PDA

View Full Version : TUF mistakes and improvements

da@LARGE
04-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Each season changes have been made to TUF's format, which I think is really smart of the UFC to do.

But I wanted to know what you guys think have been positive and negative changes to the show.

My pics are:
Having one weight class represented was a good move. While the Burger King standings CGI that the cast has to pretend to read is cartoonish.

Clint
04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Each season changes have been made to TUF's format, which I think is really smart of the UFC to do.

But I wanted to know what you guys think have been positive and negative changes to the show.

My pics are:
Having one weight class represented was a good move. While the Burger King standings CGI that the cast has to pretend to read is cartoonish.
That CGI standings is fucking dumb, ateast make it layed out like a tournament bracket.

tmac
04-24-2007, 06:01 AM
One improvement is that they used to do these games to determine who would pick the fight. I thought that this was really lame. I am so happy that they moved to the format where the winner picks the next fight until they lose.

Even though, if one more person says "We got the hammer" I am going to throw something at the TV. :banghead:

duffman83
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM
The games were admittedly stupid. That said, ever since they were lost one team has all but run the table on the other. I think something could be done to rectify this, because it starts to make the fights too predictable (and leads to some spectacular mismatches, like the first two fights this year).

Mastiff_owner
04-25-2007, 01:41 AM
The one thing they have absolutely failed to do is find the correct balance between the training people like me want to see and the reality tv aspect that alot of casual fans want to see. It seems as though it is either all or nothing of one or the other. I preferred the last season because there was so much focus on the training but they lost a percentage of the viewers because there wasn't enough drama. It looks like this year is all drama which I hate but will watch to see the fight at the end and virtually no training in the show.

jbart321
04-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Even though, if one more person says "We got the hammer" I am going to throw something at the TV. :banghead:

I can't agree more. Lord, why do they need to say that?

I think the show is better every season, but I think they could actually cut the show down. I find myself sometimes tuning into just the last 15 minutes to see the fight. All the rest of the show is like watching Real World. I don't know, maybe it's not that bad, but the really important thing is the fight.

Tick
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
All the rest of the show is like watching Real World. I don't know, maybe it's not that bad, but the really important thing is the fight.

It is like watching realworld with out the slutty chicks...

ryabusa
04-25-2007, 06:01 PM
They need to make the losers go home. Having them hang around for drama is wretched. Gabe is the douchiest douche this side of doucheworld and I hate the fact that even if someone kicks his ass we're still going to have to deal with his douchiness. Not only that, but having the tools stay in the house adds to the crappy Real World feel and makes it a hell of a lot harder on the guys that deserve to be there.

Btw, I don't like Gabe.

kickass32
04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I was going to say that...and I guess I am going to say it.....when you lose a fight you gotta get outta the house......they cause to much of a distraction, and it's not fair to the other fighters.
If you must keep them around in case of injury, send them to another house, and allow them to continue to train.

ryabusa
04-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I would love to see a season of TUF that was all heavyweights. Only because I picture it being the polar opposite of this season. Rather than a bunch of hyper-sensitive little men blowing out their chests to fight off their Napoleon complexes we'll get a bunch of big guys hanging out having witty conversations and pie eating contests.

Ok, that is probably not what would happen, but it would be a lot more entertaining than Gaybe calling everyone a homo and getting tubes shoved up his ass.

Soul_Edge
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Most of the HW's they usually get are more comfortable and better suited to be LHWs. They had HWs on season two but the only one who actually stayed at heavy and fights is Brad Imes. Mike Whitehead had a few fights but was less than stellar. Both Rashad (who won the show as a HW) and Jardine dropped down and are having much more success. The UFC isn't in as much need for HW's anymore, but having sixteen MW would have been a smarter decision.

da@LARGE
04-26-2007, 06:24 AM
They need to make the losers go home. Having them hang around for drama is wretched.

I agree. Even though it's kind of a Survivor-like gimmick, it makes the fights more suspenseful if the loser leaves the house.

Also, it winds the show down nicely as the number of guys decrease and they're all left in the house with their next opponents.

jamesg2323
04-28-2007, 01:21 AM
I agree that the "contests" to determine who would choose the fight were usually pointless, but something different needs to be done.

I think each team should have a week to train with their coaches. At that point Dana and both teams coaches would get together and pick all the first round matchups. You could still let the winning team from each week pick who would fight next, but their opponent would already be chosen. This way each fighter could spend more time training for a specific opponent.

mattyc
04-29-2007, 01:41 AM
What I dislike the most about this season are the fighters when they're at home- they're just not as interesting as other seasons. I think they should bring back games, but the winners don't get "the hammer." Instead, they just get prizes. That, and each game is played against teammates, not the other team- that'll stir up the pot, haha.

neonatural45
04-29-2007, 01:48 AM
I hate having people stay at the house. ITs far too crowded, hell I was watching episode 4(?) and I saw two people that ive sworn havent been on camera for the rest of the season. I had no idea who they were. If the losers actually go home it makes for a better tv show when its down to 4 people and there actually is only 4 people. I guess they didnt want to pay for a losers house no more