PDA

View Full Version : Kicks (mph)

Intellectual
04-29-2007, 03:18 AM
i heard an "experienced kickboxer" can kick at 25-30 mph (it's like a small car crash :lmfao: )

then how fast do Hoost and Cro Cop kick?

Dsm634
04-29-2007, 03:26 AM
i heard an "experienced kickboxer" can kick at 25-30 mph (it's like a small car crash :lmfao: )

50 :grinsmile1: Seriously though that would be ridiculous.

Dork8503
04-29-2007, 03:29 AM

Frank Duex the guy kickboxer was based from. Used to be able to kick 60mph.

Dsm634
04-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Frank Duex the guy kickboxer was based from. Used to be able to kick 60mph.

You've got to be kidding. :blink:

Dork8503
04-29-2007, 03:37 AM
not saying its true just saying what it said.

Highlander
04-29-2007, 03:46 AM
When I first saw Bloodsport, I thought it was a real biograpght, then I realized the guy made everything up and he is a fraud.

Highlander
04-29-2007, 03:51 AM
Yea, growing up I thought Frank Dux was the fucking man, but then all the shit came out. Him and Santa Claus both ruined my day.

The toothfairy didn't help any. Fucking slut doing cocaine with the easter bunny.

You said Santa Claus ruined your day, aren't you Jewish? lol

Highlander
04-29-2007, 03:54 AM
only half Jew.lol

I am a Catholic Jew.

Oh O.K. gottcha

Dork8503
04-29-2007, 04:02 AM
The toothfairy didn't help any. Fucking slut doing cocaine with the easter bunny.

You said Santa Claus ruined your day, aren't you Jewish? lol

Just because someone is jewish dont mean they do not celb xmas. One my best friends Jason, he is jewish but they celebrate xmas every year.

He is actually Half German Half Jewish. Isnt that a lovly mix

Highlander
04-29-2007, 04:05 AM
Just because someone is jewish dont mean they do not celb xmas. One my best friends Jason, he is jewish but they celebrate xmas every year.

He is actually Half German Half Jewish. Isnt that a lovly mix

Interesting mix. I didn't know that though. Does he celebrate it because of the gift giving pupose (doesn't want to be the only one not to give or receive gifs), are both his parents Jewish?

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 08:27 AM
my coach always tells me that your kicks should be 30 mph out, 60 back

Highlander
04-29-2007, 08:30 AM
my coach always tells me that your kicks should be 30 mph out, 60 back

What do you mean 30 mph out, 60 back?

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 08:35 AM
What do you mean 30 mph out, 60 back?
when you go to cock your leg to kick, kick it out 30 mph and bring the kick back 60 mph so you can do as fast as possible again

Highlander
04-29-2007, 08:36 AM
when you go to cock your leg to kick, kick it out 30 mph and bring the kick back 60 mph so you can do as fast as possible again

Oh, interesting.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 08:39 AM
it might sound weird but if you think about it its true and it makes since

Highlander
04-29-2007, 08:44 AM
it might sound weird but if you think about it its true and it makes since

I guess so. It does sound weird though.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 08:47 AM
but either way, 30 mph is a hard kid to get hit by i mean you shin, its like a bat you know, but if you watch it, gonzaga hit cro cop with his instep which really impressed me cuz you don't catch alot of knockouts with you instep, its more your shin

Highlander
04-29-2007, 08:49 AM
but either way, 30 mph is a hard kid to get hit by i mean you shin, its like a bat you know, but if you watch it, gonzaga hit cro cop with his instep which really impressed me cuz you don't catch alot of knockouts with you instep, its more your shin

Yeah, you're right. Hughes got a nice piece of shin from GSP.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
haha yeah i would say, that kicked reminded me of when liddel caught babalu the first fight, looked exactly the same except different legs

Highlander
04-29-2007, 08:55 AM
haha yeah i would say, that kicked reminded me of when liddel caught babalu the first fight, looked exactly the same except different legs

Yeah, they both went into it. Awesome. Didn't Cro Cop knock out aleksander emelienenko by the instep?

