PDA

View Full Version : Roger Mayweather on Floyd Mayweather Sr

JimmyMoore
04-19-2007, 07:40 AM
"What do I need to ask the guy when I know f--king boxing myself? I fought 27 world champions. What is he going to tell me? I fought more world champions than him, what is he going to tell me?

"I can't tell him not to be around his son. That's my brother, it ain't like I hate him.....the bottom line is he's still my brother, regardless of what people think or what people say or how we disagree. All brothers disagree. If we're doing something together, we're going to have a disagreement but the bottom line is I'm the one who's doing the training. I don't worry about the disagreement that he has with me because I'm the one who's training him.

"My brother can train god--mn Muhammad Ali. That don't mean sh-t. That don't make no difference because he trained Muhammad Ali.....You've got to remember one thing. I know boxing. I had 77 f--king fights. I had way more fights than my brother, so why do I have to get my brother's opinion about how to beat De La Hoya when I trained Floyd to beat the last 37 mother-f--kers? Why do I need Floyd (Senior's) opinion? Did he beat Zab Judah with Floyd or did he beat him with me? Did he beat Sharmba Mitchell with Floyd or did he beat him with me? Did he beat Jose Luis Castillo with Floyd or did he beat him with me? Did he beat Diego Corrales with Floyd or did he beat him with me? All right then, what do the f--k do I have to ask him for his opinion for?

It's obvious from this article and from de la hoya/mayweather 24/7 that there is serious tension in the mayweather camp. I know Floyd is an assclown anyway, but that sort of daily distraction can really affect a fighter's mentality coming into a fight. Hopefully, that will be the case. I think Oscar is gonna need all the help he can get.

Punk Ass
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
That's true. I think DLH will come in extra focused, and he doesn't have to worry about getting Koed and he's fighting a smaller fighter. DLH will win and shock the world.

Dork8503
04-20-2007, 01:49 AM
That's true. I think DLH will come in extra focused, and he doesn't have to worry about getting Koed and he's fighting a smaller fighter. DLH will win and shock the world.

I am picking Oscar for this. I think Floyd is steping up to far for this fight, meaning he is fighting a fighter that he isnt ready for. Can not wait for this shit to go down.

If Oscar ko's PBF before 7-8 rounds what does that mean for PBF

Afro
04-20-2007, 01:51 AM
PBF is more then ready for DLH lol, DLH is too inactive and PBF is more skilled then DLH that goes without saying

DLH is training better, but PBF is more talented its pretty even at this point IMO.

Salvy_Mic
04-20-2007, 06:32 AM
If Mayweather loses to de la Hoya, the only thing he can possibly do is go back to welterweight and defend his title against his mandatory....who happens to be Shane Mosley, the interim WBC titlist, in order to win his pride back. And that fight's even more dangerous than the one with de la Hoya. For one, he won't be faster than Mosley, just a little more skilled. And Mosley's got power and size on his side.

Matter of fact, if de la Hoya beats Mayweather, the only thing that Mayweather can begin doing in order to win his pride back is to start taking on all the big names at 147 and anyone who wants to move up. That means not only Mosley, but Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, and Ricky Hatton. If he beats Mosley, and at least two of the above 3, Floyd earns back his pride and more importantly, earns a ton of respect from boxing fans.

JimmyMoore
04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
If Mayweather loses to de la Hoya, the only thing he can possibly do is go back to welterweight and defend his title against his mandatory....who happens to be Shane Mosley, the interim WBC titlist, in order to win his pride back. And that fight's even more dangerous than the one with de la Hoya. For one, he won't be faster than Mosley, just a little more skilled. And Mosley's got power and size on his side.

You really don't think PBF is faster than Mosley?!

Salvy_Mic
04-20-2007, 07:04 PM
He's probably faster, but he won't have the enormous speed advantage that he typically enjoys, PBF I mean. If anything, he's only a hair faster than Mosley, who is fucking fast. I probably meant to say too much faster. For the record, I think Mosley kills Mayweather at lightweight. As would Chavez, Duran, Carlos Ortiz, and Benny Leonard, just to name a few.

smoogy
04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Thank god I don't belong to that family!

Caine2878
04-23-2007, 08:38 PM

Matter of fact, if de la Hoya beats Mayweather, the only thing that Mayweather can begin doing in order to win his pride back is to start taking on all the big names at 147 and anyone who wants to move up. That means not only Mosley, but Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, and Ricky Hatton. If he beats Mosley, and at least two of the above 3, Floyd earns back his pride and more importantly, earns a ton of respect from boxing fans.

I agree with Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito but Hatton is a bum and he lost that fight with Calazo but the judges gave that fight to him.

Salvy_Mic
04-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I agree with Mosley, Cotto, and Margarito but Hatton is a bum and he lost that fight with Calazo but the judges gave that fight to him.
I beg to differ, Hatton is no bum. He went up to welterweight too soon and underestimated a live and wily Collazo, who is certainly no joke (he only looked bad against Mosley, but then again, who doesn't, Forrest and Wright aside). When you hand the great Kostya Tszyu such a loss as he put on him, you cannot be considered a bum. Give Hatton another year or year and a half, and he'll be one of the top guys at 147.

Thaistylist
04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
How can you call Hatton a bum?! I think PBF would beat him handily but to judge him based on his fight against collazo is wrong. Salvy is right. Anyone who beats Kostya like he did deserves some credit.

Afro
04-24-2007, 02:53 AM
How can you call Hatton a bum?! I think PBF would beat him handily but to judge him based on his fight against collazo is wrong. Salvy is right. Anyone who beats Kostya like he did deserves some credit.
The U >>> FSU

Thaistylist
04-24-2007, 03:55 AM
haha FSU > U > UF

I actually have never had a prob with the U besides them ruining our seasons. I legitimately have hated the gates since I was like 8.

Afro
04-24-2007, 07:13 AM
haha FSU > U > UF

I actually have never had a prob with the U besides them ruining our seasons. I legitimately have hated the gates since I was like 8.
I hate any Florida team that isnt located in MIAMI but I still respect them

Dork8503
04-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I do not care for Hatton i think he is overrated but not by much.

Caine2878
04-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Hatton is way overrated who has he beaten beside Kostya? Prior to the fight with hatton kostya only had 1 fight in 29 months