PDA

View Full Version : NHL playoffs......

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Is there any hockey fans in here??....not trying to sound stereotypical, but there are alot of Americans in here, and it seems most Americans have a passing fancy at best..........

Anyways game 5 is under way with the Sabres and rangers and it's still scorless in the 2nd.........

Aneheim vs. Sanjose..........Jose in 7
Buffalo vs Ottawa..........Ottawa in 7

Ottawa over Sanjose in 6

Opinions???????????/

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:12 AM
My favourite team is the Colorado Avalanche and they didn't make the playoffs...FUCK!

My second favourite team is the Montreal Canadiens and they didn't make the playoffs...FUCK!

So I'm going for Ottawa by default. Ottawa in 6

Buffalo in 6

San Jose in 7

REPPED!

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Thanks...........

I take it you're a Patrick Roy fan???

Fav team is NewJersey

We probably have this in common...............HATRED FOR THE MAPLE LEAFS!!

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I guess your not really living in a hockey hot bed are you?? LOL

Hockey really is like a religion up here!

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Well Buffalo is now losing 1-0, if that score stands, they'll be up 3 games to 2.....that should make for an easier road to the Stanley Cup for Ottawa.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Thanks...........

I take it you're a Patrick Roy fan???

Fav team is NewJersey

We probably have this in common...............HATRED FOR THE MAPLE LEAFS!!

You know me so well. lol

My stepfather is froom New Jerseyso that's his team and I hope Ottawa wins because I'd like a Canadian team to bring the cup back, since my teams are out.

I'm a huge Patrick Roy fan, which makes me sad everytime Brodur wins. lol
I like Joe Sakic more though.

And YES, I FUCKING HATE THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS. I always enjoy watching them lose.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Well Buffalo is now losing 1-0, if that score stands, they'll be up 3 games to 2.....that should make for an easier road to the Stanley Cup for Ottawa.

Don't have much faith in your Devils?

Intellectual
05-05-2007, 03:34 AM
my Kings failed again. i've been a fan since i was 5, and the closest they got to the cup since Gretzky was on the team in 90-91. i think in 99? or was it 00? i dont remember but it was when Deadmarsh was on the team. awesome season.

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:34 AM
I love my Devils...but Marty Brodeur just doesn't seem like he is on in these playoffs...letting in weak goals....and Ottawa is playing very well.....
Yeah, how can you not love Joe Sakic....classy guy and a true superstar

Buffalo just tied the game up 1-1 with 8 seconds left to play....into O/T we go

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:38 AM
I love my Devils...but Marty Brodeur just doesn't seem like he is on in these playoffs...letting in weak goals....and Ottawa is playing very well.....
Yeah, how can you not love Joe Sakic....classy guy and a true superstar

Buffalo just tied the game up 1-1 with 8 seconds left to play....into O/T we go

I've always loved Patrick Roy, but lost a lot of respect for him when he said he'd only play in a charity game if he was being paid. I mean that's just being a dick. Joe Sakic is one of the best to ever play the game.

Did you hear what Brodeur said about Emery? He said that Emery looked "shaky" to try to get into his head. That's not like Brodeur to say that.

Intellectual
05-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Brodeur is world class. i honestly could care less what he says or does at this point.

throughout the years i've watched hockey, he's easily been on of my favorite goalies.

legend without a doubt.

and i think he was the first goalie ever or one of few goalies ever to make a goal.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:42 AM
my Kings failed again. i've been a fan since i was 5, and the closest they got to the cup since Gretzky was on the team in 90-91. i think in 99? or was it 00? i dont remember but it was when Deadmarsh was on the team. awesome season.

I really can't see the Kings doing that much better next season. Apparently the players and their coach, Marc Crawford, don't usually see eye to eye, also they don't really have any "go to players".

I like seeing some true American hockey fans. Not American "fans" who like the their only when they're doing good. A fan should always stick with their team through the good and the bad. Like marrying a hot woman and staying with her once she gets fat and beomes a huge bitch.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Brodeur is world class. i honestly could care less what he says or does at this point.

throughout the years i've watched hockey, he's easily been on of my favorite goalies.

legend without a doubt.

and i think he was the first goalie ever or one of few goalies ever to make a goal.

I think Ron Hextall scored before he did. What a moment though. I still like him a lot. I think he is definitely one of the greates to goalies to play the game.

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:43 AM
yeah I know, Brodeur is usually quiet and goes about his buisness without saying much..... I think playing 78 games this season took to much outta him

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:44 AM
yeah I know, Brodeur is usually quiet and goes about his buisness without saying much..... I think playing 78 games this season took to much outta him

Playing that much is insane. Their secind goalie, Clemonson. has a pretty easy job though.

