PDA

View Full Version : randy vs hughs

ddot
07-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Great wrestlers but i think randy has the weight advantage which would lead to an easy victory. But if they met at a weight of 185..... ill take hughs

tj31atr
07-11-2006, 10:09 AM
No, and I do mean NO disrespect to Randy, but taking Randy's age and Matt's unnatural strength, I have to go with Matt, even if Randy had the weight advantage. Matt is just to freakin strong.

killerinstinct
07-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Great wrestlers but i think randy has the weight advantage which would lead to an easy victory. But if they met at a weight of 185..... ill take hughs
Randy used to fight at HW.There's no way he could make 185.Randy has a huge striking advantage over Hughes and he is a better wrestler.Randy was a world class wrestler Hughes was just a decorated collegiate wrestler.The size difference would be a huge factor.Randy would win by gnp in the 1st round in a dominating performance.

matto
07-12-2006, 12:23 AM
rofl that has to be the same guy who thought that hughes would beat ortiz. Randy is a better wrestler and a way better standup, NOT TO MENTION that he fights at 35 pounds heavier and is 6 inches taller. matt woulnt be able to slam him like he does to his other opponents, randy would be greco roman throwing matt all around the ring. and alse matt usually has the strength advantage aginst his opponents, u can also throw that out the window. think logically, even though matt hughes dominates most weleterweights, that doesnt mean he can hang with the top light heavyweights.

killerinstinct
07-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Randy would win by murder.

matto
07-12-2006, 12:50 AM
lol ya, not taking anything away from matt, but come on now, just like the other topic ortiz would waste him and i said that matt was a better p4p then tito, but that might not even be the case with chuck. randy just has him plain and simply beat everywhere althought i think that matt might be better with submissions, but randy has better wrestling, standup, g and p. and is just awesome, matt didnt have to deal with a excellent striker who was almost impossible to takedown that is y matt is still champ, cause if ur speality is on the ground and u cant take the guy down ur scrwed. tito, and sorbal honestly dont stand a chance but silva wants to strike with chuck and they r both so good thats y it will be so exciting to see that.

AJL416AZ
07-13-2006, 03:47 AM
at Abu Dhabi, matt lost to tito because of the sheer size and strength difference.

i see pretty much the same thing happening to him here. they both fight very similarly, but Randy is bigger and stronger. unless Matt drastically changed his style for the fight, he couldn't win

AlCarey
07-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Randy would own him. As for Randy being too old thats BS....He can/has beat the best...

kful7969
07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
I would NEVER take Hughes lightly. I can't say who would win, but it would sure be a great fight. And, for the comments on Tito vs. Matt - Matt would take him any day of the week. Bank on it.