.Name one other fighter that you consider great that fought his whole career fighting B class fighters and then got big paydays from bums on his way out.

LebenTysonTank
05-21-2007, 07:16 PM
His jab is ok, but it it's the best you've ever seen, you obviously don't watch a lot of boxing.

Also, Calzaghe is a VOLUME puncher. He was putting on a clinic for Manfredo (Who is horrible) and the fight was going to end with him getting brain damage.

Joe and Hatton always get shit on by the American media and then they tear through the "Contenders" like Joe did Lacy.

Dude believe me I don't want to get into my dicks bigger then yours etc,I've watched more boxing then you etc,but just know a lot of people in my family are boxers I grew up in a boxing family and I've been watching boxing when most kids were watching sesame street.I watched Taylor ever since the begining of his career and knew he was the one who was going to dethrone Hopkins.I said it was one of the best I've ever seen when he uses it right.Brain Damage?! ROFL his punches are so damn soft I'm surprised he doesn't have Charmin knocking down his door for a commercial sponsor.Calzaghe has beat Lacy and thats it!!! And Lacy hasn't even beaten anyone himself!!Hatton is like a little John Ruiz...tore through contenders?? Besides an old KT in friggin England who else?!? He almost lost to frigggin Collazo,so please don't act as if Hatton isn't over rated.If he gets past JLC I will give him his due %100 as a good fighter.Can he pray of beating Mayweather?? NO.We'll see how he matches up with the rest of the Jr. Welterweights IF he can get past JLC.

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 07:29 PM
The difference is he is at the end of his career and has yet to prove anything.according to him he is going to end his "legacy" soon lmao.Mayweather could have rather fought Williams,Cotto,Hatton,Margarito etc.But the difference is Oscar is a worthy opponent and Mayweather has fought so and beat so many great fighters before him.Name one other fighter that you consider great that fought his whole career fighting B class fighters and then got big paydays from bums on his way out.

There was a time after RJJR beat BHop and Toney that people talked shit about him not facing anyone either. Seriously who has Calzaghe ducked? And besides beating an old BHop and "beating" winky what has Taylor done that is so great? Now basic grammar laws make me think that you are saying Mayweather has only fought b class fighters but common sense tells me that you are saying Calzaghe has only fought b level fighters. I dont disagree that he hasnt fought the best of the best but besides Kessler who else will he fight in that division? And I respect your knowledge of the sport but if you mean Mayweather has only fought b class fighters then I am speechless.

LebenTysonTank
05-21-2007, 07:40 PM
no i thought maybe you were refering to mayweather taking the big money fight with oscar instead of fighting contenders.Mayweather has fought A class fighters and is a A+ fighter himself.

Thaistylist
05-21-2007, 10:08 PM
No way...PBF is one of my fav fighters and Oscar was a more than capable fighter. I just mean most champions first look at the financial reward rather than wanting to prove themselves. This does not go for all fighters but alot of them are in it for the money and I think that is one of the problems right now

SimpleJack
05-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Dude believe me I don't want to get into my dicks bigger then yours etc,I've watched more boxing then you etc,but just know a lot of people in my family are boxers I grew up in a boxing family and I've been watching boxing when most kids were watching sesame street.I watched Taylor ever since the begining of his career and knew he was the one who was going to dethrone Hopkins.I said it was one of the best I've ever seen when he uses it right.Brain Damage?! ROFL his punches are so damn soft I'm surprised he doesn't have Charmin knocking down his door for a commercial sponsor.Calzaghe has beat Lacy and thats it!!! And Lacy hasn't even beaten anyone himself!!Hatton is like a little John Ruiz...tore through contenders?? Besides an old KT in friggin England who else?!? He almost lost to frigggin Collazo,so please don't act as if Hatton isn't over rated.If he gets past JLC I will give him his due %100 as a good fighter.Can he pray of beating Mayweather?? NO.We'll see how he matches up with the rest of the Jr. Welterweights IF he can get past JLC.
Obviously you're incredibly biased against both. I guess that's your prerogative. I won't even lend myself to commenting on most of your post because it can be attributed to that. I will say this, though: Hatton beat the shit out of Tszyu and if you say that isn't much of an accomplishment, tell Zab Judah that. When he slaughters JLC, (Which MAYWEATHER COULDN'T DO) I'll be happy to hear you give him your "Respect".

