PDA

View Full Version : ** New Reputation System **

Clint
04-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I would like to announce to everyone our new reputation system and how it works. If have seen that little green thing under your post count, that it your reputation.

Now you can give or take reputation points for a member of the forum by clicking the reputation option next to the flag at the top of a members post. For day to day use the reputation will allow people to see who is a trusted member and how isn't. During events we are going to test a system where people with a reputation of (25 or more) OR (who have been here 30+ days and have 50+ posts) are the only people who can start new threads. Everything else will be the same except that people who don't meet these conditions will be have to post in existing threads instead of making their own. I may adjust those numbers as we work the kinks out but that is where they are at the moment.

Here are the other details:

* Users Start with 10 Rep points

* Users Start with the ability to give or take 1 point
**** For every 365 days a person has been a member their point influence (how much they can give or take) increases by 1
**** For every 1000 posts their point influence increases by 1
**** For every 50 Rep points their point influence increases by 1
**** Administrators have a point influence of 5

* You must have 25 posts and a reputation above 5 in order to give or take reputation points

* You can only give ten rep clicks per day and you cannot click the same person until you have clicked 9 other people.

Mac
04-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I like the idea of not being able to start threads unless you have posted here for a while.

Clint
04-14-2007, 07:15 PM
I like the idea of not being able to start threads unless you have posted here for a while.

Right now I'm only going to do it during events but who knows where this might go. The rep system also allows people who maybe don't post often but post good shit to still be able to make threads during events.

Matt Boone
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Love the feature. They use it over at RapGodfather's forum, where I get a lot of my bootleg movies lol. System seems to keep shit more organized and it's good for new members so they know who to fuck with and who not.

Clint
04-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Love the feature. They use it over at RapGodfather's forum, where I get a lot of my bootleg movies lol. System seems to keep shit more organized and it's good for new members so they know who to fuck with and who not.
Do you know if there is a way to get the reputation to display as a number instead of the green bar? I think it would be more intuitive to people that way.

Bullock
04-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I was wondering whta those little green dots were....

Definitely a good idea.

Mac
04-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Can you see who is giving or taking points from you? The only problem I see is if guys really dislike eachother they will just give negative points to people they don't like all the time.

Clint
04-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Can you see who is giving or taking points from you? The only problem I see is if guys really dislike eachother they will just give negative points to people they don't like all the time.
Yeah if you go to your user control panel it will tell you the number of points you have and the last 5 adds or minuses you have and any comments the person left with them.

I don;t think going back and forth will be too much of a problem since you need 10 rep clicks in between repping the same user.

Mac
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah if you go to your user control panel it will tell you the number of points you have and the last 5 adds or minuses you have and any comments the person left with them.

I don;t think going back and forth will be too much of a problem since you need 10 rep clicks in between repping the same user.
Cool, just curious.

danzig187
04-14-2007, 08:00 PM
cool, i like the idea hope its works

ozzy2525
04-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Someone rep me so I can see where I go to see it leave your name and I will get you back

neonatural45
04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Very good idea, at first I wasnt sure but it seems youve made it so there is no loopholes. Hopefully people wont lower someones reputation just because they get into an argument with them

Ubermensch
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Are you going to grandfather are current stats to the formula??? If not I think you should...Just an opinion.

PS I am gonna hook some brothers up now.

strife
04-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Hell yes, finally! Thanks Clint!

Noob
04-15-2007, 12:39 AM
I love the idea. It will take a little while before all the kinks are worked out, but it's a good idea for the long run.

War Clint.

Clint
04-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Are you going to grandfather are current stats to the formula??? If not I think you should...Just an opinion.

PS I am gonna hook some brothers up now.

Yeah as long as you have been here for 30+ days and 50+ posts, then you'll be good.

Krazikarl
04-15-2007, 03:08 AM
It would probably be wise if it didnt show who was giving you minuses. Otherwise I can see a lot of people retaliating to any minuses by giving the person who marked them down a minus of their own.