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Billy Smith I think, was the first goalie CREDITED with a goal, although he never actually shot the puck.....Hextall was the first to actually shoot and score.......Chris Osgood has also done it and Marty Brodeur has done it at least twice, and once in the playoffs.
He is a sure fire hall-of-famer when he retires....and will soon hold many of the goaltending records ( wins, shut-outs, playoff wins)....sorry Roy, and God.......LOL

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Playing that much is insane. Their secind goalie, Clemonson. has a pretty easy job though.
Great money, and the best seat in the house to watch the game.....plus he is learning from one of the, if not the best ever.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:51 AM
Billy Smith I think, was the first goalie CREDITED with a goal, although he never actually shot the puck.....Hextall was the first to actually shoot and score.......Chris Osgood has also done it and Marty Brodeur has done it at least twice, and once in the playoffs.
He is a sure fire hall-of-famer when he retires....and will soon hold many of the goaltending records ( wins, shut-outs, playoff wins)....sorry Roy, and God.......LOL

Ouch, that hurt. lol

Wins, yes because he play so much, shutouts, yes because New Jersey plays such a great defensive game. Playoff wins, never. He has 92 (I think) play off wins, while Patrick Roy has 151. That amount Roy has is insane. It's amost untouchable. Think about it, the most a goalie san win in a playoff season is 16, which means winning the cup.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Great money, and the best seat in the house to watch the game.....plus he is learning from one of the, if not the best ever.

He's learning from a great goalie, but doesn't get to show off his skill too often.

Intellectual
05-05-2007, 03:53 AM
I really can't see the Kings doing that much better next season. Apparently the players and their coach, Marc Crawford, don't usually see eye to eye, also they don't really have any "go to players".

I like seeing some true American hockey fans. Not American "fans" who like the their only when they're doing good. A fan should always stick with their team through the good and the bad. Like marrying a hot woman and staying with her once she gets fat and beomes a huge bitch.

i disagree.

check out our roster: if we keep the same players, we'll have better chemistry. i have faith in the team. we have great players

Anze Kopitar
Lubomir Visnovsky
Alexander Frolov
Dustin Brown
Tom Kostopoulos
Rob Blake
Jaroslav Modry
Aaron Miller

and the Russian rookie. forgot his last name. starts with a P.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:55 AM
i disagree.

check out our roster: if we keep the same players, we'll have better chemistry. i have faith in the team. we have great players

Anze Kopitar
Lubomir Visnovsky
Alexander Frolov
Dustin Brown
Tom Kostopoulos
Rob Blake
Jaroslav Modry
Aaron Miller

and the Russian rookie. forgot his last name. starts with a P.

Kopitar, Visnovsky, Frolovamd Blake are the only good ones. IMO.

The Kings also have a goalie issue, in which they need a good one.

What's the hockey sense like over there?

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:56 AM
no, but he did play in the last game of the season....the one that eliminated Toronto!!!!!!!!

Buffalo just scored in O/T to win 2-1

Highlander
05-05-2007, 03:57 AM
no, but he did play in the last game of the season....the one that eliminated Toronto!!!!!!!!

Buffalo just scored in O/T to win 2-1

Who scored?

kickass32
05-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Rob Blake, while still a good player, is nearing the end and has slowed quite a bit, and has a bit of a problem staying healthy........goaltending is a BIG issue.
Whatever happened to Roman Checkmanek....he didn't play for the kings this year did he??

kickass32
05-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Who scored?

Afinaganov shot.....I think they gave himn the goal, but to me it looked like Vanek may have deflected it.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Afinaganov shot.....I think they gave himn the goal, but to me it looked like Vanek may have deflected it.

I just saw the replay of it. It was definitely deflected. It slowed down a lot in front of the net, before going in.

Intellectual
05-05-2007, 04:05 AM
Rob Blake, while still a good player, is nearing the end and has slowed quite a bit, and has a bit of a problem staying healthy........goaltending is a BIG issue.
Whatever happened to Roman Checkmanek....he didn't play for the kings this year did he??

Checkmanek retired a few years ago didn't he? my memory is terrible. after the strike, hockey hasn't been the same for me.

Highlander
05-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Checkmanek retired a few years ago didn't he? my memory is terrible. after the strike, hockey hasn't been the same for me.

Why isn't it the same for you?

kickass32
05-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Was it that long ago???? yeah the lockout fucked me up too!!!!

I did see Checkmanek is playing with.....who is it? Slovakia?? Russia maybe, but anyways, he is playing now over at the World hockey Championships.....he is playing pretty good too

Highlander
05-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Ottawa beat New Jersey in 5 games! Sweet!

