PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food... Evil...

Ramma
05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
So, I kind of make it a must to never eat fast food before the day of a work out. I try to never have it to be honest. But, last night, I was at work, starving, and a co-worker was grabbing some.. So I thought, why not.

Got up today, after taking a two day break to let my body relax, went to the gym and boy... did that fast food do a number on me.. I felt fatigue, winded and all types of bad stuff. Now, obviously it was the fast food for dinner that was killing me. I always knew FF was bad, but I never realized how big of an impact it would make on me physically because I had never done this before. It SUCKED. I know most of you know this, but I just thought I would remind everyone how bad of an idea it is to have fast food lol.. So there it is.

That was a first and last for having fast food before a work out. :violently2:

Clint
05-02-2007, 11:24 PM
There are acceptable choices for fast food but for the most part it is bad.

Ramma
05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
There are acceptable choices for fast food but for the most part it is bad.
Yeah, but I didn't eat a salad or anything, I had a Big Mac and fries lol

Severn
05-03-2007, 04:27 AM
So, I kind of make it a must to never eat fast food before the day of a work out. I try to never have it to be honest. But, last night, I was at work, starving, and a co-worker was grabbing some.. So I thought, why not.

Got up today, after taking a two day break to let my body relax, went to the gym and boy... did that fast food do a number on me.. I felt fatigue, winded and all types of bad stuff. Now, obviously it was the fast food for dinner that was killing me. I always knew FF was bad, but I never realized how big of an impact it would make on me physically because I had never done this before. It SUCKED. I know most of you know this, but I just thought I would remind everyone how bad of an idea it is to have fast food lol.. So there it is.

I hear you loud and clear. I've been on a pretty strict diet (being honest here -with some exorcise) for a two-three months and the other day I had a Popeye's combo and needless to say I felt sick. IT really messed me up and I really wasn't expecting that.

Noob
05-03-2007, 05:11 AM
I worked at a sushi bar for a couple of years and ate almost nothing but sushi for a good eight months because I was really poor.

My car was in the shop one day and I had about an 8-10 mile bike ride home and stopped at this little open-air patio that was on my way home and thought I would treat myself to a chili burger with cheese fries or something equally stupid.

I made it about another mile on my bike and stopped to puke twice before barely making it home. One of the worst experience of my life. In 100 degree weather at that.

Good times.

Rufio
05-03-2007, 06:02 AM
I try to never eat fast food anymore. The closest I'll come is Chinese takeout post-workout for carbs. Besides that, I have the occasional cheat meal which is burgers, pizza, or Mexican from a real (non-fast food) restaurant.

warrior06
05-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Does In N Out count as fast food?

Thats the only fast food I eat. I go through different food phases. Lately, I've been eating lots of cereal, Kashi and cheerios.

McDonalds is dangerous, their breakfast is a heart attack waiting to happen. Talk about fatigue factor. No more!

vegetable power
05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years now and recently I was at a party that had catered mexican food and I ate some refried beans and it did a number on me. I noticed from eating healthy I become a little more sensitive to the crapy food out there. I watch people at my work eat mcdonald's evey day. I don't know how they live on that stuff.

vegetable power
05-03-2007, 09:46 AM
I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years now and recently I was at a party that had catered mexican food and I ate some refried beans and it did a number on me. I noticed from eating healthy I become a little more sensitive to the crapy food out there. I watch people at my work eat mcdonald's evey day. I don't know how they live on that stuff.
you are what you eat

Legend
05-03-2007, 10:47 AM
As a general rule I try to stay away from fast food. But mostly it is all greasy food that I stay away from. The grease is what really messes me up.

adonis
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Earlier this year my buddy had told about a study he was reading.

In the study subjects underwent 4 total body weight training workouts, and 4 cardiovascualr workouts. 2 workouts of each were performed sans "fastfood", and 2 were performed after eating a "fastfood" meal of cheeseburger and fries.

They measusred a myraid of hormones and other health factors lik e resting serum cholesterol and blood pressure. As well as work output, 1RM, 10RM, lung capacity....

The study concluded that the fast food impared perofmance during the workouts with a noted increase in blood pressure, resting heart rate, stress related hormones. It also showed a decrease in anabolic hormones, strength, time to fatigue.

I don't remember what the study was, or where it was, but you could check Pub-med.

Ramma
05-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I worked at a sushi bar for a couple of years and ate almost nothing but sushi for a good eight months because I was really poor.

