PDA

View Full Version : Lets just keep it at ... uhhh?

Showtime
04-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Let me just say from the get go that Bj Penn is one of my fav fighters. I have watched every episode of this seasons TUF and the guy can't get his team a win. Is Pulver really out coaching Bj. I mean I thought Bj picked some good talent, but hell he lost his best guy when Nate Diaz kicked the crap out of him. The way it is looking right now is that Bj Penn might get one win and that is it. It kinda of reminds me of the Tito and Ken TUF. Where Tito actually taught his guys something and Ken just played around. I think Bj just wants to fight Pulver again and could give a rats ass about his guys. Thats the only reason he took this job.

Nate Diaz will win it all ...

Afro
04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Emerson is not even close to BJs best guy, Emerson is 6-6 in MMA

BJs best guys are
1. Gray Manyard
2. Joe Lauzon
3. Matt Wiman

bradlee180
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Man, Ken Shamrock sure lost a LOT of respect on that show...

Dork8503
04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Emerson is not even close to BJs best guy, Emerson is 6-6 in MMA

BJs best guys are
1. Gray Manyard
2. Joe Lauzon
3. Matt Wiman

Who do you think the 3 best on the show are.

Afro
04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Who do you think the 3 best on the show are.
1. Gray Manyard - because of his wrestling background, because he trains with team quest, and because he is undefeated
2. Nate Diaz - because of his BJJ background, because he can strike, but he has been sub'd and doesnt have great takedown D
3. Corey Hill - because of his wrestling background, because of his height, because of his striking
4. Manny G - because of his judo and strength
5. Joe Lauzon - because of his striking and BJJ

neonatural45
04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
1. Gray Maynard
2. Nate Diaz
3. Matt wiman

Dan0
04-28-2007, 07:31 PM
It may end up where some of Pulver's guys may have to fight each other, and I have to wonder if Penn will coach any of them to keep the training separate.

Afro
04-28-2007, 07:35 PM
are they handing out 2 contracts or is it one fight?

neonatural45
04-28-2007, 07:36 PM
are they handing out 2 contracts or is it one fight?

Id assume its one ultimate fighter. I like the 16 person format better then the two different weight classes.

jbart321
04-30-2007, 10:32 PM
BJ isn't a good coach. He is very Shamrock like in that aspect. Like Ken he is only there for one reason, himself. I don't like BJ and I love that his team has lost every fight so far. Regardless of talent coaching can play a role in a fights outcome. Goes to show BJ is no coach.

helipoison
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM
BJ isn't a good coach. He is very Shamrock like in that aspect. Like Ken he is only there for one reason, himself. I don't like BJ and I love that his team has lost every fight so far. Regardless of talent coaching can play a role in a fights outcome. Goes to show BJ is no coach.

Many people pointed this out prior to the airing of the show. Now the question is how long before his team turns on him. That will make for some great TV !

AJL416AZ
05-02-2007, 09:11 PM
1. Gray Manyard - because of his wrestling background, because he trains with team quest, and because he is undefeated
2. Nate Diaz - because of his BJJ background, because he can strike, but he has been sub'd and doesnt have great takedown D
3. Corey Hill - because of his wrestling background, because of his height, because of his striking
4. Manny G - because of his judo and strength
5. Joe Lauzon - because of his striking and BJJ

i think Wiman should be here. hes experienced and is generally a tough kid, but i dont know how good his ground game is since Fisher took him down a few times.

and Lauzon is better than Hill, and probably has better jits then Diaz. look Joe up on youtube, the kid has sick jits, hes incredibly fluid and explosive.

i think Hill wont make it past and BJJ or ground guy he has to fight. if Hill really didnt have a gym before this, then that means he is just now learning how to use any striking training he might have in MMA, changing his strategies, footwork, etc. plus, it also means he has virtually no submission training, and if you are tall and lanky like Hill, its harder to defend takedowns no matter how talented a wrestler you are.

Afro
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
i think Wiman should be here. hes experienced and is generally a tough kid, but i dont know how good his ground game is since Fisher took him down a few times.

and Lauzon is better than Hill, and probably has better jits then Diaz. look Joe up on youtube, the kid has sick jits, hes incredibly fluid and explosive.

i think Hill wont make it past and BJJ or ground guy he has to fight. if Hill really didnt have a gym before this, then that means he is just now learning how to use any striking training he might have in MMA, changing his strategies, footwork, etc. plus, it also means he has virtually no submission training, and if you are tall and lanky like Hill, its harder to defend takedowns no matter how talented a wrestler you are.
all very true, its hard doin a Top 5 amongst those guys though and ya I felt Wiman should get some dues but didnt know where to put him in my opinion cuz he is damn good too especially on his feet but ya there def the best 6 and I think Gray is #1 regardless though.

Kimuras"R"Us
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM

Totally agree with you. Don't know how Corey is gonna be on the ground... with no experience that's a LOT of arms and legs flailing around to grab. Rep'd

blah
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
i think penn's best are wiman and lauzon. i don't think pulver will sweep, since someone has to fight weems, and barring penn's worst guy fighting weems, i think weems will get beat. pulver should win by a lot though

koolaidx
05-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Many people pointed this out prior to the airing of the show. Now the question is how long before his team turns on him. That will make for some great TV !

BJ's team will not turn on him. He just needs to get control which will happen before long. His best guys are yet to come and my instinct tells me Jens is gonna make Weems fight Gray soon.

chuteboxechamp
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
All B.J needs is one guy to get through the first round, remember if one guy gets through and wins it all then B.Js team won, the first round is only the first round.

my 3 picks
1. Manny Gamburyan-most dominating win so far, and the guys freakin jacked
2.Nate Diaz-This kid looked impressive against a more experienced fighter, and his brother is a beast
3. Joe Lauzon- He beat Pulver.

Clint
05-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I was honestly surprised at how many people on the first episode wanted to be on BJ's team for this reason. Sure BJ is the more well rounded fighter but Jens seems like the all around better coach.