PDA

View Full Version : Mike Van Arsdale vs. Tito Ortiz

killerinstinct
07-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Both have tasted defeat and victory who would win? I'd take Mike. Randy Couture said that Mike was the greatest wrestler he's ever fought and Randy spanked Tito so....I'd put my money on Mike.

I hate comparing guys like that though b/c mma isn't a math equation just b/c one guy beat this guy doesn't meant that guy is going to beat some other guy.

NinjaShogunRua
07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Van Arsdale is on a major skid losing his last 4 fights. I'd take Tito.

matto
07-13-2006, 06:28 AM
id say tito but im not sure he would finish the fight, im tired of waiting for a decision nearly all of his fights recently, except for the shamrock one of course

killerinstinct
07-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Van Arsdale is on a major skid losing his last 4 fights. I'd take Tito.
That's true ,but the last 2 wrestlers Tito fought he got dominated-Chuck and Randy.Now Mike is no Chuck or Randy ,but in Mike's fight with Randy there were more scrambles and was a lot closer fight than the 5 round domination of Tito by Randy.Randy said that Mike was the best wrestler he's fought and that means a lot coming from Randy.I'll take Mike even if he has been on a losing streak.

supermark21
07-15-2006, 02:59 AM
That's true ,but the last 2 wrestlers Tito fought he got dominated-Chuck and Randy.Now Mike is no Chuck or Randy ,but in Mike's fight with Randy there were more scrambles and was a lot closer fight than the 5 round domination of Tito by Randy.Randy said that Mike was the best wrestler he's fought and that means a lot coming from Randy.I'll take Mike even if he has been on a losing streak.
your right- when tito cant take a guy down he has a big problem. mike isnt a fighter that tito can open up with strikes either. tito will be ok if saul gets him ready to stand up with these guys

matto
07-16-2006, 07:21 AM
i just saw the mike vs. randy fight and mike and randy were closley matched when it came to wrestling, both world class. chuck isnt primarilly consitered a wrestler, he is a good wrestler with excellent takedown defence but is listed as a striker because he favors the striking, which makes for a leathle combination, people who like the fights on the ground will have a very very hard time with chuck trying to take him down, but they best shot for somebody to beat chuck is to beat him at his own game, somebody who is better then chuck at striking, which would be very hard to find, but thats y wand vs. chuck will be so good, they both want it on the feet, id hate to see eaither one of them lose, it will be a good fight and reguardless who wins im sure their will be a rematch and if it ties up then there will be a rubber match, if the first fight is a good fight they u can probably expect to see 1 or 2 more fights between them, depending who wins the second fight, but im sure wand will want to face tito to shut him the hell up, that damm trashtalker.

killerinstinct
07-16-2006, 07:26 AM
i just saw the mike vs. randy fight and mike and randy were closley matched when it came to wrestling, both world class. chuck isnt primarilly consitered a wrestler, he is a good wrestler with excellent takedown defence but is listed as a striker because he favors the striking, which makes for a leathle combination, people who like the fights on the ground will have a very very hard time with chuck trying to take him down, but they best shot for somebody to beat chuck is to beat him at his own game, somebody who is better then chuck at striking, which would be very hard to find, but thats y wand vs. chuck will be so good, they both want it on the feet, id hate to see eaither one of them lose, it will be a good fight and reguardless who wins im sure their will be a rematch and if it ties up then there will be a rubber match, if the first fight is a good fight they u can probably expect to see 1 or 2 more fights between them, depending who wins the second fight, but im sure wand will want to face tito to shut him the hell up, that damm trashtalker.
just curious who's your pick in this fight?You didn't really state it and BTW Chuck is a wrestler.His fighting style maybe Kickboxing ,but he's considered a wrestler.

matto
07-16-2006, 07:36 AM
thats a tough one, eaither tito gets wasted by the superior or he would attempt to ground and pound, but of couse wouldnt finish it and go to decision, fuckin ass hole, he claims that wand left because of him, im sure wand was upset by losing by decision when tito bascially just was trying to hit him from gaurd. i want to see him get ko'ed by chuck and wand.

ArMnHC
07-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Tito, Tito, and um Tito!!!

matto
07-17-2006, 11:12 AM
mike is an excellent wrestler but maybe he was just not meant for mma.

killerinstinct
11-04-2006, 05:11 AM
Tito, Tito, and um Tito!!!
I think Tito would get beat badly.

liddell316
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
I'd take Tito, although it'd be closer then most think.

ozzy2525
11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
ill say tito. it would be a good fight

Boo
11-04-2006, 06:21 PM
I'd go with Mike on this one. Though he is getting pretty old for the fighting game, so it would have to be soon or I'd have to change my pick.