Noob
04-15-2007, 03:16 AM
It would probably be wise if it didnt show who was giving you minuses. Otherwise I can see a lot of people retaliating to any minuses by giving the person who marked them down a minus of their own.

I thought the same thing, but there may not be any way to control that. I'm not sure the programming will allow you to see positives and not negatives.

Clint
04-15-2007, 04:58 AM
Yeah there is no real way to do that. Atleast not that I know of.

Although all they can do is minus you a point and even then that is only if their reputation is high enough to allow them to use the rep system.

strife
04-15-2007, 05:10 AM
There needs to be a way for us to view our rep and read the comments people make. I looked at user CP where it usually is and there isn't anything like that. Most forums that use rep will have it under there for you to view.

Clint
04-15-2007, 05:14 AM
Try it now, maybe you just hadn't had anyone give you a rep yet.

strife
04-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Try it now, maybe you just hadn't had anyone give you a rep yet.

Ah, perfect. Thanks.

Palma
04-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Someone hit me...

Tyler4870
04-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I think this is an excellent idea. Good job.

DW
04-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Someone hit me...

I got ya

Bullock
04-16-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL

No one is repping me..... :sadsmile1:

I wish this thing would have been around when i posted Vids all day long, lol/=

Soul_Edge
04-16-2007, 01:10 AM
I like the idea alot. Now the forums won't be littered with spoilers after every event.

sodium_nitrate
04-16-2007, 06:02 AM
i see a lot of guys with 10-14 rep. what's the 14 for? is it our minus rep?

Clint
04-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Nah it means that you have between 10 and 14 rep points. I'm in the process of twaeking the system so that it atleast shows your approximate reputation but it might take a little while. It turned out to be more owrk than I anticipated so I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

2mcgrath
04-16-2007, 07:30 AM
pretty good idea.hopefully wont have any that abuse it.like stated leaving minus just because they dont like you or what you post

Dork8503
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
your going to get people that are pissed off and will do that but overall i think its a good idea

NixHex
04-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I think it's a great idea..... but nobody likes me :sadsmile1:

Howie
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
wheres it at in the user CP. im not seeing it

Clint
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Try it again. It only apprears after someone has given/taken a point

BigBanda
04-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I think a lot of ppl arent accustomed to this rep system but maybe once more are familiar with it then more will get rep points. I have 1, thanks Afro! Hopefull I'll get more along with others as ppl become more familiar with it.

Clint
04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah it's gonna take a little time to build up and whatnot. I think having it say your reputation will help people remember it's there as well.

NixHex
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Did you start the mod's off with lower rep?

Clint
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Did you start the mod's off with lower rep?
No but they way I have it set up it only works to show the correct level for reguar users. I'm trying to get it to work for mods now. Also it won't show that you've gone down at the moment. That still needs to be added.

NixHex
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
No but they way I have it set up it only works to show the correct level for reguar users. I'm trying to get it to work for mods now. Also it won't show that you've gone down at the moment. That still needs to be added.
Oh I got ya, I seen Dork's in a thread and was like what the hell people's been hatin him lol. Appreciate it.

sodium_nitrate
04-16-2007, 09:17 PM
so, can you rep a person twice? like if they left a dumb post on monday, and i gave them a neg rep for something like begging for rep points, then on wednesday they broke a hot rumor that shook up the message board (unlikely), and i wanted to give them a pos rep, would that work? or does your rep for that person stick forever?

strife
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
so, can you rep a person twice? like if they left a dumb post on monday, and i gave them a neg rep for something like begging for rep points, then on wednesday they broke a hot rumor that shook up the message board (unlikely), and i wanted to give them a pos rep, would that work? or does your rep for that person stick forever?

You rep someone then can't rep them again for 9 more rep turns. So if you neg'd me you would have to pos or neg 9 other people before you could pos me.

NixHex
04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
There's a lot of differences in the way people use rep points. I really just got neg rep'd for talking bad about Jean-Claude Van Damme lol, seems a little extreme to me, but different strokes for different folks.

sodium_nitrate
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
so rep points are a 'cherished' thing that shouldn't be taken lightly then.

