PDA

View Full Version : Looking in the mirror

Tokyo's bad boy
05-07-2007, 07:39 PM
This may seem vain, but I like to work out to stay in shape and look good. I notice, though, if I up close to a mirror, all my definition seems to disappear, but if I step back a few feet and let the light hit me, then I look really muscular. I'm not sure why that is, maybe its simple science but anyone else who works out notice that?

Rufio
05-07-2007, 08:32 PM
It's because of the light you're in. Hell, no matter what the distance, definiton shows up differently in different lights. That's why body builders put on oil and crap. The shin brings out their definition. Up close all you can really see is the general shape of your muscles without all the 'details.'

Tokyo's bad boy
05-08-2007, 03:43 AM
That's true about the shin. Its just odd how I can look like 2 different people in different mirrors or light. I'll stick with my downstairs mirror as it makes me look the best lol

Rufio
05-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Meant "shine" instead of "shin," LOL. I noticed that in some mirrors, I can see my front abs even if I'm at rest, but in others I can only see them if I squeeze the muscles and crouch. I think you'll have to get down to like 7% body fat if you want your definition to show up in just about any light.

BIG FLO
05-08-2007, 08:24 AM
just understand that people won't see you in the best light all the time. don't think you are too huge just because you have the perfect light and shadows. make it your goal to look defined even close up to the mirror.

Tokyo's bad boy
05-08-2007, 07:57 PM
That's true and that's what i wonder. I wonder how other people see me if i'm outside or something, so I never know if I'm in prime shape or not.

Rufio
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Tape yourself shirtless. I did once, back when my body fat was higher than it is now, and I actually looked better than I thought I did. May've been the light though, LOL.

I've seen some pics where Cro Cop and Diego don't look very defined, while other times you can see clear six-packs on them.

It's virtually impossible to look defined in all lights. What I'm striving for is to have NO visible body fat in any light. That way, even if I'm in a bad light I still have the correct "shape."