BTW, the Arsdale vs Couture fight is one of my favorites.

killerinstinct
12-01-2006, 04:10 AM
I'd go with Mike on this one. Though he is getting pretty old for the fighting game, so it would have to be soon or I'd have to change my pick.

BTW, the Arsdale vs Couture fight is one of my favorites.
that was a good fight.

Afro
12-01-2006, 04:34 AM
I dont understand this

Tito is a wrestler, Van Arsdale is a much better wrestler.. why did we all vote for Tito? lol

killerinstinct
12-01-2006, 04:51 AM
I dont understand this

Tito is a wrestler, Van Arsdale is a much better wrestler.. why did we all vote for Tito? lol
I don't understand it either.I voted for Mike.

matto
12-09-2006, 11:22 AM
bs, mike would kick titos ass, tito's speciality is wrestling and he isnt even the best. liddell is a good wrestler and has good striking, randallman is a better wrestler and has good striking, linland, hendo, couture, rampage, dont u see a pattern, all of them r good wrestlers but also r good strikers. they manage to be great wrestlers while being great strikers, he pisses me off. i hope he is still fighting when i start to fight, cause i would love to kick his ass, but i would have to do a lot of wrestling until then, if i could avoid his takedown, i would ko that sob so fast.

matto
12-09-2006, 11:25 AM
ya its bs, i hate tito so much, mike is a better wrestler. liddell, sobral, shogun, nog, rampage r obvious wins over tito and would only prove what we already know, i would just love to see tito vs. randallman. kevin would fuck tito up eaither way u look at it, he is a better wrestler and could slam the hell out of tito. or he could ko tito so easily cause he has great hands. tito hasnt faced the people that randallman has discluding couture and liddell and a young wand that would beat the shit out of him now.

matto
12-09-2006, 11:26 AM
i would pay 1000$ to face tito in a muy thai style match on national tv.

killerinstinct
12-09-2006, 06:09 PM
i would pay 1000$ to face tito in a muy thai style match on national tv.
You'd have to add a few more zeros to that.

Afro
12-09-2006, 06:16 PM
in there primes, Van Arsdale no questions asked.. better wrestler, arguably better submission game and striker.

killerinstinct
12-09-2006, 06:23 PM
in there primes, Van Arsdale no questions asked.. better wrestler, arguably better submission game and striker.
If the fight happened tommorow ,I'd still take Mike ,even if he is on a losing streak.

Like Tank Abbott used to always say Tank's the only tough guy to ever come from Huntington beach.

Masscore
12-09-2006, 07:22 PM
A couple of year ago, I would take Van Arsdale. But I think time has caught up with him and he is not the same fighter he once was. So in that aspect I am gonna have to go with Tito. Just because Van Arsdale is the better wrestler doesn't mean Tito can't take him down. And with how Van Arsdale career has gone down the drain I could eaily see Tito taking him down and ground and pounding him.

As for Liddell. The guy is not a wrestler. Yes he did wrestle. Big deal, so did Joe Riggs is he considered a wrestler? Joe Riggs is acctually a far more accomplished wrestler then most in the UFC. Yet no one calls him a wrestler. Liddell did wrestle Div 1.... at Cal Poly. A school that is not known for wrestling what so ever. The main reason he has such good take down defense is because he uses the octagon to his advantage and has learned how to use it. I am willing to bet in a real wrestling match, Tito, Corture, Sobral, Van Arsdale and Evans would all beat Liddell. Probably soundly. So yea, Liddell is striker that knows how to use the Octagon to his advantage. He is in no way a wrestler what so ever.

matto
12-10-2006, 10:51 AM
titos striking is a joke, he doesnt even try to strike, he is so obvious, he isnt taht well rounded, there r a lot of better wrestlers out that that r also very good strikers. horrible striker vs. a great striker in liddell at 66+not being able to take chuck down=ktfo for tito, that assbag should get kicked out of the ufc or get a pay cut.

Dork8503
12-10-2006, 11:16 AM
wow alot of hate for tito, right now id pick tito, primes mike but now id take tito, randy couldnt finish tito in 5 rounds only took him 3 to finish mike, but i know i KNOW mma math dont work its pointless but i think tito would beat him tomarrow

killerinstinct
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
wow alot of hate for tito, right now id pick tito, primes mike but now id take tito, randy couldnt finish tito in 5 rounds only took him 3 to finish mike, but i know i KNOW mma math dont work its pointless but i think tito would beat him tomarrow
Randy's fight with Mike Van Arsadale was a lot closer ,than his fight with Tito though.

Like you said though this isn't math.

Dork8503
12-12-2006, 01:10 PM
math dont work , they could fight and either one could end it in a matter of seconds , as well as the tito chuck fight coming up tito could beat, unlikely but possible thats why math dont work, but its fun to think about it