NixHex
05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Go Wings!! My boy Holmstrom makes a complete difference in this series.

Highlander
05-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Go Wings!! My boy Holmstrom makes a complete difference in this series.

I've always hated the wings. I hope the sharks eat them up.

Thaistylist
05-07-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm from Buffalo and I truly think that we will win it all this year. Anaheim is our best comp. but the Sabres match up well with the sens. After facing Lundqvist and DiPietro, Emery will seem like Kevin Weekes

Highlander
05-07-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm from Buffalo and I truly think that we will win it all this year. Anaheim is our best comp. but the Sabres match up well with the sens. After facing Lundqvist and DiPietro, Emery will seem like Kevin Weekes

What are you talking about? Emery has been getting better and better with every game he's playing. Lundqvist and Dipietro aren't exactly the greatest goalies anyway.

neonatural45
05-07-2007, 05:25 AM
im pissed that the flames are out, but at least I got to go to a playoff game this year (It was on the road.... which means they lost)

Right now im cheering for San Jose and Buffalo, but I did put a C note on anaheim to win (10-1 odds, not bad)

Thaistylist
05-08-2007, 02:41 AM
What are you talking about? Emery has been getting better and better with every game he's playing. Lundqvist and Dipietro aren't exactly the greatest goalies anyway.

Most people feel like Lundqvist was playing better than any other goalie in the playoffs. His only weakness is going high against him and that is something that the sabres arent strong at. They only have a collection of pure shooters namely pominville, kotalik, and hecht. In the series those 3 all sucked until the last two games. Hecht could barely put a shot on net until the final game. As far as Emery is concerned. He is much improved, however, he is still the same goalie that the sabres have made their bitch over and over. I wouldn't mind seeing the sabres dress Peters just so Emery could remember what happens when you disrespect the team. I look forward to the series, though, as it will be a very offensive one which is something we all like.

Highlander
05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Most people feel like Lundqvist was playing better than any other goalie in the playoffs. His only weakness is going high against him and that is something that the sabres arent strong at. They only have a collection of pure shooters namely pominville, kotalik, and hecht. In the series those 3 all sucked until the last two games. Hecht could barely put a shot on net until the final game. As far as Emery is concerned. He is much improved, however, he is still the same goalie that the sabres have made their bitch over and over. I wouldn't mind seeing the sabres dress Peters just so Emery could remember what happens when you disrespect the team. I look forward to the series, though, as it will be a very offensive one which is something we all like.

It should be a great series. Emery did beat the shit out of Biron though. Alos, Ottawa beat Buffalo 5 out of the 8 times this regular season.

Thaistylist
05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Emery, from what I hear, is a golden gloves boxer. After watching 2 series with the sabres playing defensive minded teams im looking forward to seeing some fast hockey

Highlander
05-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Emery, from what I hear, is a golden gloves boxer. After watching 2 series with the sabres playing defensive minded teams im looking forward to seeing some fast hockey

I knew Emery had a boxing background, but I didn't know he was golden gloves boxer. The rangers weren't really a defensive team. I like Brodeur, but New Jersey is a boring, defensive team. This will most likey be the series of the playoffs, IMO.

neonatural45
05-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Emery is a badass, but it is total bullshit that they made him take tyson off his helmet

Thaistylist
05-09-2007, 05:56 AM
I knew Emery had a boxing background, but I didn't know he was golden gloves boxer. The rangers weren't really a defensive team. I like Brodeur, but New Jersey is a boring, defensive team. This will most likey be the series of the playoffs, IMO.

playing a 1-4 seems pretty defensive to me

Highlander
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
playing a 1-4 seems pretty defensive to me

I guess you're right. I just can't wait for this series. High scoring (most likely) and a lot of fights (I hope so).

Emery is a badass, but it is total bullshit that they made him take tyson off his helmet

The management made him take it off because they said they wouldn't have their goalie wearing a mask with a convicted rapist on it.

kickass32
05-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Emery really has come into his own in these playoffs, but is by far the worst of the 4 remaining goalies.......but I still think the Sens can take this series, I don't think Spezza/Alfredsson and Heatley can be contained, while I do believe Schaefer and Fisher will beable to contain Drury and Brier.....it is going to be a hell of a series....maybe the best of the entire playoffs......I'm going Ottawa in 7

Highlander
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Emery really has come into his own in these playoffs, but is by far the worst of the 4 remaining goalies.......but I still think the Sens can take this series, I don't think Spezza/Alfredsson and Heatley can be contained, while I do believe Schaefer and Fisher will beable to contain Drury and Brier.....it is going to be a hell of a series....maybe the best of the entire playoffs......I'm going Ottawa in 7

I don't think Emery is far the worst goalie remaining because I think that him and Miller are pretty close. I'm going with Ottawa in 6. Volchenkov blocks a lot of shot and has really improved his game. Emery does play a lot better when people attempt to get ino his head, which will probably happen in this series.