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 09:01 AM
i think so but i'm sayin its just not som'n you would see get the knock out, like out cold you know, i mean obviously we did but ay whatever works works you know

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:02 AM
i think so but i'm sayin its just not som'n you would see get the knock out, like out cold you know, i mean obviously we did but ay whatever works works you know

I've kickboxed with my friends and it (for me) that my instep is a lot more effective. My shin just doesn't seem to have the same knid of power in it.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 09:05 AM
i think instep is good more for distance but i'd rather catch sombody with my shin anyway because it harder, and it won't hurt as bad, your instep is way softer then your shin you know but if it was me i'd rather get caught with an instep than a shin but to each his own you know

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
i think instep is good more for distance but i'd rather catch sombody with my shin anyway because it harder, and it won't hurt as bad, your instep is way softer then your shin you know but if it was me i'd rather get caught with an instep than a shin but to each his own you know

Everytime I hit someone with my shin, it feels like my leg is fucked up or something, it just doesn't feel right, I should practice more. Usually my instep doesn't really feel any pain, except one time it caught nyfriend directly on the knee and I had a little trouble walking for a couple of days.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 09:18 AM
condition condition condition, my coach is big on conditioning, we condition or ribs, shins, insteps, elbows, knuckles especially (we all got calases (however you spell it) on our knuckles) we condition every where we hit and get hit
i condtion my knuckles with a peice of 2 by 4 with a shingle wrapped around it

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:20 AM
condition condition condition, my coach is big on conditioning, we condition or ribs, shins, insteps, elbows, knuckles especially (we all got calases (however you spell it) on our knuckles) we condition every where we hit and get hit
i condtion my knuckles with a peice of 2 by 4 with a shingle wrapped around it

What do you mean you condition? You hit yourself so your're used to the pain?

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 09:23 AM
yeah, see my coach trained old school and he teaches us the same way, we used kendo sticks and wood that he makes and stuff and we get a partner and wack each other on the points we need to for awhile, it hurt the first few times and after a while its like, you can't go hard enough you know

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:28 AM
yeah, see my coach trained old school and he teaches us the same way, we used kendo sticks and wood that he makes and stuff and we get a partner and wack each other on the points we need to for awhile, it hurt the first few times and after a while its like, you can't go hard enough you know

That sounds really fucked up, but hey, if it works, then so be it. I've only heard about that iin movies, like Kickboxer, where Jean Claude Van Damm has to constantly kick a palm tree.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 09:30 AM
haha no no, muay thai, real authentic muay thai fighters kick banana trees 1000 times a day off each shin to condition

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:34 AM
haha no no, muay thai, real authentic muay thai fighters kick banana trees 1000 times a day off each shin to condition

Jesus Christ! I thought that was just for the movies. That shit is crazy. I guess training for fighting is harder than I thought.

LOrue23
04-29-2007, 09:38 AM
yeah but its worth it when your hand is raised

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:40 AM
yeah but its worth it when your hand is raised

Yeah, I'd imagine. That would so fucking awesome.

Intellectual
04-29-2007, 09:44 AM

the calcium bonds break down and newer and stronger ones are formed. basically you're bones get stronger.

Highlander
04-29-2007, 09:45 AM
the calcium bonds break down and newer and stronger ones are formed. basically you're bones get stronger.

I've never heard of that before, well, except in movies.

Ramma
04-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Believe it or not, my old Tae Kwon Do teacher was the same way, we'd do push ups on concrete, kendo on the shins, shin to shin and forearm to forearm training.. but his brain was 65% TKD, 30% Muay Thai, and 5% everything else. The guy was a beast.

I love condition training, when someone accidentally hits your bone and they get hurt, it does put a smile on your face

Zenshotokai
04-29-2007, 09:17 PM
One of Bill Wallace's gifts to the martial arts world was that he taught folks how to "really kick." Known to the karate world simply as "Superfoot," symbolic of his awesome left leg, which was once clocked in excess of 60 mph, Wallace left a string of battered and bruised bodies along the martial arts fighting trail.

Had a chance to see this man kick...at his age...unbelievable!!!!!:blink: