PDA

View Full Version : PBF vs DLH breakdown

Punk Ass
04-24-2007, 11:20 AM
OK I know people have already gave their opinions but I tryed searching for it and couldn't find anything so, one last time:

Who is going to win this fight and how?

IMO, DLH is too big, too strong, and almost equally skilled, and that's enough to beat or KO PBF. I think DLH will chase him around the ring, bullying him, catching him with body shots and just plain and simply rough PBF up, maybe even knocking him down once in the fight.

If Baldomir chased PBF around the ring (even though PBF gave him a boxing lesson) then DLH will have him running for his life, and DLH is no Baldomir, PBF can't make DLH like stupid and miss every punch he throws, DLH is too fast and too skilled. Not that he's faster than PBF, but fast enough not to look like a retard.

Opinions?

Afro
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed, there both defensive boxers but DLH can push foward as well, overall.. DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed! he got beat by SSM because of hand speed, PBF is the more active boxer, and the better boxer whos gonna hit PBF 3 times for every 1 time DLH hits him and win by Decision.

But in all honesty, I bet this fight goes back and fourth for 12 rounds.

JimmyMoore
04-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I think the decisive factor in this fight will be how Floyd's speed is effected by the jump in weight. Of course he wont be as fast at 154, but the question is how much slower will he be? If Oscar can jump on him fast and frustrate him, surprise him with the difference in power, he might have a chance to pull it off. But i wouldnt count on it. Mayweather is just so fast and slick, i think his skills alone will just be too much for oscar.
However, I really think we shouldnt over look the daily animosity in the Mayweather camp between Floyd Sr and Roger. Mental distractions like that are just the sort of thing that catch an extremely talented fighter off guard, and they end up losing a fight they shouldnt.
Mayweather by unanimous decision.

Adambomb
04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
While DLH did lose twice to Sugar Shane, let's not forget that floyd got knocked down by Zab Judah. De La Hoya has much more power than Judah, so IF he can hit PBF enough early on to slow him down later in the fight I can see him getting a late KO. Catching Mayweather is going to be his most difficult task, but if he can turn it into a war there's no doubt in my mind that the Golden Boy will come out on top.

In the end Floyd may just be too fast for Oscar. Most likely he'll win a decision.

Caine2878
04-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes Zab did knock PBF down but lets be real DLH isn't anywhere near as fast as Zab was so its going to be much harder for him to land a clean enough shot to put PBF down. PBF's defense is the key to this fight not his handspeed he doesn't have enough power to do any damage to DLH but he will land more punches than DLH and win a decision.

Thaistylist
04-24-2007, 01:54 PM
For DLH to win I think he has to go to the body in the early rounds and try and slow down PBFs superior speed. I'm interested to see if he will try and come straight forward to utilize his strength or lay back and be a defensive boxer.

I wish luis was still here to give us his take:sadsmile1:

Punk Ass
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes Zab did knock PBF down but lets be real DLH isn't anywhere near as fast as Zab was so its going to be much harder for him to land a clean enough shot to put PBF down. PBF's defense is the key to this fight not his handspeed he doesn't have enough power to do any damage to DLH but he will land more punches than DLH and win a decision.

How old are you, and how many times did you see DLH fight?? Your talking as if DLH is slow. He's very fast, it just so happens PBF and Zab are a lil faster. Hell those two are faster then everybody but it didn't stop JLC from giving PBF a tough fight or Tzu from knocking Zab on his ass. If anybody can counter a slight speed advantage it's DLH.

LOL about you saying DLH will not land a clean shot.

DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed, there both defensive boxers but DLH can push foward as well, overall.. DLH cant handle PBFs handspeed! he got beat by SSM because of hand speed, PBF is the more active boxer, and the better boxer whos gonna hit PBF 3 times for every 1 time DLH hits him and win by Decision.

But in all honesty, I bet this fight goes back and fourth for 12 rounds. Did you see the second fight? SSM's speed was not a factor at all. They went back and forth but most peoples concensus was DLH won that fight and the judges were blind. But that happens in boxing a lot.

Afro
04-24-2007, 06:10 PM
SSM won that 2nd fight, I hate that people keep rubbing it off as a DLH win if that were any other boxer, it would of been an SSM win it just isnt easy to judge a boxing match and in no way did DLH decisively win that fight, it coulda gone either way.

and I do believe DLH can knock down PBF, and probably will but I also believe PBF is gonna hit DLH more times then DLH hits him, enough to win the fight even if he gets knocked down, and hell ill say it I think he PBF can score a knockdown too.. so what if DLH is big like a Baldomir and PBF couldnt knock down Baldomir, its a different fight, different gameplan. DLH is too inactive.

