PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate fighter for pros

Ryukuma
05-10-2007, 03:46 AM
you know ive read alot about the different welterweights who want a shot, and say theyd wish they had the chance to be on that show. So i say why doesn't UFC take all of the 16 most deserving welterweights, put them on the show, and the winner will get a titleshot.

In my opinion what this will do is not only get a killer rating because the fights are going to be a hell of alot better, but it gives all those people who really do deserve a title shot to prove their worth and all that.

Just say your thoughts

foutch550
05-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Talk about UFC taking it on the chin. You take 16 "deserving" welterweights and (for the most part) have a Grand Prix with the winner getting a title shot. I'd venture to guess that most of those fights between "deserving" welterweights would be PPV caliber fights. I'd be shocked if Dana gave up the $$. More likely to have a Grand Prix of sorts in a division. However as a fan, hell yes. PPV-caliber fights free on tv? Bring it on.

Ryukuma
05-10-2007, 03:58 AM
well this would showcase the talent because i mean if white wants good ratings he should show good stuff, and i mean hell he could just make some of the fights you see on tuf into ppv, so i really dont see it affecting cash to much, and plus i love tournaments those to me is what ufc is lacking in terms of how they set up fights, i think they should use tournys more often to decide number 1 contender

sandywh
05-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Talk about UFC taking it on the chin. You take 16 "deserving" welterweights and (for the most part) have a Grand Prix with the winner getting a title shot. I'd venture to guess that most of those fights between "deserving" welterweights would be PPV caliber fights. I'd be shocked if Dana gave up the $$. More likely to have a Grand Prix of sorts in a division. However as a fan, hell yes. PPV-caliber fights free on tv? Bring it on.

Don't discount that idea just yet. If UFC can pull off a weekly / semi weekly live event on one of the major networks, that will likely happen. It might be 2 years away.

Imagine if HBO aired a live event every two weeks. The main event for close to a year could be this "tournament style". I absolutely believe that that is exactly what the UFC is hoping / pursuing. Whether its HBO, (God forbid) ESPN, or somewhere else.

Ryukuma
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Don't discount that idea just yet. If UFC can pull off a weekly / semi weekly live event on one of the major networks, that will likely happen. It might be 2 years away.

Imagine if HBO aired a live event every two weeks. The main event for close to a year could be this "tournament style". I absolutely believe that that is exactly what the UFC is hoping / pursuing. Whether its HBO, (God forbid) ESPN, or somewhere else.

i really would hope so, because i mean ive always fancied tournaments, and its always appealed to me as the greatest way to determine whos the best

neonatural45
05-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Never in a million years would the UFC empty a division for that long. None of the people on the show would be able to fight for like, 5 months or something.

TapOut10
06-24-2007, 08:36 PM
ok..UFC would never do that, it sounds like a great idea but come on..if it was the welterweight division at the end the only ppl who'd be geting title shots would either be hughes,GSP,or mabye even karo. it would come down to them none of the other ppl who truly "deserve" a title shot. we allready know who the best in that division are

but good idea, it would be fun to watch