Thaistylist
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Emery is not close to Miller. Miller's only problem is focus. The reason his GAA isnt better is the sabres are normally winning by 4 going into the 3rd and he stops caring. As far as volchenkov blocking shots, thats fine cuz the sabres dont get alot of shots through from the point anyways. They just need to be able to sneak a few through so that they can get deflections. Also, Ottawa is a one line team and buffalo has one of the best lines to go against that in drury, zubrus, and hecht. Add in the skating ability of lydman and tallinder and I feel that line will have less of an affect. They will still be good and when at home they will be dominant but the sabres have home ice. Sabres in 6, same way they disposed of the rangers.

Highlander
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Emery is not close to Miller. Miller's only problem is focus. The reason his GAA isnt better is the sabres are normally winning by 4 going into the 3rd and he stops caring. As far as volchenkov blocking shots, thats fine cuz the sabres dont get alot of shots through from the point anyways. They just need to be able to sneak a few through so that they can get deflections. Also, Ottawa is a one line team and buffalo has one of the best lines to go against that in drury, zubrus, and hecht. Add in the skating ability of lydman and tallinder and I feel that line will have less of an affect. They will still be good and when at home they will be dominant but the sabres have home ice. Sabres in 6, same way they disposed of the rangers.

Ottawais a 2 line team. If heatley, alfredson, Spezza aren't scoring, then fisher, neil, comrie will score and if they don't score, then they have a solid third line.

Thaistylist
05-10-2007, 11:59 PM
we'll see tonight... best of luck to ya

Thaistylist
05-11-2007, 03:53 AM
watching the sabres power play is like watching tim sylvia fight

mattsoper
05-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Ottawa takes it in buffalo to

I still think that buffalo will come back hard next game

anehiem will destroy detroit i think

stanley cup anahiem over buffalo in 7

I'm pullin for ottawa because they are the last canadian team but i just think buffalo will come out the better team

Highlander
05-11-2007, 06:19 PM
watching the sabres power play is like watching tim sylvia fight

No shit. lol

Their turnovers are pathetic.

I'm telling you, Ottawa in 6.

Metalhead
05-11-2007, 06:39 PM
So how are the Leafs doing? :grinsmile26:

Highlander
05-11-2007, 07:03 PM
So how are the Leafs doing? :grinsmile26:

Who are you talking to? I hate the leafs and was happy they didn't make the playoffs, as well, they made the big 4 0 for not having won the stanley cup.

Thaistylist
05-12-2007, 04:58 AM
i think whoever wins tomorrow wins the series in 6

*sidenote...my favorite player, toni lydman scored a goal

Highlander
05-12-2007, 07:44 PM
i think whoever wins tomorrow wins the series in 6

*sidenote...my favorite player, toni lydman scored a goal

Lydman is your favourite player? I guess you're th only one.

My favourite player in the series is Daniel Alfredson. He gats too much of the blame when Ottawa plays shitty, but he's playing amazing in these playoffs.

kickass32
05-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Ottawa up 3-0 now.........WOW who woulda thought that!!!!!!!!

Spezza, Heatley, and Alfredsson are killing the Sabres right now!

Thaistylist
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
They have gotten progressively worse throughout the playoffs. The only sabres playing well is ryan miller. A couple sabres are playing decently but this is the worst i have seen them play since before the lockout. It may be them or else it may be ottawa forcing them to play like that. Either way, best of luck to you ottawa fans for your sake i hope u guys can get one more win without injuries.

kickass32
05-15-2007, 07:24 PM
It certainly looks like it's over, but yeah you're right Miller is playing fantastic, if he can steal a game, put the momentum back onto the Sabres........who knows........history hasn't been kind to Ottawa......

Thaistylist
05-15-2007, 09:42 PM
History hasnt been kind to any team from Buffalo. We are a cursed city...

Highlander
05-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Woohoo! Ottawa beat Buffalo by a score of 1-0, It was (IMO0 a very exciting game. I wanted Ottawa to win, but I still felt a little bad for Miller as he seemed to be the only one actually trying in that game. I said Ottawa takes the series in 6 games, it might noot even make it that far.

Highlander
05-15-2007, 09:48 PM
History hasnt been kind to any team from Buffalo. We are a cursed city...

I hate football. I just don't find it appealing, but I know about the Bills.