Bullock
04-16-2007, 09:29 PM
so rep points are a 'cherished' thing that shouldn't be taken lightly then.
did u neg rep me, lol?

strife
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
']did u neg rep me, lol?

I wanted to for you begging for rep, but I wasn't able to! Good thing too because that neg woulda hit you HARD.

sodium_nitrate
04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
']did u neg rep me, lol?

no, but the whole begging for rep trend is fading like the sun(dance)

Bullock
04-16-2007, 10:11 PM
I wanted to for you begging for rep, but I wasn't able to! Good thing too because that neg woulda hit you HARD.
lol

at least I put it in my old home, the Vid section.

btw, how do you know if you got a neg rep?

NixHex
04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
']lol

at least I put it in my old home, the Vid section.

btw, how do you know if you got a neg rep?
It's a red dot next to the Thread Title where that green dot is on pos reps.

kickass32
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
I think it's a great idea on the whole.......however, I'm still a little concerned about people being vindictive and childish with these points....

Ubermensch
04-17-2007, 10:26 AM
My rep is 10-14 WTF!!! that is the same as someone who just started here. Am I that big of a Dick?? I know I can fly off the handle on the Prowrestling thing but man I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.:angry4:

Bullock
04-17-2007, 06:35 PM
My rep is 10-14 WTF!!! that is the same as someone who just started here. Am I that big of a Dick?? I know I can fly off the handle on the Prowrestling thing but man I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.:angry4:

i repd u

DW
04-17-2007, 07:19 PM
if you have to be a mod so you get your ass kissed or beg for rep than I dont see how any good can come from this.

people with thousands of posts have the same as noob's :confusedsmilie:

Warchief
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I see some new comer's here have a wortless thread, but their rep is higher than some regulars here...Oh boy. :confusedsmilie:

Ubermensch
04-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I see some new comer's here have a wortless thread, but their rep is higher than some regulars here...Oh boy. :confusedsmilie:

Looks like some bugs in the system are beginning to show.

LebenTysonTank
04-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh man I'm going to have to try REALLY hard to make sure I agree with all popular choices so I can be cool and have a reputation on a MESSAGE board...i see people sayin they are "worried" about people abusing there reputation points...if your seriously worried..I think you might need to get some pussy.

strife
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh man I'm going to have to try REALLY hard to make sure I agree with all popular choices so I can be cool and have a reputation on a MESSAGE board...i see people sayin they are "worried" about people abusing there reputation points...if your seriously worried..I think you might need to get some pussy.

Once I get some more rep, you get some. Even though it basically turns into a popularity contest, people are worrying like little girls over this shit.

Warchief
04-17-2007, 07:53 PM
if you have to be a mod so you get your ass kissed or beg for rep than I dont see how any good can come from this.

Honesty bro...i think it's much better the old system, like before.

Ubermensch
04-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Once I get some more rep, you get some. Even though it basically turns into a popularity contest, people are worrying like little girls over this shit.

Your right I gotta go now and put on some Vagisil ..:grinsmile1:

NixHex
04-17-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm still gonna stick with my opinions and if people don't like em they can neg rep if they want. I've already had it happen lol, no big deal. With the newcomers having the same rep as the longer posters I think that will change very quickly once people start using the system.

Bullock
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM

give them a neg rep

And I just to let you know, I have been repping people so much that I can't do it anymore, lol.

Believe me, I will be repping you guys all the time.

Hypergit
04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Fuck the system! Anarchy rules!

<insert negative rep here>

Bullock
04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Fuck the system! Anarchy rules!

<insert negative rep here>

REP'd

Warchief
04-17-2007, 08:11 PM
']give them a neg rep

And I just to let you know, I have been repping people so much that I can't do it anymore, lol.

Believe me, I will be repping you guys all the time.
Many thanx bro...im just a bit confuse, because there is a lot of new comers here (no disrespect to them), their threads is almost like a troll threads.

