fat faster? tanks for your help.
oh yeah i try to eat healthy and no soda.:banghead:

Noob
04-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi guys i am new and i have a question.
I started to worrk out about a week ago and my question is how can i loose
fat faster? tanks for your help.
oh yeah i try to eat healthy and no soda.:banghead:
Lol, I think everyone will have their two cents about this one.

The tried-and-true method I use to lose weight, for tournaments or whatever, is I go to the store and I buy Lean Cuisines. Silly-sounding, I know. They're actually pretty decent, and they're low on calories (some as low as 150 per dinner). I eat those, a mix of some fruits, some stir-fry, skim milk, and I keep a few 100 calorie snack packs around for deserts. I usually cheat once a week so that my body gets some fat. If you don't get any fat into your diet, you will stop losing weight after a short while as your body tries to storehouse (to protect) what fat you have remaining. This is true no matter how much fat you carry on you.

Get some fruit, maybe some vegetables, and a limited number of snacks. Try to eat smaller meals throughout the day, as opposed to less frequent but larger meals. Water is always good. Very underestimated imo for weight loss.

It's better to have longer workout, as opposed to more intense ones to burn fat. The first 45 minutes you work out, your body is going to use mostly carbohydrates to fuel you. At about an hour, your body uses a significantly higher percentage of fat to keep you going. So all things being equal, longer workouts are better even if they're a little lower in intensity.

Bottom line, it comes down to calorie consumption. If you're eating more than you use, you won't lose weight very fast, if at all. If you're putting more energy (calories) in than is coming out, it just doesn't work. At its simplest level that's what dieting is all about. Trying to increase the energy out and decrease the energy in, within reasonable levels.

Make your choices realistic though, don't overdo it and pick a plan that you can't keep up with over the long term. I have my addictions that I allow just because it keeps me sane.

Hope this helps. I'm sure other people will have their suggestions too. Take what you think will work for you, and tailor it around yourself. You know yourself better than anyone, and basing your plan around yourself tends to work best in my experience.

Lol, and welcome to the site. Your first post.

Malice
04-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Good post Noob.

One thing that I really like to do, and I have read much on this as I get older.

In order to maintain a high metabolisim you should eat smaller natural meals more often and don't eat anything late at night.

So I will do this:

Breakfast 7am: Banana, Granola and Blueberries..OJ to drink.
9:30: Almonds or nuts...not Cashews.
12:00 Turkey Salad..low dressing.
2:00 Low Fat Yogurt
4:00 Banana or Apple
7pm - Piece of Grilled Chicken and some green beans

No more eating for 12 hours.

Of course you need to have a 1-2 hour workout every night or morning to burn the fat..but this eating schedule will burn fat and maintain it off.

Clint
04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
It's better to have longer workout, as opposed to more intense ones to burn fat. The first 45 minutes you work out, your body is going to use mostly carbohydrates to fuel you. At about an hour, your body uses a significantly higher percentage of fat to keep you going. So all things being equal, longer workouts are better even if they're a little lower in intensity.

I actually disagree with this part. Intervals of very high intensity combined with intervals of lower intensity have been shown to burn more calories in less time. So even though you aren't burning fat directly, you burn a ton of muscle glycogen which your body then replaces by converting fat. The general estimate is that 15 minutes of Interval sprints will burn as much or more calories than 1 hour of jogging depending on intensities.

My advice:
Check out the FAQ thread stickied in this forum. Read the 7 habits and follow them. Eat plenty of lean protein because it is nearly a freebie, The amount of calories it takes your body to convert amino acids into glucose/fat is damn near the same as the calories in the protein.

Also eat as many veggies as you can, not only do these fill you up for very little calories the nutrients help your thyroids work properly which will help your weight loss tremendously.

For beverages drink NOTHING with calories in it except a whey protein shake post workout (to help maintain muscle mass). You would be amazed at how many calories some people drink in a day.

