PDA

View Full Version : next fight for anderson silva

MMAKIng
07-14-2006, 06:51 AM
who would everyone like to see anderson silva fight b4 he goes at rich franklin. i would personally like to see him fight ed herman. even though ed is not proven in the ufc, i just wanna see that trailer trash get his a$$ whooped. knock the red out the lil hoes hair, he talks to much smack for not even fighting anyone besides kendall grove. but other than that maybe david loussau, that would be a great striking match......

air biscuit
07-14-2006, 07:09 AM
Herman was humble and concilliatory after his fight with Kendall Grove. I thought that showed a lot towards his character. Even though I didn't want him to win, I think he beat Grove in that fight.

Silva would kill him, though. No point in destroying his young career this early on.

supermark21
07-14-2006, 07:12 AM
my opinion ed won that fight. but ed really needs to build up alot more experience against tough fighters before he goes out there and gets hurt

Nate_Deezy
07-14-2006, 08:57 PM
I think there are a lot of great middleweights out there for him to take on. People seem to relate a lot to the Ultimate Fighter since it came on the scene, but most of these guys aren't ready for the type of competition Anderson Silva brings to the table just yet. I think guys like Jeremy Horn, Matt Lindland, and Nathan Marquardt would be a good solid test for him right now. Especially Horn, who has never been K.O'ed (not counting his "T.K.O" to Chuck Liddell which I still see as a verbal tapout) in his entire mma career, and has only been knocked down by a strike in a fight by Chuck. Although Anderson has already beaten him once by a unanimous decision, it would really show the mainstream mma fans that not only can Jeremy Horn take a WICKED punch, but also that Anderson is just human, even tho he looked like a machine against the fan favorite Leben.

On another end of the spectrum, I would like to see him go up against Evan Tanner, the former middleweight champion, as sort of a proving grounds to get to Rich Franklin. Nothing gives you more credibility in the eyes of the champ than convincingly beating the guy he took the belt from. It would be a quick and easy way for Silva to get into Franklin's head. That's my 2 cents.