Obviously you didn't see the Manfredo fight or you have no idea what you're actually saying, either way, Calzaghe only threw the softer punches at the end to get the ref to step in. Happens in MMA all the time. And if his punches are so soft, what the hell happened to Lacy everytime they exchanged???? A guy who was rumored to have a good chin too. Call it what you want, he's retiring undefeated and as champion because no one is going to beat him.

Taylor's jab is, once again, average at best. And, if you predicted him beating BHop, you gave him too much credit because he definitely didn't win the first fight. Don't worry, though, he's paper thin and will lose that belt as soon as he stops fighting undersized challengers.

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM
"Obviously you're incredibly biased against both. I guess that's your prerogative. "

Actually I hate Mayweather,and I do like Ricky,but he isn't in Mayweathers league.

"I won't even lend myself to commenting on most of your post because it can be attributed to that. "

translation:I cant come up with a good argument for anything you said.

"I will say this, though: Hatton beat the shit out of Tszyu and if you say that isn't much of an accomplishment, tell Zab Judah that. When he slaughters JLC, (Which MAYWEATHER COULDN'T DO) I'll be happy to hear you give him your "Respect"."

I will like I said give him respect...I'm sorry "Respect" quotations and all,and
Mayweather quite thoroughly dominated JLC in there second fight.

"Obviously you didn't see the Manfredo fight or you have no idea what you're actually saying, either way, Calzaghe only threw the softer punches at the end to get the ref to step in. Happens in MMA all the time. And if his punches are so soft, what the hell happened to Lacy everytime they exchanged???? "

Yes I saw the Manfredo "fight" if thats what you want to call it.Soft punches? Maybe you should rewatch it and see that the punches arent even TOUCHING him.Manfredo was NEVER HURT and the only brain damage he could have encountered is listening to Calzaghe post fight interview about another masterful performance.

"A guy who was rumored to have a good chin too. Call it what you want, he's retiring undefeated and as champion because no one is going to beat him."

Not in the super middleweight division..because THERE ISNT ANYONE IN THE DIVISION ITS A GHOST TOWN BAAABY! Lets see what happens at 160 or 175!!

"Taylor's jab is, once again, average at best. And, if you predicted him beating BHop, you gave him too much credit because he definitely didn't win the first fight. Don't worry, though, he's paper thin and will lose that belt as soon as he stops fighting undersized challengers."

Your knowledge of boxing is average at best.Taylor won that fight 7 rounds to 5 EASY,unless you want to look for a reason to give the fight to B Hop and make a 10-8. :blink: The next fight he won 8 to 4 if not 9 to 3. So which genuinely sized challenger is going to stop him?? Winky is the only possibility,other then that like Taylor said...money in the bank.

kickbox
05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
"Obviously you're incredibly biased against both. I guess that's your prerogative. "

Actually I hate Mayweather,and I do like Ricky,but he isn't in Mayweathers league.

"I won't even lend myself to commenting on most of your post because it can be attributed to that. "

"I will say this, though: Hatton beat the shit out of Tszyu and if you say that isn't much of an accomplishment, tell Zab Judah that. When he slaughters JLC, (Which MAYWEATHER COULDN'T DO) I'll be happy to hear you give him your "Respect"."

I will like I said give him respect...I'm sorry "Respect" quotations and all,and
Mayweather quite thoroughly dominated JLC in there second fight.

"Obviously you didn't see the Manfredo fight or you have no idea what you're actually saying, either way, Calzaghe only threw the softer punches at the end to get the ref to step in. Happens in MMA all the time. And if his punches are so soft, what the hell happened to Lacy everytime they exchanged???? "

Yes I saw the Manfredo "fight" if thats what you want to call it.Soft punches? Maybe you should rewatch it and see that the punches arent even TOUCHING him.Manfredo was NEVER HURT and the only brain damage he could have encountered is listening to Calzaghe post fight interview about another masterful performance.

"A guy who was rumored to have a good chin too. Call it what you want, he's retiring undefeated and as champion because no one is going to beat him."

Not in the super middleweight division..because THERE ISNT ANYONE IN THE DIVISION ITS A GHOST TOWN BAAABY! Lets see what happens at 160 or 175!!

"Taylor's jab is, once again, average at best. And, if you predicted him beating BHop, you gave him too much credit because he definitely didn't win the first fight. Don't worry, though, he's paper thin and will lose that belt as soon as he stops fighting undersized challengers."

