PDA

View Full Version : Crap Crap Crap..manfredo Robbed!!

Luis Cruz
04-08-2007, 12:05 AM
What a pile of shit!!!! First the ref let's Hatton get away with murder against Tszyu, now this ref stops a fight in probably the worst stoppage in recent memory! He lands 2 OK shots then miss after miss after miss, what a crock of shit. Yea he could've and maybe still would've won but for christsake LET HIM. Those refs look for every chance to be sure their fighters come out on top and it's sickening already. Hey boxers that aren't from the UK DON'T GO THERE....HELLLLOOOOOO!?!?!?! Peter hit it on the head when he said "He threw pitty pat amateur punches, i covered up, and it was stopped premmaturely." End of story because that's exactly what happened. Kessler should knock this clown out. All his fast shots were pitty pat just like he said nothing but show. I'm so pissed right now because i was robbed of what could've been a good competitive fight. This aint nothing to do with me now hating the country or the people there, but when it comes to protecting their golden boy boxers (the two) they're the worst on earth. Oh and Hopkins and Taylor would pick him apart too, they're boxers not brawlers. WOW and Frank bitchass Warren just said they declined an offer from Kessler for a fight this summer......hmmmm wonder why?!?!?!?! His time is coming as soon as he accepts that fight.

Punk Ass
04-08-2007, 12:13 AM
:lmfao: That was a mercy killing! He was going to get beat to death if that fight wasn't stopped. Sure it may be a little pre-mature but Manfredo did absoluty nothing to tell the ref that he was doing anything other that being a punching bag. He would have been TKOed in the near future anywayz.

TheRichProject
04-08-2007, 12:20 AM
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

... but seriously, the stoppage was pretty crappy. Saying that though, what did Manfredo actually do during those three rounds?

Drunkenmaster
04-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Think it was an exxageration to say that Manfredo was robbed, he was never going to win that fight from the second he took it. I think the fight was stopped way to early as well, but the outcome was pretty obvious. Also hatton doesn't need protecting, noone can honestly believe that,he's a great fighter and a great champion.

Hypergit
04-08-2007, 12:45 AM
the ref let's Hatton get away with murder against Tszyu

That was six of one, half a dozen of the other maybe?

Kessler should knock this clown out.

It would certainly be more competitive than this fight. But should? And clown?

i was robbed of what could've been a good competitive fight.

Manfredo looked like a startled deer in headlights after just one round. Of course you weren't robbed of a -competitive- fight.

I totally agree it was a horrible stoppage - just insane - but then so was some of your post lol

Luis Cruz
04-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Where is everyone getting that Manfredo was being killed in this fight?? Joe didn't land ANYTHING that put Peter in trouble and he was NEVER hurt in this fight. How do we all know he wouldn't have punched himself out by the 9th round or something?? We don't, so let's not ASSUME that this fight was in the bag if it kept going. Had he been beaten down it would've been different but he wasn't. Did anyone notice he backed him up with ONE left hook?? He was open all night for that but Peter came up short most of the time, he just needed better timing with it and it would've landed repeatdly. He landed 2 clean shot in that entire flurry the rest were glove and air, he was doing nothing. Peter used good movement with his upper body that fight and Joe was landing a pretty good jab that was about it. Peter can't be counted out in that short of time for people to say he would've surely been beaten, that's just ridiculous. With a fighter like Hatton and Joe you'll have to weather a storm, that's a fact and he was doing just that. Kessler will drill him when they fight, so he needs to quit ducking him already.

So yes i was robbed of what could've been a competitive fight and yes Peter was robbed because he didn't get a fair shake to take the title, that's a fact. I can't believe you people saying this fight was already predicted no matter what, you better go back and watch some tapes or go rewind Friday Night Fights and listen to what Brian and Teddy say about a fight that "He should win".

Even freakin ROY JONES JR posted on myspace and said "sad sad night on HBO" "Did ya'll see that stoppage? damn!

thats all I gota say about that ! "

He wrote that right after it ended. Complete crap. I was hot before when i posted so i went on a tangent but i stand by what i said. I'm by no means saying Peter would have won, i would still have picked him to lose but by no means sit here and say he most definitely would've lost, say that to any real fighter and see the response you get. Give Peter a damn fighting chance ref!