Clint
04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm still gonna stick with my opinions and if people don't like em they can neg rep if they want. I've already had it happen lol, no big deal. With the newcomers having the same rep as the longer posters I think that will change very quickly once people start using the system.
Yeah the system has only been up for like 3 days , so it will take some time for the people that have been here a while to get a rep and then the system will work more smoothly.

NixHex
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah the system has only been up for like 3 days , so it will take some time for the people that have been here a while to get a rep and then the system will work more smoothly.
Exactly..... rep? lmao, j/k fella's don't flip out.

Legend
04-18-2007, 01:47 AM
**** For every 365 days a person has been a member their point influence (how much they can give or take) increases by 1
**** For every 1000 posts their point influence increases by 1

Now does that start now or from the date when we joined. I.E. I joined in July so in this coming July will by rep ability increase by one or will it increase when this program was started? And since I have well over 1,000 post does that mean my rep ability is already increased one more then someone who has less then a 1,000 posts? Or do I have to build up another 1,000 from when this thing started to have it increase?

Palma
04-18-2007, 02:30 AM
I really don't get how this works. What do my numbers actually mean and how do I rep everyone?

Clint
04-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Now does that start now or from the date when we joined. I.E. I joined in July so in this coming July will by rep ability increase by one or will it increase when this program was started? And since I have well over 1,000 post does that mean my rep ability is already increased one more then someone who has less then a 1,000 posts? Or do I have to build up another 1,000 from when this thing started to have it increase?
It's from the begining. So your current join date and post count are what it uses as inputs.

I really don't get how this works. What do my numbers actually mean and how do I rep everyone?
Your rep is just a comparison to other members so that people know who to trust and who not to trust. To rep people you click the little graph button at the top right of the users post.

Palma
04-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Your rep is just a comparison to other members so that people know who to trust and who not to trust. To rep people you click the little graph button at the top right of the users post.

Do you just click on the green file and it adds rep points.

Gmunit
04-18-2007, 05:09 AM
Do you just click on the green file and it adds rep points.

above that, beside the bad post flag

Boo
04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks Clint. I really appreciate you trying to control the trolls that come on after PPVs to start trouble.

Clint
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
No problem. The more the trolls are controlled automatically, the less work there is for me

alfin
04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
i dont understand how to give the rep points must be too old and dumb someone help

NixHex
04-18-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont understand how to give the rep points must be too old and dumb someone help
You see the red flags in the top right corner of people's posts? To rep somebody you click the graph next to that flag, you can either approve or disapprove and affect their rep.

alfin
04-18-2007, 08:00 PM
thanks man and you just earned a rep point

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
This new system is awesome--just because I like Tito Ortiz, don't agree with everyone on their opinions, and constantly have to respond to people's unprovoked insults, my rep gets tanked. Wow, this is about as fun as watching old people f**k.

AudieMurphy1
04-18-2007, 08:41 PM
i knew it was just a matter of time before someone got butt hurt over this....sigh

Clint
04-18-2007, 08:44 PM
This new system is awesome--just because I like Tito Ortiz, don't agree with everyone on their opinions, and constantly have to respond to people's unprovoked insults, my rep gets tanked. Wow, this is about as fun as watching old people f**k.
Maybe it's because you act like a dick. There are plenty of Tito fans on here who don't freak out every time someone doesn't like Tito.

Hell what I hit you for wasn't even about Tito, it was just you being an ass and fighting with people.

NixHex
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah i've defended Tito a couple times, even concerning Wandy (touchy subject here) and nobody neg rep'd me. I think if you do it with respect nobody will give ya shit.

Warchief
04-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Marlo...im only kidding when i said that tank is almost suck as tito and then you quickly respond bladantly by insulting about my grammar (which is my second language :confusedsmilie:), but any though i dont hate you...only that you act like a jack :ass: sometimes. IMO

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Maybe it's because you act like a dick. There are plenty of Tito fans on here who don't freak out every time someone doesn't like Tito.

