PDA

View Full Version : Andy Wang: What was he thinking?

Steel
04-27-2007, 07:27 AM
You have BJ Penn in your corner.

He tells you before the fight to punch a little bit and shoot.

You admit that you are prone to brawling but won;t do it this fight.

BJ screams to shoot repeatedly.

So what do you do?

Brawl. For the entire fight..landing nothing...getting bloodied up. Afterwards, cry..no, weep....and look a schmuck in front of BJ and Dana.

I usually like most fighters, but this guy was really a letdown.

Afro
04-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Hes 5-6 for a reason

ArMnHC
04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
have you looked at his record? all his fights except for one, went to a decision. how do guys with losing records keep getting on TUF?

Steel
04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
LOL...but he *IS* a warrior!

I think he said warrior more than Diego does in his interviews and promos..thats a lot!

mcdev88
04-27-2007, 07:39 AM
haha yeah i was thinkin this guy has to be an idiot. he must have wanted to be one of the guys bj hates. you cant get much stupider then him. i was yelling "SHOOT YOU IDIOT!" in my room. lol.

ArMnHC
04-27-2007, 07:41 AM
haha yeah i was thinkin this guy has to be an idiot. he must have wanted to be one of the guys bj hates. you cant get much stupider then him. i was yelling "SHOOT YOU IDIOT!" in my room. lol.
im sure whoever fights ol' Melendez next will learn from Andy's mistakes...

ArMnHC
04-27-2007, 07:55 AM
i just watched the fight...it's UNBEARABLE! and what makes it worse then it really truly was, was hearing BJ screaming at the top of his lungs in the background, "TAKE HIM DOWN ANDY!" and "SHOOT ANDY!" and "SINGLE LEG ANDY!"...he's a dumbass. terrible fight. nuff said on this one.

Gurry
04-27-2007, 08:11 AM
i think i had a seizure at one point screaming at the tv SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. What a douchebag, one thing i noticed about TUF is the losers who say they wanna be warriors always end up crying or some bitch action i.e. Noah after he decided to leave, Ross Pointon saying hes a warrior before he foguht bisping and cried after having bisping console him. And now, andy wang when he said i wanna be remembered as a warrior but i dunno wtf that was in the ring, i havent cried like that since gr 1 when my brother sacked me. Completle idiot, deserved to lose although at one poiint i hoped brandon melenedez just rocked him and made him feel dumb.

SimpleJack
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Hahahaha.....BJ making fun of him for crying. That was classic for me.

808botz
04-27-2007, 08:45 AM
I cant stand that guy now. Just didnt listen at all. Bj is the man for making fun of him. If i was bj i would boot his ass of right now. I still cant belive he cried like a bitch after he lost. He LOST the fight. Bjj black belt but he wants to stand and throw sloppy ass punches like he's a gassed out heavy Wt.

ArMnHC
04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
he deserved to be made fun of by BJ! pulled a Forrest Griffin, wouldn't listen to his coach or teammates, stubborn...total idiot. guys like that need not be in the UFC.

virtualpurple
04-27-2007, 11:54 AM
i think i had a seizure at one point screaming at the tv SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. What a douchebag, one thing i noticed about TUF is the losers who say they wanna be warriors always end up crying or some bitch action i.e. Noah after he decided to leave, Ross Pointon saying hes a warrior before he foguht bisping and cried after having bisping console him. And now, andy wang when he said i wanna be remembered as a warrior but i dunno wtf that was in the ring, i havent cried like that since gr 1 when my brother sacked me. Completle idiot, deserved to lose although at one poiint i hoped brandon melenedez just rocked him and made him feel dumb.

I don't really think there's anything wrong with crying...some people just get pretty emotional. Your bit about Noah and Andy I can definetely understand, they're tools. Ross Pointon is a registered BAMF, however. He took the fight with bisping at a moments notice when two other people completely wussed out...not to mention he fought at a different weight class then he'd cut for to begin with.

Dude may have lost, but he went out like a man and even hit Bisping with a good shot or two. Maybe he cried a little bit, big deal...go ahead and say something about that to his face and you're guarunteed to have yours rearranged.

