4rgone
07-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Would Chuck even stand a chance?

killerinstinct
07-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Who the fuck is Mike Zambidis?

4rgone
07-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Mike Zambidis is a fighter from Greece. He's been in K1 and Pride. I think he's a middleweight, you can go to youtube.com and see some of his fights there.

killerinstinct
07-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Mike Zambidis is a fighter from Greece. He's been in K1 and Pride. I think he's a middleweight, you can go to youtube.com and see some of his fights there.
I tried looking him up on sherdog and I found nothing.

4rgone
07-12-2006, 06:46 AM
you just got to go to youtube, type in "iron mike" it should be the first video option... YA, YA I know the whole iron mike thing is tysons, but this guy is so much better.
I hadn't heard of this guy either until about 2 months ago when a friend showed me his fights and ever since its been hard for me to take other fighters seriouse. This guy is a monster at like 5 foot 6.

yumitree
07-12-2006, 07:43 AM
well, he's a kickboxer who, as far as i can tell, has never fought mma (nor trained grappling/bjj/etc.)... so chances are, dude needs to train that stuff before he even thinks of stepping into the mma world. i watched the video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBaK3lI23k&search=iron%20mike) and he looks like a good striker and looking over his reacord, he's got wins over kid yamamoto and pete spratt, but they're in kickboxing matches.

yumitree
07-12-2006, 08:07 AM
also, zambidis is fucking 155.

4rgone
07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
It's just a matter of imagining things could happen that probably wont.
Back in the day ufc didnt have a weight class system, remember, that was good stuff, truely a test of who was best.
True that Zambidis has never fought mma but, when you look at Liddel it's not like he would take it to the mat anyway, it would just come down to who has better stand up.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Back in the day ufc didnt have a weight class system, remember, that was good stuff, truely a test of who was best.
True that Zambidis has never fought mma but, when you look at Liddel it's not like he would take it to the mat anyway, it would just come down to who has better stand up.

WELL IM PRETTY DAMN SURE LIDDEL HAS BETTER STAND UP.. AND KNOWING THIS GUY HAS NEVER DONE MMA CHUCK MIGHT WANT TO ADD A SUBBMISION TO HIS LONG LIST OF WINS...OR JUST KNOCK HIM OUT LIKE ALWAYS...

kickbox
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
WELL IM PRETTY DAMN SURE LIDDEL HAS BETTER STAND UP.. AND KNOWING THIS GUY HAS NEVER DONE MMA CHUCK MIGHT WANT TO ADD A SUBBMISION TO HIS LONG LIST OF WINS...OR JUST KNOCK HIM OUT LIKE ALWAYS...

you must be joking me Liddell standup is lightyears away from Zambidis Liddell

Zambidis has way better standup then Liddell will ever have

kickbox
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM

lol Zambidis standup is lightyears ahead of Liddells

Punk Ass
03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
True that Zambidis has never fought mma but, when you look at Liddel it's not like he would take it to the mat anyway, it would just come down to who has better stand up.And you never seen a 155lb fighter in the UFC back then either.

I agree, his stand up is much better than Chucks but, there is no way in hell a 155lb fighter is going to beat a 205lb world class pro kickboxer.

You should really stop just falling in love with figthers after you see theior vids and think they can beat the world. It's obvious you haven't been watching fight sports very long, but at least take in weight advantage and well roundedness before for you start going crazy with these dream matches.

kickbox
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
And you never seen a 155lb fighter in the UFC back then either.

I agree, his stand up is much better than Chucks but, there is no way in hell a 155lb fighter is going to beat a 205lb world class pro kickboxer.

You should really stop just falling in love with figthers after you see theior vids and think they can beat the world. It's obvious you haven't been watching fight sports very long, but at least take in weight advantage and well roundedness before for you start going crazy with these dream matches.

i agree homes nah really i agree with your precise opinion on this topic.:wavesmile:

Punk Ass
03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
i agree homes nah really i agree with your precise opinion on this topic.:wavesmile:

Maybe theres hope for you. There must be a God :jesus:

kickbox
03-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Maybe theres hope for you. There must be a God :jesus:

what do you mean??

AJL416AZ
03-13-2007, 12:32 AM
lol. mike zambidis should stick to K-1 World Max.

in MMA, david vs goliath doesnt work out well unless there is a HUGE difference in skill level.
fact of the matter is, Chuck has an iron chin, and is like 50 lbs bigger than Iron Mike

kickbox
03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
lol. mike zambidis should stick to K-1 World Max.

in MMA, david vs goliath doesnt work out well unless there is a HUGE difference in skill level.
fact of the matter is, Chuck has an iron chin, and is like 50 lbs bigger than Iron Mike

hmm........ Chuck has an Iron Chin but can get dazed by his flurries and falldown:confusedsmilie:

neonatural45
03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
hmm........ Chuck has an Iron Chin but can get dazed by his flurries and falldown:confusedsmilie:

chuck takes him down and subs him?? theres more to mma then striking, and chuck can wrestle

Highlander
03-13-2007, 02:01 AM

You have been a member since july 2006, buy you have only had 4 posts and all have been in this thread. What's the dealeo?

AJL416AZ
03-13-2007, 02:13 AM

Chuck is 6'2", and fights in the 205 lb class. Zambidis is 5'6", 70 kg (154 lb)

Mike has never fought MMA. Chuck is the number 1 LHW in the world, with KO wins over Babalu, Randy Couture, Guy Mezger, Alistair Overeem, and Tito Ortiz. he was a D-1 wrestler all 4 years of college, has a purple belt in BJJ, and a wicked right hands. he also has an 8 inch height advantage, and more than a 50 lb weight advantage

i would go as far as to say that Chuck would put Buakaw Por Pramuk to sleep

i dont care how fast you hit, and how elusive you are. if you weigh 50 less pounds than anyone who trains standup and knocks out people his own size, he will put you to sleep

Dork8503
03-13-2007, 06:10 AM
its stupid to think he would beat Chuck, chuck is knocking guys out at 205 what the hell do you think will happen when he hits this guy who weighs 155, he is going to be sleeping for a long time, i think your a moron for even asking that, and im not one to bash someone right away but i kinda think you troll

kickbox
03-13-2007, 09:03 PM
its stupid to think he would beat Chuck, chuck is knocking guys out at 205 what the hell do you think will happen when he hits this guy who weighs 155, he is going to be sleeping for a long time, i think your a moron for even asking that, and im not one to bash someone right away but i kinda think you troll

why Im nice right??

Dork8503
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
sure i guess your nice, but you have to watch what you post, i mean when you post somthing about a unheard of fighter who dont fight mma thats 155 saying he could beat chuck or who would win is trolling and people tend to not like that

kickbox
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
sure i guess your nice, but you have to watch what you post, i mean when you post somthing about a unheard of fighter who dont fight mma thats 155 saying he could beat chuck or who would win is trolling and people tend to not like that

i never said Chuck would lose I said Chucks standup isnt as good as Irons Zambidis get my point??

Salvy_Mic
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
You have to be a supremely skilled, intelligent, physically gifted fighter in order to have a chance with more or less equal attributes, but bigger. Hell, about the only small guy who was able to beat bigger, world-class guys was Kazushi Sakuraba, and even he finally met his match when he met up with Wanderlei Silva. No, Chuck Kareem-kicks Zambidis away time after time, and KO's him while picking his teeth.