Thaistylist
05-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I am not a huge Bills fan but they are my favorite NFL team. I was relatively young when they were having all that "success" and liked the Niners because I wanted to be like Joe Montana. Nowadays, going to college in Buffalo and seeing how badly all these Buffalonians take it I feel pretty terrible. I am convinced the only way a team from Buffalo will win a title is when there are absolutely no expectations whatsoever. One thing I am glad for is a team like Ottawa getting a chance. Also, they are very entertaining, I just wish Buffalo would at least try in this last game. I bet a junior b team could forecheck better than they are right now

Highlander
05-15-2007, 11:02 PM
I am not a huge Bills fan but they are my favorite NFL team. I was relatively young when they were having all that "success" and liked the Niners because I wanted to be like Joe Montana. Nowadays, going to college in Buffalo and seeing how badly all these Buffalonians take it I feel pretty terrible. I am convinced the only way a team from Buffalo will win a title is when there are absolutely no expectations whatsoever. One thing I am glad for is a team like Ottawa getting a chance. Also, they are very entertaining, I just wish Buffalo would at least try in this last game. I bet a junior b team could forecheck better than they are right now

Buffalo really has played pretty bad lately. They really haven't impressed me. A lot of people are saying that the pressure finally got to them.

kickass32
05-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Most "experts" picked Buffalo to waltz through the playoffs and, at least, make it to the Cup finals....that is pressure enough, but when they started off slow against the Islanders, and never really played an "outstanding" Sabres game in that series, maybe that pressure started to get to them...they looked a little shaky at times against the Rangers too. With Ottawa coming out so strong, and really are on a role, maybe that was the final piece of the puzzle in the collapse of the Sabres.

Like someone great once said, "You need to learn to lose before you can learn to win"

The Isles of the early 80's had some heartbreaks before they went onto their dynasty...The Oilers got taught how to win by those very same Isles.
The Devils had the heartbreak in '94 before they went onto their 3 cups.
The red wings had all those early exits before they went on their roll...etc..etc..

So I guess my point is, maybe this is where the Sabres learn, and next year they make the leap into the winners circle???

Thaistylist
05-16-2007, 08:53 AM
With the imminent departure of either drury or briere I am not sure if they can grow from this. One positive is their age, even Ott. went through growing pains like this.

Highlander
05-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Most "experts" picked Buffalo to waltz through the playoffs and, at least, make it to the Cup finals....that is pressure enough, but when they started off slow against the Islanders, and never really played an "outstanding" Sabres game in that series, maybe that pressure started to get to them...they looked a little shaky at times against the Rangers too. With Ottawa coming out so strong, and really are on a role, maybe that was the final piece of the puzzle in the collapse of the Sabres.

Like someone great once said, "You need to learn to lose before you can learn to win"

The Isles of the early 80's had some heartbreaks before they went onto their dynasty...The Oilers got taught how to win by those very same Isles.
The Devils had the heartbreak in '94 before they went onto their 3 cups.
The red wings had all those early exits before they went on their roll...etc..etc..

So I guess my point is, maybe this is where the Sabres learn, and next year they make the leap into the winners circle???

I agree with you, I thin Buffalo will really amazing next year.

Highlander
05-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Well, Buffalo won tonight by score of 3-2. Fuck!!! I hope Ottawa will win the next game, but my prdiction was that the series would go to 6 games.

kickass32
05-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I only caught the highlites, but it looked like it was a tale of 2 games.....Buffalo controlled the first half, and Ottawa looked like they got the better of the second half.......Miller saved their butts tonight it looked like.

Pronger's hit on Holmstrom..............deserved more than 1 game in my books....

Thaistylist
05-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Ottawa outplayed them the majority of the game again. Miller is just huge right now

kickass32
05-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, from the highlites, it looked as if Miller stood on his head the whole 3rd period.

NixHex
05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Don't get into Other Sports part of this site very much, but I am a diehard Wings fan, and i'm glad to see their flameouts are a thing of the past. My family (all from Michigan) was starting to get a little testy. I like how even though the Wings were the #1 seed they've been talked about like they're underdogs the last 2 series'. Hasek stopped letting easy ones in the net, and Holmstrom came back strong as hell (Pronger is trash btw) after his eye injury. GO WINGS!! I gotta date with my grandma to go watch the games in Michigan when they make it to the Cup. It's absolutely crazy watching a Wings game with a 60 year old woman that is loud & obsessed with her Wings, I can't wait.

kickass32
05-17-2007, 06:14 PM
It is funny, how the first place team in the Western Conference is considered the underdog........oh well, I'm pulling for the Wings, cause if they make the finals, I have a GOOD shot at winning my hockey pool!