Hell what I hit you for wasn't even about Tito, it was just you being an ass and fighting with people.

A few things:

- I act like a dick sometimes, so does everyone else on here at times.
- I've had legit conversations (which I try too quite a bit, believe it or not) with plenty of people that aren't Ortiz fans per se--Banda, Afro, etc.--and have been able to not "freak out" over something they said.
- You'll notice that most of my posts arguing is because people basically jump in my shit for no reason whatsoever, regardless of what thread we're in. We could be having a totally different debate and some clown will hop on and basically rip me for some Ortiz-related bullshit that I have no interest in talking about anyway.
- This forum is funny in that it asks me to post something if I haven't posted in a while. Then when I do, I get ripped for my sig, photo, who I like, etc. and my rep gets tanked so sooner or later I can't post a thread--which I've only done a few times anyway. Something seems a little off.

Noob
04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
A few things:

- I act like a dick sometimes, so does everyone else on here at times.
- I've had legit conversations (which I try too quite a bit, believe it or not) with plenty of people that aren't Ortiz fans per se--Banda, Afro, etc.--and have been able to not "freak out" over something they said.
- You'll notice that most of my posts arguing is because people basically jump in my shit for no reason whatsoever, regardless of what thread we're in. We could be having a totally different debate and some clown will hop on and basically rip me for some Ortiz-related bullshit that I have no interest in talking about anyway.
- This forum is funny in that it asks me to post something if I haven't posted in a while. Then when I do, I get ripped for my sig, photo, who I like, etc. and my rep gets tanked so sooner or later I can't post a thread--which I've only done a few times anyway. Something seems a little off.

It could be worse. You could be a Tim Sylvia fan.

NixHex
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
LoL, would anybody care to check and see if Marlo has a valid argument? I don't know what happened in the convo but he is in negative rep. What thread do you have your neg reps for Marlo?

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
It could be worse. You could be a Tim Sylvia fan.

Haha, no thanks!

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
LoL, would anybody care to check and see if Marlo has a valid argument? I don't know what happened in the convo but he is in negative rep. What thread do you have your neg reps for Marlo?

I'm not going to argue that I was being a dick on some of those posts, but not without a reason in a lot of cases. That's my point: When someone introduces themselves to me with "Hey, douchebag, Tito fag, etc." of course I'm not going to have a respectful response. Because this is an Internet forum, I obviously can't confront someone face-to-face to settle it my way, I'm going to respond in the manner that I was addressed. Makes sense doesn't it?

NixHex
04-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm not going to argue that I was being a dick on some of those posts, but not without a reason in a lot of cases. That's my point: When someone introduces themselves to me with "Hey, douchebag, Tito fag, etc." of course I'm not going to have a respectful response. Because this is an Internet forum, I obviously can't confront someone face-to-face to settle it my way, I'm going to respond in the manner that I was addressed. Makes sense doesn't it?
Yeah. I don't get involved much in the flaming shit.

sodium_nitrate
04-18-2007, 09:44 PM

lol, you're the first one that i saw that had a negative rep.

Clint
04-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah but the one I saw you were being a dick and continued being a dick for no reason and that one was where the majority of your negative points came from. Just be a good poster and your rep will improve.

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Okay, I'm going to try a new approach here:

Fedor is God. Cro-Cop is Jesus. Wandy just cured cancer and Hendo has rid the world of AIDS. Tito is the worst fighter ever with a huge head and a skank girlfriend. In reality, he was never champion in the UFC and all of his fights should be ruled no contests because all of his opponents sucked anyway--guys like Mezger, Tanner, Belfort, Silva, Shamrock, Griffin, etc. He's a gatekeeper that will get owned by Rashad and get murdered by Wandy in a rematch (even though he beat him to become LHW champ when Silva was "green" or orange, or purple, or polka dotted, or an astronaut). I'm not worthy to debate anything in this forum even though I began religously following MMA after UFC 1 more than a decade ago and have intensely continued since. My name is Marlo Black, will you guys come hang out in my treehouse?

