PDA

View Full Version : Discuss NBA Playoffs

BigBanda
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
So who all watches basketball and has a team they are going for in the playoffs currently? I was born and raised in San Antonio so doesnt take a genious to figure out who I'm going for. Spurs were looking good in game 1 with Pheonix but not so hot in game 2, tonight we'll make it 2-1 though :)

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/e/ec/San_Antonio_Spurs_logo.png

Highlander
05-11-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't really watch basketball too often, but I was going for Toronto because they are a Canaidan team, since they sucked so bad they're out. Now I'm going for Phoenix because of Steve Nash.

BigBanda
05-11-2007, 12:53 AM
I don't really watch basketball too often, but I was going for Toronto because they are a Canaidan team, since they sucked so bad they're out. Now I'm going for Phoenix because of Steve Nash.
I hate Steve Nash lol.... but yeah he is a good ball player

Highlander
05-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I hate Steve Nash lol.... but yeah he is a good ball player

How can anybody hate him? He's not a hog with the ball (Kobe Bryant) and he's not a pussy (Parker). He's also not a cocky bastard (Vince Carter).

BigBanda
05-11-2007, 07:30 PM
How can anybody hate him? He's not a hog with the ball (Kobe Bryant) and he's not a pussy (Parker). He's also not a cocky bastard (Vince Carter).
why is parker a pussy ??? He is a great ball player as well

Highlander
05-11-2007, 07:34 PM
why is parker a pussy ??? He is a great ball player as well

When Nash's nose collided with parker's face, he fell down and stayed down for a while, while Nash was trying to get the blood out of his eyes and go back and play.

You seriously don't like Nash?

Metalhead
05-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Nash is by far the only reason I would consider watching an NBA game.

Highlander
05-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Nash is by far the only reason I would consider watching an NBA game.

He's exciting to watch. You Canadian?

BigBanda
05-11-2007, 08:45 PM
When Nash's nose collided with parker's face, he fell down and stayed down for a while, while Nash was trying to get the blood out of his eyes and go back and play.

You seriously don't like Nash?
No I think Nash is a phenomenal player. I just dont like Nash when he is on the opposite team I am going for lol

Highlander
05-11-2007, 08:59 PM
No I think Nash is a phenomenal player. I just dont like Nash when he is on the opposite team I am going for lol

Oh, I undrstand. Hence, why you didn't like me saying Parker is a pussy. lol

What's your prediction on the series? I'm saying Phoenix in 7.

BigBanda
05-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh, I undrstand. Hence, why you didn't like me saying Parker is a pussy. lol

What's your prediction on the series? I'm saying Phoenix in 7.
I'm gonna say the opposite... Spurs in 7

Highlander
05-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm gonna say the opposite... Spurs in 7

Either way, I'll actually be (probably) watching this series.

Metalhead
05-12-2007, 01:51 AM
He's exciting to watch. You Canadian?

From Vancouver. If the Grizzlies drafted him they'd still be around. I seriously hate basketball but that guy truly makes it interesting. Not because he's Canadian, but because he's so good. Just how he controls the game is phenominal. Most superstars are flashy and shoot everytime they get the ball. He's the opposite and oozing talent.

mcdev88
05-12-2007, 09:34 AM
nash is the freakin man. suns in 6. im a bulls fan though. that aint going good right now. AHHHH!!!!!

Highlander
05-12-2007, 08:46 PM
From Vancouver. If the Grizzlies drafted him they'd still be around. I seriously hate basketball but that guy truly makes it interesting. Not because he's Canadian, but because he's so good. Just how he controls the game is phenominal. Most superstars are flashy and shoot everytime they get the ball. He's the opposite and oozing talent.

I competely agree with you. Nash is the true sportsman with talent, modesty, and sportsmanship.

tmac
05-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Did anyone see the game yesterday? :angrrry: I big suns fan and I absolutely hate the spurs. So you know I was so disappointed.

I am starting to think that this next game is going to be do or die for the suns. If they go down 3-1, I think that it is over for them. Which is a shame because they are the most talented and exicting team in the league right now, IMO.

Highlander
05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Did anyone see the game yesterday? :angrrry: I big suns fan and I absolutely hate the spurs. So you know I was so disappointed.

I am starting to think that this next game is going to be do or die for the suns. If they go down 3-1, I think that it is over for them. Which is a shame because they are the most talented and exicting team in the league right now, IMO.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I really hope the suns win and nash is playoff mvp.

DOCTOR
05-14-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm a Warriors fan, so I'm glad I finally get to see them in the playoffs. I'm also a huge college basketball fan, and the atmosphere at the Warriors games seem to be almost as intense as a college game. They are so fun to watch. Just because they're down by 30 points, it doesn't mean they can't come back. If you haven't seen them play, check them out. Even if you've only heard of 1 or 2 of the players on the team, it's worth it. LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!

