PDA

View Full Version : Which class has a stronger future: TUF1 or TUF2?

teddybear2235
05-02-2007, 01:31 AM
An article on ufc.com evaluted the fighters from TUF2 and how they have fared 2 years into their ufc careers. Jardine, Evans, and Stevenson were considered the top guns while josh burkman and marcus davis were considered one win away. compartively Sanchez, Koscheck, Florian, Swick, Griffin, and Bonnar are considered to be the best from season one. I am excited about how many guys from the two seasons are making an impact and have bright futures. Obviously the TUF1 guys have had more success with florian getting a title shot and swick, kos, and sanchez being high up their respective rankings. taking into consideration that TUF2 fighters havent been in the ufc as long which cast has a brighter future?

toe nail124
05-02-2007, 01:51 AM
i think 2 mainly because of rashads future but im not to sure abbout the overall class

helipoison
05-02-2007, 03:58 AM
i think 2 mainly because of rashads future but im not to sure abbout the overall class

If Rashad beats Tito I will agree with you but if he loses it's a toss up.

neonatural45
05-02-2007, 04:20 AM
I said one based on the fact that imo the only fighters that will have a chance to fight for the title on season 1 are diego and kos. For season 2 the only fighter I see challenging for a title is rashad (maybe jardine, I doubt daddy) Add that to the fact that ken-flo and nate quarry have already challenged for the title (I know, neither were deserving)

NixHex
05-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I said one based on the fact that imo the only fighters that will have a chance to fight for the title on season 1 are diego and kos. For season 2 the only fighter I see challenging for a title is rashad (maybe jardine, I doubt daddy) Add that to the fact that ken-flo and nate quarry have already challenged for the title (I know, neither were deserving)
I'd say Joe Daddy has a 10x better chance of fighting for the 155 title than Jardine does of even sniffing the 205 title. Jardine should've gotten fed to Thiago Silva for his next fight, but they gave him some Houston can instead, Jardine will lose to his next good opponent.
I'd go with season 1 because I think Kos has a very bright future, Diego is much better than his last appearance and has already beaten Karo, & Diaz. Swick will be a decent 170, Forrest isn't very good but he's not afraid to fight anybody. Bonnar... I don't talk about juicers, he sucks.

blah
05-04-2007, 02:39 AM
i think season 1 has more fighters, with good potential, season 2 has fewer fighters, with more potential

gtijla
05-09-2007, 01:42 AM
i say season 2 because i think rashad and stevenson have much brighter futures than any1 else from tuf so far. i also think that these 2 are also closer to title shots than any1 else from tuf, except maybe kos now. but still season 2 IMO.

sandywh
05-09-2007, 02:54 AM
In a tight race, I'll say TUF1. Although Rashad & Daddy have huge potential they haven't yet faced the caliber of fighter to prove that they've arrived like the season 1 guys. Griffin beat Ortiz (I could give a crap what the judges said). Sanchez beat Diaz and Karo. Granted all of these guys, minus Kos have taken a step back because of a loss, but they are at least in the discussion when it comes to title shots. I think that in 4 or 5 years, TUF2 may have had the 1st title holder, but TUF one will have more guys on the "short lists" of contenders.

LebenTysonTank
05-09-2007, 05:50 AM
What the fuck Leben isn't even considered a contender anymore? The guy is 6-2 1 loss being to the champion who destroyed Rich Franklin even worse,and another to a very game and underestimated Jason McDonald,the guy has unorthodox sick sick submissions...just think its fucked up that Leben isnt included on the list of TUF 1 talent and Swick is and Leben knocked Swick out fucking cold.

biggdogg
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I would say tuf 1 if you add leben to the mix!

rivethead
05-10-2007, 01:21 AM

I don't see Diego getting any closer to a title shot than he's already been. I do think if Kos continues to improve, the sky is the limit, even if he's a tool.

I'm also pretty sure Stevenson will get a shot once the Penn/Pulver issue is decided. I think he'd fare very well against Sherk, but don't see him in the same class as Penn. He'll get the fight, but...

As far as Quarry and Florian getting title shots, Quarry is a better fighter than that KO indicates, he had a solid record, and the division was weak at that point...I think he deserved it. He got nailed, but at that point in time, he deserved to be there as much as anyone else.

Florian/Sherk was an odd experiment. I'd say Florian deserved to be there as much as Sherk did. I think Sherk not being able to finish him dispite out-weighing him by 10+ pounds ringside is an indication of Kenny's relative skill [or Sherk's lack thereof, anyway]. Again, I think for that fight, at that time, he deserved to be there...I don't think Florian or Sherk would beat Stevenson, never mind Penn, but I think they were a good match. It just shouldn't have been for a belt.

What the fuck Leben isn't even considered a contender anymore? The guy is 6-2 1 loss being to the champion who destroyed Rich Franklin even worse,and another to a very game and underestimated Jason McDonald,the guy has unorthodox sick sick submissions...just think its fucked up that Leben isnt included on the list of TUF 1 talent and Swick is and Leben knocked Swick out fucking cold.

Leben is a B level banger, and hasn't shown any real improvement since the show. Swick, on the other hand, dropped to 185 and has improved in jumps, if not leaps and bounds. He's been very impressive, [though I don't remember Swick being in the article]. Swick is still a B level guy, but he has more precise striking than Leben and better subs. Leben KO'd him over 3 years ago...I don't think that would happen again.

Although after Swick's loss to Okami, a fight with Leben would make sense to see who is closer to the fringes of the top tier. They could build some hype around it, as well.

and no, Swick's not dropping to 170.

rh

Dork8503
05-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Joe Daddy will get a title shot before Rashad and Jardine will. Jardine will never be champion, i think he will get destroyed if he ever fights any top guys. Rashad i dont think he will be champion any time soon if ever. Daddy is 1 win away from a title shot.