AudieMurphy1
04-18-2007, 10:13 PM

Fedor is God. Cro-Cop is Jesus. Wandy just cured cancer and Hendo has rid the world of AIDS. Tito is the worst fighter ever with a huge head and a skank girlfriend. In reality, he was never champion in the UFC and all of his fights should be ruled no contests because all of his opponents sucked anyway--guys like Mezger, Tanner, Belfort, Silva, Shamrock, Griffin, etc. He's a gatekeeper that will get owned by Rashad and get murdered by Wandy in a rematch (even though he beat him to become LHW champ when Silva was "green" or orange, or purple, or polka dotted, or an astronaut). I'm not worthy to debate anything in this forum even though I began religously following MMA after UFC 1 more than a decade ago and have intensely continued since. My name is Marlo Black, will you guys come hang out in my treehouse?

haha...had i not already negative repped you for being a whiny bitch in this thread i'd hit you with some positive cuz that was funny lol

BigBanda
04-18-2007, 10:43 PM

lol that is great! Everyone knows including Marlo that I am no Tito fan by any means but he really nailed it with this post. He seriously mimmicked exactly how a lot of posters think on here and how repetative the same things get posted. I gave u a rep cause u cracked me up but I still hate Tito! :)

Noob
04-18-2007, 10:45 PM

Lol, I like you more already.

Thaistylist
04-18-2007, 10:46 PM
That whiny bitch neg rep'd me! I love the rep system, tho.

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
lol that is great! Everyone knows including Marlo that I am no Tito fan by any means but he really nailed it with this post. He seriously mimmicked exactly how a lot of posters think on here and how repetative the same things get posted. I gave u a rep cause u cracked me up but I still hate Tito! :)

I know you hate Tito, but that's the thing--I'm not going to rip into you about it--it's your opinion and I have mine. Glad you agree with my view about some posts and posters, thanks for the rep man.

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 10:55 PM
That whiny bitch neg rep'd me! I love the rep system, tho.

Had to pal, you called me a dickhead in the comments section for no reason whatsoever and I've never said one word to you. I wouldn't know you if you came up and hit me in the nuts with a spiked bat. That's kind of my point about this forum--I'm a dickhead because I'm a Tito fan.

Palma
04-18-2007, 11:16 PM

I've never replied to any of your posts and you come at me every time I have something disparaging to say about Tito. You are also crude about it, so don't go bitching about it now. You have to get along now and stop trolling for fights you big blonde bitch...

Marlo Black
04-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I've never replied to any of your posts and you come at me every time I have something disparaging to say about Tito. You are also crude about it, so don't go bitching about it now. You have to get along now and stop trolling for fights you big blonde bitch...

Trust me if I wanted to troll for fights, it wouldn't be on a goddamn internet forum. I would just go out and have 12 beers and a few shots and play tag-the-shit-talker. Man, I'll leave you alone, you're a Raiders fan? You have plenty to worry about already lol.

NixHex
04-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Trust me if I wanted to troll for fights, it wouldn't be on a goddamn internet forum. I would just go out and have 12 beers and a few shots and play tag-the-shit-talker. Man, I'll leave you alone, you're a Raiders fan? You have plenty to worry about already lol.
Oh burn lol, see you're gaining fans Marlo.

Palma
04-19-2007, 12:53 AM

Yes it really sucks having three super bowl wins and the highest winning percentage for any professional sports team. And thanks for proving my point that when you are confronted about they way you act that you provide a prevelent example so everyone can see what kind of bitch you are.

Boo
04-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Oh man, insulting the Raiders to Palma. Not good, not good at all. Palma likes me and I wouldn't even dare do that.

Palma
04-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Oh man, insulting the Raiders to Palma. Not good, not good at all. Palma likes me and I wouldn't even dare do that.

If we were talking about football then his comments would be totally justified, but since that is his only angle to discredit my prior posts then he is only proving my point further that he is a tool with nothing meaningful to say. Besides, I am far from the only Raider fan here.

smoogy
04-19-2007, 04:27 AM
I think the amount of rep you can give out before you re-rep someone should be less, there are too many prominent posters who make regular contributions like Noob for the current limit.