Your knowledge of boxing is average at best.Taylor won that fight 7 rounds to 5 EASY,unless you want to look for a reason to give the fight to B Hop and make a 10-8. :blink: The next fight he won 8 to 4 if not 9 to 3. So which genuinely sized challenger is going to stop him?? Winky is the only possibility,other then that like Taylor said...money in the bank.

Id say Taylor takes this i just have a feeling about this.:grinsmile1:

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Who has Lacy beat?? Omar SSheika? Syd Vanderpool? Ol Scotty P? What career defining fight has Lacy given that makes a victory over him so special

kickbox
05-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Who has Lacy beat?? Omar SSheika? Syd Vanderpool? Ol Scotty P? What career defining fight has Lacy given that makes a victory over him so special

wow dude relax i get what your saying and your right we are all wrong sorry.

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 01:04 AM
wow dude relax i get what your saying and your right we are all wrong sorry.

this is a message board,im right and your wrong is what its all about.

kickbox
05-22-2007, 01:09 AM
this is a message board,im right and your wrong is what its all about.

Taylor>> you know he can beat Jones!!

SimpleJack
05-22-2007, 03:38 AM

Actually that was in reference to your coming from a "Boxing Family". LOL. But that's ok. You are entitled to your opinion, albeit a misinformed one of a person who touts their name as "LEBENTYSONTANK" all vastly overrated fighters who have lost to any legitimate contender they have ever fought....COLLECTIVELY. But you go on with your Juggalo crap and your banter about how informed you are on boxing. When you want to have a serious discussion without BS inferences and discounting of the accomplishments of a CHAMPION and a CLASSY FIGHTER, I will be more than happy. But, until then, I will take this with a grain of salt.

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
when did i ever go on with "Juggalo crap"?? Those fighters happen to be fighters Im a fan of..is there something wrong with that? I guess I can only be a fan of the fighters that are #1? I think thats called bandwagon fans. Sorry you got all pussy hurt,but this shows you have absolutely no knowledge of anything since you had to make this a personal battle for no reason and throw undeserved insults at me.Yes dude people in my family are boxers my dad was golden gloves and so was my grandfather,everyone in my family is a fan of boxing...is that weird or spectacularly unbelievable?? Sorry I guess maybe your from England is why you took it so close to home...this is the reason we had to have our own country.

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 04:25 AM
is your wife cheating on you or something? Why so much anger from nowhere? It seems flame wars come to me...although im going to try and hold myself back from arguing with this snobby ass dickface.

Dork8503
05-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Taylor is not a great boxer, he lost that fight to Winky but what ever. He looked like shit in his past 2 fights. Against smaller guys that he should have been able to beat with ease. He is not a tech boxer he just likes to throw lots of punches. I would be very shocked if he fought 2 deserving challengers and walked away the winner. If he steps up to fight Joe he will lose. Didn't you hear the way they were talking about how Taylors manager is ducking solid MW. Thats because they know he would lose.
Jeff Lacey is a good boxer. He has looked like shit lately but he is still a good boxer.

To say Taylor easily won 7 rounds to 5 is just goofy.

If seen a lot of negative comments from lebentysontank but its his opinion.
just like mine is Tank is one of the worst fighters to ever fight mma and is a bum. Leben will never be anything and Tyson he was actually very very good i have nothing to say bad about him an boxing.

Salvy_Mic
05-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Good news, the WBC is doing something right in regards to a Taylor/Pavlik fight. They've ruled that if Taylor's next fight isn't against Pavlik, he'll be stripped of his title. Not only that, but Bob Arum has placed a hold on the Thomas & Mack Center for Sep. 22. The article is on maxboxing.com, but then again, this was in an interview with Pavlik, his manager, and Arum. We never know if Arum is making stuff up, but this sounds reasonable to me. Pavlik is the rightful mandatory, and he's ranked #1, I believe, by all the major sanctioning bodies.

SimpleJack
05-22-2007, 12:02 PM
is your wife cheating on you or something? Why so much anger from nowhere? It seems flame wars come to me...although im going to try and hold myself back from arguing with this snobby ass dickface.
Let me address this stuff the best I can.

1. I am definitely American, so American I live in Indiana.

2. I still get a chuckle out of you saying that you're from a "Boxing Family", I don't know, it just makes me think of going to breakfast and everyone wearing gloves and kids in head gear. That's why I laughed at it. Kind of a ridiculous statement.