Steel
04-27-2007, 12:49 PM
SHOOT! SHOOT!

SINGLE! SINGLE!

Oh wait...it's an overhead right.

SHOOT! SHOOT!

He's...oh. Overhead Right.

Poor BJ. He must've wanted to kill Wang, especially after the weeping.

jcmichaels42
04-27-2007, 02:38 PM
BJ was hilarious after that fight. "WAH WAH" hahah. And all these guys that want to be "warriors" need to learn that being a warrior doesn't mean you're gonna win. Especially with the stupidity Wang displayed in that fight.

If you're a fighter with a losing record and you ignore the instructions of BJ Penn, then you deserve to lose again.

jbart321
04-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Andy Wang is pitiful. With all of his talk I was expecting something, but got nothing. Not sure what he was thinking in that fight. He was like Diego in the Koscheck, just stood there and took a beating instead of doing what he should have done.

sneakybastaad
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, that was sorry. The whole time I was saying 'Punch, punch, shoot.'....never happened. I honestly think he could've won that fight on the ground. Oh well, Melendez is probably more exciting to watch and will give us better fights anyway.

sneakybastaad
04-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Andy Wang is pitiful. With all of his talk I was expecting something, but got nothing. Not sure what he was thinking in that fight. He was like Diego in the Koscheck, just stood there and took a beating instead of doing what he should have done.
Very valid point.

Ramma
04-27-2007, 03:06 PM
This was a dark day for MMA lol.. I said it in another thread.. but if I ever act like Andy Wang after losing... I invite you all to come over to New Jersey... and kick me in the balls..

BJ Penn never made me laugh before btw

gtw130
04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah I thought it kind of weird that someone with a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu would be so hesitate about taking someone down to the ground considering how many clear chances Andy had to take down Brandon. It was rather frustrating to watch.

baba
04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Yea BJ making fun of him and sying something like 'you're not bruce lee, just an idiot who doesn't listen' was friggin hillarious.

breuter
04-27-2007, 03:41 PM
i can understand a fighter getting emotional after a tough loss, but thats usually because they were in a war and laid their heart out there, but andy didn;'t do that , he just kep trying to throw that looping right.....he absolutely refused to listen to BJ.. he deserved to lose, i didn't like his comment about how since he got knocked down he had to KO him. He still had plenty of time to recoup, if he would have taken it to the ground he could have possibly did some gnp or caught a sub. The uncontrollable sobbing was too much for me....cheesy........:angry3:

foutch550
04-27-2007, 03:59 PM
That's what kills me. All the talk about "Fight like a man, live like a man, die like a man", "Samarai Warrior", blah, blah, blah. Yeah, it all sounds great for pre-fight self-hype, but then he got blasted. Not a huge BJ fan, but ol boy told it like it was. No call to be "sad" or cry. You knew what to do, didnt do it and you lost. There is a difference between laying it all on the line and having a pouring of emotion, but then there's what Wang did. Sad dude. Letdown, bigtime. **side note** I hope Ruediger gets destroyed by Corey Hill

Severn
04-27-2007, 04:25 PM
It was so frustrating. BJ told him that "I want you to shoot at least three times within the first minute." This is BJ Penn telling Wang this, his friend Gabe told BJ of Wang's proness to brawling. I don't know what's so hard about listening to your corner man.

helipoison
04-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I think I yelled and talked to the TV more during the fight last night than I have at any TUF fight.

Melendez was leaving his right leg out way to far and if Wang had thrown a kick at it with his right leg, I think he would have been more successful than with the left leg kick getting hit by the counter in the mouth.

Wang could have shot and taken Melendez down multiple times.

Melendez needs to utilize the leg kick more often. It looks like he has good leg kicks.

Does Melendez have a fascination with the superman punch ? I have never seen so many thrown in one fight.

Depending on the matchup, I don't see Melendez getting out of the quarters. He had an inferior fighter in front of him that fought directly into his game plan and he still looked like crap.

