PDA

View Full Version : Fight Request Thread

Ramma
05-09-2007, 04:29 AM
It is getting quite large. I think it might be a good idea to divide the Fight Request Threads into organizations (I just had deja vu, so I hope I haven't done this before).

I.E.

UFC Fight Request Thread

PRIDE Fight Request Thread

Cage Rage Fight Request Thread

It is getting really hard to find stuff. Even if you search, The thread comes up, but there are 98 pages now. And maybe, eventually the fights are moved to:

UFC Fight Thread

PRIDE Fight Thread

where they could be organized by event, or something. I mean, I know it is A LOT of work, I don't think Smoogy, Noob, Clint, Boone, Bullock, Dork, Sundance, etc. will be able to snap their fingers and it is done. It is just a suggestion.

Howie
05-09-2007, 04:46 AM
i think thats a good idea.

Howie
05-09-2007, 04:51 AM
done

Ramma
05-09-2007, 04:51 AM
To go on Noob's suggestion, one sticky to all of the threads could work as well. I just think the old way of doing it has become too much. Either way, I think this will be much easier to separate the organizations

Noob
05-09-2007, 05:21 AM
To go on Noob's suggestion, one sticky to all of the threads could work as well. I just think the old way of doing it has become too much. Either way, I think this will be much easier to separate the organizations

I brought this to your (the mods) attention because I will search for fights or request fights that already exist and never find them because it is a 98 page thread. It is becoming increasingly more difficult

We may want to move this discuss to the site suggestions section (where the idea originated) as to not flood this thread.

You do realize that you can search within a thread too right? You don't have to search through 98 pages of a thread to find something you want.

At the top of the screen in any thread you can search within a thread for what you want. Works just the same as searching within a forum.

Ramma
05-09-2007, 05:27 AM
You do realize that you can search within a thread too right? You don't have to search through 98 pages of a thread to find something you want.

At the top of the screen in any thread you can search within a thread for what you want. Works just the same as searching within a forum.

Yes I do, and it helps a little. If I type in a fighter like Royce, I am sure 15-20 pages of comments will come up.

Boo
05-09-2007, 05:30 AM

You can do that within the general search function too. The default is to get your search results by thread, but you can change it to give you search results by post.

Just for the record, I think Ramma has an idea worth considering.

Noob
05-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Yes I do, and it helps a little. If I type in a fighter like Royce, I am sure 15-20 pages of comments will come up.
That goes both ways though. If you search for someone with as many fights as Royce you have to expect you're going to get a lot of results. I don't think there is really any way around that.

Plus, especially with guys who have been around as long as Royce, splitting into organizations only does so much good because many fighters have fought in multiple organizations.

Besides, even splitting it up between UFC and Pride, you're still going to have to search through 44 pages instead of 98. It's not an overly efficient solution.

And easier fix might be to search for 'Royce' and the other fighter's name you're looking for. I imagine that would cut down on the search time a lot. Example being 'Royce, Shamrock' or 'Royce, Kimo'.

Ramma
05-09-2007, 05:35 AM
That goes both ways though. If you search for someone with as many fights as Royce you have to expect you're going to get a lot of results. I don't think there is really any way around that.

Plus, especially with guys who have been around as long as Royce, splitting into organizations only does so much good because many fighters have fought in multiple organizations.

Besides, even splitting it up between UFC and Pride, you're still going to have to search through 44 pages instead of 98. It's not an overly efficient solution.

And easier fix might be to search for 'Royce' and the other fighter's name you're looking for. I imagine that would cut down on the search time a lot.

That is all true, but I think this is a good way to keep things more organized. I mean, it is up to you guys. I just think it would certainly make the searching a little bit easier

Noob
05-09-2007, 05:37 AM
Just for the record, I think Ramma has an idea worth considering.

That is all true, but I think this is a good way to keep things more organized. I mean, it is up to you guys. I just think it would certainly make the searching a little bit easier

I'm not inherently against the idea, but I think at the very least a poll should be made and left to sit for a few days so that we get a good representative sample of the members' opinions.

I try to make it a point to do something like that for most changes on the forum, large or small. Keep things democratic.

Ramma
05-09-2007, 05:42 AM
I'm not inherently against the idea, but I think at the very least a poll should be made and left to sit for a few days so that we get a good representative sample of the members' opinions.

I try to make it a point to do something like that for most changes on the forum, large or small. Keep things democratic.

Hey, of course, if you want to vote on it, who am I to disagree.

Noob
05-09-2007, 05:46 AM
I think Bullock should decide, after all he was the original Pic and Vid man, he kept this place up for a very long time, He was originaly just a mod of the Vid section, I'd like to hear his opinion.

A good idea. Someone drag him away from his comic book thread and get him in here.

Howie
05-09-2007, 05:51 AM
yea u guys can sort this out,. i thought it was a good idea