3. I've heard you throw around that Juggalo crap and I find it a direct reflection of your brain capacity.

4. The Leben, Tyson, Tank comment: See #3.

5. I wasn't flaming you and taking any of it personally, actually I was still lalughing about how you can't give any props to Hatton or Calzaghe.

6. I told you twice that I supported your opinion. Snobby dickface? Snappy come back.

7. I actually gave you props in another thread right after I typed my last comment. I must not have been actively seeking you out, just disagreeing with you.

8. My fiance is not cheating on me, to my knowledge at least, and if she is, great. It will give me an excuse to throw her ass out and find someone who speaks no English and knows how to clean.

9. Taylor lost to Winky and Hopkins in the first fight. The second fight was probably 7-5 for Taylor, but that's being generous. Maybe you should consider turning off the commentary and watching the fights without distraction.

10. I never personally attacked you, I pointed out the overrated status of your fighters, your Juggalo banter, and your BS inferences. Never once did I ever resort to simple name-calling, character attacks, statements about your pussy hurting or anything likewise. So you can check that at the door.

11. My knowledge of boxing is deep, educated, and unbiased. I've been boxing personally, spectating in person, and watching every top fight since I was 13, I'm 31 now, you do the math. (Thank God for Dish Network "Crack" cards)

Have a nice day.

Thaistylist
05-22-2007, 05:53 PM

You get in flame wars because even when people argree with you I have seen you argue with them. (and that pisses most people off) Personally, I don't really care when you argue with me because it gives me something to do but sometimes you resort to pety insults when; in all reality; very few of us know anything about eachother on here.

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
OK here we go...callin the Taylor B Hop fight 7 to 5 isnt ridiculous because...hmm obviously the guys who get paid to make that decision know more then you and they rules it in Taylors favor. Lampley,Merchant,Steward stated that they feel Taylor won the fight,and I believe Lederman had him ahead 7 to 5.
(not positive on that one) Hopkins landed more accurately but Taylor landed MORE and stayed a lot busier. You cant win a fight pot shotting 1 punch and only landing a couple punches a round I don't care how hard they are if a guy a chasing you around the ring staying active even if the punches are hitting shoulder they win the fight. "3. I've heard you throw around that Juggalo crap and I find it a direct reflection of your brain capacity." Ok then THAT IS personally insulting me and calling me stupid something which I DID NOT do to you,sure I ripped on feather fists and made a statement saying Hatton isn't as good as you think he is.But did I say oh you like Don Frye? Your personality must be dryer then a 98 year old womans vagina!! No because I'm not going to judge someone off of the fighters they like or the music they listen to.I never claimed Tank abbott was the greatest or even among the greatest fighters that ever lived.I dig his philosophy on fighting thats all.Anywhere,anyplace,anytime,and he doesnt watch videos of the people he fights because he wants to go by instinct.Thats cool shit to me.After pounding I think Paul Varelans watching the replay he was saying in the post fight interview "your gonna have to take that off of there I'm starting to get sexually aroused" Thats WHY I like Tank Abbott. I like Chris Leben because hes an outspoken drunken asshole,I'm an asshole myself so I appreciate a good asshole when I see one,I mean to me the dudes hilarious,I got drunk with him for like 4 hours straight in Beaumont and he was cool as shit.Whether or not he will amount to anything in MMA remains to be seen you can't say the potential isn't there he has a heart you can't teach,a chin you cant train to make and a left hook thats devastating.Right now he IS a solid midcarder I dont give a damn what you say/You obviously ARE biased because Mike Tyson is a great boxer and one of the best heavyweights to ever live especially in his (short) prime.You said yourself "when you want to have a serious discussion about CLASSY fighters" So the fighter has to be classy for you to take them seriously as a good fighter??

Dork8503
05-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Of course his Trainer is going to say he won the fight.

Taylor is lucky he has been champion this long.

U get aroused when you think of Tank lol

kickbox
05-22-2007, 11:31 PM
You get in flame wars because even when people argree with you I have seen you argue with them. (and that pisses most people off) Personally, I don't really care when you argue with me because it gives me something to do but sometimes you resort to pety insults when; in all reality; very few of us know anything about eachother on here.

nice post this about sums up the flame wars thats been troubling our society for years and years.

LebenTysonTank
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Of course his Trainer is going to say he won the fight.

Taylor is lucky he has been champion this long.

U get aroused when you think of Tank lol

lol,ur an asshole :)