HIT SKWAD
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I crashed out early to hear someone crying and I look up and it some fucker on T.V named Andy? I got tickets to the Bj and Jens fight.....I hope to god to see him knocked out!

Beatts35
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Andy let his pride totally get in his way. he was way outsized by meledez. melendez fights at 170 he had the height, reach and weight advantage. andy never had a chance standing with him. i give andy credit for being able to take a punch. but he need to stick to the plan his coach gave him. he need to help his team "get the hammer." we havn't seen much of these guys training. but if your a bjj black belt an bj penn says, take him down. fucking try. i though for awhile because of meledez's reach andy wasn't able to shoot. thats why he tried for the takedown in the clinch 2 or 3 times. but to hear andy after the fight say that he wanted to ko melendez was stupid. BJ's team better get a win soon. otherwise his team is going to go home early and pulver is going to have his entire team continue.

guyski101
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I though BJ, was going to go back into the locker and get his fight geer on and go in that ring and kick andy ass for not listening to him.

BJ, fights are seem to do their own thing and not listen to him. BJ has a weatlh of mma expirence how can you not listen to him? He is telling you the stuff you will need to use in order to become a better fighter and possibly win then match.

The soon they start listening the soon team Penn gets some kind of a win or momentum. It is painful to see his fighters lose week in and week out.

ArMnHC
04-27-2007, 06:33 PM
you just cant afford to be stubborn in a fight. he got knocked down by the first punch, he should have shot right there. nuff said

NixHex
04-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Andy let his pride totally get in his way. he was way outsized by meledez. melendez fights at 170 he had the height, reach and weight advantage. andy never had a chance standing with him. i give andy credit for being able to take a punch. but he need to stick to the plan his coach gave him. he need to help his team "get the hammer." we havn't seen much of these guys training. but if your a bjj black belt an bj penn says, take him down. fucking try. i though for awhile because of meledez's reach andy wasn't able to shoot. thats why he tried for the takedown in the clinch 2 or 3 times. but to hear andy after the fight say that he wanted to ko melendez was stupid. BJ's team better get a win soon. otherwise his team is going to go home early and pulver is going to have his entire team continue.
Penn's still got his best guys left at the backend. Maynard, Lauzon, & Wiman will be tough for anybody remaining to fight on Pulver's team to beat. I do like the way Pulver's coaching more than Penn though.

I talked about this before the show but I said Pulver would have more team chemistry/unity, and Pulver would bring in big name coaches to help him (Horn & Hughes have already been there). The Magic 8-Ball was right.

orion_damage
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
You have BJ Penn in your corner.

He tells you before the fight to punch a little bit and shoot.

You admit that you are prone to brawling but won;t do it this fight.

BJ screams to shoot repeatedly.

So what do you do?

Brawl. For the entire fight..landing nothing...getting bloodied up. Afterwards, cry..no, weep....and look a schmuck in front of BJ and Dana.

I usually like most fighters, but this guy was really a letdown.

Dude i couldn't have said it better myself, the guy tried to a "warrior" by completely throwing any game plan to the wind and throw strikes with a guy that he knows he could take him down and have a hell of a lot better chance submitting then knockin out. The part with him crying was pathetic he deserved no sympathy for he screwed himself. BJ was hilarious

Noob
04-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Dude i couldn't have said it better myself, the guy tried to a "warrior" by completely throwing any game plan to the wind and throw strikes with a guy that he knows he could take him down and have a hell of a lot better chance submitting then knockin out. The part with him crying was pathetic he deserved no sympathy for he screwed himself. BJ was hilarious

Agreed. He talked so much about leaving everything out there and being a warrior and making his grandfather proud. Then BJ directly asked him "if I tell you to shoot are you going to listen?" and he said yes. Then he walks out there and gets his ass handed to him without trying any legitimate shots and resigning to the same tired swinging right-handed haymaker.

Then the whole crying thing? "I feel like I let people down. I didn't let myself down, but I let other people down." ? Black belt in JJ or not, I have serious reservations about his chances of ever being a legitimate fighter.

