PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar speaking about his Debut in K1

TKO
05-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Lesnar will be makin his debut in K1 Hero's on June 2nd. He will be goin up against Hong Man Choi.. Watch the interview.. Yes 'he is a rather large human being' he say's.. But im used ta fightin big guy's in the WWE.. haha Its gas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WV0JiH7XY

valheruking
05-03-2007, 12:20 AM
The thing is, they put him in with just about the only man he cant physically dominate in his debut, way to make him look like a monster k1, put him in with someone that towers over him.

scottsec
05-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I dont know anything about K-1 its fighters and rules but is Lesnar considered a favorite to win or is it a big question mark? I watched man choi fight Lebanner and man choi gave him a hard time. from what i know LeBanner is good, right? Just wondering how people think this will play out.

valheruking
05-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Your right to question it,well first yeah Lebanner is good and Choi did give him a hard time, and he gives a lot of people a hard time in K1(kickboxing rules), so i would actually have him as the favourite if it was a standup fight as Brock is unproven.
When it comes to mma, well Choi has only one fight that i can remember and that was a fight that lasted less than a minute, when he Ko'd Bobby Olugun who walked straight into a punch and he then proceeded to ko him on the ground.
Now Bobby Olugun isnt a tough opponent and the fight didnt last long enough to determine how good Choi will be in mma so theres still a question mark there, but its still one more mma fight than Lesnar has had and if you combine it with his kickoxing experience, he is actually the favourite on paper, but Choi was never great in k1 (he is ok, hes not bad) and its mainly his size that allows him to do well.
If you consider how Brock is a lot bigger than Bobby Olugun and he has a legitimate wrestling background, and if he takes mma serious and has learned to strike decently, then he could have a far worse first opponent than Choi who is big and awkward, compared to Brocks aparrent strength and explosiveness,
Its hard to say Choi wont be good in mma and that he is no threat, because we havent seen nearly enough from him in mma to know that, but if history has taught us something its that men his size dont do particularly well in mma, so if Brock wants to make an impression, and i was him, i would avoid standing with Choi just in case he gets caught with a wild swing ( which Brock wont be used to) and take him to the ground where Choi will have a hard time protecting his long limbs from a sub if Brock is anyway decent on the ground.

scottsec
05-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Your right to question it,well first yeah Lebanner is good and Choi did give him a hard time, and he gives a lot of people a hard time in K1(kickboxing rules), so i would actually have him as the favourite if it was a standup fight as Brock is unproven.
When it comes to mma, well Choi has only one fight that i can remember and that was a fight that lasted less than a minute, when he Ko'd Bobby Olugun who walked straight into a punch and he then proceeded to ko him on the ground.
Now Bobby Olugun isnt a tough opponent and the fight didnt last long enough to determine how good Choi will be in mma so theres still a question mark there, but its still one more mma fight than Lesnar has had and if you combine it with his kickoxing experience, he is actually the favourite on paper, but Choi was never great in k1 (he is ok, hes not bad) and its mainly his size that allows him to do well.
If you consider how Brock is a lot bigger than Bobby Olugun and he has a legitimate wrestling background, and if he takes mma serious and has learned to strike decently, then he could have a far worse first opponent than Choi who is big and awkward, compared to Brocks aparrent strength and explosiveness,
Its hard to say Choi wont be good in mma and that he is no threat, because we havent seen nearly enough from him in mma to know that, but if history has taught us something its that men his size dont do particularly well in mma, so if Brock wants to make an impression, and i was him, i would avoid standing with Choi just in case he gets caught with a wild swing ( which Brock wont be used to) and take him to the ground where Choi will have a hard time protecting his long limbs from a sub if Brock is anyway decent on the ground.
Kewl, thanks man. I actually thought this fight WAS K1 rulez. I really want to see this now. I think Lesnar will GnP him to a TKO.