Highlander
05-17-2007, 09:32 PM
If it wasn't for Miller, Ottawa would be moving to the finals right now, without a doubt.

kickass32
05-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Did the Wings blow their series by letting the Ducks off the hook without Pronger???? I kinda think so.......

Highlander
05-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Did the Wings blow their series by letting the Ducks off the hook without Pronger???? I kinda think so.......

I still think that the series will be close and go to 7 games.

Highlander
05-20-2007, 12:19 AM
YAY! Ottawa won. 3-2, Alfedson scored the overtime goal. I felt kind of bad for Buffalo because they had a great chance to scroe near the end of the 3rd period, but Mike Comrie moved the net so they had to stop the game, he got a penalty, but still blew the chance for Buffalo. However, I'm still glad that Otawa is moving on to the Stanley Cup finals to face either Detroit or Anaheim. YAY!

kickass32
05-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah i agree Wings/Ducks will probably go 7.....but I can't help but wonder if they had've been able to pull off the win Thurs. night, that they would've wrapped up the series tommorrow afternoon.

GO SENS!!!!!

Highlander
05-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah i agree Wings/Ducks will probably go 7.....but I can't help but wonder if they had've been able to pull off the win Thurs. night, that they would've wrapped up the series tommorrow afternoon.

GO SENS!!!!!

I don't think that Detroit eased up, I just think that Anaheim played a lot harder because they knew they had to.

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I cant believe that after all Miller did he got caught out of position on that wrister. It was a nice, quick shot but not the way I wanted to see that series end

kickass32
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I think Miller was just expecting one of the 3 Sabre players to take out Alfredsson.......I think the shot totally caught him off guard.....it wasn't a hard shot at all, but it was floating....

Thaistylist
05-20-2007, 06:45 PM
he was in the process of cutting down the angle but was slow in getting out. I am sure that he figured one of those 3 would cancel the shot but it def never came. At any rate I will be cheering for the Sens in the finals

kickass32
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Miller stops that shot 99 times out of a 100....just some bad luck and poor defensive play!!!!

Go Wings!!!!
and
GO SENS!!!!

Howie
05-20-2007, 07:10 PM
im far from a sens fan but i hope the sens win the cup just to bring it back to canada. and i hope to c hrist that the wings dont win. i hate that teanm

kickass32
05-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm a devils fans, but I'm cheering for the Sens because A/ So the Cup comes back to Canada where it belongs, and B/ cuse it will rub it in the face of the Maple Leafs and their fans............

Intellectual
05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Kings didn't make it, and im not a Ducks fan. i use to play D, and Lidstrom was my hero as a kid, but i'll be cheering for the Sens in the final.

kickass32
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Fucking Wings.................they are blowing it....they let the Ducks off the hook in game 4 without pronger, and they blew it yesterday at home.
I'm afraid this series is over tomorrow night in game 6.

NixHex
05-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Fucking Wings.................they are blowing it....they let the Ducks off the hook in game 4 without pronger, and they blew it yesterday at home.
I'm afraid this series is over tomorrow night in game 6.
Don't you talk like that. I can't believe that puck went off of Lidstrom's stick like that and flopped over Hasek's old ass... FUCK!! I think they'll come back though, they outplayed the Ducks all damn game. GO WINGS

kickass32
05-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, bye bye Wings!!! Fuck!
Oh well any thoughts on the finals?
I'm going with Ottawa in 6

GO SENS!!

Highlander
05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, bye bye Wings!!! Fuck!
Oh well any thoughts on the finals?
I'm going with Ottawa in 6

GO SENS!!

I think that it will be Ottawa in 6 games as well. I also don't want Pronger to win because I hae that douchebag.

kickass32
05-24-2007, 06:42 PM
I used to be a Pronger fan, but the way he left Edmonton made me sick and I lost all respect for him, and coming off that hit to Holmstrom.....well let's just say he is now one of my least favorite players.

Metalhead
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I used to be a Pronger fan, but the way he left Edmonton made me sick and I lost all respect for him, and coming off that hit to Holmstrom.....well let's just say he is now one of my least favorite players.

If your wife was going to leave you if you didn't get out of Edmonton would you ask to be traded?

kickass32
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM
The way I look at it is, the player, regardless of who, has a short window of opportunity to make money. The nature of the buisness is you can be traded at any given time, and Prongers wife knew that going in. So Yes, I would say suck it up, I've got X amount of years on this contract, we'll move when it's up.
Bryan McCabe was going through the same thing, yet he manged to stay in Toronto.

Highlander
05-24-2007, 11:05 PM
If your wife was going to leave you if you didn't get out of Edmonton would you ask to be traded?