Punk Ass
05-15-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm a Warriors fan, so I'm glad I finally get to see them in the playoffs. I'm also a huge college basketball fan, and the atmosphere at the Warriors games seem to be almost as intense as a college game. They are so fun to watch. Just because they're down by 30 points, it doesn't mean they can't come back. If you haven't seen them play, check them out. Even if you've only heard of 1 or 2 of the players on the team, it's worth it. LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!

I'm a Nets fan (and you should watch them sometime, when the Nets are running and gunning, their very fun to watch) but I'm really liking the Warriors' heart. They're a wild, street ball type of team that will absolutely stunt you with their explosiveness. Probably the most entertaining team in the NBA.

But I don't think they're comming back from a 30 point deficit lol

Punk Ass
05-15-2007, 02:25 AM

He's the closest thing to John Stockton. And a class act. I hate him against my team but I have to agree.

But, I disagree about most superstars being flashy. I think most just don't have the vision of Stave Nash. Not to many players in history have gotten 11 assists and 20 points a game. I do think flashy is good though. In the 60s and 70s Basketball was boring IMO. They dribbled very simple (no crossovers) dunks were trash, and everybody seemed stiff with no type of flavor to their game, I'm not going to even mention the tight ass booty shorts. Im glad those days are over.

BigBanda
05-15-2007, 09:05 PM
SON OF A BITCH! lol.... Spurs up like the whole damn game and wind up losing. The hip check to Nash via Horry was pretty entertaining though haha. Series is really aggressive.

Ubermensch
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Your team deserves to lose this is not mma and when you know you are not going to win a game to hard foul like in the last minute is totally lame and unsportsmanlike. They baited the Suns team and the Suns fell for it. If your team gets past the next round I hope they have all their dreams wiped away by Detroit again and I will laugh as they sulk like bitches because they deserve it.

mcdev88
05-16-2007, 10:53 PM
those suspensions are bs. horry yes should be gone but to take amarie out is so dumb.

BigBanda
05-16-2007, 11:14 PM
YES Staudemire is benched for the game tonight! lol I know some of yall really hate me and the spurs now

Ubermensch
05-16-2007, 11:31 PM
GAME SIX
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/nba/070515/v051508A.jpg
GAME SEVEN
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070515/amare_1864.jpg
END RESULT
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/tombstone.jpg
SPURS GO HOME!!
http://english.people.com.cn/200504/26/images/duncan1.jpg

mcdev88
05-17-2007, 07:42 AM
the suns are still going to win, eben without amarie! hahahaha! nba gave horry and the spurs a reward though for body checking nash. really dumb.

mcdev88
05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
GAME SIX
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/nba/070515/v051508A.jpg
GAME SEVEN
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070515/amare_1864.jpg
END RESULT
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/tombstone.jpg
SPURS GO HOME!!
http://english.people.com.cn/200504/26/images/duncan1.jpg
there isnt going to be a game 7!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BigBanda
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Game 5:

-Spurs 88
-Suns 85

:)

mcdev88
05-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Game 5:

-Spurs 88
-Suns 85

i hate u. and i hate the spurs. jk about u tho. lol.:angrrry:

Ubermensch
05-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Game 5:

-Spurs 88
-Suns 85

Where does it say game five in my collage??? Oh yea it doesn't

tmac
05-18-2007, 05:21 AM
Game 5:

-Spurs 88
-Suns 85

Don't celebrate. The suns led that game for 3 quarters without Amare and Diaw. You know they are going to come back even hungrier.

I reiterate the Spurs are old and slow. The Suns are the future.

Metalhead
05-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Terrible terrible suspensions.

MichaelK
05-20-2007, 01:55 AM
As hungry as the Suns may have been, it wasn't enough to stop the Spurs who will go on to win the NBA Championship and forever cement Tim Duncan as the single greatest Power Forward in NBA history.

Not the Cavs, Jazz, or Pistons can stop them.

I'm NOT a Spurs fan, by the way.

BigBanda
05-23-2007, 06:37 AM
As hungry as the Suns may have been, it wasn't enough to stop the Spurs who will go on to win the NBA Championship and forever cement Tim Duncan as the single greatest Power Forward in NBA history.

Not the Cavs, Jazz, or Pistons can stop them.

I'm NOT a Spurs fan, by the way.
Well said. The hardest competition was Pheonix and they are out of the way. Spurs will take the finals this year.

Punk Ass
05-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Well said. The hardest competition was Pheonix and they are out of the way. Spurs will take the finals this year.
Detroit is no joke, dont get it twisted.

MichaelK
05-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Detroit may be no joke, but they are also NO MATCH for the "ugly" Spurs.

In terms of talent, Detroit is barely holding on in games against inferior opponents. As a Bulls fan, Chicago should not have won ONE game against the Pistons. NOT ONE. Against Cleveland, they should win 4-1, and they may very well. But they are barely squeaking by teams they should have NO problems beating.

Parker is better than Billups. No questions about it. My opinion, argue if you'd like.

Finley is a better scorer than Hamilton, and Ginobili is a better scorer and devensive player than Hamilton.

Prince is a solid defender and better scorer than Bowen, but with Bruce's defense, that point nearly becomes moot.

