View Full Version : Loses body fat without muscle loss
Tokyo's bad boy
04-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi, I'm 5'11 and weigh 165. I'm in pretty good shape and I like my muscle mass. I work out and train in BJJ. My question is, I want to lose some body fat, but not sacrafice any of my hard earned msucle mass. When I flex, I have a 6 pack but otherwise it doesn't show. Any tips on how to get it to show and cut out my body fat but keeping my muscle? Thanks a lot. P.S. I don't drink pop and only drink alcohol once in a while.
04-30-2007, 01:54 AM
Things get tough when you start getting into the lower BF% but here are some tips that shoudl help alot:
* Continue to lift heavy weights. As long as you are using your muscles plenty, your body will be more reluctant to use muscle as fuel.
* Add Complexes to your training. For example: Do a power clean followed by a front squat and then a push press. repeat this for 4 sets of 10. Check out www.rosstraining.com for other workouts like this.
* On cardio days do HIIT such as sprint 100 yards, jog back, rest as needed, repeat.
* Eat 6 meals a day with a protein source and a vegetable at every one of them. This will keep you in a positive nitrogen balance and keep you full. Avoid nonveggie carbs except for the meal after you workout.
* Post workout drink a whey protein shake and some gatorade or dextrose. You want a 2-1 or 1-1 ratio of carbs (from one of these 2 sources) to protein. This will keep you glycogen stores up and help you maintain your workouts.
Tokyo's bad boy
04-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Thanks, I'm still getting my program together and I'll keep those things in mind.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.