Punk Ass
04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
SSM won that 2nd fight, I hate that people keep rubbing it off as a DLH win if that were any other boxer, it would of been an SSM win it just isnt easy to judge a boxing match and in no way did DLH decisively win that fight, it coulda gone either way.

and I do believe DLH can knock down PBF, and probably will but I also believe PBF is gonna hit DLH more times then DLH hits him, enough to win the fight even if he gets knocked down, and hell ill say it I think he PBF can score a knockdown too.. so what if DLH is big like a Baldomir and PBF couldnt knock down Baldomir, its a different fight, different gameplan. DLH is too inactive.

I agree, SSM vs DLH 2 was tough to call, but I just didn't see speed being a factor thats all.

And as far as the upcoming fight, we shall see, you could be right, I just don't think so.

Afro
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I could be just hoping to be right cuz I wanna see PBF become a huge draw, and im fed up with DLH being the only big draw but we'll see.. DLH is a damn good boxer.

Salvy_Mic
04-25-2007, 05:42 AM
I suppose Manny Pacquiao isn't a big draw then...

Well, let's see. It's hard for me to be objective, since the active hatred that I hold for Mayweather is only exceeded by my childhood favoritism that I hold for de la Hoya. I truly and firmly believe Oscar will win this fight, somehow or another.

Yes, Mayweather is better than Oscar in terms of speed, defense, and overall boxing ability, but for once, these advantages won't be as overwhelming as they usually are in Mayweather's favor. Oscar's footwork is very good and I believe he'll be able to effectively cut off the ring enough to put Mayweather where he wants him and keep him there. Not to say Mayweather's gonna get totally dominated, but I believe Oscar has enough intelligence, acumen, and quickness to put pressure on Mayweather early and often, and when they do exchange, Oscar is much more capable than Mayweather is to put the hurt on. Mayweather hasn't had much pop since he left 135, whereas Oscar's been able to carry most of his 154. Combine that with his great chin, and I think Oscar will be able to walk through most of whatever Mayweather gets through Oscar's defense, which is actually pretty good. He'll be a lot more aggressive than Mayweather and he's good enough and strong enough to cause some noticeable damage to Mayweather's face.

Other than that, I think Mayweather has to blow Oscar out of the water in a clear, wide decision in order to pick up the W. He's not gonna be able to knock him out, but Oscar will more than keep it close. And if it's a really close fight going to the scorecards, the fact that Oscar is Oscar and Mayweather is Mayweather will sway the cards into Oscar's favor. So therefore, I predict Oscar wins by either late, late round stoppage or decision.

Thaistylist
04-25-2007, 09:39 AM
^ I'm the exact opposite. When I was a child I hated DLH (mainly because of his hot ex-wife from pacific blue, i was like 12 so it made sense) and recently I started to love PBF. I don't think PBF is as bad as people make him out to be. He acts like a prick because fights don't sell if it isnt interesting and he sells himself. Watching him interact with his family and friends he seems to be a genuine individual.

Punk Ass
04-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I suppose Manny Pacquiao isn't a big draw then...

Well, let's see. It's hard for me to be objective, since the active hatred that I hold for Mayweather is only exceeded by my childhood favoritism that I hold for de la Hoya. I truly and firmly believe Oscar will win this fight, somehow or another.

Yes, Mayweather is better than Oscar in terms of speed, defense, and overall boxing ability, but for once, these advantages won't be as overwhelming as they usually are in Mayweather's favor. Oscar's footwork is very good and I believe he'll be able to effectively cut off the ring enough to put Mayweather where he wants him and keep him there. Not to say Mayweather's gonna get totally dominated, but I believe Oscar has enough intelligence, acumen, and quickness to put pressure on Mayweather early and often, and when they do exchange, Oscar is much more capable than Mayweather is to put the hurt on. Mayweather hasn't had much pop since he left 135, whereas Oscar's been able to carry most of his 154. Combine that with his great chin, and I think Oscar will be able to walk through most of whatever Mayweather gets through Oscar's defense, which is actually pretty good. He'll be a lot more aggressive than Mayweather and he's good enough and strong enough to cause some noticeable damage to Mayweather's face.

Other than that, I think Mayweather has to blow Oscar out of the water in a clear, wide decision in order to pick up the W. He's not gonna be able to knock him out, but Oscar will more than keep it close. And if it's a really close fight going to the scorecards, the fact that Oscar is Oscar and Mayweather is Mayweather will sway the cards into Oscar's favor. So therefore, I predict Oscar wins by either late, late round stoppage or decision.

I agree 100%

Afro
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM
either way im hoping for a great, great, great fight and a rematch no matter who the winner is

Adambomb
04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
DLH-SSM II was a close fight and could have gone either way. you can't just say Oscar "should've" won because then you have to analyze close fights he won like the bout against Pernell Whitaker. Many feel he lost that fight. DLH only got robbed against Trinidad.

Floyd is easily the favorite, but he's never been in a war before. DLH is VERY talented and may be great enough to turn it into a brawl. We know his chin is rock solid. What about Floyd's? PBF never been pushed to the brink before. I'm not saying Oscar will definitely be the one to finally do it, but IF he's able to, the fight will probably go his way.

If PBF doesn't get hurt and the fight is just a boxing exhibition then Oscar has no chance in hell.

Caine2878
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
How old are you, and how many times did you see DLH fight?? Your talking as if DLH is slow. He's very fast, it just so happens PBF and Zab are a lil faster. Hell those two are faster then everybody but it didn't stop JLC from giving PBF a tough fight or Tzu from knocking Zab on his ass. If anybody can counter a slight speed advantage it's DLH.

LOL about you saying DLH will not land a clean shot.

Did you see the second fight? SSM's speed was not a factor at all. They went back and forth but most peoples concensus was DLH won that fight and the judges were blind. But that happens in boxing a lot.

I'm 28 and I have seen all of DLH's fights. If you can read I said it would be harder for him to land a clean shot not that he won't.

seafood
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
i may be buying into the hype, but i have a feeling this fight won't go without controversy. many are predicting DLH will jump on PBF as soon as possible; i'm hoping PBF can elude his opponent long enough until he tires. i'm predicting a draw. that, or mayweather breaks his hand again and loses a decision. but again, i could just be deluded by the hype.

Dork8503
04-26-2007, 04:40 PM
either way im hoping for a great, great, great fight and a rematch no matter who the winner is

Do you think that if Oscar won that PBF he would want a rematch. Also i think if PBF won he would not give Oscar that rematch.

Salvy_Mic
04-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Actually, I firmly believe that there won't be a rematch unless it's a draw (unlikely). If Mayweather wins, he won't give Oscar a rematch because he's already earned the biggest win of his career, and him being all about money and "legacy", he won't want to risk it by giving Oscar another crack at beating him. He'll pick and choose whatever fight he wants from now on, knowing he's guaranteed to make at least $5 million per fight no matter who he fights and basically does the Roy Jones thing and end up with mismatches, because he would have felt he's got no more reason to put up with further stern challenges, asides from fighting Mosley, which he must do if he wants to hold onto his title.

If Oscar wins, he's got no reason to give Mayweather a rematch, in fact, he just may retire right on the spot. His legacy would have been enhanced at least 3 times over, and since Oscar is rolling in dough already and would have officially earned not just great, not just all-time great, but straight-up legend status, he can sit back and bask in the glory of his greatest victory ever (which should have been the Trinidad fight anyway). Really, there aren't very many people for him left to fight: Judah, should he beat Cotto, is a possibility, but I don't think he'll leave 147, where there are other big money fights. Mosley is his bestest buddy in the world now, and having beaten Oscar twice, there's no clamoring or need for a trilogy. Margarito or Cotto, especially if they win their next title defenses (against Williams and Judah, respectively) and beat the other in a title unification, are unlikely as they are with Top Rank, who haven't done business with Golden Boy for awhile now. Spinks, if he beats Taylor, is most likely to stay at middleweight and try to build his legacy. If he loses, he goes back down 154, and tries to get tough fights. This, for me, is the most likely guy for Oscar to fight, especially and surprisingly, if Spinks beats Taylor. Now, the reigning, definitive champion at middlweight is really a guy who belongs at jr. middleweight, would have earned serious ATG points to tack onto his career, and at his size, is a guy Oscar could have a serious chance at beating (unlike Hopkins, who as he showed recently, could easily fight at 175, let alone 160.) And if he puts in a good showing but loses, he can still get a chance at unifying titles with the money man in boxing and become the real champion at 154, just like he was, at one point, the real champion at 147 at one point in his career. There's no one else at 154, for Oscar to fight that anyone would care about, asides from maybe Kassim Ouma (Travis Simms? Sergei Dzindiziruk? Roman Karmazin? Those are, respectively, the WBA, WBO, and former IBF titlists). Now that I've ranted, I think I'll make a thread now about a potential de la Hoya/Spinks fight, which is really quite possible at either 154 or 160.

JimmyMoore
05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
"Oscar De La Hoya has invited his former trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. to attend Saturday's De La Hoya-Mayweather PPV clash as his guest. The elder Mayweather and his son Floyd Mayweather Jr., have had a major and very public soap opera-like falling out with both publicly ripping each other. The Golden Boy has responded by giving a pair of tickets to Floyd Sr., who has stopped attending his estranged son's workouts. Floyd Jr. told AFP that he wasn't impressed by Oscar's gesture. "He gives my dad two tickets to the fight. That's not two million dollars. He doesn't see he is getting played by them."

I know I keep saying this, but Floyd's head is not in this fight. Maybe it wont matter. If there is any boxer out there who can get by on skills alone it's definately PBF. But i would not be at all surprised to see Mayweather off his game. This was such a slick, cerebral move by Oscar, capitalizing on the media focus of the animosity between the two. I'm tellin you, he's gotten into Mayweather's head.

Salvy_Mic
05-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, and I just read that Mayweather's sycophant business partner Leonard Ellerbe said that Mayweather will never fight Shane Mosley, because Mosley is now a "sparring partner" and Mayweather doesn't fight "sparring partners". Pussy move, Floyd. I must see Floyd get his ass kicked at least once, whether it be by Oscar, Shane, or whoever, I need to see it. He seriously needs to get his head deflated. Maybe once that happens, we'll begin to see some decent fights. Margarito is dying to fight him, and Cotto and Hatton want him too.

C'mon Oscar! I'm counting on you homeboy!

Salvy_Mic
05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
http://sjl.funnyordie.com/v1/view_video.php?viewkey=c48fbf47535e888c02ae

Weird, but pretty funny video Oscar made about Floyd. According to him, the fight won't end on May 5th....good sense of humor from Oscar though.

Punk Ass
05-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, and I just read that Mayweather's sycophant business partner Leonard Ellerbe said that Mayweather will never fight Shane Mosley, because Mosley is now a "sparring partner" and Mayweather doesn't fight "sparring partners". Pussy move, Floyd. I must see Floyd get his ass kicked at least once, whether it be by Oscar, Shane, or whoever, I need to see it. He seriously needs to get his head deflated. Maybe once that happens, we'll begin to see some decent fights. Margarito is dying to fight him, and Cotto and Hatton want him too.

C'mon Oscar! I'm counting on you homeboy!

I think hatton has a decent chance just because of the presure he puts on fighters, and people forget PBF is a natural Jr. Lightweight.

But tonight, PBF dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cruzifiedmotherfuck

Kimuras"R"Us
05-05-2007, 01:48 PM
There's been a couple posts saying that they think Mayweather isn't a bad guy but that he's just talking the fight up and playing the bad guy... Does anyone else think that he's legitimately insane like I do? I don't think it's an act at all I think he's actually nuts. I'm not even trying to be funny I think he's got more than a few screws loose.

Salvy_Mic
05-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Mayweather's just completely delusional and arrogant, about how his reputation, his legacy, and so forth. He's already talked shit to, of all people, Sugar Ray Leonard, considers himself greater than him, Robinson, Ali, Hagler, etc., and honestly, truly believes that he, not Oscar, the legitimate superstar who's been making halves of mega fights since 1997, is the one selling the fight. Yeah, Mayweather definitely is a little more than a head case.
He is seriously the type who needs to lose at some point to bring his inflated ego down to manageable proportions. To me, Mayweather becoming the face of boxing is a sickening, unconscionable prospect. Yeah, I know Ali was arrogant too, but with Ali, he actually fought all the best there was to fight to prove it and had enormous charisma and a sense of humor that made him entertaining. And with Ali also being a defensive fighter, Ali also found himself in 4 Ring Magazine Fights of the Year. So unlike Mayweather, who's ducked anyone good since he moved up to 140, Ali was an entertaining boxer who fought anyone and everyone and one the hearts of boxing fans all over the world in the process. And Mayweather thinks he's a greater legend than him? Pffft.

Noob
05-05-2007, 07:12 PM
War De La Hoya.

bradlee180
05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7301/df09delahoyavsmayweatheru5.png (http://imageshack.us)

The Showstopper
05-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Can anyone direct me to an internet site where i can get live updates of the fight?

Highlander
05-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Can anyone direct me to an internet site where i can get live updates of the fight?

Does anybody know a site for live streaming?

The Showstopper
05-05-2007, 09:46 PM
indeed, thats what i meant to say

Noob
05-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Does anybody know a site for live streaming?

If you want to go to sopcast.org and download their player I can get you a link to watch it free.

Pm me after you download their player and I'll give it to you.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 09:52 PM
If you want to go to sopcast.org and download their player I can get you a link to watch it free.

Pm me after you download their player and I'll give it to you.

It won't let me go there. It just keeps saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Do you at least know a link for live results?

error2k5
05-05-2007, 09:55 PM
http://www.download.com/SopCast/3000-2424_4-10601521.html

I found a d/l link because I have the same problem...i don't know if this is the updated version though

Noob
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
It won't let me go there. It just keeps saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I don't have any live results.

Here, it's a rapidshare link to download the installer:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9514746/SopCast.zip

Once you get it installed, pm me and I'll give you the link for the stream.

One caveat though: If you want this stream, pm me soon. Once the DLH, PBF fight starts I'm not going to be at my computer. If you don't get it from me before the fight starts you'll be out of luck.

Noob
05-05-2007, 10:06 PM

I may actually end up doing a results thread for the fight.

It still stands that if you want the link to the stream, please get it from me before the fight starts.