PDA

View Full Version : This sites advertising is annoying

Malice
04-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Is there a way to turn off the audio on these things?
If I hear "Congratulations you have won 2 ipod nanos" one more time I am going to IP ban myself.

Also the pages load so slow after a while, I use a Mac G5 so I don't think my browser has adware on it. I think it is due to all of this "ContentLink" hypertexting and stylesheeting you are masking on the page...where random words are hypertexted.

It is really bad.

Noob
04-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Is there a way to turn off the audio on these things?
If I hear "Congratulations you have won 2 ipod nanos" one more time I am going to IP ban myself.

Also the pages load so slow after a while, I use a Mac G5 so I don't think my browser has adware on it. I think it is due to all of this "ContentLink" hypertexting and stylesheeting you are masking on the page...where random words are hypertexted.

It is really bad.

Not sure if they make a version for the mac, but try getting firefox. I use firefox with an 'Adblock' plug-in and I have never seen a single pop-up or audio in all the time I've been posting here.

Legend
04-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Yes it is very annoying. The pop ups and banners are bad enough but what gets me pissed are the viruses. The guy who owns this site is a real douche bag from what I hear.

Clint
04-16-2007, 04:56 AM
I don't have any control over any of that. You'll have to PM Boone.

Like Noob, I use Firefox and I don't see any ads.

Malice
04-16-2007, 05:05 AM
OK got the ads blocked...whew nice. never had a site where you need a specific browser and blockers setup to be able to use it.

For anyone on a Mac needing a Ad blocker...here is a free one:
http://fsbsoftware.com/

strife
04-16-2007, 06:47 AM
I have the ad blocker on firefox enabled but this crap still pops up every-other link I click on the site.