Drunkenmaster
04-08-2007, 02:54 AM
Joe fights alot of his fights like this, against better opposition and he hasn't punched himself out yet. The fight was stopped way too early, but even so Manfredo hardly threw a punch, even his own trainer said in the post fight interview that he didn't know what was going on with manfredo. Barry Mcguigan was a real fighter and even he said even though he thought the fight was stopped too early that Manfredo wouldn't have won that fight(he might have been a bit biased though). Manfredo was my favorite fighter in the contender, but he was too small, too slow and not in the same class as Joe. A bit too soon for him to step up to this class I thought.

lemmings999
04-08-2007, 03:44 AM
How do we all know he wouldn't have punched himself out by the 9th round or something??

cos in his fights he keeps punching all the way through
remember the lacy fight, all the way through

1st american sports writers and fans said lacy was the real deal and he was going to smash joe
as soon as it was over the SAME people said lacy was a bum and fight didnt prove anything,
joe never gets the repect he deserves

i could go on boxing forum after forum with predictions of people going to beat joe before a fight but never did

yeah the fight was stopped early but you have to throw back not just cover otherwise it looks like your hurt and the ref is going to stop it.

its always the same if you fight some one in their own country not just in britain
thing are going to go the home sides way in all sports

you could see in manfredos eyes at the start of the 3rd, he just didnt know what to do and didnt want to be there

about your comment on the kessler fight

they wanted kessler in july but he wouldnt take it so joe wants someone else in july

Luis Cruz
04-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Frank said that they declined the summer fight for Kessler thats why Larry started talking to Joe about it to ask him what was up. I never liked that promoter and apparently he's not a straightup guy like Hatton has said and why he left him.

Yes he's punched like that in the past but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have tried too hard to finish Peter. Remember Hatton is the same and he gassed with Collazo even though a weight up it can happen. Nothing is set in stone until it happens. Peter don't have to punch back if he's bobbing and weaving and not getting hit, that's good defense and that's just an idiot ref that don't know boxing or was completely bias with the stoppage, i vote for the latter.

He doesn't get respect because he has a padded record VERY padded. His only big win is Lacy. He wants to be the real man step up and fight Kessler until then he's a poser while Kessler is the real man at SMW beating 3 of the top 5 while Kessler beat Lacy at that's it in the top 5 of SMW. He beats Kessler straight i'll give him all the credit you think he deserves.

lemmings999
04-08-2007, 04:22 AM
Frank said that they declined the summer fight for Kessler thats why Larry started talking to Joe about it to ask him what was up.

no

kessler declined a july fight with calzaghe as he wanted a later fight where as joe wantes to fight in jult

you say kessler is the man, where are the big names on his record? and all but 2 or 3 of his fights have been in denmark

Salvy_Mic
04-08-2007, 06:16 AM
no

kessler declined a july fight with calzaghe as he wanted a later fight where as joe wantes to fight in jult

you say kessler is the man, where are the big names on his record? and all but 2 or 3 of his fights have been in denmark

Neither of them have fought any truly big names, but Cruz is right, Kessler has the higher-ranked scalps on his record as of late (Anthony Mundine, Markus Beyer, and Librado Andrade). Meanwhile, Calzaghe's beaten Jeff Lacy, but he's beaten a lot of other tough guys earlier on. It's just that his last two fights haven't been against real contenders, whereas Kessler followed up a blowout over Beyer with a schooling of Andrade.

They need to fight, that's all there is to it. Kessler probably didn't take the fight in July against Calzaghe because he probably feels that he needs a lot more time to train against someone like Calzaghe. Honestly, Calzaghe should do the same for someone like Kessler as well. He's not gonna be able to get any of the three big names he's wanted by July (Taylor fights Spinks in late May, and Hopkins and Wright fight each other in June). Calzaghe would waste another fight if he fights again in July against anyone other than Kessler, and Taylor, Wright, and Hopkins aren't even looking Calzaghe's way right now. The Kessler fight is the easiest fight to make right now, and makes the most sense.