Noob
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
I actually disagree with this part. Intervals of very high intensity combined with intervals of lower intensity have been shown to burn more calories in less time. So even though you aren't burning fat directly, you burn a ton of muscle glycogen which your body then replaces by converting fat. The general estimate is that 15 minutes of Interval sprints will burn as much or more calories than 1 hour of jogging depending on intensities.

My advice:
Check out the FAQ thread stickied in this forum. Read the 7 habits and follow them. Eat plenty of lean protein because it is nearly a freebie, The amount of calories it takes your body to convert amino acids into glucose/fat is damn near the same as the calories in the protein.

Also eat as many veggies as you can, not only do these fill you up for very little calories the nutrients help your thyroids work properly which will help your weight loss tremendously.

For beverages drink NOTHING with calories in it except a whey protein shake post workout (to help maintain muscle mass). You would be amazed at how many calories some people drink in a day.

I find it's what works best for my body, I'm sure he'll figure out what works best for him.

I definitely agree with the drinks idea. It really is surprising how much intake people have from drinks alone. Water all the way.

Severn
04-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Lol, I think everyone will have their two cents about this one.

The tried-and-true method I use to lose weight, for tournaments or whatever, is I go to the store and I buy Lean Cuisines.

That's what I do and not only does it work but my I usually save money since they are always on sale.

estrex
04-18-2007, 06:29 AM
tank you guys i really apreciate your help.
i try to stay away from junk food but is just really hard
and i learn things that are really helpfull i will try hard,
my goal is 150lb now 165.

Noob
04-18-2007, 06:47 AM
That's what I do and not only does it work but my I usually save money since they are always on sale.

Lol, glad to know I'm not the only one who does that. I always feel a little strange going up to the register with Lean Cuisines, apples, skim milk, and 100 calorie snack packs.

Severn
04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Lol, glad to know I'm not the only one who does that. I always feel a little strange going up to the register with Lean Cuisines, apples, skim milk, and 100 calorie snack packs.

I know what you mean. Nothing makes me feel more awkward then being in line with 10 lean cuisine meals with some lady behind me with a stack of 1lbs hungry man dinners.

Noob
04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I know what you mean. Nothing makes me feel more awkward then being in line with 10 lean cuisine meals with some lady behind me with a stack of 1lbs hungry man dinners.

Lolol, I really thought I was the only one who went through that.

Tick
04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
A book I read on nutrition and made alot of sence to be is The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. I'd suggest getting that if you want to learn a little more, or at hte very least pick it up and browse through it at your local book store.

Noob makes a point when he says that the longer cardio is what works for him... That is the hardest part, finding what works for you.

My memory might be off but I think its 3500 calories in a pound of fat. So you dont want to intake that many calories in a day. 165 pound person probable wants an intake of 1500 calories a day or so. 6 meals to keep the metabolism going and all that jazz.

My weakness is icecream... I love milkshakes. Luckily for me I found that I can make a strawberry banana smoothie with some protein and be just as happy as I am with a chocolate milkshake. Plus it is much healthier, and filling.

Try adding a whey protein shake to your diet (post excercise probale best because then it feeds your muscle)

Something else to remember is dont forget lifting with weights. Muscle burns something like 3x's as much calories idle than fat does. After a workout for the next 3+ hours your muslces are continueing to burn extra calories while you relax. What a great benefit!

Clint
04-30-2007, 12:52 AM
1500 calories is way too low. You will fuck your metabolism that way. It is better in the long run to burn the calories through exercise than to eat too little.

Ramma
05-01-2007, 05:47 AM
The tried-and-true method I use to lose weight, for tournaments or whatever, is I go to the store and I buy Lean Cuisines. Silly-sounding, I know.

I got hungry today, so I bought a Lean Cuisine.. and you can feel proud about that

Severn
05-03-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm latino man and the one thing I crave is rice. It's been apart of almost all of my meals for as long as I've been alive. Oh man can I go for some right now...