PDA

View Full Version : The Contender: US vs UK

Afro
04-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Anyone watchin' this?

Freddy Curiel's fight was WOW, gettin beat in the fight IMO and knocks out the guy viciously in the 8th round, exciting fights man.

warrior06
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I missed it.

But I am going to catch the replay on espn2 thurs @6pm.

error2k5
04-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I've seen both fights. I never get to watch them when I want so I just TIVO them. The one before with smalls was an interesting matchup. That guy's style was so awkward. One that pretty much utilized his talent and speed. He was punching walter at such strange angles and dodging when you least expected it.

Afro
04-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Curiel's fight is replaying right now, loved that one.

warrior06
04-20-2007, 06:46 AM
That Curiel fight was amazing. He was getting walloped in the 3rd and 4th rounds and I thought that was it. Vicious KO. Reminded me of the short inside right Timmay used to KO Arlovski in their 2nd fight.

I hope the rest of the contender series is set up like this past episode. I was unimpressed with the drama and hype they tried to use in last seasons episodes. Showing the fighters girlfriends mid-round and that kind of direction.

Also, its good to see Sugar Ray Leonard be the Captain of the US team. Truly a living legend in the sport of boxing. What an honor for both sides to have such a distinguished fighter involved.

Thanks for the headsup Afro.

Afro
04-20-2007, 06:49 AM
I think they kept editing the show that way because the first contender season got great ratings

Severn
04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
The show's ok but I don't like that the fights are edited. Putting on a whole match might not be appealing to some but the whole slow-mo punch here and there, punch sound effects... it's like I don't know the real context of the fight as they can edit it anyway to show any angle they want to give.