Steel
04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Agreed Noob. If he's got a black belt, seems to me it's used to keep his pants up and that's about it.

franco727
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
i never understood how some of these guys could think that they are so good that they wouldn't need to listen to a coach with the knowledge of BJ Penn. It just baffles me

Malice
04-27-2007, 09:32 PM
BJ laughing at him was the highlight of the show. What a retard man.

The last 3 of BJ's team Wiman, Gray and Dan are not going to get beat by anyone on Pulvers team. Bj is probably thanking Jens for putting all of his good guys against BJ's bad guys first.

Intellectual
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
BJ laughing at him was the highlight of the show. What a retard man.

The last 3 of BJ's team Wiman, Gray and Dan are not going to get beat by anyone on Pulvers team. Bj is probably thanking Jens for putting all of his good guys against BJ's bad guys first.

i was about to say the same thing.

and :lmfao: @ Penn laughing

bradlee180
04-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm really enjoying TUF 5 with my only gripe is there's too much cry-arseing around going on! They're supposed to be warriors, fighters, not a bunch of cry-arses! MMA ought to have the baseball rule: "There's NO crying in baseball." There just isn't! It's not debatable, "No crying in baseball." There ought to be NO F'ing Crying in MMA! There's been a cry-arse on that show cry-arseing around every damn week now!

A good, smart, disciplined fighter assesses each impending fight in detail, and goes in with some kind of gameplan to try to give themselves the best chance of success. Wang is a jiu-jitsu blackbelt, but he refused to do the one thing that might bring him the victory. Self-will, pride, a macho inferiority complex?! He's got almost zippo punching skills, throwing a telegraphed roundhouse looping right: the opponent can see it coming a mile away! Crying around hoping people view him as a warrior because he stood and punched instead of grappled? Wang's an idiot, but he's sure got guts just for going into the octagon.

Hopefully there won't be anymore cry-arseing around: You're fighters, not mood-swinging menstruating women for God's sake! Ah crap, cry-arse Gabe Rudiger'll be cry-arseing around next week about being overweight...his ankles are probably retaining water too...and sometimes he clots.

bradlee180
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I was going to say that it was Chris "The Fatherless Bastard" Leben who started this unfortunate trend of supposed tough-guy fighters cry-arseing around, but I recall several years ago Tito Ortiz really cry-arseing around after Couture spanked him on PPV. That Noah guy who quit an older TUF show over some wench he'd known for a few months, also cry-arseing around, Hell, Even Forest Griffin pulled that $#!t his last fight!

JMH
04-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Andy, what douche you are.

Of course I'd never say that to your face!

Cause you might like cry on me or something.

"You're not Bruce Lee, so don't be crying", lol.

question. Was Andy crying so much cause he wanted hugs from Team Penn, or because he realized how much of an idiot he was not listening to his corner?

Warrior? My left nut has more "warrior" in it.

TriangleChoke
04-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Warrior? My left nut has more "warrior" in it.
i loved how the final scene of the show was wang saying he thinks he will be remembered as a warrior, and then it flashed to him letting out a bellow.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EHHHHH EHH :sadsmile1:

JMH
04-29-2007, 04:44 PM
i loved how the final scene of the show was wang saying he thinks he will be remembered as a warrior, and then it flashed to him letting out a bellow.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EHHHHH EHH :sadsmile1:

that had me rolling, lol.

TravelinMonty
04-30-2007, 03:48 AM
That dude has serious mental problems. I am not kidding. I wanted to jump into the ring and hit him in the back of the head with a chair. That was the most painful shit I have ever watched. I'd rather watch that White American Ninja in the pics and video section.

Andy Wang is as much of a warrior as Joe Son.

If that retard wants to stand up in a fight why doesnt he take a fuckin boxing lesson? He throws haymakers like an eight year old. I haven't been that happy watching a fighter cry since Tito balled like a bitch.

Can someone get him a fucking psychiatrist please... he needs to be medicated.

sodium_nitrate
04-30-2007, 04:00 AM
it seems like every reality show in the history of television has had at least one moron that cries during the season.