Pronger was being a pussy. He signeda contract. If his wife didn't want to move there, then she should have said something. Pronger should have told his wife "tough shit!" I agree with Kickass.

kickass32
05-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I really lose a lot of respect for player who hold-out, for any reason, or demand to be traded. You have a contract, and in all cases, are making good $$$$.

Highlander
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, Ottawa lost, fuck. They played real sloppy and it wasn't a great game. I hope they bounce back from this and win the cup.

Howie
05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Maybe is Pronger had of kept his dick in his pants his wife would have stayed in edmonton. but ol chris felt the need to bang a reporter.

Highlander
05-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Maybe is Pronger had of kept his dick in his pants his wife would have stayed in edmonton. but ol chris felt the need to bang a reporter.

He cheated on his wife?

kickass32
05-30-2007, 12:02 AM
That was certainly the rumours flying around!!

From what I saw of game 1 it looked horribly sloppy..........the NHL look like idiots for such a long lay-off between the series.....

GO SENS!!!!

Howie
05-30-2007, 12:47 AM
hahaha. that was the scoop in edmonton. now if i remember from last year i think he may have knocked her up to.

Gmunit
05-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, Ottawa lost, fuck. They played real sloppy and it wasn't a great game. I hope they bounce back from this and win the cup.

you must be closer to Ottawa than Toronto

Well, Ottawa lost, sweet

kickass32
05-31-2007, 01:39 AM
It does seem as if people in "Leaf Nation" ( South central Ontario) just aren't joining in on the Sens ride..........I think Leaf fans see this as the ultimate slap in the face......the expansion, hated rivals, senators made it to the Cup finals....something the Leafs have been unable to do since '67.

SgtFrenchy
05-31-2007, 02:05 AM
It sure would be nice for a canadien team to win for once though.

kickass32
06-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Holy fuck, the Sens are going to have to change alot of things up if they are gonna get back into this series!! Emery has played very well, but where the hell are Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson????

SgtFrenchy
06-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Ya no kidding! The Sens were all over everybody before this series. What the hell is going on?
:banghead:

Gmunit
06-01-2007, 02:13 AM
It does seem as if people in "Leaf Nation" ( South central Ontario) just aren't joining in on the Sens ride..........I think Leaf fans see this as the ultimate slap in the face......the expansion, hated rivals, senators made it to the Cup finals....something the Leafs have been unable to do since '67.

the Sens are doing well because they didn't have to play the Leafs

It sure would be nice for a canadien team to win for once though.

ya, the Leafs, Flames, Habs, Oil, or Canucks

SgtFrenchy
06-01-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm all for tradition and canadien teams but....it's all about the Bruins my man.:music1:

kickass32
06-01-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm all for tradition and canadien teams but....it's all about the Bruins my man.:music1:
Cam Neely was a God!

Highlander
06-01-2007, 03:11 AM
you must be closer to Ottawa than Toronto

Well, Ottawa lost, sweet

I live about 50 minutes from Ottawa. I'm really just cheering for them because they're a Canadian team. I also hate Pronger. I'm an Avalanche fan.

SgtFrenchy
06-01-2007, 10:35 AM
You can't forget about Bourque. That guy was the best!

kickass32
06-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Bourque was awesom too, I really liked Rick Middleton as well!

kickass32
06-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Fucking Chris Pronger, the fucking idiot was at it again, throwing a blatent elbow to the head of McCammond. The idiot should be suspended for the rest of the series.

Highlander
06-04-2007, 09:49 PM
I agree Kickass, I'm getting really sick of Pronger and his careless play. He didn't even apoligize for that illegal elbow. I thought he should have been suspended for 2 games, but the rest of the series would have been fine by me.

kickass32
06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I understand in the heat of the game, shit happens, but this is his 2nd time in 2 series, and his 6th suspension overall, the boy is brutally careless.

Howie
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
i wouldnt call it as much careless as i would dirty

Highlander
06-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I understand in the heat of the game, shit happens, but this is his 2nd time in 2 series, and his 6th suspension overall, the boy is brutally careless.

I think it's his 7th suspension. I think tsn had said that "his 6 prior suspensions".

kickass32
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I think it's his 7th suspension. I think tsn had said that "his 6 prior suspensions".
There you go.....even worse......
There just doesn't seem to be the same level of respect between the players as there used to be.

Highlander
06-04-2007, 11:42 PM
There you go.....even worse......
There just doesn't seem to be the same level of respect between the players as there used to be.