And Noob if you see this, empty your inbox!

Clint
04-19-2007, 05:42 AM
I think the amount of rep you can give out before you re-rep someone should be less, there are too many prominent posters who make regular contributions like Noob for the current limit.

And Noob if you see this, empty your inbox!
I might bump it down a bit. I'll see if anyone else thinks it a problem as well.

NixHex
04-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I might bump it down a bit. I'll see if anyone else thinks it a problem as well.
Yeah I tried to rep dork yesterday but it said I had to spread it out before repping him. That's the only time this came up for me.
Edit: But it does stop people from "padding" someone's rep so I like it the way it is actually.

TravelinMonty
04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
This rep stuff is unforgiving... I posted in the middle of the night attempting to be funny... granted it was just a little stupid. I didn't diss any members. And in one stupid post my rep was totally destroyed.... ouch. I feel I've been a decent contributer over the last few months and now I just look like an asshole. I've even been complimented on a thread or 2 I've started. Actually the same night I put up an informative thread about the Fight Network.

Clint
04-20-2007, 03:23 PM
This rep stuff is unforgiving... I posted in the middle of the night attempting to be funny... granted it was just a little stupid. I didn't diss any members. And in one stupid post my rep was totally destroyed.... ouch. I feel I've been a decent contributer over the last few months and now I just look like an asshole. I've even been complimented on a thread or 2 I've started. Actually the same night I put up an informative thread about the Fight Network.
Yeah it can be a little unforgiving, but you've only lost 1 point, so it shouldn't be hard to come back from.

Punk Ass
04-20-2007, 10:37 PM
*I dont mean to be pitching for points but can I get a lil love over here? :sadsmile1:

ChuckBooty
04-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Mods should be the only ones who should be able to effect someone's rep. If a member has a problem with a post, it should be emailed to a Mod and THEY can deciede weather or not to touch someone's rep.

There is a fine line between regulation and censorship.

Clint
04-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Mods should be the only ones who should be able to effect someone's rep. If a member has a problem with a post, it should be emailed to a Mod and THEY can deciede weather or not to touch someone's rep.

There is a fine line between regulation and censorship.
That would take way too much time for the mods to handle that way.

ChuckBooty
04-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Maybe so...but what you have now is a situation where somebody's rep can be affected simply because another member doesn't like what they have to say.

No biggie...just my opinion.

Dork8503
04-23-2007, 07:10 AM
This rep thing is pissing me off. It wont let me give reps out. I have tryed to rep people and it wont let me even tho i havent reped them before, or maybe i did just didnt rememeber.

Clint
04-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Have you given out more than 10 in the last 24 hours?

Boo
04-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Can you tell how many rep points you give when you give someone rep?

I know it is supposed to increase with your post count, your rep ect. but is there a way to tell?
Can't tell anyone else Sundance, but you give out a whopping 10 points when you give rep. I'm guessing it is so much because you are a mod, have a high post count, and a highish rep yourself.

Have you given out more than 10 in the last 24 hours?
Considering Dork has packed his bags and moved onto the forum, I bet he has. :D

Bullock
04-27-2007, 01:51 AM
dam, so we give out 10!

that is cwazie

Clint
04-27-2007, 02:38 AM
']dam, so we give out 10!

that is cwazie
It varies person to person but according to the control panel, you give out 7. I think It's because Sundance has more posts.

Bullock
04-27-2007, 02:53 AM
It varies person to person but according to the control panel, you give out 7. I think It's because Sundance has more posts.

HOLY shit Sundance and dork are postwhores, lol.

Dork8503
04-27-2007, 02:55 AM
I should be banking when it comes to giving rep points.

Bullock
04-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Afro has over 7000 psts!!!!