Rufio
04-30-2007, 06:06 AM
You'd think he'd listen to Penn considering that a BJ is a Wang's best friend, but noooooooooooooooo.

http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/PhotoChop/red_dumbass.jpg

2mcgrath
04-30-2007, 07:13 AM
i kept thinking each rd he will throw a few shots and get a take down and work his game.but i guess he thought he could do it striking,even though he got worked hard on the stand up.just made no sense why he didnt shoot for a takedown

Gurry
05-01-2007, 06:10 AM
You'd think he'd listen to Penn considering that a BJ is a Wang's best friend, but noooooooooooooooo.

LOL funny shit, i know u were hoping someone wuld acknowledge that

Palma
05-01-2007, 06:23 AM
I think he really is just a sensitive guy who isn't too bright. He believes his own lies that he is a "warrior" and is very "dangerous" standing, but doesn't realize he would probably win by sticking to a smart game plan. And then of course he cried like no one else I have seen before in MMA or in any other sport...

seafood
05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Does Melendez have a fascination with the superman punch ? I have never seen so many thrown in one fight.

I suppose Melendez figured when else is he ever going to get the opportunity to throw that many superman punches.

Hey, hey, guys, question: When you see Andy Wang, do you think his a punk or say that his a warrior? :grinsmile1:

Severn
05-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Wow. This kid got more annoying today. I didn't not think it was possible. Holy fuck how annoying.

JMH
05-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Wow. This kid got more annoying today. I didn't not think it was possible. Holy fuck how annoying.

Indeed.

Not everybody is Wang-Chuning tonite.

What an ass licking Fuck tard.

da@LARGE
05-18-2007, 03:47 PM
The other thread about Wang was sidetracked with other subjects, so I thought I'd post my reactions to the last episode here:

1. BJ's a jerk.
He kicked Wang of the team just to shake up the rest of them. If he really had a problem with him, he would have dealt with it privately instead of making a big scene in front of the rest of the guys, then jumping on the treadmill without giving Wang an explanation.
It may bite Penn in the ass, because Wang seems to be a popular guy amongst the other fighters.

2. Wang's a child
I thought about this when he spoke after his fight. Malendez caught him with a stiff punch, then in his own words Wang said he felt like someone had stolen his lunch money and he had to pay him back.
When he was reluctant to join Pulver's team, I don't think it's because he was ingrateful, I think he just wasn't able to understand the situation due to his immaturity.

What do the rest of you think?

Gurry
05-18-2007, 05:40 PM
The other thread about Wang was sidetracked with other subjects, so I thought I'd post my reactions to the last episode here:

1. BJ's a jerk.
He kicked Wang of the team just to shake up the rest of them. If he really had a problem with him, he would have dealt with it privately instead of making a big scene in front of the rest of the guys, then jumping on the treadmill without giving Wang an explanation.
It may bite Penn in the ass, because Wang seems to be a popular guy amongst the other fighters.

2. Wang's a child
I thought about this when he spoke after his fight. Malendez caught him with a stiff punch, then in his own words Wang said he felt like someone had stolen his lunch money and he had to pay him back.
When he was reluctant to join Pulver's team, I don't think it's because he was ingrateful, I think he just wasn't able to understand the situation due to his immaturity.

What do the rest of you think?

yeah sure BJ's a jerk and he needed to shake up his team, but why does it matter it was just Andy Wang, some idiot who could do one thing properly. Why Penn kept him after the melendez fight stil shocks me. As far as Andy Wang, what a complete douchebag, i bet his parents are rich or something because you jsut dont act like that(all snobby and spoiled). Jens Pulver says yeah buddy we want you on our team. You graciously accept and if he asks for a blowjob, get on your knees, because if you really wanted to do this you wouldnt cry about being on a former lightweight champions team(a weight class your fighting in). I thought he was about to cry when they wuldnt let him back on Penns team and when he came to ask Penn why, while he was on the treadmill I was hoping Penn would snap and just smash his ass. Andy Wang goes down as the biggest douchebag on Ultimate Fighter, he beats Gabe by far with his showing today, whata fagtard.

Gurry
05-18-2007, 05:42 PM
sorry re post