I don't know about that. I think there's always been disreespect among players, but now it is more talked about and when you have 10 sports channels and they constantly replay what happened, it seems like there is more visciousness, then there actually is.

kickass32
06-05-2007, 12:30 AM
yeah, you maybe right....I was just thinking though, before, in the 6 team league, even when they expanded to 12 then 16, the players probably knew each other better, thus respecting each other....and now that there is 30 teams players in the west, sometimes don't see eastern players for an entire year.........but now that I think about it, maybe that lessens the degree of animosity betwen players...not seeing each other much to create the hatred.........oh who the hell knows....lol

Highlander
06-05-2007, 01:11 AM
yeah, you maybe right....I was just thinking though, before, in the 6 team league, even when they expanded to 12 then 16, the players probably knew each other better, thus respecting each other....and now that there is 30 teams players in the west, sometimes don't see eastern players for an entire year.........but now that I think about it, maybe that lessens the degree of animosity betwen players...not seeing each other much to create the hatred.........oh who the hell knows....lol

I don't know, but back in the day, hockey players used to use their sticks as weapons and beat their opponents with it, so I don't think it was less violent back then.

kickass32
06-05-2007, 01:17 AM
No I agree the acts of pure violence back in the day........Dave Schultz and the broad street bullies, and the " Big Bad Bruins", man was there some nasty shit!!!!!!

Highlander
06-05-2007, 01:20 AM
No I agree the acts of pure violence back in the day........Dave Schultz and the broad street bullies, and the " Big Bad Bruins", man was there some nasty shit!!!!!!

Absolutely, or as Don Cherry calls it, "The good ol' days!"

kickass32
06-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Absolutely, or as Don Cherry calls it, "The good ol' days!"
LOL........it's hard to believe the goon tactics used, while players weren't wearing helmets, and the equipment was sooooo inferior.

Afro
06-05-2007, 04:09 AM
lets go Ottawa

Don Cherry is the man!

warrior06
06-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Quack! Quack! Quack!

Highlander
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I listen to what Don Cherry say, just because he's entertaining, but as far as his views, I think he's a fucking idiot.

Fucking Ducks! Ottawa lost again. Do you guys think Alfredson meant to hit Neidemeyer with that puck? I like to give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't do stuff like that, but it did look bad.

Emery played like shit, while Giguere played amaing. I say he's going to win the Conn Smythe again.

kickass32
06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
I hate to say it, but I do think he intentionally shot the puck at Niedermyer.
He kinda pauses, then re-aims his shot.....that leeds me to believe he knew what he was doing.........in my view, that is a suspension.

SgtFrenchy
06-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Damn those friggin' Ducks! Oh and Don Cherry is a friggin god!

CEVANS
06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
tonight is the night we say good bye to the sens:wavesmile:

kickass32
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Unfortunatly, I do believe you're right.

Highlander
06-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Goddamn fucking shit! They got their asses handed to them. If it wasn't for Alfredson, Ottawa would have been shut out. Nobody better critisize the way Alfredson played. He seemed to be the only one to give a shit. Heatley and Spezza played terible in the finals. Emery play average in the finals, but absolutely terrible in the last game. Wade Redden didn't even play good throughout the playoffs. I really didn't want Pronger to win the cup.

kickass32
06-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Can't critisize Alfredsson too much, he was on of only a handful of Sens that showed up all finals. Spezza and Heatley went MIA, but are young and will bounce back I'm sure. Emery played great the first 2 games, but then morphed into the Emery from last season.
It's the old curse of the European captains........no team with a European captain has ever won a Stanley Cup!

ProbeDriver
06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Even tho im not a Ducks fan... Im a big fan of Teemu Selanne and what he brings to a team... and I think its great to see a guy who has been playing the game for 14 years and finaly acomplish his childhood dream. Hopefuly he doesnt deside to hang up the skates after this year and comes to montreal to play with his good friend saku :grinsmile26:

What can i say... you can always dream right :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Malice
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Damn Ducks Smasht That Ass!

jesusatemyhotdog
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Finally, the best GM in the league gets a cup. Brian Burke should be running the NHL, not than snivelling douche, Gary Bettman.

CEVANS
06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
sens did not show up last night at all out played from begining to end.

philips (sp?) you meat stick what a way to lose the cup

kickass32
06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Finally, the best GM in the league gets a cup. Brian Burke should be running the NHL, not than snivelling douche, Gary Bettman.

Alot of that team still has Bryan Murray's finger prints on it. Burke did do a good job, but he did inherit some of it too.

Howie
06-07-2007, 10:03 PM
alfredson led the playoffs in goals. cant give him shit. ottawa just fell apart. maybe next year canada will win the cup. they've had a chance the last 3 years and couldnt do it

kickass32
06-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Well it won't be Toronto, Montreal or edmonton, but with a little tinckering Ottawa could be there again. Calgary has a s good of a shot as anybody, and as long as Vancouver has Roberto Luongo in net, they have a shot.