LOL

Get a job bahahahahahaa

Punk Ass
04-27-2007, 03:55 AM
dont hesitate to rep me if you like my posts mods :grinsmile1:

Donny77
04-27-2007, 05:07 AM
I have friends in real life... so on the net ill be geek.. Kinda switch it up LMAO

Steel
04-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Very cool. This site has little to no trollage to begin with. Nice job man!

sabean_13
04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Interesting idea. I remember a month or so ago we had that thread about what we could do to make it so that trolls couldn't start threads and this is a great idea for that.

I'm glad to see the 30+ days and 50+ post thing too. Its low enough for someone like me who doesn't want to have a post in every single thread to still be able to start threads when I get an idea for one.

Clint
04-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I should also note that I changed things around so that your first post on the forum can't be a new thread. I figure that should help weed out the viagra/porn spammers.

Ubermensch
04-29-2007, 08:24 PM
I should also note that I changed things around so that your first post on the forum can't be a new thread. I figure that should help weed out the viagra/porn spammers.

Good deal!!!

ChuckBooty
04-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Is there a way to go back and review all the rep that you've left for others?

Clint
04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Is there a way to go back and review all the rep that you've left for others?
I don't think that there is.

ChuckBooty
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
is it possible to add that?

Clint
04-30-2007, 12:44 AM
is it possible to add that?
Not as far as I know. But I'll look through the settings to see if it's possible.

valheruking
04-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Yeah i think that would be a good addition aswell.

Beowulf
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
why are there two numbers though? for instance, mines like 50-55 i think

baba
06-07-2007, 03:38 PM
why are there two numbers though? for instance, mines like 50-55 i think

Its just a number range. Now you're at what 56-59 right? When you hit 60, it will read something like 60-65.

tapper
06-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I have friends in real life... so on the net ill be geek.. Kinda switch it up LMAO

:devil:

ac slater
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
this whole rep concept is retarded,

baba
06-07-2007, 08:53 PM

lmao

Can't imagine why you'd feel that way.

Legend
06-07-2007, 08:54 PM

lol agreed but still here is something for your troubles. Neg'd.

ferris0913
06-07-2007, 08:56 PM
lmao

Can't imagine why you'd feel that way.

HAHAHAHA! oh man minus 10. it is possible to get everyone on here to give that guy negative rep points. im just curious to see how low it can go

baba
06-07-2007, 08:57 PM
HAHAHAHA! oh man minus 10. it is possible to get everyone on here to give that guy negative rep points. im just curious to see how low it can go

man i'm not sure, but with legendrvb on the job the dude might be minus infinity in no time.

ferris0913
06-07-2007, 09:05 PM
man i'm not sure, but with legendrvb on the job the dude might be minus infinity in no time.

nice

Dsm634
06-08-2007, 12:30 AM

Haha thats not very nice. :grinsmile1:

ac slater
06-09-2007, 01:54 AM
if i wanted to suck someones dick after they post something ide PM, not give them love points

MMA Chick
06-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Is there any way to see who has given you rep points?

Nate_Deezy
06-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Is there any way to see who has given you rep points?

Yeah. Click on "USER CP" at the top of the screen. I'll go ahead and rep you just so you can see where it shows up.

MMA Chick
06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah. Click on "USER CP" at the top of the screen. I'll go ahead and rep you just so you can see where it shows up.
Ok thanks. I didn't see it since I didn't have any reps yet. lol.

Bullock
06-12-2007, 01:43 AM

post pics and you will be repd

Nate_Deezy
06-12-2007, 01:47 AM
']post pics and you will be repd

Haha I knew someone was gonna say it...but I didn't think it would be you Bullock. :lmfao:

Bullock
06-12-2007, 01:51 AM
i am just being honest.

lol

Dan0
06-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Wow! More rep than posts. That's gottas be a first.

Dork8503
06-12-2007, 02:22 AM
Damn Bullock, yesturday now today lol.

This is cool, we actually have 2 females on now. Maybe more we never know

TravelinMonty
06-12-2007, 03:45 AM
On the topic of Rep, please check out the poll that I started... It's in the site suggestions forum...

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=10465