Webber and Duncan? We're comparing the best-passing big man in the league and the best PF to ever play the game. Let's consider, shall we?

DcDyess has been HORRIBLE from the field in the playoffs, and that is not going to get any easier against Cleveland, let alone the Spurs. He may be better than Oberto, but he hasn't shown much thus far.

Spurs over the Pistons, 4-2.

Not this season, but next, when Duncan wins his fifth ring will he finally be recognized as the best and most dominant PF in the history of the NBA.

Punk Ass
05-24-2007, 05:00 AM
[QUOTE]In terms of talent, Detroit is barely holding on in games against inferior opponents. As a Bulls fan, Chicago should not have won ONE game against the Pistons. NOT ONE. Against Cleveland, they should win 4-1, and they may very well. But they are barely squeaking by teams they should have NO problems beating. Parker is better than Billups. No questions about it. My opinion, argue if you'd like.

You just have no respect for the eastern conference. Chicogo is pretty good and so is Cleveland.

Finley is a better scorer than Hamilton, and Ginobili is a better scorer and devensive player than Hamilton. Maybe, but Hamilton is still good and can and will score on anybody, so does it matter?

Prince is a solid defender and better scorer than Bowen, but with Bruce's defense, that point nearly becomes moot.
Bruce aint stopping Prince.

Webber and Duncan? We're comparing the best-passing big man in the league and the best PF to ever play the game. Let's consider, shall we?
No one's saying Webber can stop Duncan, but he'll play his role.

DcDyess has been HORRIBLE from the field in the playoffs, and that is not going to get any easier against Cleveland, let alone the Spurs. He may be better than Oberto, but he hasn't shown much thus far.Not to say he wont at all.

Detroit in 7.

Not this season, but next, when Duncan wins his fifth ring will he finally be recognized as the best and most dominant PF in the history of the NBA. Better than Barkley, Malone, McHale (who most big men get their moves from) or even Dirk? That's a very bold statement.

The only thing that kept Malone and Barkley from getting rings was a man named Jordan and I don't think the spurs could have beaten any Bulls championship team.

BigBanda
05-24-2007, 05:11 AM

In terms of talent, Detroit is barely holding on in games against inferior opponents. As a Bulls fan, Chicago should not have won ONE game against the Pistons. NOT ONE. Against Cleveland, they should win 4-1, and they may very well. But they are barely squeaking by teams they should have NO problems beating.

Parker is better than Billups. No questions about it. My opinion, argue if you'd like.

Finley is a better scorer than Hamilton, and Ginobili is a better scorer and devensive player than Hamilton.

DcDyess has been HORRIBLE from the field in the playoffs, and that is not going to get any easier against Cleveland, let alone the Spurs. He may be better than Oberto, but he hasn't shown much thus far.

Spurs over the Pistons, 4-2.

Not this season, but next, when Duncan wins his fifth ring will he finally be recognized as the best and most dominant PF in the history of the NBA.
Sorry Harlem but he is right on the money with his post.

Punk Ass
05-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Sorry Harlem but he is right on the money with his post. Both of ya'll are crazy then lol. Just remember this when I come in here bragging after Detroit kicks the Spurs asses. :fingersmilie: lol

MichaelK
06-01-2007, 07:22 PM
The Pistons have their hands full with the Cavs right now, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

And, yes - I am of the opinion that Tim Duncan is a better and MORE DOMINANT player than Charles, Karl, or Kevin. All were great in their own right, and I will never take anything away from them, but they're just not on the same level as Tim.

The entire offense is run through Tim nearly every time down the floor. It wasn't run through Malone because he had Stockton who controlled the game and ran that offensive unit. Barkely was phenominal on the boards and could put up points on any given night, but he could never pass like Duncan can, and McHale had... what's his name - Larry Bird for the better part of his career. Kevin has great moves in the post, but he found many oppenings due to the defense being preoccupied with Larry.

I respect your opinions, and if the Pistions get past the Cavs and the Spurs, by all means, come boast. :)

BigBanda
06-04-2007, 03:00 AM
Wow Cavs going to the finals!!?!?!? Crazy crazy but I'm glad we will have something different for my Spurs.

San Antonio Spurs = 2007 Champions! :)

Punk Ass
06-04-2007, 04:14 AM
Wow Cavs going to the finals!!?!?!? Crazy crazy but I'm glad we will have something different for my Spurs.

San Antonio Spurs = 2007 Champions! :)

Yeh, it's pretty much a sweep for them.

MichaelK
06-05-2007, 06:29 AM
I think Cleveland can win 1 or 2, but that's it. It really won't be much of a series.

It is nice to have things a bit different, though.

warrior06
06-05-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm not a big b-ball fan. But I want Cavs to win. But the Spurs are a big favorite. Anyone remember Lakers vs Pistons a few years back. Not many people thought the Pistons could win more than 1 game let alone the series. I understand the differences but stranger things have happened.

CEVANS
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
with james playing like he is any thing can happin,thank god it's not the pistons vs spurs