perc10
05-12-2007, 10:05 AM
The question is is how strong is Lesners chin. If he can take a shot then he will be succesful,I seen the dude carry a log around on his shoulder,he has mutant strength and explosive speed for his size

perc10
05-12-2007, 10:08 AM
I have a question though isnt the fight MMA rules? Gracie-Sakawhoever2 is on the same card and I doubt gracie is kickboxing

Steve88
05-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I have a question though isnt the fight MMA rules? Gracie-Sakawhoever2 is on the same card and I doubt gracie is kickboxing
that's sakuraba....

yes it's mma.

abd13
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Brock Lesnar is so damn cocky, he will lose his first fight with Choi and I can guaruntee it, he thinks he can just storm into the mma world and start fighting with gods like fedor when all he's ever done is play fight with "WWE Wrestlers" who can't even throw a punch!!!!

valheruking
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I think he's been pretty humble so far.

kickbox
05-17-2007, 05:22 AM
I dont know anything about K-1 its fighters and rules but is Lesnar considered a favorite to win or is it a big question mark? I watched man choi fight Lebanner and man choi gave him a hard time. from what i know LeBanner is good, right? Just wondering how people think this will play out.

Choi is a tall muay Thai fighter who can give any one problems. hes like the Valuev of k1.Hes so tall thats why but if he was Sapps size then jeromme would have no problem disposing of him.

Jermain_Taylor_Numba1_Fan
05-25-2007, 02:19 AM
haha brock lesnar would destory Choi, but Choi is to fat to fight. Lesnar has been training for a year, and trust me he is absolutely ready

Warchief
05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
haha brock lesnar would destory Choi, but Choi is to fat to fight. Lesnar has been training for a year, and trust me he is absolutely ready
Lesnar is ready...but he should not take Choi so lightly, it will be a big mistake in the side of Lesnar.

bohemyth586
06-03-2007, 03:29 AM
I can't wait to see Lesner fight MMA.

Lesner=Future of MMA

JerodR
06-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Lesnar wins :grinsmile1:

Scompaq
06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Sorry but those wrestling dudes who comes from a showbusiness to actual beatings hardly ever survive for long in this 'real' business where you dont tell your opponent that a flying knee is coming up and its going to go through his face. I wanna see Ho Man Choi face him next time.

Kimuras"R"Us
06-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Randleman, Sakuraba, Coleman.... ALL professional wrestle in Japan. Why is it any different that Lesnar used to do it? I'm getting sick of people bashing him because he went into pro wrestling.

2mcgrath
06-04-2007, 06:58 AM
i thought lesnar looked like an animal in his debut.he looked alot better than what i was expecting.cant wait to see him fight again

Warchief
06-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Randleman, Sakuraba, Coleman.... ALL professional wrestle in Japan. Why is it any different that Lesnar used to do it? I'm getting sick of people bashing him because he went into pro wrestling.
Most people dont bash him (except to Brock haters)...they only doubt him.

JerodR
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, in all fairness Lesnar was a legitimate athlete, not just a WWE guy. He had alot of wrestling experience and he is a complete animal when it comes to agility and strength. He just needs the right training. Starting off with Gracie is not a bad way to go for training either. Personally I think that if he does train hard and learn the game so to speak he will be damn near unstoppable. He is a genetic freak with that power, which I am sure alot of people are going to have a hard time with.

Lykan
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I agree with you, and Brock Lesnar is a real Psychotic man! He will slam anyone trying to submit, he aint gonna just take it, I mean he use to toss around 500 pound Big Show like a rag doll!! He has all the ingredients to be invincible, the raw power, the agility, he simply needs the right MMA training and thats it!

standnxplode
07-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Hehe, he fought a useless Min Soo Kim and destroyed him, he was sched to fight Choi Hong-man.

udenied
09-08-2007, 05:43 PM
He fought a low-level challenger. Let's see if he comes to the UFC...

Severn
09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Most people dont bash him (except to Brock haters)...they only doubt him.

His mouth is what a lot of us don't like. A lot of us are more than willing to give him a chance but he needs to stop acting like a dumb loudmouth jock. We all know he has skill but he need to walk the walk right now.