PDA

View Full Version : adonis

deeznizzies
05-10-2007, 10:47 PM
hey adonis you seem like a pretty knowledgable dude when it comes to this work out stuff... now i'm in pretty decent shape, i'm no arnold but i'm pretty fit i think...

about 6 months ago i broke my collarbone and i recently had surgery to correct it (there was a big ass bump that needed to be shaved off)...

my question is, do you have any workout ideas that can have me back and just as strong if not stronger than i was before? thanks for any advice you might have bro.

SimpleJack
05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, If you had bone surgery (Shaving and debris removal) your biggest problem will be range of motion. Muscle tissue, once built, can be rebuilt through work. Now, another stumbling block could be the amount of pressure that can be put on your collar bone. I seem to experience some mild discomfort there doing Decline Bench Press and Shoulder press. Only you can decide what is too much.

As far as workouts that will strengthen that region, that's pretty simple.
Upright rows strengthen the traps
shrugs for the traps

Shoulders can be done with behind the head presses and dumbbell presses
lateral raises can be done as your third.
Barbell and dumbbell front raises will complete the muscle group. (Three heads)

If you're having trouble with range of motion, try yoga.

I'm not Adonis, but I hope that helps.

Clint
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the first big question is what are you training for sport-wise?

deeznizzies
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
first off, thanks for the advice donfrye.. good shit.. i assume from what you wrote you've broke your collarbone too? any more advice you have?

and clint, i'm just training in general.. trying to stay in pretty good shape.. maybe get an amateur fight one day.

adonis
05-31-2007, 08:31 AM
hey adonis you seem like a pretty knowledgable dude when it comes to this work out stuff... now i'm in pretty decent shape, i'm no arnold but i'm pretty fit i think...

about 6 months ago i broke my collarbone and i recently had surgery to correct it (there was a big ass bump that needed to be shaved off)...

my question is, do you have any workout ideas that can have me back and just as strong if not stronger than i was before? thanks for any advice you might have bro.

HAve you been through pysio for corrective/maintence exercises. You need to increase the ROM and stability of the joint.

Hypertrophy related goals should be put on hold until the shoulder is well. Too much risk for additional trauma if it's lacking stability.

My advice, go and visit a physio, and start doing what they SHOW you. After that, send me a PM or post here, and I can give you a great program.

adonis
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Here is the program I use with my clients to keep the shoulders healthy.

Pre-Workout: Thoracic mobilization work on the foam roller (same as above only lying supine across a foam roller).

A1: Reach, Roll and Lift (in "rock" position below)
2 sets of 5-10 reps @ 10sec Ri

A2: Dumbbell Seated External Rotation
2 sets of 10 reps/per arm @ 10sec Ri
Note: Pause for 2 seconds, three times during the negative phase of contraction.

A3: L-lateral Raise
2 sets of 10-12 reps @ 90sec Ri before completing A1/A2/A3
Note: Pause for 2 seconds at contraction. Because of the forward position of the dumbbells relative to the torso, this variation of the lateral raise stresses the rotator cuff more effectively.

B1: YTWL
2 sets of 8-12 reps @ 0sec Ri between movements
Note: Pause for 1 second at contraction
B2: Seated Cable Row with Rope to Neck
2 sets of 12-15 reps @ 90sec Ri before completing B1/B2
Note: Pause for 1 second at contraction

C: Push-up Plus on Swiss Ball
2 sets of 15 reps @ 60sec Ri
Note: No pause at either stretched or contracted position. This is just a push-up performed with your hands on the stability ball; however, at the end of the rep (the "plus" position), the shoulder blades should be pushed as far forward as possible.

D: Static Stretching of the Lats and Pecs
2-3 sets of 30-60 seconds
Note: Progressively increase duration

Performed every 4th workout, before any otehr exercise when coming back from physio