PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Weems is a Pro WrestlerHey

smoogy
05-06-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey guys. I'm not the biggest TUF fan, but I stumbled across this today and thought it was pretty funny:

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/forum/displaymessage.php?Thread_ID=24431&fid=1&Last_Update=2007-05-04%2022:51:04

It appears one of his MMA victories was in a professional wrestling show. Keep in mind, Wayne is a professional wrestler in Illinois, under the name of Nathan Ironside.

"IWAI Granite City 10/21/2006

IWAI – Independent Wrestling Alliance of Illinois

Granite City, IL 10/21/2006

-- "The Natural" Nathan Ironside came out, ranked in Mixed Martial Arts. Nat's got a rather crappy T-shirt, so I declined to purchase one. Sorry. Accompanied by Vixen, who is both pretty and nice [okay, she's a heel, but no worry] {– did I mention punk/Goth?}, Nate took on Tripp Strychnine for the IWAI Television Title. No TV in sight….[sigh]

Anyway, Tripp did well, but shook his booty at Vixen, who swore to get revenge. Nat did some decent stuff and yelled at hecklers to take notes. Since I actually DO take notes, I held up my Daytimer. [I showed Vixen where my notes read "Cheat to Win", and she smiled]. This was a Falls Count Anywhere Match [which includes submissions, BTW]. Brutal match, spilled into the crowd. Nate locked on an armbar and got Tripp to submit [not before Vixen whacked him!!] outside the ring at 9" 33". Nathan Ironside is thus the new IWAI TV Champ."

But... for some reason, this is listed on Sherdog as a legitimate fight.

This isn't a slight towards Wayne, I just wonder if he's aware that they've got a wrestling match listed on his fight finder.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=10769

Also, another discovery... Weems's fight the next week against Johnny Wisdom was ALSO in professional wrestling.. Buit it's listed on fight finder as being a legit MMA fight..

lolz

chuteboxechamp
05-06-2007, 08:49 PM
that is both sad and extremely dissapointing.

Bullock
05-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I am sure he has a bright future......

LebenTysonTank
05-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Ya know what? I have actually seen this kid fight and theres quite an amazing story behind it.It was at a festival called The Gathering of the Juggalos which I've attended several times.It's basicly a 3 day festival of live music,pro wrestling,games,tattoos,drugs and on that particular year they did an MMA show.They did it outside at night which was dope because you can just smoke weed freely as there are no cops there but neways back to what happened.The announcer guy came out and announced in the ring that one of the busses carrying the fighters had got in a bad accident and most of the fighters were not going to be there.So they ended up only having like 5 or 6 fighters.Everyone was kinda bummed out but the first match was Wayne Weems vs another dude,and Weems came straight out and floored him,dude was flat knocked the fuck out.Then since he hadn't occured any injury and the fights were no longer booked correctly and also seeing as this was an underground event,they could kinda improvise,so Wayne tells him to bring the next person out and he'll fight them.They do so he submits the guy quickly and asks for another fighter!! He took the next fight to a 3rd round submission by rear naked choke.Then they had the only 2 guys he didnt fight,fight each other and to which it was a heavyweight and welterweight I believe and the heavyweight submitted him by armbar.Then after that Weems challenged the heavyweight and the heavyweight turned him down...so granted the kid was tearing through cans,he may have a little something..the fights are actually posted on youtube( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5WSq9DWtI )and although they didnt include all the footage its worth watching and might give you an idea of what Weems is capable of.

drake_411
05-07-2007, 11:58 AM
^^^Very interesting story, thanks for sharing. repped you, even though it probably didn't do much lol.

j.farrell
05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Ya know what? I have actually seen this kid fight and theres quite an amazing story behind it.It was at a festival called The Gathering of the Juggalos which I've attended several times.It's basicly a 3 day festival of live music,pro wrestling,games,tattoos,drugs and on that particular year they did an MMA show.They did it outside at night which was dope because you can just smoke weed freely as there are no cops there but neways back to what happened.The announcer guy came out and announced in the ring that one of the busses carrying the fighters had got in a bad accident and most of the fighters were not going to be there.So they ended up only having like 5 or 6 fighters.Everyone was kinda bummed out but the first match was Wayne Weems vs another dude,and Weems came straight out and floored him,dude was flat knocked the fuck out.Then since he hadn't occured any injury and the fights were no longer booked correctly and also seeing as this was an underground event,they could kinda improvise,so Wayne tells him to bring the next person out and he'll fight them.They do so he submits the guy quickly and asks for another fighter!! He took the next fight to a 3rd round submission by rear naked choke.Then they had the only 2 guys he didnt fight,fight each other and to which it was a heavyweight and welterweight I believe and the heavyweight submitted him by armbar.Then after that Weems challenged the heavyweight and the heavyweight turned him down...so granted the kid was tearing through cans,he may have a little something..the fights are actually posted on youtube( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5WSq9DWtI )and although they didnt include all the footage its worth watching and might give you an idea of what Weems is capable of.
Thats crazy. Repped.

LebenTysonTank
05-08-2007, 01:11 AM
WTF? Why the hell is that there?

huh??