My car was in the shop one day and I had about an 8-10 mile bike ride home and stopped at this little open-air patio that was on my way home and thought I would treat myself to a chili burger with cheese fries or something equally stupid.

I made it about another mile on my bike and stopped to puke twice before barely making it home. One of the worst experience of my life. In 100 degree weather at that.

Good times.

Lol, that is awesome (you know what I mean), I will pass that story to my children's children

Earlier this year my buddy had told about a study he was reading.

In the study subjects underwent 4 total body weight training workouts, and 4 cardiovascualr workouts. 2 workouts of each were performed sans "fastfood", and 2 were performed after eating a "fastfood" meal of cheeseburger and fries.

They measusred a myraid of hormones and other health factors lik e resting serum cholesterol and blood pressure. As well as work output, 1RM, 10RM, lung capacity....

The study concluded that the fast food impared perofmance during the workouts with a noted increase in blood pressure, resting heart rate, stress related hormones. It also showed a decrease in anabolic hormones, strength, time to fatigue.

I don't remember what the study was, or where it was, but you could check Pub-med.

The rest seems logical, but stress related hormones I didn't know about. If Ronald McDonald walked passed me today, I'd kill him.

Metalhead
05-03-2007, 07:56 PM
If I don't have time for a meal or whatever and have to go to some fast food place, it's either Subway or Mcdonalds' two chicken fajitas. Not the greatest but it'd do.

Warchief
05-04-2007, 09:19 PM
It's not bad to eat in fast food chain sometimes, just eat there once in a month...even me sometimes i eat in mcdonald once or twice a week but im still on shape, it just happen that my metabolism is strong like a volcanic lava.

SimpleJack
05-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I've noticed that McDonald's and such actually takes me more energy to burn than it gives me. I hate that feeling, but I love the Double-cheese burger with fries...........

cpac77
05-08-2007, 04:36 AM
I've noticed that McDonald's and such actually takes me more energy to burn than it gives me. I hate that feeling, but I love the Double-cheese burger with fries...........

Stay away from anything with transfat (mcdonalds has a shit load of it).

SimpleJack
05-08-2007, 04:39 AM
No shit.

Rufio
05-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Just so you know, "zero transfat" doesn't neccessarily mean no transfat. If something has less than .5 grams of transfat per serving, they're allowed to report it as having zero transfat. If you see "partially hydrogenated vegetable oil" in the ingredients, there's some transfat in it.

TriangleChoke
05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
mcdonalds' dollar menu double cheeseburgers are the DEVIL. I swear they put crack in those things. they are sooooo good, but is it just me, or do the double cheeseburgers make you feel like absolute shit after eating one? i dunno man, they just make me feel so crappy..i ate mcdonalds for lunch the other day at abiut 1...then went to bjj class at 5 and i still felt like shit..stomach churning and stuff......i still cant help it, i like to have me a double cheese burger/mcChicken sandwich every once in a while.

SimpleJack
05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm with you, but sometimes I wonder if it isn't my body asking for some saturated fat. Anyone who trains knows that occasionally your body will get that incredibly strong urge to eat something really fatty and salty like potato chips, McD's, french fries etc. I always just figure I can satisfy the craving if I do so in moderation and address it as a craving and not go overboard with the whole meal. Bean Burritos with sour cream from Taco Bell seem to have a special spot in my appetite as well.

Warchief
05-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Eating fast food make's me feel happy...that's why i always ask for happy meal. :laughing2:

Ramma
05-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Eating fast food make's me feel happy...that's why i always ask for happy meal. :laughing2:
lol.. that happy meal joke was cheesey..... if you are getting a cheeseburger anyway..

-groans- :fingersmilie:

liddell316
05-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Last October I made a big lifestyle change and swore off fast food and started eating healthy (still going strong) and I find if I eat anything that's even close to fast food, is really greasy, etc....it ruins me for the rest of the day. But I don't mind it, if anything it's more motivation to keep eating right and not putting that garbage in your body.

Metalhead
05-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Last October I made a big lifestyle change and swore off fast food and started eating healthy (still going strong) and I find if I eat anything that's even close to fast food, is really greasy, etc....it ruins me for the rest of the day. But I don't mind it, if anything it's more motivation to keep eating right and not putting that garbage in your body.

I agree, I had White Spot on a ferry yesterday and my god, half way through the fries I wanted to puke. WHite Spot at a restaruant is acutally good and not terribly unhealthy, on a Ferry, it's fast food.